• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Dawg

Friend leader: Luffy 3rd gear -> 3.5 ATK after 3 perfects -> only 3 attacks can get 3.5x

Friend leader Vista -> 2X INT ATK/HP -> every INT unit x2

So...

I have 5 INT members, with 1 PSY (Usupp with the delay special)

I've heard Luffy is one of the best captains, but I get the feeling for my team, it's better to take Vista friends? The extra HP really helps and I can't always do perfects.

If all my units have 4 attack (silly example), that will be 8 + 8 + 8 + 14 + 14 + 14 = 66 with Luffy and my own Vista.

But with Vista as a friend AND my own vista it will be 16 + 16 + 16 + 16 + 16 + 16= 96 (if I replace Usupp for another INT)

the 16 is only correct if Vista 1 makes the 4 -> 8 and Vista 2 makes the 8 -> 16 tho.

pLow7

Quick Question

A8fIXAJ.jpg
What is my best option for Garp ? I will be able to evolve Vista thx to Turtle Time on monday and get him to a considerable Lvl for Garp, but is it better to have him as a sub and use Nami + Vista friend as captains ?

I'm not sure what my best Choice is, don't even know if i need to use Coby and if i have to Farm Broggy. If i can avoid that, yeah that would be nice.

Or should i go with a G3 Team ?

Quick Question

What is my best option for Garp ? I will be able to evolve Vista thx to Turtle Time on monday and get him to a considerable Lvl for Garp, but is it better to have him as a sub and use Nami + Vista friend as captains ?

I'm not sure what my best Choice is, don't even know if i need to use Coby and if i have to Farm Broggy. If i can avoid that, yeah that would be nice.

Or should i go with a G3 Team ?
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to go with dual namis over Vistas according to the 'pro strats,' though to be honest dual vistas always sounded better to me so I'm not sure on the math.You can also always use the training island to see what your damage output would be if you used your Gear Third team, then see if it does enough to let you beat garp without gemming.

In other news, to remind people- I am the guy that spent 110 gems during Sugofest and got each unit up to 4 times in a row (I'd say 80% of my pulls were the base Zoro and base Sanji). Probably the worst luck anyone has ever had there unless someone got all base cobys, hah.

But I just spent $20 and did random gems... and got Robin (and Urogue). So I am happy now. ^.^

Wazzy

Banned
So with all the proper INT units for Garp, how should my team work? SHould Vista be the captain or Towel Nami? I should have Vista evolved and at a decent level before Garp comes unless he's next week. I need a purple dragon and that's it.

IN 5PULLS? HOLY SHIT! You're too lucky... Congrats!

Pulls

BLamenco dupe
Gin dupe
Nami that can Block an int attack... Dupe

I wasted 30 garp runs for this shit and I just fed 11 Smokers to smoker because my Box is bursting and I need space for turtle time.
1 fucking skill up. Btw Do Mr 3 books even drop in expert? I'm only getting zeff Red zeff guy and ms goldenweeks books... Fml fuck this game and congrats to Wazzy and Co for such amszing pulls, you're are the guys bards sing their Song about, while I'm the guy who attempts to kill the dragon but is falling of the cliff and is getting eaten by a sheep.
Thanks guys!

And yeah, 5 pulls in a row. I'm still in disbelief. Usually I get like, 4 bad pulls before a good one.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I've heard Luffy is one of the best captains, but I get the feeling for my team, it's better to take Vista friends? The extra HP really helps and I can't always do perfects.

Players tend to start with G3 Luffy because he allows low-level teams to play as a paper tiger and clear Expert content early, for maximum Pirate Level and XP gain. Once one has decent INT units, I think Vista's just as reliable for most game content, and as you've mentioned, far less stressful.

Luffy does open the door to farming Mihawk, though, and MAX Special Mihawk is a skeleton key that opens the door to 90% of the game's content. And that's not just with 2X Mihawk captain either--there's quite a few teams that rely on a single Mihawk to shave off 30%, such as 2X Monster Chopper versus Doflamingo.

There's just lots to like about Vista, specifically, over other 2X HP/ATK leads. INT has strong units with big HP to back him up (plus Nico Robin's 2X burst), he works great both as a captain and as a Slasher unit in a Mihawk team, he gets maximum benefit from the only turtle time we have right now, and when you get Mihawk, you'll be able to keep things fresh by switching between INT and Slasher teams when clearing fortnight events.

So with all the proper INT units for Garp, how should my team work?

You'll need a maxed Going Merry and another high-level Vista friend. Level 90+ Vista plus 70+ backup units keeps things safe. You'll want to try and farm INT orbs in the round before Garp for Broggy/BP Chopper, and the two characters their special doesn't affect (usually Friend Captain and Buggy). When you get to Garp, generate meat, pop Buggy, then Robin, and try to hit as many perfects as possible.

Dawg

My current team is this:

CH_ICWXUsAAM5gx.jpg:large

I'm at Little Garden. I've noticed some fights are getting hard. What should be my next goal besides leveling up what I already have? Any units I should swap? And should I focus on doing extra island battles for xp?

Note: I also have Nico Robin but can't use her yet because of the cost limit.

My current team is this:

*snip*

I'm at Little Garden. I've noticed some fights are getting hard. What should be my next goal besides leveling up what I already have? Any units I should swap? And should I focus on doing extra island battles for xp?

Note: I also have Nico Robin but can't use her yet because of the cost limit.

Yeah, I would probably suggest doing some of the Extra Islands if you can handle them. The EXP will be pretty helpful, since you're going to want to get your team cost up higher. Maybe advance the rest of the story when it's a 1/2 exp day?

Also, I just had a thought: Would it be possible to farm Mihawk with Monster Chopper?

Wazzy

Banned
You'll need a maxed Going Merry and another high-level Vista friend. Level 90+ Vista plus 70+ backup units keeps things safe. You'll want to try and farm INT orbs in the round before Garp for Broggy/BP Chopper, and the two characters their special doesn't affect (usually Friend Captain and Buggy). When you get to Garp, generate meat, pop Buggy, then Robin, and try to hit as many perfects as possible.
I was planning on this team(captains depend who would do the job better):
Towel Nami
Vista
Robin
Coby
Buggy or Gear 3

I have all except Vista above 70. I'm hoping to evolve and put all my turtles and pigs I get over the next two weeks into Vista so he can work efficiently against Garp.

What I'm wondering is double Vista or Double Nami for the orbs. Either way both will be in my party.

RalchAC

Ok, so after burning my gems in the Sugofest and being scared that they'll bring back Mihawk while I was in low supply, I have over 20 devil fruits again.

Now it's time to keep waiting for the World Best Swordsman Counterattack, I guess...

Dandte

My bet is 29th/30th June.
along with the box upgrade... Let me dream ;__;

Of course after the skill up event is over :)

No way i would farm garp if he appears after the skill up. Maybe 20-25 Garps. Btw i just realised that i still don't have a good team for mihawk Oo

Dawg

Ah, finally turtle time tomorrow. I've missed last week because I was busy. And the week before, too. It's been a while.

Wait... it starts at 17:00 for me?!

I HAVE A DOCTOR APPOINTMENT THAT STARTS AT 17:00 !!!

I swear to god, the Jeweled Porc Sanctuary is some sort of sick joke by Bandai to give you unevolved yellow pigs. I actually got rid of two unevolved ones some time ago just to free up space and then today this happens:

You'll see a stage with two purple pigs and one yellow and the yellow one will somehow always magically drop. Now I have six of the goddamn things. Never mind the fact that I've been sitting on 6 small green turtles and a bunch of green evo fodder that I can't actually use. Yellow pigs are the goddamn devil.

Wazzy

Banned
Any silver and golds want to BB?

I've got two tries left!
I swear to god, the Jeweled Porc Sanctuary is some sort of sick joke by Bandai to give you unevolved yellow pigs. I actually got rid of two unevolved ones some time ago just to free up space and then today this happens:

You'll see a stage with two purple pigs and one yellow and the yellow one will somehow always magically drop. Now I have six of the goddamn things. Never mind the fact that I've been sitting on 6 small green turtles and a bunch of green evo fodder that I can't actually use. Yellow pigs are the goddamn devil.
Aw man I wish I got all of those red pigs. I have a shit load of red turtles and no red pigs. So many blue ones. ; ;

makaveli13

Neo Member
I swear to god, the Jeweled Porc Sanctuary is some sort of sick joke by Bandai to give you unevolved yellow pigs.
Haha i have 7 unevolved yellow piggies. All of the other colours have pretty much guaranteed ways to get the small turtles for evolving through either the turtle times or 2x drop events. The small yellow turtles are a pain to farm.

Haha i have 7 unevolved yellow piggies. All of the other colours have pretty much guaranteed ways to get the small turtles for evolving through either the turtle times or 2x drop events. The small yellow turtles are a pain to farm.

You could TRY to farm yellow turtles but half the time you'll run into purple ones since there's no set stage for spawning one specific color, it's either or because the game needs to create new and creative ways for you to waste your stamina. I've pretty much come to terms that I'm never going to evolve them and just feed them a useless character skill book and feed them to someone for 7.5k XP.

DrAg0nBoY

Gooooood do I hate Tashigi on the Smoker Island ... And not just her, but the stupid auto next attack thing. How the hell can I mark which enemies do I want to attack and which not? Is that even possible?

Top Bottom