• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Majukun

yeah..probably i would not be able to farm garp...i still have to evolve vista (i'll try getting as much purple turtle as possible in this turtle time)..but after that,i don't rally know what kind of team to put together...

what are the suggested teams for garp with a double vista or a double g3 luffy?

ah_hia

I have accepted the fact that I probably will have to use some gems for Garp. Will probably add all high level purple characters plus helmeppo.

linkent

user not found :/ send you a message :)

edit: tappppiiiiiing

edit2: friendpoints..yay...4 fodder..meh

for these last few weeks, the last 15 barrels.
1 gold chest gave me keys.
1 silver chest gave me keys.
5 brown chest gave me keys.
the rest are mixed of colas,beli,fp, and 1 elder turtle.

So i believe that, every 2/5 chests will always be keys regardless of the color of the chest.
Gold chest may have higher chance of getting keys but i dont think you will get 5/5 keys with their RNG system.

Qmzn

Neo Member
What I'm wondering is double Vista or Double Nami for the orbs. Either way both will be in my party.

If you go double Nami, I'd recommend bringing Hina, if you have her, to secure the two-round burst kill. This means carefully holding PSY/INT orbs wherever you can before Garp (especially on Vista), which is a bit trickier than relying on two-unit meat orb conversion. Your Robin/Hina/Coby skill cooldowns should be medium-low (guides say 14 or less), because there's not a lot of room for stalling with such low HP. So it'd be Nami/Nami/Vista/Robin/Hina/Coby, and dropping combo would probably mean failure. All or nothing, quite risky.

Double Vista is somewhat safer, providing additional rounds to make up for bad orbs. Having an HP total over 42,000 or so is important to tank Garp long enough to kill him, so every time you sub a non-INT character in a Vista team, your other INT characters should have higher levels to make up for the HP drop. If you bring Coby, for example, keep in mind that you're giving up HP for that initial damage burst, and that dropping the combo on the first round could ruin the run. Subbing Coby for a high HP INT unit such as Krieg or Helmeppo v2 could end up providing similar damage, just spread over a few extra rounds.

In the same vein, even INT units like Towel Nami don't bring a lot of extra HP to a Vista team, though her orb manipulation skills make up for it a bit. This is why units like Broggy are ideal: Big HP + orb manipulation = breathing room for when things go wrong. That said, Vista/Vista/Robin/Nami/Buggy/Coby would probably work out okay, especially if both Vista's were at high level, like 90+.

Again, both of these INT teams only work reliably with a maxed Merry, especially the double-Nami burst. Level 70s are okay, 80s would be much better. In both teams, Vista will be both the heavy hitter and the HP tank, so he should probably receive the greatest share of any available XP.

So I don't think I'll ever get Broggy; can I still use Chopper?

If you mean for Garp, yeah, the difference between BP Chopper and Broggy's HP/Attack doesn't seem to make a difference when calculating a successful Vista run. To be honest, I didn't really understand the big push to get Broggy. It seemed pretty clear Drum was landing before Garp, and evolving Chopper to BP is far easier than farming Gaimons to bring Broggy's special to a reasonable 14 or so.

what are the suggested teams for garp with a double vista or a double g3 luffy?

The standard double Vista going around is Vista/Vista/Robin/Broggy/Buggy, with another beefy INT unit like Krieg thrown in for HP and damage, plus max Going Merry. The problem with double G3 is that, on the stage before Vista, everything but your Captains gets locked, and Coby will hit you hard. In order to have enough HP to survive, pretty much all of your team must be at or very near MAX level. Max Merry is ideal, but not required. Base is G3/G3/Robin/Coby, plus two other big INT hitters, such as Vista, Krieg, or Towel Nami.

Wazzy

Banned
The standard double Vista going around is Vista/Vista/Robin/Broggy/Buggy, with another beefy INT unit like Krieg thrown in for HP and damage, plus max Going Merry. The problem with double G3 is that, on the stage before Vista, everything but your Captains gets locked, and Coby will hit you hard. In order to have enough HP to survive, pretty much all of your team must be at or very near MAX level. Max Merry is ideal, but not required. Base is G3/G3/Robin/Coby, plus two other big INT hitters, such as Vista, Krieg, or Towel Nami.
Thanks for the info!

I'll need to see where my Vista ends up. He's maxed at the moment so I can evolve him and I'm hoarding elders and teens so I can pile them on Thursday once I get a purple dragon which hopefully drops fast since Garp will release that day. Also if I get any keys I can give him some pigs too and he should be able to hit 70-80's.

KumaJG

Hopefully I will have Max Merry this week. Need one more level and got 27 Colas to spend... RNG Gods please be on my side this Thursday :(

Is it actually worthwhile to level Kuro?

I've had an unevolved Kuro in my box that I've not paid attention to due to level 70 being sorta ridiculous for such an average unit, but the game's never been particularly ... giving with good speed units so..

Is it actually worthwhile to level Kuro?

I've had an unevolved Kuro in my box that I've not paid attention to due to level 70 being sorta ridiculous for such an average unit, but the game's never been particularly ... giving with good speed units so..

He's just kind of meh, all around. He has pretty decent stats, but that's pretty much it. He makes a decent Slasher team member, but we should be getting the Rob Lucci event fairly soon, who will completely trump Kuro.

Unless you just really need more members for a QCK team, I would just pass honestly. There was a decent argument for leveling him back when the game first started, but that kind of dries up as time goes on.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Why is Lucci a slasher and not a striker or fighter, anyways? The only slashing move he has is tempest kick, but it's not his bread and butter.

RalchAC

Why is Lucci a slasher and not a striker or fighter, anyways? The only slashing move he has is tempest kick, but it's not his bread and butter.

When you first see him working he fights with a giant saw iirc. If a "CP9" version launches he would probably be a fighter though.

Maybe that's JP next raid boss. Lucci as A DEX brawler with a brawler boosting captain effect in order to give some relevance to those teams.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
He was at level 70, I got 9 Elders and like 30ish Teen Turtles. If I have similar luck tonight, I can totally get him there. However once he was at level 79 or so, every 5 teen turtles got me 1.1-1.2 levels and costs a ton of beli.

Wazzy

Banned
He was at level 70, I got 9 Elders and like 30ish Teen Turtles. If I have similar luck tonight, I can totally get him there. However once he was at level 79 or so, every 5 teen turtles got me 1.1-1.2 levels and costs a ton of beli.
Ah okay thanks!

I'll maybe be able to hit 70ish for him which I guess will have to do for Garp. I wish we had till next week but oh well.

StMeph

If only the last stage dropped an Elder...

QgUyFOD.png

Don't worry though, the subsequent runs were about as bad as can be. All teens + 1 adult.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Decisions decisions...

mihawk_garph1anm.jpg

This would have been easier with Robin, but nvm. If a max skill Mihawk is up you can hit for nearly 400k with only one matching orb on Vista.

vista_garp60ak2.jpg

Vista team is okay as well - could survive for around 7 turns against Garp and can take him down with a bit orb luck.

Majukun

Decisions decisions...

mihawk_garph1anm.jpg

This would have been easier with Robin, but nvm. If a max skill Mihawk is up you can hit for nearly 400k with only one matching orb on Vista.

vista_garp60ak2.jpg

Vista team is okay as well - could survive for around 7 turns against Garp and can take him down with a bit orb luck.

wait,what site is this?

also..any substitute fro brogy?didn't get it -_-

RedBoot

Glad Garp is coming late Thursday. That gives me a chance to get a dragon to evolve Robin.

I'm kind of torn on how much to farm him though. If I had 80 stamina, it'd be much easier, but I'm at 70 or so, so even doing a refill "wastes" a bunch of stamina. At least I'll have 80 by the time he comes back. Might just get as many as I can through normal stamina for now.

When you first see him working he fights with a giant saw iirc. If a "CP9" version launches he would probably be a fighter though.

Maybe that's JP next raid boss. Lucci as A DEX brawler with a brawler boosting captain effect in order to give some relevance to those teams.

The Lucci available now doesn't use his devil fruit power (same goes for Kaku and Califa) so I'd expect extra versions of all of them later on. Those might just come with the Enies Lobby island though.

Glad Garp is coming late Thursday. That gives me a chance to get a dragon to evolve Robin.

I'm kind of torn on how much to farm him though. If I had 80 stamina, it'd be much easier, but I'm at 70 or so, so even doing a refill "wastes" a bunch of stamina. At least I'll have 80 by the time he comes back. Might just get as many as I can through normal stamina for now.

Yeah, you're in the same boat as a lot of us were when Mihawk came around. Totally up to you, but I would just stick to your guns and farm him with your normal stamina for now. It's just too big of a waste without having the 80 stamina.

cw_sasuke

With Mihawk you still had the 30 stamina stage - so even with around 70 stamina it was okay since the drop rate there was also quite all things considered. But i wouldnt farm or stone for Garp with less than 80 stamina.

RedBoot

Yeah, I'll just get what I can. Should be able to get 4-5 at least, if I'm lucky that'll make for one or two skill levels.

Can't wait until we start seeing the older fortnight islands and raid bosses again. Mihawk will be much easier to farm this time around, and I want to clear Expert Kuro about a billion times for Golden Hammer skillbooks (which will inevitably only result in like one skill level-up).

Wazzy

Banned
I'm for sure doing Double Vista captains now. I don't know if I can get Kreig high enough before Garp but I do have Helmeppo higher than Buggy so I could switch Buggy out for him.

Dandte

Holy crap, am I seeing this right? Does Garp's special start at 25 and go down to 13? Sheesh, doubt I'll be maxing that out this time if so.

This question is...is a maxed garp worth the gems and time? He isn't essential in every psy team because of his captain skill, the food/orb + bon clay combo is the real deal breaker. I obviously don't have Mr 2...but will farm him later but no books..A maxed Garp is essential when there aren't a lot of stalling options.

KumaJG

Towel Nami - 84
Broggy- Max
Buggy - Max
Nico - 86
Coby- 60

All I need is Max to farm Garp no problem.. Please RNG god be on my side Thursday...Someone give me your good luck :(

This question is...is a maxed garp worth the gems and time? He isn't essential in every psy team because of his captain skill, the food/orb + bon clay combo is the real deal breaker. I obviously don't have Mr 2...but will farm him later but no books..A maxed Garp is essential when there aren't a lot of stalling options.

Sorry, I worded that kind of awkwardly. What I meant was that I probably wouldn't be able to farm enough Garp's to actually max out his special once he releases. I'm still going to try my best to do so though, especially since I already have a Mr. 2.

cw_sasuke

Well...everyone wants to farm Garp, but not many have the right setup for it at this point heh. Unless you have Robin or access to a max skill MIhawk you are out of luck.

It will be easier once he comes back an more people were able to skill up their MIhawk or have access to Rayleigh.
Holy crap, am I seeing this right? Does Garp's special start at 25 and go down to 13? Sheesh, doubt I'll be maxing that out this time if so.

Yup, they want your stones xD

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Finally getting a solid INT team going, but it's too little, too late to be ready in time for Garp farming. Vivi/Laboon it is, and hopefully farming Garp next time he comes around.

My INT team:

LVL 29 Vista
LVL 45 Brogy
LVL 25 Buggy
LVL 27 Helmeppo
LVL 35 Mr. 3

With one more week of gemmed Turtle Times I probably could have gotten them whipped into shape.

chrono01

GARP IS DURING THE SKILL UP EVENT! YAY. 25th June 7pm
I wish I had a better INT team [damn you, Robin!]. I might just run a Laboon/Vivi team for a single Garp and then leave it at that.

I could try a G3/Towel Nami team with INT members, but I've read that doing so you need to use a few Gems, and I'd rather not do that if I could. I'm okay with spending an hour with Laboon/Vivi, I'll just listen to music or something while I do it.

Hopefully by the time he returns I'll be better prepared...

chrono01

So I think I settled on my Garp team.

Captain - Laboon

Mihawk
Green Lobster
Red Lobster
Blue Lobster

Friend - Vivi [at least Level 72]

Total HP - 3983

[Just under 4000HP, good thing I didn't level my Mihawk more than I did]

My question is, does anyone here own a Level 72 Vivi? You don't need to keep her up all day if you're not using her, but if anyone could put one up just for a few minutes [when Garp arrives] so that I could make use of her, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll have my Laboon [Level 10] up if anyone needs too.

Majukun

Captain - Laboon

Mihawk
Green Lobster
Red Lobster
Blue Lobster

Total HP - 3983

My question is, does anyone here own a Level 72 Vivi? You don't need to keep her up all day if you're not using her, but if anyone could put one up just for a few minutes [when Garp arrives] so that I could make use of her, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll have my Laboon [Level 10] up if anyone needs too.

i have a lv 73 one on my secondary account "giveaway"
and i will probably run a vivi laboon team for garp too in that one..have nothing better

Hana-Bi

Towel Nami - 84
Broggy- Max
Buggy - Max
Nico - 86
Coby- 60

All I need is Max to farm Garp no problem.. Please RNG god be on my side Thursday...Someone give me your good luck :(

I'm also at level 9. But I wasted my last cola this weekend. More than 20 Usopps at level 9. I think I won't be able to reach max level. :I

I'm glad I was able to get this out of the way:

Being able to evolve him now is the difference between paying 9000+ beri per Smoker I feed him tomorrow versus the 100 beri it costs per Smoker for his low level evolved form. And since I have 19 of them, that's a bit of change.

Now with my last turtle time I should be able to get my evolved Mr. 3 that I got in the sugofest from level 61 to 70(max). I'll probably use him over my max Buggy for the Garp event on my Mihawk team.

Speaking of which, is there anyone else on here besides Korial with a skill maxed Mihawk?

Qmzn

Neo Member
You know, a month ago, I would have been saving all my gems for Sugofest. Now, seeing how much Mihawk unlocks in the game, I'm going to keep 30 gems in the bank for when he comes around again.

Rayleigh's cool and all, but the chances are pulling him are crazy low. Mihawk clears way more content than he does, with teams that are fairly easy to put together. I just hope I can have a farming team by his next appearance, though there is this 2X Mihawk + Gaimon stall tactic that looks promising.

Captain - Laboon

Mihawk
Green Lobster
Red Lobster
Blue Lobster

Total HP - 3983

I will be using my Lvl 74 Vivi for Garp.

Top Bottom