• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Xcution

I'm glad I was able to get this out of the way:

Being able to evolve him now is the difference between paying 9000+ beri per Smoker I feed him tomorrow versus the 100 beri it costs per Smoker for his low level evolved form. And since I have 19 of them, that's a bit of change.

Now with my last turtle time I should be able to get my evolved Mr. 3 that I got in the sugofest from level 61 to 70(max). I'll probably use him over my max Buggy for the Garp event on my Mihawk team.

Speaking of which, is there anyone else on here besides Korial with a skill maxed Mihawk?

Hey i got my Mihawk down to 22 turns if that helps any. Let me know and i can throw him up for ya.

You know, a month ago, I would have been saving all my gems for Sugofest. Now, seeing how much Mihawk unlocks in the game, I'm going to keep 30 gems in the bank for when he comes around again.

Rayleigh's cool and all, but the chances are pulling him are crazy low. Mihawk clears way more content than he does, with teams that are fairly easy to put together. I just hope I can have a farming team by his next appearance, though there is this 2X Mihawk + Gaimon stall tactic that looks promising.

Yeah, I kind of came to the same conclusion today. I was looking through the guides for the future bosses and he was pretty much a constant in almost all of the teams mentioned.

Mind filling us in on the 2x Mihawk + Gaimon thing? I'm probably missing something.

I always feel underleveled. All you people talking about maxed skills and maxed levels. The highest level anything I have is a 78 Gear Third. My route is more 'evolve everybody to their final form THEN level up the main team.' But I never get to the latter part before new units come around, hah. Most of my teams are in the 40s or 50s. I've been able to clear everything so far, but... yeah.

Finally!! I now have 80 empty slots in my box. I've been at 0 for like 2 weeks now. Was worth it though, I managed to max skill Robin, Helmeppo and Coby. Gonna love not having to sell fodder after very mission now

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I got there guys...

mDSW0pS.jpg

Terrible turtle time my second go. 6 elders and barely even 20 teen turtles, if that (on like 17 runs). However, when I fed 5 elder turtles in one go... SUPER SUCCESS. That took me from 89 to 95 in one shot. Holla!

Wazzy

Banned
I got there guys...

mDSW0pS.jpg

Terrible turtle time my second go. 6 elders and barely even 20 teen turtles, if that (on like 17 runs). However, when I fed 5 elder turtles in one go... SUPER SUCCESS. That took me from 89 to 95 in one shot. Holla!
Gratz! You're gonna rock Garp.

Xcution

Hey need some advice. I am trying to see if j can take on Garp with this G3 team

Luffy G3 max
Arlong max
Whitebeard max
Vista lvl 85 ish
Smoker max

I can also take out arlong or WB for maxed alvida

I also have a maxed Mihawk with 21 turn? I could do:

Mihawk max
Arlong max
Vista 85 ish
Alvida max
Smoker max

Any siggestions? Thanks

Hey need some advice. I am trying to see if j can take on Garp with this G3 team

Luffy G3 max
Arlong max
Whitebeard max
Vista lvl 85 ish
Smoker max

I can also take out arlong or WB for maxed alvida

I also have a maxed Mihawk with 21 turn? I could do:

Mihawk max
Arlong max
Vista 85 ish
Alvida max
Smoker max

Any siggestions? Thanks

If you DO NOT have maxed Merry: NO PURE INT TEAMS are possible, unless you've got a maxed Mihawk, but if you do, use it in double Mihawk.

If you have Merry 1.2x you can ONLY run, G3/V2 Nami w/ Robin, G3/G3 w/ Robin, WB/WB w/ Robin, Mihawk/Mihawk

G3/V2 Nami, WB/WB, Mihawk/Mihawk teams need to be over level 70's

Double G3 requires maxed characters, or high level 90's

If you do not match any of this conditions you can use Vivi teams: Vivi/Laboon or Vivi/LS,WS Zoro

Vivi/LS,WS Zoro teams need Alvida to tank 18K hit

If you do not match any of the requirements and are looking forward to gem double G3 teams, G3/V2 Nami, double V2 Nami & Vista teams are the best setups in order to gem less (once or twice depending on your level).

I don't know what other characters you have in your box but I'd say your best bet is Mihawk/Mihawk, asssuming you have another leveled INT slasher besides Vista, like Buggy or V2 Helmeppo. My team is basically the same as this guide.

ElChado

Neo Member
If you want to check extra details on the damage calculator such as if you don't land perfects or you don't know if certain bosses have any defense, there are ways to check.

To change from all perfects, click the colour type you want to check then CTRL+click the unit in the combo chain, IE "#5 (perfect / 2.2 chain) unit name" it will change to miss, click again to make it good, again to make it great and once more to go back to perfect.

To check defenses open up the settings and CTRL+click "Enemy Defense" to see a search box of raid bosses with different difficulties, turtles, and even units from the whitebeard 0 stamina island.

Also, first post. When this game came out i searched for communities for it, came across this one and sorta lurked for the longest time. People who added me 50 days ago or so I'm getting to adding you! My list has been constantly filled so i apologize!

qazqaNii

Thank god for the skill up event, managed to make up some space on my box.

Failed to max my Coby though, lvl 4 :s. Anyone know what lvl his special can be as most?

Ferga

I got 1 skills up from 12 smokers

but I was able to get 3 skill ups from the 5 monster choppers I stored up.

Wasn't able to get a skill up from the 4 Marco dupes I stored up

Still have 40 Robin and V2 Nami books clogging up the inventory though with no units to fuse them into

Hana-Bi

I don't know what other characters you have in your box but I'd say your best bet is Mihawk/Mihawk, asssuming you have another leveled INT slasher besides Vista, like Buggy or V2 Helmeppo. My team is basically the same as this guide.

Damn. I thought that a pure INT team is possible even without a maxed Merry...

I have all these purple turtles... but I wanna use them on my new Robin. She is maxed, but I can't evolve until I get me a rainbow penguin. Alas.

linkent

My int Team is nearly rdy for garp

Merry max
Nami max
MMarine guy max
Coby max
Robin lvl 2 16 turns....
Broggy lvl 1 18 turns... The skill ups were falling me but my Mr 3 is max after 5 boobs.

Second "save" Team if broggy won't get his up
Since your Nami is Max already, you should swap the bottom four left and right so you can use non-max friends Nami.
So
FNami - Nami
Purple dood - Broggy
Coby - Robin

Did another 2 pull wishing for Robin.
Got another 2 V2 Nami..
Pile of unusable nico robin books
:(

chrono01

30 Coby V2 skillbooks and only 4 skill-up. I have him to 13 turns, which isn't too bad, but after hoarding so many I was hoping to max-skill him. :/

Oh well, there's always next time.

RalchAC

30 Coby V2 skillbooks and only 4 skill-up. I have him to 13 turns, which isn't too bad, but after hoarding so many I was hoping to max-skill him. :/

Oh well, there's always next time.

I got around the same skill ups. It's at 13. Which is nice because I think Garp maxes at 13 turns as well

Did my 2nd Turtle Run.

Got 10 Elders, 9 Teens, rest shitty kiddie Turtles.

RalchAC

Oh nice, that'll sync with Garp nicely.

And 10 elders!? Nicely done!

In ten runs, it was awesome. Last night I had a terrible run but I couldn't believe what I was seeing today. This is my Helmeppo.

ZatDPsP.jpg

Was at 68 yesterday. Hopefully it'll be enough (him and max Buggy) for Garp.

chrono01

In ten runs, it was awesome. Last night I had a terrible run but I couldn't believe what I was seeing today. This is my Helmeppo.

ZatDPsP.jpg

Was at 68 yesterday. Hopefully it'll be enough (him and max Buggy) for Garp.
Nice, congrats! 68 --> 97 is some insane progress.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Since your Nami is Max already, you should swap the bottom four left and right so you can use non-max friends Nami.
So
FNami - Nami
Purple dood - Broggy
Coby - Robin

Got another 2 V2 Nami..

My Miss All Sunday is sitting in my box maxed right now (No rainbow crab) :(

Dandte

You need enough Marco friends though. :/

Shanks woks too...if you don't meet the elder twice. but i got enoguh marco friends for 8 runs and some shanks friends, after that back to titlescreen.

So
FNami - Nami
Purple dood - Broggy
Coby - Robin

Got another 2 V2 Nami..

Oh you sent me a message, sry :/ I'm mostly on mobile and saved the direct links to the threads i'm in. Glad you got keys from my filthy bronze :) Good idea, since i will be farming him i will run out of max namis at some point.

RalchAC

I use Mihawk team with the 200 fixed damage dude. 8 turns cooldown. If I don't meet a secret elder turtle I can clear it in less than 2 minutes. I could have done 12-13 runs but I didn't want to use 2 gems if I couldn't do another complete stamina bar

Dandte

I went through the calculator, looks like my nami nami team still requires orb luck Oo
(+=Orb)
Nami (+) Nami
Broggy Marine (+)
Robin (+) Coby

1 416 705 dmg

+

Nami Nami
Broggy Marine
Robin Coby

199 698

+

Nami Nami
Broggy Marine
Robin Coby

199 698

= 1 816 101 dmg in 3 turns.

Well let's hope for orb luck...or am i missing something?

Okay the results of my hoarding:

Level 6 skill Smoker.

Level 3 skill Nico Robin

Level 6 skill Coby.

Not too shabby, only one I didn't have much luck with is Robin; but I don't have the tools to make a team with her work right now anyway.

Kumo

Anyone know how much exp sea pony paradise gives? I want to know if I can squeeze in one run before I level up.

Edit: It's 306.

Cerity

First character I've actually max skilled lol. My team isn't going to be anywhere near ready for Garp - I don't even have enough team cost to field the suggested Mihawk team that is going around. So I figured I'll level this dude instead of running with Vista and throw devil fruits at Garp in some (probably vain) attempt at getting him.

Tidd

I went through the calculator, looks like my nami nami team still requires orb luck Oo
(+=Orb)
Nami (+) Nami
Broggy Marine (+)
Robin (+) Coby

1 416 705 dmg

+

Nami Nami
Broggy Marine
Robin Coby

199 698

+

Nami Nami
Broggy Marine
Robin Coby

199 698

= 1 816 101 dmg in 3 turns.

Well let's hope for orb luck...or am i missing something?

What did you do to get such low damage? o_O You shouldn't get any yellow orbs because of Namis special.

Qmzn

Neo Member
My special-up event results:

Sogeking: Special Lv. 1, used 2 manuals, Special Lv. 2.
Princess Vivi: Special Lv. 2, used 15 manuals, Special Lv. 4.
Mr.3: Special Lv. 1, used 15 manuals, Special Lv. 2. Ouch.
Smoker: Special Lv. 1, used 9 character drops, Special Lv 3. Not bad.
LS Zoro: Special Lv. 1, used 8 manuals, nothing gained. Meh.
Arm Point Chopper: Special Lv.1, used 12 manuals, 5 levels gained, Special MAX. Quite lucky, albeit somewhat pointless.
Petty Officer Coby: Special Lv. 3, used 14 manuals, 5 levels gained, Special MAX. Hot damn.

- plus some other minor failures. However, half-empty character box! Huzzah!

what is the best way to use skillbooks? I dont want to waste skillbooks.

The consensus on the internet is that the numbers of manuals you feed to a character at the same time doesn't affect the chance of gaining a special level. One at a time, five at a time, two at a time, it doesn't change the odds. XP gain can be a factor in the decision, though. If the manuals will significantly level up the character and you're trying to conserve Beli, five at a time makes sense. However, if you are one level away from Special MAX, five at a time becomes a waste, especially on a MAX level character.

I usually do two at a time, because I like the pace when using a bunch of manuals. A friend of mine does five at a time. We get very similar results.

Mind filling us in on the 2x Mihawk + Gaimon thing.

Not my idea, credit to someone on the OPTC subreddit who came up with it here. It involves stalling on the Green Pirate Penguin until Mihawk specials are ready. The numbers check out, but it hasn't been tested yet.

In short, the team is Mihawk/Mihawk/Arlong/Alvida/God Usopp, then a unit with very low attack for long stalling. Gaimon is best because even when leveled up, he has big HP, small attack, and provides meat. Next best choice is Johnny. 1.2x Going Merry is required, 1.5x provides a much larger safety net.

You stall as much as possible without taking hits until stage 3. Kill the green marine, leave the pirate penguin. Stall with Gaimon until Usopp and Alvida are ready, activate Usopp, stall some more, activate Alvida before the penguin attacks to reduce his damage, stall even more. When the Mihawks are 2 turns away from being ready, activate Gaimon, and eat as much meat as possible before killing the penguin.

Proceed normally, and the Mihawks should be ready at boss time. Use Mihawk, Arlong, and Usopp specials, finish attack chains with Arlong, and Mihawk should go down in 4 turns, on average. Alvida can provide an additional turn, if necessary.

If I crunched the numbers correctly, this strategy could even allow a player with Laboon or Vivi to get Mihawk from the 40 stamina stage, feed him some elder turtles to buff his HP, then add him to a team headed by a high-level Arlong and Friend Captain Mihawk. It would rely more on orb luck, but if a player is willing to risk it, it would be faster than using Vivi the whole time. Ideally, though, it'd be better to have the turtles/evolvers on hand to quickly evolve Mihawk, and get the 6.25 multiplier for Arlong.

sasari

So silly question, why does the info about the Garp event say those who beat him get a four star Luffy? Thought the reward was just Garp guaranteed?

Top Bottom