• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Man, I am so ready for some new content. Things are just draaaaaagggggiiiiiinnnngggg here lately. I basically get up, run Alvida, go about my day, and then run her again at night and that's my entire interaction with the game. I think I have 6 Alvida skill books, after running nothing but her this entire week.

I started playing Dragon Blaze a few days ago, and it's amazing how much more engaging it is. Granted, I've gotten a lot of free stuff for starting out, but I can literally play it almost the entire day without having to stop/run out of "stamina". I love OP: TC, so I won't be stopping any time soon, but I definitely wish we had more stuff to do/more stamina/faster stamina refill.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm fine with the current stamina system tbh since I don't wanna play these type of games the whole day.

Rather just play a bit in the morning and evening with the stamina I have instead of constantly thinking that I'm wasting stamina by not playing the whole day.

Once you rank up a bit you can do up to 3-4 expert quests at once which is enough for me.

I don't know how much fun you would have if you would play multiple games with that much free stamina, right now that spot is Dragon Blaze... Probably still new and there is much too do. More stamina I OPTC wouldn't change much since there isn't enough new content to support such a change, you would just get bored sooner with the game.

Looking forward to Khalifa though... Alvida has been very bad so far only 2 skill books and haven't gotten a new one the last 3 days.

cw_sasuke

They did receive recently...but Japan has way more content than global and many players have reached stamina levels where you needed more than a day to recover your whole stamina.

Probably won't be happening on global this year.

RalchAC

Man, I am so ready for some new content. Things are just draaaaaagggggiiiiiinnnngggg here lately. I basically get up, run Alvida, go about my day, and then run her again at night and that's my entire interaction with the game. I think I have 6 Alvida skill books, after running nothing but her this entire week.

I started playing Dragon Blaze a few days ago, and it's amazing how much more engaging it is. Granted, I've gotten a lot of free stuff for starting out, but I can literally play it almost the entire day without having to stop/run out of "stamina". I love OP: TC, so I won't be stopping any time soon, but I definitely wish we had more stuff to do/more stamina/faster stamina refill.

The 2 games have really different approaches. Dragon Blaze is a MMO-lite, with all the daily quests, the equipment, the 3 difficulty levels and many more subtle things. It has a stamina bar, but the game wants you to invest quite a bit of time in a MMO-like cycle (get Gear / Characters -> farm stuff -> improve Gear/Characters -> do harder content -> repeat)

On the other hand, OPTC looks like the kind of game you just play here and there in short bursts whenever you're bored and have some free time. The progression systems are quite simple and straightforward.

That said, I wish we had more stuff to do and I hope we get the 5 minutes cooldown around Skypiea / Water 7 too. The last few islands seem to have quite a few interesting farmable characters like Enel, CP9 members, Crocodile, Mr1... And people is starting to get more and more stamina (I have 83 right now but I'm sure there is people here that has over 100)

I don't know how much fun you would have if you would play multiple games with that much free stamina, right now that spot is Dragon Blaze... Probably still new and there is much too do. More stamina I OPTC wouldn't change much since there isn't enough new content to support such a change, you would just get bored sooner with the game.

Looking forward to Khalifa though... Alvida has been very bad so far only 2 skill books and haven't gotten a new one the last 3 days.

Exactly. When you compare how much stuff Japan has to do compared to us it's logical that they haven't applied the stamina cut here. They have turtle times with different colours, the new islands, the weekly re-runs, a bunch of story islands with must have characters to farm, a backlog of 10 raid bosses that are re-introduced once every few, special islands like the cotton candy thing...

Add to that that the players that have been playing for over a year must have over 100 stamina and must be doing the Fortnight Islands must faster that we do. So maybe they don't invest much more time that we do even if the stamina recovery rate is higher

Majukun

i feel like I'm already falling behind in this game,like i wil not be able to farm anything affectively fro now onward..i couldn't farm garp because i lacked a decent enough int team..now i will not be able to farm zero becuse i don't havbe a max skill garp..and so on.
too many characters..so little resources :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
i feel like I'm already falling behind in this game,like i wil not be able to farm anything affectively fro now onward..i couldn't farm garp because i lacked a decent enough int team..now i will not be able to farm zero becuse i don't havbe a max skill garp..and so on.
Don't worry, I won't be able to either; we can fall behind together.

RalchAC

You could use a maxed friend Garp though, like I'm going to do for Zephyr unless it launches (which is totally going to happen) while I'm working as a monitor in a summer camp in the middle of nowhere.

Hopefully they wait until early August :p

Majukun

You could use a maxed friend Garp though, like I'm going to do for Zephyr unless it launches (which is totally going to happen) while I'm working as a monitor in a summer camp in the middle of nowhere.

Hopefully they wait until early August :p

yeah,but if we are talking about farming,i either need one myself so to be able to use it multiple times,or have A TON of max skilled garp friends at my disposal

Qmzn

Neo Member
Is this true? can you upgrade Broggy's skill level when you feed him Gaimon's?]

Yes, you can also feed him Johnny, Dory, or anyone else with the same skill name, "RCV Slot Storm". A special can be leveled up by any character with a special of the exact same name, even if the animation changes, such as from Smoker to Biker Smoker.

On a related note, "Same Character Bonus" is applied not only when two characters are an exact match or a prior/future evolution, but whenever the two characters are the same person and couldn't be used in the same party. For example, feeding a basic Coby to Petty Officer Coby provides the bonus, since they are both technically Coby. However, this does not work for units that are part of an ambiguous group and lack a proper name, such as a Marine Ensign, who will not get an XP bonus from his previous evolution, the Marine Seaman.

I know this may sound crazy to some, but if you're going to farm Gaimon, you might want to keep one, and perhaps level up his skill as well. His low attack and meat generation allows you to stall for many, many turns, which places him in some raid boss strats.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yes, you can also feed him Johnny, Dory, or anyone else with the same skill name, "RCV Slot Storm". A special can be leveled up by any character with a special of the exact same name. Even if the animation changes, such as from Smoker to Biker Smoker, it's fine.

On a related note, "Same Character Bonus" is applied not only when two characters are an exact match or a prior/future evolution, but whenever the two characters are the same person and couldn't be used in the same party. For example, feeding a basic Coby to Petty Officer Coby provides the bonus, since they are both technically Coby.

Nice, thanks.

Edit:

I have a few Gaimon's but i think i'll wait for the next skill up event.

Wazzy

Banned
Any silver or golds wanna BB? I've got two tries left and hope to try for cola before the raise in getting is gone! :D

chrono01

I'm still on the last level for Going Merry, and honestly, I can't see myself max'ing it anytime soon. It's just frustrating at this point. I've been throwing every cola I could into it, and I've been playing since release.

I would honestly spend 50 Rainbow Gems for a guaranteed upgrade just so I could be done with it. :/

makaveli13

Neo Member
Yeah I I just had my 7th fail and I'm pretty annoyed. Can't imagine you guys who've had more than that feel.

I had 3 fails just today.. I have lost count of my overall fail status for that final level. I almost threw my phone on the ground today haha.

That's okay, Mihawks boat upgrades start at 7 and go all the way up to 20 cola for the later upgrades. I'm having visions of my own personal One Piece hell.

cw_sasuke

We'd damn well better get a Member Box increase. Seriously, this is beyond excuses by now.
Yeah.... You know we have an issue when half of my game time has been managing the box for the last 2-3 months.

Dandte

Wait what.....

tHcrFN2.jpg

chrono01

Yeah.... You know we have an issue when half of my game time has been managing the box for the last 2-3 months.
Yeah. To be completely honest, if anything makes me quit playing Treasure Cruise it's doing to be the limited member box space. It's just a chore and not at all enjoyable.

There's no reason why Namco Bandai hasn't increased our limit yet, it's not as though we haven't been asking for it. I know it's not exactly a fair comparison, but even the JPN version received a member box increase shortly after Mihawk [if my memory is correct]. They probably would have received a second increase by now before we even got our first. It's just frustrating.

RalchAC

Yeah. To be completely honest, if anything makes me quit playing Treasure Cruise it's doing to be the limited member box space. It's just a chore and not at all enjoyable.

There's no reason why Namco Bandai hasn't increased our limit yet, it's not as though we haven't been asking for it. I know it's not exactly a fair comparison, but even the JPN version received a member box increase shortly after Mihawk [if my memory is correct]. They probably would have received a second increase by now before we even got our first. It's just frustrating.

The way Bamco has been managing this game is so weird. There is the box space thing, that is giving us a lot of problems, there is the Cola rates (which are terrible in JP too, so that's not a Global problem) and there is Mihawk.

It's been like 2 months since he arrived. I think he arrived around the time we got the 2.000.000 downloads event. That's 1.000.000 new users (+ the old ones that couldn't get him). Being as basic as a unit as he is, I think it's a huge problem to have such a big portion of players unable to get him. He is like the most used F2P captain. And a gem sink, since maxing his skill is really important for many boss fights.

BTW Do we know if we're getting Kuro tomorrow?

chrono01

The way Bamco has been managing this game is so weird. There is the box space thing, that is giving us a lot of problems, there is the Cola rates (which are terrible in JP too, so that's not a Global problem) and there is Mihawk.

It's been like 2 months since he arrived. I think he arrived around the time we got the 2.000.000 downloads event. That's 1.000.000 new users (+ the old ones that couldn't get him). Being as basic as a unit as he is, I think it's a huge problem to have such a big portion of players unable to get him. He is like the most used F2P captain. And a gem sink, since maxing his skill is really important for many boss fights.

BTW Do we know if we're getting Kuro tomorrow?
Yeah, it's a bit confusing honestly. They're handling some things so well, but other aspects...not so much.

As for Kuro, I don't believe we are. Those who "time-traveled" haven't mentioned him yet anyway, so I think it's just Kalifa.

cw_sasuke

When are the Yellow turtle times this week again?

http://cyung.github.io/optc/event.html

I really hope they fix that before we get Rayleigh...always thought i wouldnt be able to pull for him because the lack of devilfruits, right now the lack of box space seems more likely lol.

Dandte

So how many Alvida books did you guys scrape up?
My last Run provided me with a book. Before i used 25 books in total and got 0 ups. I was dumb and should have waited for a skill up event. Now i have one book and 8 Alvida i have to evolve...

Edit:

Crap, i maxed my blamenco so i can fed his skillbooks to him and level his skill and his own level at the same time...but i'm missing a rainbow crab. now i need to hort his skillbooks till i get a crab....bamco i need more space!
btw is blamenco/kraken the best option for getting full strengh orbs? His cd is kinda high. Also at which plvl i have 120 stamina? Need to work on my doffy preparations.

RalchAC

My last Run provided me with a book. Before i used 25 books in total and got 0 ups. I was dumb and should have waited for a skill up event. Now i have one book and 8 Alvida i have to evolve...

Edit:

Crap, i maxed my blamenco so i can fed his skillbooks to him and level his skill and his own level at the same time...but i'm missing a rainbow crab. now i need to hort his skillbooks till i get a crab....bamco i need more space!
btw is blamenco/kraken the best option for getting full strengh orbs? His cd is kinda high. Also at which plvl i have 120 stamina? Need to work on my doffy preparations.

Have you spent gems to farm Alvida books? I don't have as many as you.

Blamenco CD is decent when maxed, like 15, right? Same case as Izo.

For the 120 stamina, I think it's at level 201. You start at level 1 with 20 stamina and you get a point every 2 levels (the uneven ones) so it should be 201.

Doesn't Doffy 40 have a guaranteed drop?

Dandte

Have you spent gems to farm Alvida books? I don't have as many as you.

Blamenco CD is decent when maxed, like 15, right? Same case as Izo.

For the 120 stamina, I think it's at level 201. You start at level 1 with 20 stamina and you get a point every 2 levels (the uneven ones) so it should be 201.

Doesn't Doffy 40 have a guaranteed drop?

1. Nope just tons of luck with double drops and single drops.
2. Blamenco is maxed at 10
3. Oh crap this will take a while. Currently at plvl 135 yikes
4. Don't know but since it has a 60 stamina i guess the safe drop is only received by beating 60 stamina. (So far i know Enel is the same=

5. God dammit i need a Jozu Oo >.<!

Tidd

Missed my turtle time due to work and I don't know if I can stay up for my 2nd turtle time also because of work ;__;

Mihawk training island? Yay more cola for Usopp!
I hope Khalifa's island has a good drop rate for Blamenco books. Mihawk would be even easier with his skill maxed.

And lol @ Duval raid boss!

RalchAC

Missed my turtle time due to work and I don't know if I can stay up for my 2nd turtle time also because of work ;__;

Mihawk training island? Yay more cola for Usopp!
I hope Khalifa's island has a good drop rate for Blamenco books. Mihawk would be even easier with his skill maxed.

And lol @ Duval raid boss!

Im not sure if turtle time has happened today. I connected half an hour ago and I got nothing. Somebody with a 5 or 0 has done their turtle Times today?

Top Bottom