• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

My ID number is 5, so I might have that gold chest thing too, I'm just iffy on the whole spoof gps concept, don't want it messing up things I actually use! (android)

Majukun

My ID number is 5, so I might have that gold chest thing too, I'm just iffy on the whole spoof gps concept, don't want it messing up things I actually use! (android)

well if you are on android and use the fakegps app,it doens't really mess up anything because you can stop it from working with a single button and everything go back to where you are at that moment...but if you don't want,just give me your address and I'll point my fake gps on your location..

but first add me on your friend list..you find my accounts on the gaf list on the first post..both main and secondary account..so if you have the space you can do 2 tries

Dandte

I can't take screenshots on my PC anymore Oo
A few pages earlier i talked about a double chopper Team for Mihawk. Cloggerdude mentioned that it might have Problems due to the preemptive strikes from the Marine and Mihawk. But this team should be able to Do, or am i wrong?

HCu74rD.jpg

Except you get 4 runs with negative orbs

well if you are on android and use the fakegps app,it doens't really mess up anything because you can stop it from working with a single button and everything go back to where you are at that moment...but if you don't want,just give me your address and I'll point my fake gps on your location..

but first add me on your friend list..you find my accounts on the gaf list on the first post..both main and secondary account..so if you have the space you can do 2 tries

Sent requests to both, quote to see location.

Majukun

friend points in one..keys in the other

thank you

com'on guys..still 2 tries on the main account and 3 on the secondary one

Ya, looks like another Vivi/Laboon for me :(

He's not Laboon-able unless you get extremely lucky (or maybe with a max Vivi friend) since the mob stages are tough (read: harder than MC) and you'll have to gem on them.

Lion Song should be able to do both 30 and 40 Zephyr and Ivankov but that's as far as he goes. Afterwards comes Doffy with a brutal 40 and 60 stamina stages, and like Mihawk he's one of those units that you'll use in every team as a support unit so you might want to start preparing for him right now.

Dawg

Is it possible to create five accounts on a second phone, issue passwords on all so you can save them and then do 5x barrel run each week with your main account?

...asking for a friend

Is it possible to create five accounts on a second phone, issue passwords on all so you can save them and then do 5x barrel run each week with your main account?

...asking for a friend
Yup, nothing that would make it impossible. You just need to make sure you keep track of the passwords and cycle through renewing them every week before they expire. I do that on my PC w/ the Droid4X emulator to get 5 gold chests in ~10 min.

Dawg

Yup, nothing that would make it impossible. You just need to make sure you keep track of the passwords and cycle through renewing them every week before they expire. I do that on my PC w/ the Droid4X emulator to get 5 gold chests in ~10 min.

Thanks, fellow dawg.

I'm really considering gemming to farm Tsuru for Dial Usopp skill books while the skill rate up is still around. I need two more skill ups and then he'll be at 13 cooldown along with Garp and Coby which would mean my Zephyr Marco burst team is ready aside from levels. I mean she'll be around for 9 more days but Alvida's skill is important to level up so I'd rather farm her.

Cerity

...asking for a friend

Use Droid X.

follow this guide, up until pt2.

http://www.onepiecetreasurecruise.c...t-way-to-reroll-in-one-piece-treasure-cruise/

create a copy of the sakura.db and device.db files at that point.

Load the game normally and check the 6th number, do this by going to search friends thing. The title screen id will be wrong if you're rerolling a lot. If it's something you're happy with, copy those files into a new folder and copy the original files back and roll again. Rinse and repeat.

I was good to go after about 20 minutes or so. You won't be able to play the accounts this way as there will be issues with character box and whatnot - you might be able to if you copy the whole com.namcobandaigames.spmoja010E folder over though.

When you want to barrel break, choose the account you want to use and copy the sakura and device.db files over to that main folder and you're good to go.

I can't take screenshots on my PC anymore Oo
A few pages earlier i talked about a double chopper Team for Mihawk. Cloggerdude mentioned that it might have Problems due to the preemptive strikes from the Marine and Mihawk. But this team should be able to Do, or am i wrong?

Except you get 4 runs with negative orbs

So, I figured something out: Morgan's HP is bugged on the Damage Calculator.

Go make a team of 5 and check the HP. Then go add an Evolved Morgan to the team in the sixth slot. The HP will barely move. Even if you change his level to 99, it still barely moves.

tl;dr: Morgan's HP is bugged on the calculator and I think your original team would have worked after all.

Wazzy

Banned
If anyone needs to use one up I have one BB attempt left. I'm normal chest however so it's really a matter of if you need to use it to get the last one out of the way.

I sorta hate how I try to wait for gold barrels, but often end up busy/distracted on the day I have em.

I haven't done a proper 5/5 barrel run in ages due to that.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I'm still stuck on the final upgrade. I can't tell you how much cola I've wasted at this point. :(

Some of my friends are stuck, too. I let my excitement get away with me and told them about it, and I've felt absolutely terrible since. Big fat foot in my big fat mouth. If my Max Merry announcement amplified the disappointment of anyone around here, I am truly sorry.

I got a rant brewing. I'll start with the obligatory "I enjoy OPTC, especially the art direction", then there's the "however...", and...

Really, BN shouldn't have put a universally-beneficial damage boost behind two layers of gambling (Cola drops + upgrade) with crappy odds. Implying the Cola rate-up for friend game helps is a bad joke, too. 5 cola doesn't even equal a single attempt, it's just providing extra tokens for hitting the slots. Plus, not everyone can participate in friend game, and most who do aren't using it as intended anyway, by spoofing their location or rotating dummy accounts.

This last raid boss really put the ugly side of the game in sharp relief, that the ultimate Garp death squad can be rendered useless without that extra 0.3x multiplier, and that a player could sink time and even money into cola farming, and still come up empty-handed.

Looking around the internet, there's a lot of apologists elsewhere (not here, thankfully) who go around saying, "all RNG rates are fine," and, "silly entitled gamer, BN are the most superest generousest of the mobile game providers, look at all the free weekly stuff!" Of course, this is done after they've already rolled plenty of 20s maxing specials and ships, often spending undisclosed amounts of cash to do so.

It's tactless, because it seems clear to me there are plenty of players consistently rolling 1s and falling behind the content curve. I truly wish I could undo that last level of the Merry, or gift it to someone else. I'd only want it back after around 90% of the player base was up to speed, or until BN decided to institute some rate-ups to make the progression more fair, such as 2x upgrade chance, or at least a rotating 2x cola drop for story mode.

StMeph

This last raid boss really put the ugly side of the game in sharp relief, that the ultimate Garp death squad can be rendered useless without that extra 0.3x multiplier, and that a player could sink time and even money into cola farming, and still come up empty-handed.

Looking around the internet, there's a lot of apologists elsewhere (not here, thankfully) who go around saying, "all RNG rates are fine," and, "silly entitled gamer, BN are the most superest generousest of the mobile game providers, look at all the free weekly stuff!" Of course, this is done after they've already rolled plenty of 20s maxing specials and ships, often spending undisclosed amounts of cash to do so.

It's tactless, because it seems clear to me there are plenty of players consistently rolling 1s and falling behind the content curve. I truly wish I could undo that last level of the Merry, or gift it to someone else. I'd only want it back after around 90% of the player base was up to speed, or until BN decided to institute some rate-ups to make the progression more fair, such as 2x upgrade chance, or at least a rotating 2x cola drop for story mode.

The whole post seems kind of hyperbolic, but I am pretty sure it's more a matter of hardcore vs. casual. If you've been playing the game since the earliest days, you probably have an advantage. If you spoof or have friends who can spoof addresses for more cola, you probably have an advantage. If you use gems judiciously/efficiently, you probably have an advantage. If you're expecting just to log on for the daily bonus and not do much in game, and then try to tackle raid content as it appears (the hardest stuff in the game), it's probably not going to go well.

I'm still on a lv. 8 Merry, but there's a difference between rolling the gatcha with gems and cola upgrades with a chance of failure. Ultimate Garp death squad rendered useless without 1.5x damage? You mean spending 1 stone for Garp is now an utter failure? Garp is better than 90% of the characters pulled from the gatcha, but people always make it sound like a major problem when you have to spend 5 (or less) stones for a raid boss when under-prepared.

Ship upgrades and skill-ups are both super important and painfully random, but they're also universally applicable and is one of the more long-term/permanent upgrades you can do. It's gated, but you can't even spend money to power the ship, except indirectly to refresh Stamina and farm for cola in random 2x drop or half-Stamina stages.

I'm all for better XP/skill-up/cola rates, but it's the same kind of gating by drop rates for gear or other things in MMOs just to drag out the process. Paying more doesn't really help in this aspect, and then people run out of stuff to do because there's nothing else to grind.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Ultimate Garp death squad rendered useless without 1.5x damage? You mean spending 1 stone for Garp is now an utter failure?

When a player has spent time and gems rolling characters and farming turtles to build the squad, only to be locked out by a single luck-based factor, I'd say the squad is rendered useless for the expected task (a no-gem burst clear), and it's a failure in the game design department, yeah. Major, but not total and utter.

I don't believe the ship upgrades cause a significant shift in the game's bread-and-butter gem economy. There were plenty of incentives during the lead-up, and plenty of stamina refills that were going to happen day-of. And while there were quite a few story INT units that could be mixed and match to tackle Garp, both INT captains were gacha-only, as well as Robin, hence the INT rate-up event beforehand.

However, I think one could argue that without the Merry lockout, more burst teams would have been in action, and more gems would have been spent on stamina refills during the 24 hours than on desperate Arlong Park cola farming in the weeks prior. It might even be feasible to argue that enough players knew about the Merry requirement to hold off on INT gacha pulls, although it seemed that most players pulled liberally anyway, then were somewhat blindsided when their teams kept dying. If that was the plan, to get frustrated INT players to salvage inadequate Garp runs with gems, then perhaps BN is less player-friendly than some like to claim.

Players who farmed Laboon or Vivi didn't have to spend any gems to get Garp, or even 15 Garps, if they wanted to give up their life that day. In this instance, it's about players who put in a lot of time and effort to understand the game and form efficient plans with their available units, plans that only those who rolled the final ship upgrades could execute.

"Hardcore", min-maxers, perhaps, but I simply see players with limited schedules, who were willing to spend a modest amount of money and/or time to get a little bit further ahead of the game. That's the heart of F2P to me, a system which content gating should support in parallel, not contradict.

Paying more doesn't really help in this aspect, and then people run out of stuff to do because there's nothing else to grind.

Stuff like non-essential character customizations, prestige stars, and other such fluff are more than enough to retain players who crave a steady supply of locked gates and grinding opportunities. The game has this, from filling out the Voyage Log, to the Mission system, to Cotton Candy over-leveling.

Hyperbole would be something like, "One Piece: Treasure Cruise is a decent game, completely ruined by the random nature of ship upgrades." All I'm really saying is that the ship upgrade system, as-is, frustrates more players than it retains. Hell, this was one of the factors that almost led me to ditch OPTC early on, until I learned to lower my expectations. (No Rayleigh for you, F2P pleb.)

Gonna start saving Cola now for the Thousand Sunny.

RedBoot

Gonna start saving Cola now for the Thousand Sunny.

You might have to spend it on Mihawk's ship first. :(

I've been stuck at 7 -> 8 for a while now (something like 7+ failures). If there were a more "guaranteed" way to get cola, it wouldn't bother me as much. This game feels "fair" in so many other ways (being able to get a lot of units from story mode, frequent daily gems, etc), so it's weird for this to be such a sore spot. Skill level-up rates are rough too, but at least with those, I could spend gems and grind the hell out of whatever quest drops the skillbooks, if I was that focused on maxing someone out.

Qmzn

Neo Member
You might have to spend it on Mihawk's ship first. :(

The coffin can bite me, I know that Sunny announcement is about to land with Water 7 in play, and I want to hit that sucker with Cola in the high double-digits. It's gonna be something that opens up more burst teams for Aokiji, like 1.7x attack and HP, guarded by a Cola-devouring Usopp so obsessed with failure, he sometimes forgets to breathe.

They really should implement some Cola incentives, but it will be somewhat painful if Japan gets such a thing, while Global stands a full revision behind.

Is 3 a gold today? I'm a 3. I've never broken a barrel before.

Tomorrow. https://cyung.github.io/optc/barrel.html

The Hachi/Keimi takoyaki fortnight in Japan looks cool. I like fish people. I want a team of fish people.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Everyone who really wants Rayleigh should assume they're not getting him. I've really wanted WB and to no avail. Just pull for other stuff and be presently surprised/scream when you see him in your box.

chrono01

Everyone who really wants Rayleigh should assume they're not getting him. I've really wanted WB and to no avail. Just pull for other stuff and be presently surprised/scream when you see him in your box.
That's what I'm doing.

Next Sugofest, I'll pull for Kid and a few others, but once I have them I'm going to stop [even if I haven't yet obtained Rayleigh]. Even if I don't obtain any of the advertised units, I'll probably limit myself to something like 10 pulls. Basically, pull as normal during Sugofest trying for the advertised units, but not going for Rayleigh specifically. Given his rarity, it'll be more of a "WHA!?" rather than a "I knew if I spend all of my money I'd obtain him!" kind of pull.

I pulled Marco in the last sugofest and today was the first time I used a Marco burst team for turtles and goddamn, it's like the real life equivalent of throwing turtles into a woodchipper. I thought I was pretty fast with my Mihawk team but I had no idea. I did 18 runs and I even brought along Fullbody who I didn't even use because it was quicker not to.

I pulled Marco in the last sugofest and today was the first time I used a Marco burst team for turtles and goddamn, it's like the real life equivalent of throwing turtles into a woodchipper. I thought I was pretty fast with my Mihawk team but I had no idea. I did 18 runs and I even brought along Fullbody who I didn't even use because it was quicker not to.

Fullbody is a good backup if you're really unlucky with orbs or two elders in a row though.

One day I will have Marco. Is Garp decent for turtles? Or should I just stick with Mihawk/G3?

RalchAC

I think I'm not going to pull in next Sugofest. Will save gems for a while, since I want to farm Mihawk when it launches in like 100 years and I'd like to farm Zephyr too.

I thought the marines were the fastest turtle killing units lmao

So Fullbody and Marco are better?

I always saw people talk about marines for turtles, but never actually looked into it much, how fast are they?

Edit: ran some Garp/Marco and Garp/Garp. They are significantly faster than Mihawk or G3 that I was running before.

Jayhawk

My Shanks and Fullbody team beats turtles around 30%-50% faster than my Marine Admiral team based on the amount of runs I complete within the 30 minute window. I can partner up with other Shanks and Marco captains.

Hana-Bi

Yeah, with my luck I assume that I'll never get Rayleigh or max Merry. :)

RalchAC

I always saw people talk about marines for turtles, but never actually looked into it much, how fast are they?

I think a good PSY or Slasher team with Full Body should be faster than that. My Slasher team can do like 13 runs in 30 minutes. Well, it depends on my luck with the Secret Stage.

The Marine team relies too much on orb luck.

Wazzy

Banned

Edit: ran some Garp/Marco and Garp/Garp. They are significantly faster than Mihawk or G3 that I was running before.
The marines are pretty good for Turtle farming. It does depend if the tandem appears but it's generally frequent enough for me that I thought farming with them was good.

Top Bottom