• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

I have 15 fullbody skillbooks lol.

Especially if I manage to get a few skill ups on Fullbody, Diablo Jambe sanji becomes less and less important from my box selection..

I can't think of any team that uses Marco and Mihawk together.

Currently I'm using Marco as filler for my Hina busting team. I'm honestly severely underleveled for 30 sta Hina so I've been depending on his full heal nearly every match.

If I level Mihawk to the point where I can't combine him with Marco, I don't have enough decent units to face her left. (I only have 3 worthwhile dex units: Zoro, Smoker, Mihawk.)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Just did my first two YOLO pulls ever - I've been very restrained. Had a thought of pulling a rare INT character before the rate-up ended.

Pulled Nami and Usopp -_-

Just cause I'm a cureuz basterd; What's everyone's favourite team color in this game? (with a possible explanation as to why)

I would say mine would be Heart/Gold, mainly because I like almost all of the relevant characters for those teams. I just recently acquired Shanks and Vivi, so it definitely still has a long way to go, but I would eventually like to use it more often. If only I had a Marco....

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You're way too paranoid, you should have used your Marco ages ago lol.

I tried the GP Usopp team like I promised. I managed a 2 minutes 30 run with maxed Merry and fullbody, not sure if that's faster or slower than the average tandem team clear. Video: http://youtu.be/8CMTVn6wO5E
Haha ok im convinced. Hope you guys will have your Marcos still up an hour from now.

When SuperNova pt.2/Rayleigh?
Probably around end of June.

Just did my first two YOLO pulls ever - I've been very restrained. Had a thought of pulling a rare INT character before the rate-up ended.

Pulled Nami and Usopp -_-
Man that sucks to hear. You probably should have just waited for the Sugofest. But then again even on Sugofests you get a bunch of bad drops.

Well you will have more luck next time.

chrono01

Robin get ? You are a damn lucky guy..... makes me wanna pull for her as well :-/
Same. She's the critical point in my INT team, but I don't want to pull for her now since I want to save whatever I can for Rayleigh.

The dilemma!

Glad to have you back chrono! I can't believe you have only managed 5 Towel Nami's though. That's crazy! I'm sitting on a solid 30 right now, sheesh.
Thanks!

Yeah, I've been very unlucky with Towel Nami drops. The last day things improved slightly [I'm up to...10, I believe], but I'm not getting nearly as many as others seem to be getting. Here's hoping that improves soon, I'd really like to max her skill and I want as many as I can to be able to do that.

When SuperNova pt.2/Rayleigh?
We don't really know, but considering Sugofests usually happen once a month many are speculating the end of June.

It'll be a long wait. :(

I have 15 fullbody skillbooks lol.

Especially if I manage to get a few skill ups on Fullbody, Diablo Jambe sanji becomes less and less important from my box selection..
I have 30+ Fullbody skill books. I'm not even joking. He plagues me instead of Towel Nami drops. The horror.

cw_sasuke

Turtle Time isn't daily this week, check the dates and times here. http://cyung.github.io/optc/event.html

Damn...perfect times for me on day 1 and 3 at least. Also helps me farming Hina and Lobsters in between. So im fine with it.
Same. She's the critical point in my INT team, but I don't want to pull for her now since I want to save whatever I can for Rayleigh.

The dilemma!

Thanks!

Yeah, I've been very unlucky with Towel Nami drops. The last day things improved slightly [I'm up to...10, I believe], but I'm not getting nearly as many as others seem to be getting. Here's hoping that improves soon, I'd really like to max her skill and I want as many as I can to be able to do that.

Hehe though i will be honest i would probably pull on this INT Event if i didnt already have the other good purple units...Vista, Towel Nami, Buggy, Mr. 3, Krieg.... so just pulling for one card is too risky. Especially when i could get her and potential Sugofests exclusives if i pull once we get Rayleigh.

Also Korial said Double Vista can clear so Garp...so thats what im focusing on if i dont get Robin until then.

PS. Weird that you have gotten so few Nami books on Hina...feels like she drops them on every run..often 2 of them. Was able to max skill Nami without having to wait for the skillup event, used the rest as XP.

Hana-Bi

Hehe though i will be honest i would probably pull on this INT Event if i didnt already have the other good purple units...Vista, Towel Nami, Buggy, Mr. 3, Krieg.... so just pulling for one card is too risky. Especially when i could get her and potential Sugofests exclusives if i pull once we get Rayleigh.

Just did another (well 6) YOLO pulls...

Fire Pearl
Usopp
Nami
Miss Wednesday
Miss Wednesday (wtf?!)
Nico Robin (yay)

My Int team is looking good now (Vista is missing though):

Towel Nami (max skilled)
Don Krieg
Mr.3
Nico Robin
Buggy / Bazooka Marine

cw_sasuke

Fire Pearl
Usopp
Nami
Miss Wednesday
Miss Wednesday (wtf?!)
Nico Robin (yay)

Towel Nami (max skilled)
Don Krieg
Mr.3
Nico Robin
Buggy / Bazooka Marine

You know...im really happy for you. But its post like this that really makes it difficult to not just go for it and pull again. Damn...3 Robins .... ? Wow....

chrono01

Also Korial said Double Vista can clear so Garp...so thats what im focusing on if i dont get Robin until then.

PS. Weird that you have gotten so few Nami books on Hina...feels like she drops them on every run..often 2 of them. Was able to max skill Nami without having to wait for the skillup event, used the rest as XP.
I don't have a Vista yet either, so technically I need both him and Robin. I don't have Mr. 3 either, but I can farm for him. But yeah, I'd like to wait for the Rayleigh release since I desperately need him. I still need to level up my INT team anyway, so it's not as though I can run it for difficult content right now, but it would be nice to have so I can start working on them.

I'm definitely cursed when it comes to Towel Nami skill books. The desire sensor in full effect for me. :/

Fire Pearl
Usopp
Nami
Miss Wednesday
Miss Wednesday (wtf?!)
Nico Robin (yay)

Towel Nami (max skilled)
Don Krieg
Mr.3
Nico Robin
Buggy / Bazooka Marine
And another Robin? Congrats to you!

And I'm jealous.

cw_sasuke

Wow ...Marco destroys the turtle stage. Yeah not going back to the Marines...at least not for purple turtles. Had no Elder invade in my runs...but could level Vista a bit so its fine.
I don't have a Vista yet either, so technically I need both him and Robin. I don't have Mr. 3 either, but I can farm for him. But yeah, I'd like to wait for the Rayleigh release since I desperately need him. I still need to level up my INT team anyway, so it's not as though I can run it for difficult content right now, but it would be nice to have so I can start working on them.

I'm definitely cursed when it comes to Towel Nami skill books. The desire sensor in full effect for me. :/

Yeah thats the best course...will also wait for Rayleigh to hit...and if i get him, Whitebeard or Nami i will be happy.

Hana-Bi

Yeah Marco seems nice for those turtles. But I don't have that many Marco friends...

Too bad I evolved my Marines. I only have one friend with an evolved Marine...

cw_sasuke

What is the idea behind a macro turtle team? I have been using the tandem marines but also have a 5 star marco I could use. I don't have many psy units though
Thought the same but with Friend Marco, Evo Dragon and Golden Pound you already have 4 units. Fill in the rest with crabs or whatever PSY unit left. You need yellow orb on Marco to kill the Elder everything else will drop on off color orbs if you dont miss.

Give it a shot. Sub 2 minute runs are nice.

Heng

I see a lot of people in this thread using Marco, so I guess I'll leave Marco as captain for you guys. I think I'll try a psy team tonight.

Kumo

Everybody pulling all these Robins got me hyped to do a pull..........AND GOT..........Don Krieg :\ already have him. sad day.

I've pulled a total of 6 times during the int up event now and I got 3* Tashigi, V2 Usopp, Krieg, Choo, Thunderbolt Tempo Nami, and Helmeppo. Yeah...

In short, the rate up events are shit. Yeah it increases the chances for some of the int characters you want, but you also get an increased rate of all the other shitty int characters. Lesson learned, only roll for rare recruits during sugofests.

Wazzy

Banned
5 elders, 8 gems, 6 purple pigs, TT twice today and teens?

giphy.gif

GDJustin

Ah, damn. Monster Chopper is coming sooner than expected. Good news for all of you - bad news for me. I'm not sure I can field a team in enough time to even deal with his 30-stam form. I can't come close to dealing with 30-Stam Hina, and I have better team colors for that, even. :(

I should have started playing a month+ ago.

Any advice for someone with a very weak selection of Speed units (Unevolved Hina, Story Sanji)?

Farming a Vivi ASAP should probably be Step 1? Maybe a Kuro/Laboon as Step 2?

Edit: my box:

Jayhawk

It's too late to farm a Vivi and get her enough experience for Monster Chopper. Farm a Laboon from the 2nd last stage on that island to get lowest level possible. Then find the right combination of units to meet the HP maximum you'll need to survive. Emphasis on maximum, not minimum. Laboon teams don't work with high level units just because of how his special works, you want Vivi to be able to heal you back to over 50% from 1 HP before the next attack.

GDJustin

It's too late to farm a Vivi and get her enough experience for Monster Chopper. Farm a Laboon from the 2nd last stage on that island to get lowest level possible. Then find the right combination of units to meet the HP maximum you'll need to survive. Emphasis on maximum, not minimum. Laboon teams don't work with high level units just because of how his special works, you want Vivi to be able to heal you back to over 50% from 1 HP before the next attack.

I don't get it. Don't I still need a Vivi to heal each turn to over 50%, in order for Laboon to be useful?

cw_sasuke

Considering some of the account stealing going on it might be best to post your boxes without your name attached to it...sounds paranoid but you never now.

Also Chopper end of May is cool, looking forward to it.

GDJustin

You need a Vivi friend; raising a Vivi is tough so get a Laboon and Vivi friends instead.

Gotcha. That makes sense. That'll make for a looooong battle, though. But at least it's a guaranteed win. I wonder if I'll be able to slip a story Sanji or Hina or someone onto my team to at least provide a little DPS, while still staying under the HP cap for Vivi to heal me up.

chrono01

Considering some of the account stealing going on it might be best to post your boxes without your name attached to it...sounds paranoid but you never now.

Also Chopper end of May is cool, looking forward to it.
Yeah, personally I'll never post my box directly. Apparently, it's enough for someone to steal your account with just the account name and the information provided in the default box screenshots, such as the units you have/levels of the units/amount of Beli/number of Rainbow Gems, etc.

I'm paranoid, so I won't be posting my box. I'll post the occasional "max level reached!" screenshot, or a rare pull [or the evolve of a rare pull], but other than that...I will remain a mystery. Better safe than sorry.

Jayhawk

I do, not sure if you are on my friends list though.

Sent a friend request! I won't be having my VIvi as active captain until Chopper shows up. I'll be a marine captain for turtle week, and then Ashura Zoro for Hina.

With regards to posting screenshots, just blur out your name, pirate level, and maybe even some units.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
hmSlBGP.jpg

That's one down. Mihawk is next, but he is an XP eating machine.

Also, a Mihawk team with an extra double iron fist subbing for Usopp leads to 1 minute runs turtle runs. It's kind of insane. (2x 80+ Mihawk, Arlong, Vista, Shanks, Double Ironfist(MAX Skill) for Elders)

chrono01

hmSlBGP.jpg

That's one down. Mihawk is next, but he is an XP eating machine.

Also, a Mihawk team with an extra double iron fist subbing for Usopp leads to 1 minute runs turtle runs. It's kind of insane. (2x 80+ Mihawk, Arlong, Vista, Shanks, Double Ironfist(MAX Skill) for Elders)
Congrats!

hmSlBGP.jpg

That's one down. Mihawk is next, but he is a XP eating machine.

Don't I know it. The last ten levels or so cost me around 200,000 beri. And now each Mihawk I use to level his special will run me 9,900 each but I'll climb that mountain the next time his raid rolls around.

Speaking of raids, I wonder if it's worth farming Monster Chopper for his special, which is a random damage dealer to a single enemy. I have level 70 Ace with the rest of my QCK team in the 50s so I wonder how easy or even if it'll be worth it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Speaking of raids, I wonder if it's worth farming Monster Chopper for his special, which is a random damage dealer to a single enemy. I have level 70 Ace with the rest of my QCK team in the 50s so I wonder how easy or even if it'll be worth it.
I'd just get as many of him as I could through normal means because he's 24 hours.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Speaking of raids, I wonder if it's worth farming Monster Chopper for his special, which is a random damage dealer to a single enemy.

Even though it's not important to farm Chopper for skill cooldown, a successful Expert run nets 6450 XP, 62000 Beli, two cracks at an Elder Seahorse (required for almost every 5* evolve), one crack at a Red Pirate Penguin, a high chance of a Red Daimyo turtle, and a nice chunk of XP for 4* Chopper.

Like Mihawk, there's multiple potential benefits, so it's one of the better ways to spend stamina, or even gems on refills. I'm in in for the Elder horses alone, 'cause I hate wasting my time on that stupid Sea Pony island.

Top Bottom