• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

pLow7

I think a unit with ~800 ATK and a matched orb can kill her if you're using a 6.25x ATK multiplier.

So a Slasher team with an evolved Kuro, a 2x Ace team, a Killer or G3 team should kill her.

If you don't have them, just use a Helmeppo v1 or other defense reducer and call it a day

My DJ Sanji has 680 ATK and i did about 13K damage on her with a matched orb, enough to onehit her after his special.

Double Ace of course.

Majukun

yeah,alvida is easy as long as you have a double ace team...
still you need a matching orb on a enough leveled up ace to kill her,but since she doesn't do that much damage and you can bring a god usopp with you,in 6 or so turns you are bound to get at least one matching orb..or at least i got it at the 5th turn

still..don't know if I'm gonna do that or tsuru...
i really don't care for tsuru's drops anymore,and i still can't farm it safely because sometimes my games freeze for a bit and i end up taking a lot of damage due to missing a turn (at least on my tablet)...and it would be good to level up the insanely useful alvida's skill..but i also didn't get any skillbook on my first run :(

decisions..decisions...

Ferga

I'm becoming more and more lazy.

I rather use my Mihawk+helmeppo to do alvida than my completely maxed out G3 team. Concentrating to get perfects is too much work.

RalchAC

I rather use my Mihawk+helmeppo to do alvida than my completely maxed out G3 team. Concentrating to get perfects is too much work.

You can use your Mihawk team will watching something or doing stuff. You can't while using a G3 one.

It's normal imo xD

Can a mihawk team actually break her defence?

I've been using gear 3rd but it requires so much concentration.. =_=

I ran an Usopp-less Mihawk team w/ Helm, and couldn't stall long enough to get his special up and ended up dying on her first turn. RIP my 30 STA, you will be missed. I even had a book and red turtle drop during the battle, too.

When I get 30 STA again, I'm going to try Vista FC + Towel Nami, Vista, MH5 Krieg, Helmeppo v2, GH Usopp. Stall 15 turns before hand, start off w/ 10k DMG from the Vistas, poison w/ MH5, delay w/ Usopp and then attack like normal. Would the poison be able to hit hard enough to kill her in 4 turns if I can't break through her defense? I don't know what the damage calculations for it are.

Edit: I don't think I can do this. I only have 1 Vista FC in my list now. Everyone switched over to G3. :/

Edit 2: I almost forgot to do my gold barrels. I finished minutes before the switch over (8am EDT) and received enough Cola to go say hi to Usopp. EXCEPT...
Wcd0P71.png
BAM! :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Alvida Stage is much easier than the post Hina 6k Expert exp stages we got - so im not surprised.

Killer hits hard in a QCK/Ace team - dont even need matching orbs to OHKO Alvida lol.

RalchAC

Alvida Stage is much easier than the post Hina 6k Expert exp stages we got - so im not surprised.

Killer hits hard in a QCK/Ace team - dont even need matching orbs to OHKO Alvida lol.

I think my Killer is like 25 or 30 levels under yours and it already suprasses Alvida's defence without a matching orb. It does like 6k damage though.

He is a beast. Can't wait to lower his cooldown to 25 and make it usable in more situations.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Killer is built for speed. I'm running him with Coby and Arm Point Chopper both at MAX CD, so it really doesn't matter what orbs I have on the last stage, or what QCK captain I bring. It's a... *drum roll* ...massacre.

Unfortunately, I can't have fun doing that, 'cause I'm stuck doing Pirate Penguin runs for Garp today. Ugh.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, what team should we use for Alvidas expert island?

Are Sanji or Usopp specials needed? With Killer Alvida should be easy...
Im rolling a quick burst time with 2 ace captains, godsopp and coby tagging along.

RedBoot

Why are the Alvida drop rates so atrocious?

They're pretty bad. I'm not a fan of spending 30 stamina only to get Coby and three fodder pirates in return. Haven't seen a skillbook yet after four runs.

The sorts of things that drop from event isles changed a bit over time (particularly once we hit Morgan's island). We get more skillbooks now, and less turtles, although every island's a little different. Alvida Expert is just following the older style.

I could live with the drops (even a low shot at Alvida skillbooks is better than most of what I get on Tsuru's island) if the XP was in the 6000xp range like current Expert islands, but we get around 3k instead. I need to keep pushing towards 80 stamina, so running Alvida slows that down. Gonna have to make a choice.

cw_sasuke

Looking to start this one.
Can somebody link me to a recent re-roll tier list?

For the Global version you could use this one.

http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/p/tier-list.html

If you roll outside of the Sugofest you probably want to roll for G3 Luffy.

Why are the Alvida drop rates so atrocious?

She has one of the strongest skills in the game and they want people to stone for her since the unit itself can be obtained quite easy.

Also fitting:

http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/special-to-max-top-5-units.html

Been going with Mihawk and destroying her. Just go with your normal slasher team but instead of god usopp go with kuro and make sure he has blue orb. When you do your normal rotation have kuro go last. For good measure if you have vista if by some chance you don't kill her in one shot use vistas special to finish her off.

GaimeGuy

Been going with Mihawk and destroying her. Just go with your normal slasher team but instead of god usopp go with kuro and make sure he has blue orb. When you do your normal rotation have kuro go last. For good measure if you have vista if by some chance you don't kill her in one shot use vistas special to finish her off.
Yep, get a good damage multiplier from captains and hit her with a combo, ending the combo with an orbed qck.

GaimeGuy

Shaaaaaanks

I now have evolved garp, evolved shanks, evolved marco, coby 2.0, and god usopp... and Mr 2.

I think my psy team is ready :). Just need to keep garp benched until I can afford to have him in the team

Hana-Bi

Wow, so I did 6 or 7 Alvida runs and I only got two skill books (Zoro).

This shit is ridiculous. If I want to max Alvidas skill (yeah I want to max her skill) I probably need more than hundred runs to have maybe 20 skill books and those aren't a guarantee for a max skilled Alvida.

Back to Tsuru and Usopps books. (those are also rare but at least not super, super rare)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
using ios 8.4 (jailbroken)

Where is the Sakura.db file located at?
I don't see /var/applications like some guides point to.

Dandte

Ok this is the team I am using:

I am using helmeppo only for hiš special, but the cooldown is just so long that I get beaten before.

And this is my list of characters. Tried also a QCK only team but could not beat her.

(I hope this works, I am on my phone).

(Friend Ace/Jozu) Jozu
Hina Sanji
GP Usopp Mr goldenweek or whats her name and the helmeppo

might work. Decent hp instant kill of the adds with sanji turn delay with usopp and defense breaker with helmeppo.

Qmzn

Neo Member
And this is my list of characters. Tried also a QCK only team but could not beat her.

Some options you could try:

• Jozu friend + Jozu, Hina, DJ Sanji, Arm Point Chopper, Petty Officer Coby. Carefully limp through the stages using the Jozu HP boost on your QCK units. Use DJ Sanji's special if you're going to take too much damage from high-defense mobs. Try to farm matching orbs for your QCK units on Stage 6.

For Alvida, lock QCK orbs with Hina, use Coby and Chopper, and you should be able to break her defense.

• Zeff friend + Zeff, Hina, Jozu, Arm Point Chopper, Petty Officer Coby. Burst through the stages with raw damage. Coby will be a dangerous fight, more XP into Jozu would help. If your PO Coby cooldown is MAX, you could try using him versus Coby, then stalling a little to get him ready again for the end.

For Alvida, same strategy as above. Hina should knock her out with a single spin kick. You might be able to get away with Jozu + Zeff as well, but I wouldn't do Ace + Zeff without some serious leveling.

• Princess Vivi friend + Alvida, GP Usopp, Smoker, Gaimon, Chore Boy Helmeppo. Safe and slow mode. Kill everything but one STR unit per stage (where applicable), then pick at it with Gaimon to charge specials. Carefully apply Usopp, Alvida, and Smoker specials as necessary to get many, many turns to whittle down non-STR enemies, and use Gaimon's special to heal whatever Vivi can't handle.

For Alvida, with Helmeppo's special active, you'll probably be able to do enough damage to kill her and her mob, though you could come up short with bad orbs. Even if his special doesn't do the trick the first time, if your Vivi friend is in the 70s, you should be nigh-indestructible. You might not be able to heal back all the damage Alvida does, but specials and/or a few meat drops will undo any net HP loss.

If your Tashigi were evolved, you could probably sub her for Smoker, then use her after Helmeppo to get rid of Alvida without relying on orb luck. Alternatively, you could bring DJ Sanji instead of Helmeppo, then stall your way into three specials.

I did a similar setup on Arlong using Alvida captain, and on Smoker using Hachi. It takes a while, but it's pretty reliable.

DrAg0nBoY

Well thanks for the suggestions. I Tried Jozu, DJ Sanji, Hana, Goldenweek and Helmeppo with a G3 Luffy and it worked.

Stalled long enough for Helmeppos special to be avaliable.

I still don't think this island is worth it. From my 9 or 10 runs (all difficulties) only 3 books dropped.

Wazzy

Banned
So anyone wanna BB today? Jay hawk whee u at lol

Also Alvida is okay. My killers special one shotted her which was nice.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I can put up my MAX Killer if people need him. G3 just seems better though for clearing trash mobs before crushing everyone.

Wazzy said:
So anyone wanna BB today? Jay hawk whee u at lol

Also Alvida is okay. My killers special one shotted her which was nice.
Do you somehow have a max skill Killer?

Wazzy

Banned
I can put up my MAX Killer if people need him. G3 just seems better though for clearing trash mobs before crushing everyone.

Do you somehow have a max skill Killer?
Nope, just level 2. I was able to stall enough that right before she killed me I used it.

It's not really an efficient farming method since it relies on how lucky I am on my stalls before hand and against her.

Anyway I'm probably gonna make some changes to my team since it came down to me being incredibly low on hp when I beat her.

Edit: ahhh Gear 3 team easily takes her out. Plus got Asura and Alvida skillbook drops!

RalchAC

I've tried to do Expert Tsuru using an absolutely terrible 2x Garp team as soon as I was able to evolve him. The team was

Garp (70) / Garp (23)
Coby (55) / Mr2 (35)
PSY Django (42) / GP Ussop (46)

Was able to kill her without many problems. It was slower than using my Slasher team, but that's normal since most of those units had 500-800 ATK instead of >1000 ATK and a lower bonus on non-INT units.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Regarding the Alvida VS Tsuru debate...

I think it's worth noting that Alvida's Romance is currently the only way to farm her special manuals, while Impact Usopp manuals also drop during Brook's fortnight. It's a ways off, but better than waiting for Tsuru appearance No. 2.

Zephyr is coming up before Brook, but the only team I've seen that requires a lowered Impact Usopp cooldown is Marco x2, which also requires prior Garp farming to have Usopp/Garp specials land after 16 turns.

On the other hand, the drop rate for Alvida manuals sucks, the Pirate XP sucks, plus she's not sticking around very long. Odds are only those that gem and wait for the next Special rate-up event will put a dent in her cooldown, and using gems only really seems worth it if you're at or near 90 stamina, to get three runs out of each refill. Using gems also seems wasteful right now, with Rayleigh Sugo and Mihawk #2 theoretically around the corner.

In my opinion, it really doesn't matter either way. As far as I've seen, there are no strategies that I've seen that require Impact Usopp or Alvida at MAX cooldown. Of the two, Alvida at MAX might be required to hold out against future raid bosses, but it also feels like she's overdue for a medium-rarity manual drop in a new fortnight, one that would probably show up before said raid boss.

Outside of manuals, Alvida Expert does provide a pretty good chance for Red Daimyo turtles and Red Pirate Penguins, for those who haven't evolved Monster Chopper yet.

I dont have a clue how to kill Alvida. My team is: Evolved Mihawk, Evolved Arlong, Evolved Tashigi, Evolved Kuro, Usopp and another Evolved Mihawk.

Not sure how to kill her.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Not sure how to kill her.

A matching orb on Kuro might barely punch through, otherwise you'll have to sub in a defense-breaker like Chore Boy Helmeppo, Arm Point Chopper, or a Rainbow Dragon, and/or use Coby to further boost Kuro and Tashigi's attacks. I think her defense is something like 40,000, which means you have to do around 55,000 in a single hit to kill her.

RedBoot

Also, Alvida has 15k HP on Expert, so if you put Vista and DJ Sanji on your team and have either as the friend captain, you can take her out just with their combined specials (5k times 3). Only helpful for people who have Vista, but it's an easy win.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Double Vista + DJ Sanji makes 30-Stam Alvida a cinch.

After 120 Stam, I finally got my FIRST Alvida skillbook. This is gonna be a crazy slog. I know global fortnite timing isn't following Japan, but anyone have any idea when we might be able to expect a Fortnite island return for a third time around?

Majukun

namco need to hurry up and give us different colors turtle time like they do in japan..i have too much guys to level up right now

Wazzy

Banned
My Gear 3 team one shots Alvida with my perfects so if anyone has Gear 3 I recommend it against her.
Everybody time to get really excited!!

Mihawk returns tomorrow!!!
for Japan

Oh god I was about to be like "It's farming timeeeeeee" but now I'm sad. :(

I really want to max him when he comes back and hopefully I can do it since I have an almost max gear 3 and a whitebeard. Plus I don't recall struggling too much when he first came and my team was much crappier back then.

Shaaaaaanks

I now have evolved garp, evolved shanks, evolved marco, coby 2.0, and god usopp... and Mr 2.

I think my psy team is ready :). Just need to keep garp benched until I can afford to have him in the team

My garps around lvl 55 unevolved (working on it) and i have evolved shanks, evolved marco, sergeant coby and impact dial usopp (better for psy team if youur trying to do burst damage then golden hammer)

cw_sasuke

So Pauly is a male version of Hina for Dex teams and Khalifa a useful orb changer for Dex teams if you have Izo. Sounds good to me.

Skill book wise I can use those Jozu Books... Don't have Blamenco.

Top Bottom