• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

chrono01

In somewhat related news, I started unboxing and putting up my extensive One Piece figure collection on display at home. I forgot how much I have spent on One Piece.
This is the danger of collecting One Piece figures, one I know all too well. So many interesting characters. >_<

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
oops

RlJKAz2.png

Ferga

I just lost 30 stamina because the game refused to give me food orbs after an encounter with tashigi in the 3rd round.

All I needed was two orbs to survive the preemptive strike from smoker and kill him in 2 turns but nope. God, I hate RnG.

That should be fine, I have a similar line up and kill smoker in 2 turns.

Just use meppo special to reduce G3 lock to 1 turn.

go Usopp->Meppo->Morg->G3 while saving Arlong's orb

Next turn:
G3 unlocks and then you can just burst smoker down in 1 or 2 turns with Arlong's orb

chrono01

I just lost 30 stamina because the game refused to give me food orbs after an encounter with tashigi in the 3rd round.

All I needed was two orbs to survive the preemptive strike from smoker and kill him in 2 turns but nope. God, I hate RnG.
I know that feeling. :/

Ferga

I'm doing a Garp run with a Lion Song zombie team on the JP version.

Holy shit. Having to watch the cannonball animation every turn is time consuming.

With Garp confirmed, do you guys think this is a good enough team?

I'll bring Buggy and Broggy up to 70 before it too.

It will take a gem or two.

So 4 turns with a maxed Merry, 6 with a x1.2 one (8 with the dinghy you're using there :p ). That's a worst case scenario so it can take one less turn if you get more orbs in the coby turns.

Damage is not the only issue with the team, the HP is pretty low too. In its current state your team can only take Helmeppo's pre-emptive, 2 hits from Garp (so you get to attack him 3 times) and ONE hit from the turtle. Basically you can't stall for long on the turtle stage (unless you get meat orbs) so Robin and Broggy's specials may or may not be ready depending on how many skill ups you got on them.

2x Nami teams without a Vista sub really need that x1.5 Merry and nearly maxed units.

Edit: Do you have a Gear 3? He might help.

Edit: korialstrasz I really need to add you if I haven't, your input is awesome.

Thanks. You added me this week, I'm "Korial Mads".

linkent

I'm not sure I'll be ready for Garp this time. I have a few INT units I can use [Towel Nami, Basil Hawkins, etc.] but they don't have any real synergy. If I could manage Nico Robin it would be a different matter entirely...
We all know why they put this INT rate up back just before Garp :D
Best scenario, Rayleigh Sugo before Garp and during this INT Rate up.
or at lease WB sugo during this event and before Garp.

Wazzy

Banned
It will take a gem or two.

So 4 turns with a maxed Merry, 6 with a x1.2 one (8 with the dinghy you're using there :p ). That's a worst case scenario so it can take one less turn if you get more orbs in the coby turns.

Damage is not the only issue with the team, the HP is pretty low too. In its current state your team can only take Helmeppo's pre-emptive, 2 hits from Garp (so you get to attack him 3 times) and ONE hit from the turtle. Basically you can't stall for long on the turtle stage (unless you get meat orbs) so Robin and Broggy's specials may or may not be ready depending on how many skill ups you got on them.

2x Nami teams without a Vista sub really need that x1.5 Merry and nearly maxed units.

Edit: Do you have a Gear 3? He might help.

Thanks. You added me this week, I'm "Korial Mads".
Hmm that's not good to hear. I saw a guy beat it with this team no problem but maybe all characters and Merry were maxed.

I do have Gear 3! I have most big characters except Vista.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh Garp is coming? Thought we might get Mihawk before but it doesn't look like it..

Without Robin my Vista team will need orb luck to be a leader to take him down in 6 rounds. Sucks.

Could pro probably clear it with Max skilled Mihawk friends... But I think Korial is my only max skilled friend and he will likely use his INT Garp Destroyer Squad xD

Well let's see what I can come up with in those 2 weeks.

Oh Garp is coming? Thought we might get Mihawk before but it doesn't look like it..

Without Robin my Vista team will need orb luck to be a leader to take him down in 6 rounds. Sucks.

Could pro probably clear it with Max skilled Mihawk friends... But I think Korial is my only max skilled friend and he will likely use his INT Garp Destroyer Squad xD

Well let's see what I can come up with in those 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, my Mihawk is only +3 I believe.

Edit: I lied, he is +2

Hmm that's not good to hear. I saw a guy beat it with this team no problem but maybe all characters and Merry were maxed.

I do have Gear 3! I have most big characters except Vista.

That was probably Spaceman's channel. He does indeed have maxed units and ships.

Another option is G3 captain, Robin, Nami, Coby, Hina with a Nami friend (maxed if possible). With a maxed Merry and orbs on Robin and one of the Namis, you can 3HKO Garp; 5HKO with a x1.2 one. All in all you'll need to farm for 3 INT or PSY orbs in the turtle stage, 1 for the friend Nami to kill coby in 4/5 and two for Garp.

With a max Merry and a max Robin you can 2HKO him even! Either way, I suggest you focus on Robin instead of anyone else. She's the heavy/last hitter of the team and she needs less exp than Nami so she's easier to level.

Wazzy

Banned
That was probably Spaceman's channel. He does indeed have maxed units and ships.

Another option is G3 captain, Robin, Nami, Coby, Hina with a Nami friend (maxed if possible). With a maxed Merry and orbs on Robin and one of the Namis, you can 3HKO Garp; 5HKO with a x1.2 one. All in all you'll need to farm for 3 INT or PSY orbs in the turtle stage, 1 for the friend Nami to kill coby in 4/5 and two for Garp.

With a max Merry and a max Robin you can 2HKO him even! Either way, I suggest you focus on Robin instead of anyone else. She's the heavy/last hitter of the team and she needs less exp than Nami so she's easier to level.
I definitely could do that setup since my G3 is 96 but I'm curious why Hina?

Also specials for Robin and Nami should be level 3 or 4 and Coby is 5 I believe.

Is there a needed Robin special level?

This is the worst case scenario aka when you get the stage 1 mobs at 1 cd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnfhL_DneOc

So you can stall for 17 turns if you know what you're doing.

I definitely could do that setup since my G3 is 96 but I'm curious why Hina?

Hina will lock the orbs for another turn which is perfect since Coby boosts orbs for 2 turns.

Oh and G3's level doesn't matter much (except for HP, should help you stall properly). Your attack order should be Hina -> Coby -> G3 -> Nami -> Friend Nami -> Robin so only the INT units will do any significant damage.

Jayhawk

level 79 captain Happiness Punch Nami
level 71 Flower Vista
level 82 Nico Robin
level 99 friend captain Gear Third Luffy
level 74 Petty Officer Coby
level 60 Black Cage Hina

one level below capped Going Merry...

I hope I won't have too much trouble with this team against Garp.

New events announced at a weird time:

• Manuals from FP recruit, including G3 and Dial Usopp (will be in the next fortnight anyway ...)
  • Turtle Time for a week, not purple!
  • 2x drop in Drum Island
  • 2x Skill Up: 22nd-29th (might be the Garp week, OMG +___+ )

Dandte

• Manuals from FP recruit, including G3 and Dial Usopp (will be in the next fortnight anyway ...)
  • Turtle Time for a week, not purple!
  • 2x drop in Drum Island
  • 2x Skill Up: 22nd-29th (might be the Garp week, OMG +___+ ) fuck, i should have saved my robin books
why bamco, the last time a raid Boss was announced He entered a week after, but i need at last 2 more purple turtle times, also next friday would be the heavensward Early Access, i don't have time to Farm him using vivi.

Wazzy

Banned
This is the worst case scenario aka when you get the stage 1 mobs at 1 cd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnfhL_DneOc

So you can stall for 17 turns if you know what you're doing.

Hina will lock the orbs for another turn which is perfect since Coby boosts orbs for 2 turns.

Oh and G3's level doesn't matter much (except for HP, should help you stall properly). Your attack order should be Hina -> Coby -> G3 -> Nami -> Friend Nami -> Robin so only the INT units will do any significant damage.

Hina locks slots(orbs, whichever it is called for one turn)

Edit: too late.
Ahh okay thanks!

I'll see what I can do with these teams but if worst comes to worst I'll gem the couple times and farm Garp the next time he comes back.

why bamco, the last time a raid Boss was announced He entered a week after, but i need at last 2 more purple turtle times, also next friday would be the heavensward Early Access, i don't have time to Farm him using vivi.

They said Late June, you know that next week isn't late enough for Bandai. :p

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
That turtle time special event is literally right during E3. Looks like I might be missing my third straight turtle time -_-

The way the announcement is phrased is confusing as hell, too:

"For three whole 24-hour periods, you'll have one CERTAIN chance to catch red, green, and blue turtles!"

...like, what the heck does that mean? It almost makes it sound like a day-long turtle time, but that would be nuts. Probably more likely we'll get 3 turtle times total, on 3 "random" days, in that 6 day stretch?

Edit: Also pretty rad we're getting a FP skill book event. 5K EXP for trash books is really great. And it's doubly nice a skill-up event is right after.

Kumo

Damn, I should've gemmed more during the Cobimeppo event for more Robin books. D:

No int team ready for garp, sooo zombie team?

RalchAC

Man, getting Garp before they bring Mihawk again sounds terrible. I wonder why Raid Bosses don't come back in Global when they do in Japan.

Now I don't know what team I can use there. My Mihawk team wouldn't be able to clear it.

Dandte

Wow smoker expert is super easy using the right Team.

Korials Mihawk / lvl 55 Mihawk
Max god usopp / lvl 43 Arlong
Lvl 51 morgan / lvl 58 meppo

Also this loot. I mainly want Lion and Mr 3 books. Since i already have 2 smoker and tashgi i only need them for skill ups.

Man, getting Garp before they bring Mihawk again sounds terrible. I wonder why Raid Bosses don't come back in Global when they do in Japan.

Now I don't know what team I can use there. My Mihawk team wouldn't be able to clear it.

Mihawk can still drop any day now. Old raid bosses don't get announcements.

cw_sasuke

This way is probably more balanced so they did a wise thing.

Yeah selfish reasons aside it makes sense to bring Mihawk back after we get 2 new Raid bosses...otherwise it wouldnt feel "special" anymore if he shows up like every other week.

Also this means that people will have to drop some stones on the INT gacha instead of farming MIhawk who can also clear the stage....so win/win for Bamco :)

cw_sasuke

Link is not working. But I understand now. I thought it was something extra but it's like the winterize your crew event, correct? Just gives a name to everything? Sorry for the bad grammar I'm using my phone.

Yeah its just a made up name for the event....Korial posted specifics a couple post above yours.

Manuals from FP recruit, including G3 and Dial Usopp (will be in the next fortnight anyway ...)
Turtle Time for a week, not purple!
2x drop in Drum Island
2x Skill Up: 22nd-29th (might be the Garp week, OMG +___+ )

cw_sasuke

That moment when you forget to use Chopper on Smoker expert and lose 30 stamina just like that.... It hurts.

Verelios

I finally evolved Vivi! But then I see Smoker...is 5 star smoker useful if anyone has him? Just noticed he can evolve today.

I'm worried about Garp...worst case scenario I'll use up 5 gems and it'll be like a rare recruit.

Then I used all 50 fp pulls today...just announced manuals are coming to fp. My luck is weird.

cw_sasuke

Then I used all 50 fp pulls today...just announced manuals are coming to fp. My luck is weird.
They screwed us all over with that move... We all dropped them for Turtles and now they are offering skill books lol.

RalchAC

Ohh yes, I've been wanting red turtles for ages.

The wording makes it sound like the multiple colours turtle times are here to stay. It says something along the lines: guerrilla Turtles aren't just on Monday anymore!

I'd love if they finally did it TBH. In busy periods like exams you can't just adapt your schedule to not miss them. I think it's been 2 or 3 weeks since the last time I did a turtle time.

Top Bottom