• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Kumo

Damn, Monster Chopper already? Too soon. I'm probably just going to go with Vivi/Laboon and use gems if I have to. Not sure if I'll farm him like I did with Mihawk.

RalchAC

I think I'll try using a Hina/Ace or Hina/Jozu team here. For the fight I would take the subs with best ATK among Kuro, Tashig, Sanji, Miss Wednesday and Chopper.

Will dump my turtles on Qck units then.

Aren't there multiple waves with multiple enemies who have the same countdowns in Monster Chopper's raid? If so, it'll cost a bit of gems to take a Vivi/Laboon team through it.

Sadly, that's all I think I'll be able to do. I don't think I can make a good, non-V/L, team in time (I don't have Vivi or LS Zoro, so I can't even go that route). My Speed units are: Unevolved Ace (46), Evolved Tashigi (45), Unevolved Hina (16), DJ Sanji (1), Unevolved Gin (20), Higuma (1).

Tidd

Today sucks... I can't do anything. My turtle time is in 12hours and I need 10 to regenerate 60 stamina v.v

Monster chopper late May? Last time it was really LATE, so I guess this time, too. :D
And I wonder when we get another chance for Mihawk?

That's one down. Mihawk is next, but he is an XP eating machine.

Congrats!

And welcome back Chrono! :)

RalchAC

I can't wait for the skill up event to start.

Even if I have horrid luck with my skill ups, at least I'll get to clear all those books!

Yeah, same here.

I'm going to do my 2 pulls for this event.

If I get Nami or Mr2 I'll use their books on those characters. If I don't I'll use the books to level up some other units. For what other gaffers have told me it seems leveling up their skills isn't a must anyway.

I'm only going to keep my Guard Point Chopper books because we're getting Drum in a month and the free Chopper they give when you finish that story island is going to be evolved into that form.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Hina go fuck yourself you fucking cheese bitch ass bitch, fucking pos locks out my fucking mihawk friend 3 fucking times in a row so it locks his captain boost and obviously his potential turn damage on her, I rainbow gemmed 3 fucking times in a row because of that reason and she kept caging him on refill.

Fuuuuuuck youuuuuu you fuck!

This was on expert too.. Fucking cheating ass cpu.

Thankfully I pirate lvl'd so I don't feel too bad about the gems but fuck.. What a bitch..

Hina go fuck yourself you fucking cheese bitch ass bitch, fucking pos locks out my fucking mihawk friend 3 fucking times in a row so it locks his captain boost and obviously his potential turn damage on her, I rainbow gemmed 3 fucking times in a row because of that reason and she kept caging him on refill.

Thankfully I pirate lvl'd so I don't feel too bad about the gems but fuck.. What a bitch..

If Hina manages to use her lock skill, you're doing it wrong. <<<<:]

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I will probably run out of money today. I'm at 200k beli, have 10 Mihawks to feed, 20 Nami skillbooks, 10 mr. 2 books, and some Hina's.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

As Neoriceisgood said - you arent supposed to get locked in the first play. Stall for Golden Pound and kill Hina in 3-4 turns.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
As Neoriceisgood said - you arent supposed to get locked in the first play. Stall for Golden Pound and kill Hina in 3-4 turns.

I was too low hp to tank all 2-3 on that first turn so I had to usopp early (maybe I should have taken the first hit regardless). Was low from getting beatdown by fullbody beforehand, he got his ult and 2 other turns on me... Was unlucky with the orbs lol..

I snowballed my ass into the problem.

I was too low hp to tank all 2-3 on that first turn so I had to usopp early (maybe I should have taken the first hit regardless). Was low from getting beatdown by fullbody beforehand, he got his ult and 2 other turns on me... Was unlucky with the orbs lol..

Don't you have any units that do well at stalling?

e.g. I put Marco on my Hina busting team specifically for his full heal. & have smoker for backup with his defence stall.

Nibel

What's your team Slayer?

Note that you shouldn't attack her first but her allies; if you don't manage to kill them, then she'll heal them. If you do kill them though, she'll attack you with a regular attack.

If you do it with 2x Mihawks, then get rid of the two first, and if you are lucky you land a strike with one of your units during that first round. Then she'll attack, and then if the One Piece Orb god blesses you you might kill her the next turn

cw_sasuke

e.g. I put Marco on my Hina busting team specifically for his full heal. & have smoker for backup with his defence stall.

Well he has Mihawk with his 4hits and Golden Pound with low atk...so stalling shouldnt be an issue.
What's your team Slayer?

Note that you shouldn't attack her first but her allies; if you don't manage to kill them, then she'll heal them. If you do kill them though, she'll attack you with a regular attack.

If you do it with 2x Mihawks, then get rid of the two first, and if you are lucky you land a strike with one of your units during that first round. Then she'll attack, and then if the One Piece Orb god blesses you you might kill her the next turn

I havent failed one expert run yet and in my experience its easier to take out Hina first and kill of the Fodder later. Mihawk teams with Asura Zoro means that you will take her out in 2-3 turns max. Less if you manage your orbs on the turtle/crap stage before the boss.

Then again...with a strong team you will take out all 3 in 3 rounds anyway so its maybe not that important. If you start with Dex obs on Mihawks/Asura i would OHKO her first.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

What's your team Slayer?

.[/quote]

That's what I was using and a Mihawk friend. I would usually double Vista. With Mihawk it's no problem too but hp is risky lower on expert, damage is better though.

I have a regular Mihawk in the bank (57) and a recently evolved twin stick Nami @ level 41 right now too.

I have a lvl azura zorro too.. Should I make a dex team?

RalchAC

Well he has Mihawk with his 4hits and Golden Pound with low atk...so stalling shouldnt be an issue.

I havent failed one expert run yet and in my experience its easier to take out Hina first and kill of the Fodder later. Mihawk teams with Asura Zoro means that you will take her out in 2-3 turns max. Less if you manage your orbs on the turtle/crap stage before the boss.

Then again...with a strong team you will take out all 3 in 3 rounds anyway so its maybe not that important. If you start with Dex obs on Mihawks/Asura i would OHKO her first.

Ive failed twice and that was because I wasn't paying attention and got to Hina with 1 turn left for Ussop'n

I want Kuro to come back T.T

cw_sasuke

That's what I was using and a Mihawk friend. I would usually double Vista. With Mihawk it's no problem too but hp is risky lower on expert, damage is better though.

I have a regular Mihawk in the bank (54) and a recently evolved twin stick Nami @ level 41 right now too.

Well ok this explains it ...thought you were running a Slasher Mihawk team and are hitting Hina for double dmg with at least 3 Dex units. With 2.5x Mihawk leads and Zoro you hit her for 400-500k per round with good orbs.

How much HP do you have with Mihawk ? Around 10k is more than enough on your stage since you can OHKO every fodder and just need a bit HP to tank crabs/turtles while stalling.

PS: I think we arent friend yet...will need more Vista friends in the future.
Ive failed twice and that was because I wasn't paying attention and got to Hina with 1 turn left for Ussop'n

I want Kuro to come back T.T

Well that sucks...your Golden Pund isnt max skilled yet right ? Mine is max skilled so its a bit easier and he will be ready even without mayor stalling. He really is the MVP in this game...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Well ok this explains it ...thought you were running a Slasher Mihawk team and are hitting Hina for double dmg with at least 3 Dex units. With 2.5x Mihawk leads and Zoro you hit her for 400-500k per round with good orbs.

How much HP do you have with Mihawk ? Around 10k is more than enough on your stage since you can OHKO every fodder and just need a bit HP to tank crabs/turtles while stalling.

Well that sucks...your Golden Pund isnt max skilled yet right ? Mine is max skilled so its a bit easier and he will be ready even without mayor stalling. He really is the MVP in this game...

That's what I have atm.

Did you manage to win before with that Vista + Mihawk team? If so, then use a Towel Nami friend instead of Mihawk. Everyone except Usopp will get the ATK&HP boost and her special can save you from bad orbs.

cw_sasuke

Mihawk is one of the best units in the game so you should focus on leveling and evolving him. Hina is really easy with a 6.25x Mihawk team. Your Zoro is already in its final stage...so leveling up lvl 30-35 will be enough. He also is an essential unit so you will invest in him sooner or later anyway.

Mihawk/Mihawk
Asura Zoro/ Arlong
Vista/Golden Pound

Thats what i run without issues.

Don't they need #'s? Lol

Dont know...but still...better save than sorry.

Should I level up my Kuro and Tashigi for Monster Chopper?

My current team right now is:

Evolved Mihawk Level 50
Enraged Arlong Level 50
Ashura Zoro Level 30
Gaimon (because my pirate Level isnt high enough to add another slasher or my Vista)
Evolved Kuro (Level 60)

My evolved Vista is also level 61, though I still cant really use him, since he costs too much.

What are you guys doing to get past hina? My double mihawk team still falls occasionally against her on the 2nd hardest difficulty

I never fail in the second hardest difficulty. I mean she uses her skill after she lost half her health, so I try to be over that for the first turn and in the second turn with my Mihawk, Friend Mihawk and Ashura Zoro I can kill her.
If one of the Mihawks or two have a DEX attack, I can even kill her in one turn.

What are you guys doing to get past hina? My double mihawk team still falls occasionally against her on the 2nd hardest difficulty

I use double Asura Zoro & a ridiculous amount of stalling to charge up Marco's recovery.

I died once or twice early on as I still had to see what worked but my current team set up gets through without much issue now.

cw_sasuke

Evolved Mihawk ? And you use Golden Pound at the the start of the battle ? Dont really see how you can lose unless you miss many hits.

Double Mihawk + Zoro + Golden Pound should be enough.

Should I level up my Kuro and Tashigi for Monster Chopper?

My current team right now is:

Evolved Mihawk Level 50
Enraged Arlong Level 50
Ashura Zoro Level 30
Gaimon (because my pirate Level isnt high enough to add another slasher or my Vista)
Evolved Kuro (Level 60)

My evolved Vista is also level 61, though I still cant really use him, since he costs too much.

Probably dont wanna use Green units for Chopper ,,,so a Zombie team might be your best shot at Chopper. Wouldnt spend too much effort on units like Tashigi at this point since she will be obsolete very soon...Hina though. A Hina QCK team might be enough for the 30 stamina version.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I'll add you, I'll prob keep leveling Vista soon. Had been leveling other characters.

What do I need? Send you a code or you send it?

-edit-

StMeph

Towel Nami, Robin, Vista, Mr. 3, etc... they all elude me and I don't wanna waste more gems trying to get them.

Mr. 3 is coming soon to the story island, so there's no reason chasing REM pulls for him.

Take the loss and just try it again. Even if you're going to gem, gem for the stamina refill since that's probably worth more than one run. If you're struggling just to finish, and NEED to gem to beat the level, it's probably too difficult for your current team/XP, and you just need more levels (or to farm for specific units).

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mr. 3 is coming soon to the story island, so there's no reason chasing REM pulls for him.

Take the loss and just try it again. Even if you're going to gem, gem for the stamina refill since that's probably worth more than one run. If you're struggling just to finish, and NEED to gem to beat the level, it's probably too difficult for your current team/XP, and you just need more levels (or to farm for specific units).

I couldn't let go bro lol. She baited my ass into doing it

Probably dont wanna use Green units for Chopper ,,,so a Zombie team might be your best shot at Chopper. Wouldnt spend too much effort on units like Tashigi at this point since she will be obsolete very soon...Hina though. A Hina QCK team might be enough for the 30 stamina version.

So what Units should I level for that besides Hina? I dont really have good QCK Units.
Hina
Mr. 9
Evolved Kuro
Evolved Tashigi
Sanji

RalchAC

PS: I think we arent friend yet...will need more Vista friends in the future.

It's at level 2. Hina is still easy, there are 2 stages where you can stall a few turns so it's not a big proble. But sometimes you're enjoying the awesomeness of House of Cards and you press a perfect instead of waiting one more turn.

With 3 Dex matched orbs I do around 375-420k damage. My DEX units are at 55 or so, I use an Slasher team with dual Mihawks and Zoro. Merry is at 8

cw_sasuke

So what Units should I level for that besides Hina? I dont really have good QCK Units.
Hina
Mr. 9
Evolved Kuro
Evolved Tashigi
Sanji

5* Ace/ Evo Hina
DJ Sanji /Kuro
Tashigi/Golden Pound

Should work on 30 stamina if the are leveled a bit.

If you are just in for the clear on 30 and 40 stamina you might wanna go the Zombie team route. I have most good available QCK units and still might use a Zombie team on 40 stamina because we dont have Kaku yet.

cw_sasuke

It's at level 2. Hina is still easy, there are 2 stages where you can stall a few turns so it's not a big proble. But sometimes you're enjoying the awesomeness of House of Cards and you press a perfect instead of waiting one more turn.

With 3 Dex matched orbs I do around 375-420k damage. My DEX units are at 55 or so, I use an Slasher team with dual Mihawks and Zoro. Merry is at 8

Heh okay...thats true. If you screw up or make mistakes the team or stage doesnt really matter.

Does LS Zoro work for 40-stam?

Yeah...thats what i might use. With Mihawk active it wont be THAT horrible for one guaranteed drop.

Majukun

I'm gold today..anyone who ants to tap some barrels?

also..what team to use for monster chopper?g3 with blue guys?ace?vivi+laboon?

Evolved Mihawk ? And you use Golden Pound at the the start of the battle ? Dont really see how you can lose unless you miss many hits.

Double Mihawk + Zoro + Golden Pound should be enough.

I don't use golden hammer (i should) but i kill the enemies too quickly and i only loose when she locks one of the captains effectively halving my attack power

Majukun

I don't use golden hammer (i should) but i kill the enemies too quickly and i only loose when she locks one of the captains effectively halving my attack power

donp't you have asura zoro?
with a double asura + golden pound + some other green guys you can farm hina 30 without effort since you can stall at will with all those HP

Random MC Tips:

• People NOT going with a Vivi team can use the Damage Calculator to see if their teams can beat MC fast enough. He has 990k HP in 30 and 1.8 million in 40.
  • If you're not using Jozu or a Vivi team you probably won't be able to tank any hits from MC (you'll take some good damage while stalling) so you need to work within Usopp's delay (4 turns). Above 20% HP Chopper will attack every 2 turns so Alvida or Wolf Flow Zoro can buy you 2 extra turns (4 if you have both in the team).
  • Laboon teams will most likely have to gem on 40 stam in the mobs stages, maybe even in 30.
  • Most of the mobs and Chopper himself have slightly over 300 DEF. Don't use crabs, you'll be doing turtle-like damage on everyone. Lobsters is the way to go.
  • In 40 stam (not sure about 30), both stage 2 and 4 lock the people that they are weak to. The mobs have 10 HP in stage 2 and 5 in stage 4 while the elder seahorse (locks a random unit) has 6. If you're going with a Vivi team, in stages 1 and 3 leave 1 mob alive and stall for Diable Jambe Sanji's special.

Top Bottom