• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

chrono01

I got ... 500x friend points.

Something I'm .. happy with for once!
They need to remove Friend Points from gold chests. Sorry about that.

But I'm glad to hear that you can use them anyway. That skillbook FP event coming up!

I'll spoof real quick while I'm on break at work for a few minutes. I'll spoof to chrono's postal code if anyone is interested.
Sounds good. Let me know when you're ready and I'll start. No hurry.

Poopdeck pirates ... okay.

Tapping. :|

They need to remove Friend Points from gold chests. Sorry about that.

But I'm glad to hear that you can use them anyway. That skillbook FP event coming up!

Yeah, they're surprisingly useful when there's actually decent stuff to get for once.

On that note, I got 5x cola!

chrono01

Nooo Usopp..!
NTUA8WI.gif

Thanks for the Keys, Zeke. I hope I gave you something good in return.

Keys as well.

Honestly, I just want cola at this point so I can get my level 10 Merry in time for Garp. Not that I'd ever turn down keys! Although I'm almost certain the Jeweled Porc Sanctuary is cursed. Every time I go I come back with unevolved yellow pigs, which are the hardest to get turtles for. In fact, I have 6 of those smug little bastards sitting in my inventory just taking up space.

Keys as well.

Honestly, I just want cola at this point so I can get my level 10 Merry in time for Garp. Not that I'd ever turn down keys! Although I'm almost certain the Jeweled Porc Sanctuary is cursed. Every time I go I come back with unevolved yellow pigs, which are the hardest to get turtles for. In fact, I have 6 of those smug little bastards sitting in my inventory just taking up space.

I heard you can evolve them with a kiss from Marco..

So I found a pic in this OT of the team I was running when I started the game (Vivi slashers with friend Arlong) and decided to see what that team would look like today, more than 100 days later:

They grow up so fast. ;-;
don't laugh at baratie >_>

Anyone else has some before and after pics of their starter teams?

Dandte

Massiv post incoming. Went through the first 100 Pages. Basically i was lurking and complaining. Some excerpts
Buggy drop: 0
turtle: 0
Book: 0
Cabaji:7+
Moji:0
srly what is wrong with my account oO no luck all. My buddy just started the game and rolled shanks, gave it to an other fried and rerolled a few times (4-5) and got shanks again.
currently farming elite arlong with a mix of (allways the crab evo)
shanks
ruffy 4*
Zorro4*
God 4*
Yellow Dragon
Vivi 4*
i'm thinking about taking Ruffy out and Nami 4* in. Since i lack hp her protect form int attacks seems kinda great. Also no luck with turtles, not even one :/
Also there are few people with 5* ruffys, looks like some are luckier than me.
My strat for buggy Elite works pretty Well :D
Shanks
Nami
Usoop
Zoro
Yellow dragon
And friend vivi

Shanks and the hearts will you give you enough dmg and namis one turn block in combination with vivis recovery will make sure you will survive for sure.

Any other combinations? I only have 4 friends with vivis and one wasn't active for 2 days :s
*Strat* Well back in the days this stuff worked...*feeling smart*
is it even possible to get a purple dragon on one of the three dragon islands? i got 8 yellow dragons in 8 runs on different islands >.<!! i wasted a whole day of stamina on these stupid dragons.
Had that happen with crabs, kept getting purple ones all day. ><
Hah! ID 3 was jinxed, is jinxed and will ever be
Well...I got like 10 usoop books in total from the last Island. Untill now i got around 13-15 nami books -.- this game is mocking me.
The frustration when vivi makes a drop animation and you receive a bag of belli >.<!! btw whats the best place to farm vivi? currently i use stage 5 for the chance of a yellow crab.

Sadly no real "back then and now team" posts. So far i'm still enjoying this game, the frustration about my ridiculous misfortune is kinda part of the fun. With all the content that awaits us it will be fun for a long time. I'm only regrettint that i was lurking for so long, since i was active right from start of tc and and the first Thread.
So thanks to Tiddy, Hisoka, Sasuke, Ralch, Omega, Bjork (even though you are banned *sniff*, chrona aka brono, Korial my fellow sufferer of the id 3, and of course my early vivi provider qazqaNii. Last but not least all the rest of the amazing OT crew, thanks for all the fun!

Now back to broggy, that fu**** doesn't want to join my crew.

chrono01

I might have to resort to that too...
Yeah, I'd rather keep it here too, as it would help keep the GAF community strong. However, if I need to then I will.

Last try for the day. If there are any Silver/Gold Android users that want to break barrels, let me know. I'm Gold today, but will take Silver if I need to. A desperate man, and all that.

RalchAC

I'm a 5 user and I still habe tries left. If anybody is still interested...

How much monet are you planning to get this weekend in the money island? I want to be around 2 millions since next week is gonna be expensive

chrono01

I'm a 5 user and I still habe tries left. If anybody is still interested...

How much monet are you planning to get this weekend in the money island? I want to be around 2 millions since next week is gonna be expensive
Good thing I checked before calling it for the day. I'm still able to barrel break if you're around. Postal Code - T5G 3A6. If not, it was worth a try!

Hisoka

- snip a bit-
Sadly no real "back then and now team" posts. So far i'm still enjoying this game, the frustration about my ridiculous misfortune is kinda part of the fun. With all the content that awaits us it will be fun for a long time. I'm only regrettint that i was lurking for so long, since i was active right from start of tc and and the first Thread.
So thanks to Tiddy, Hisoka, Sasuke, Ralch, Omega, Bjork (even though you are banned *sniff*, chrona aka brono, Korial my fellow sufferer of the id 3, and of course my early vivi provider qazqaNii. Last but not least all the rest of the amazing OT crew, thanks for all the fun!

*sob* *sob* *sob*

You can't hide forever Maju!

He can, he avoided me too xD

chrono01

There's definitely a science behind the "sixth digit curse". I don't want to sound like a crazy person, but these things cannot be coincidence. I'm just thankful I'm not among the "Cursed 3". You have my condolences.

That being said, my luck hasn't been super-amazing, although not terrible either. I managed to max skill both of the units that I really wanted [God Hammer Usopp and Towel Nami, with a somewhat special mention to Hina], although we'll see if the pattern continues when I attempt the same with my hoarded books for Coby V2 and Robin [the latter of which will have to wait, since I don't actually have her yet :/].

My luck with the gatcha has been...decent. Aside from Ace as one of my primary pulls way back when I started, I managed to get Gear Third Luffy [who is basically carrying me through content right now], the aforementioned Towel Nami, Basil Hawkins, and Law. Well, Sanji V2 as well, but we do not talk about him. Granted I haven't pulled many from Recruits yet [I've mostly been saving for Rayleigh since I really want him, I'm sitting on 160 Rainbow Gems right now...]. Here's hoping my patience pays off.
It won't. ;_;

I agree about our great community, though. It's died down somewhat over the last week or so, but that's what happens when there's not a lot of content to work through [even more so considering how boring Smoker's Island is]. I'm sure things will pick up once again when Garp is introduced, as well as additional content.

As for Broggy...I know. He won't drop for me either, but then I only try during 0.5x Stamina/2x Drop events. Maybe next time...

Dandte

What is this cursed 3 stuff? I'm 3 and I feel lucky at the game.

Oh crap, i'm sorry :( ID 3 is the same as playing the game. As long as you don't know that you play the game you won'T loose and as long you don't know that ID 3 is cursed, it isn't.

You basically destroyed your game and can stop playing it. The next sugo fest will only grant you with v1 corbys and sanjis.

As for you luck till now

exceptio probat regulam in casibus non exceptis
which is the lack of knowledge of ID3

And no i'm not crazy, i did some crazy mathematic and dark magic stuff to proof this.

RalchAC

My luck with the gatcha has been...decent. Aside from Ace as one of my primary pulls way back when I started, I managed to get Gear Third Luffy [who is basically carrying me through content right now], the aforementioned Towel Nami, Basil Hawkins, and Law. Well, Sanji V2 as well, but we do not talk about him. Granted I haven't pulled many from Recruits yet [I've mostly been saving for Rayleigh since I really want him, I'm sitting on 160 Rainbow Gems right now...]. Here's hoping my patience pays off.
It won't. ;_;

I agree about our great community, though. It's died down somewhat over the last week or so, but that's what happens when there's not a lot of content to work through [even more so considering how boring Smoker's Island is]. I'm sure things will pick up once again when Garp is introduced, as well as additional content.

As for Broggy...I know. He won't drop for me either, but then I only try during 0.5x Stamina/2x Drop events. Maybe next time...

Add to the lack of content that many of us are university students and lately we've been having exams and other stuff to do.

But yeah. Right now there isn't much to talk about. The new events are nice and we'd see how our teams shape after the multiple Turtle islands. But this week was a bit boring. We've been mainly doing Little Garden runs (Mr3, where are you? T.T), material hoarding or Smoker island.

Hopefully things will get better soon.

BTW, is there any interesting farmable unit in Drum? There is a 2x Drop rate there for a week, which could be a quite high one combined with the weekly 2x Drop bonus.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So....my 2nd turtle time is at 3AM...normally this would mean i will miss it - but Sonys press e3 press conference will be around that time. Guess i will have to power through this time ... #dedication
Can you Vivi garp without gems?

I think its possible - but wait for Korial for a definite answer since he already done it. But honestly i think i would go crazy using a Zombie team on Garp especially once he starts spamming his special and you have to rewatch the animation all the time...if its a one time thing okay...but still, if possible i would probably spend a 3-4 orbs and get him in a couple minutes instead.

yes but you either need a food provider or an alvida.

Well my Alvida's level 45 (no skill up though) I assume I can easily crank her up to 50-60 during the turtle event to make her ready for combat though.

I think its possible - but wait for Korial for a definite answer since he already done it. But honestly i think i would go crazy using a Zombie team on Garp especially once he starts spamming his special and you have to rewatch the animation all the time...if its a one time thing okay...but still, if possible i would probably spend a 3-4 orbs and get him in a couple minutes instead.

Well Mihawk & Chopper spammed their specials as well..

RalchAC

So....my 2nd turtle time is at 3AM...normally this would mean i will miss it - but Sonys press e3 press conference will be around that time. Guess i will have to power through this time ... #dedication

Knowing Sony their conference will actually start when you've already finished your turtle time lol.

I think I'll go 2x Mihawk using Korialstrasz one since he has his skill maxed. I'll put there some Int slashers and maybe Aldiva and call it a day. Unless I have some awesome luck in the next Sugofest.

I'm willing to drop a few gems in order to get him. But it saddens me that we may not see him drop again in months since we haven't seen any damn raid boss appear twice...

cw_sasuke

Oh okay....well guess if you are used to it its maybe not that big of a deal. But Garp has more HP and starts spamming his special after 5 attacks...while Mihawk/Chopper only started when they were on low HP i think.

Knowing Sony their conference will actually start when you've already finished your turtle time lol.

I think I'll go 2x Mihawk using Korialstrasz one since he has his skill maxed. I'll put there some Int slashers and maybe Aldiva and call it a day. Unless I have some awesome luck in the next Sugofest.

I'm willing to drop a few gems in order to get him. But it saddens me that we may not see him drop again in months since we haven't seen any damn raid boss appear twice...

Hehe yeah thats what im expecting as well...its Sony after all xD

Well if Korial has Mihawk up during the raid i could probably farm/use him as well - but i think he will be using Nami Burst team to clear the stage faster.

Well if Mihawk shows up before Garp i could still try to max my own...but its not likely.

Can you Vivi garp without gems?

Yeah you can beat him even with crabs if you know how to handle the mob stages https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LEuvm5V0Yk

Zoro will need either Alvida, Smoker or a food provider for the 4th turn (18k damage).

The turtle in 4/5 has 29HP, laboon teams might want to have that much combo to kill it in 1 turn if both of them appear at 1 cd.

Well my Alvida's level 45 (no skill up though) I assume I can easily crank her up to 50-60 during the turtle event to make her ready for combat though.

Chopper and Mihawk did it for the last 20% HP, Garp starts spamming his special after the 6th turn so you'll see that thing 100+ times.

Well if Korial has Mihawk up during the raid i could probably farm/use him as well - but i think he will be using Nami Burst team to clear the stage faster.

I'll be farming him all day so I'll use different teams (Nami, g3, Mihawk). If you want me to switch to Mihawk then just PM me (or look for me on reddit's chat).

cw_sasuke

I'll be farming him all day so I'll use different teams (Nami, g3, Mihawk). If you want me to switch to Mihawk then just PM me (or look for me on reddit's chat).

Ok that sounds goof if you will have him up from time to time. I was planning on going all out on Garp this time - i should have done the same on Mihawk were i hesitated first and only farmed him the last 2 hours with spending orbs.

Still have 2 weeks left....maybe i will pull once more for Robin...otherwise max skill Mihawk is my best shot..or hoping for a bit orb luck on my Vista team.

Ok that sounds goof if you will have him up from time to time. I was planning on going all out on Garp this time - i should have done the same on Mihawk were i hesitated first and only farmed him the last 2 hours with spending orbs.

Still have 2 weeks left....maybe i will pull once more for Robin...otherwise max skill Mihawk is my best shot..or hoping for a bit orb luck on my Vista team.

If I'm not mistaken you have a maxed Merry and a Vista in the 80s:

Use smoker for the first 3 turns, Alvida for the 4th and tank the 5th hit (then he starts spamming 10k cannon balls). If you can survive for that long and you don't get too many yellow orbs you should be fine.

If you try building that team how much total HP do you have? Oh and you'll need Smoker's SLv to be at least 6 (17 turns).

Top Bottom