• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RedBoot

Had enough friend points for 23 pulls, got nothing but fodder, Higumo, and Johnny (and those latter two are always in the friend pool anyway). I have terrible luck in these friend pull events (but I do alright on premium pulls, so I'm good with that). At least the Johnny resulted in a skill up for my Broggy.

Also finally gave Kalifa 30stam another shot, since there's no turtles to farm today. Looks like my crappy STR team can win that difficulty, though I've got absolutely no room for error. Gotta hit all the perfects for the G3 boost or I lose. Still haven't gotten Kalifa herself yet, though I've gotten several Paulies.

Hana-Bi

Seems I'm getting quite a few colas from Kalifas island. :)

Also, max skilled my Impact Usopp with my last 10 skill books (got 4 level ups).:)

Hana-Bi

Another two failed Merry upgrades. How in the hell will I ever max this friggin ship? And how can anybody max Mihawks ship?

This Usopp failure really doesn't make any sense.

chrono01

yay 2x special coming back and cotton candy :O
Cotton Candy is great news.

But please, for the love of God Usopp, EXPAND OUR MEMBER BOX SPACE! I cleared out all of my crab/shellfish/penguin evolver material this morning, as well as all baby turtles. I'm still at 198/200. I can't even pull for Rayleigh if they don't expand our space. I'm not even joking, I have around 25 Robin, 20 Impact Usopp, and a few other various skillbooks (I don't yet have those characters, so I need to hold onto them), and I'm definitely not getting rid of them.

It's beyond ridiculous now. Namco Bandai needs to do something about this.

It's beyond ridiculous now. Namco Bandai needs to do something about this.

The cotton candy announcement mentions a version 2.2, so it might come with a box expansion.

They kinda messed up the order of the announcements, they didn't announce 2.2 and snails but they are talking about a cotton candy event from snails -_- then they are showing Apu on the DEX rate up banner without announcing him lol. Apu confirms that the sugofest will be next week though, probably the first day of DEX rate up.

chrono01

The cotton candy announcement mentions a version 2.2, so it might come with a box expansion.

They kinda messed up the order of the announcements, they didn't announce 2.2 and snails but they are talking about a cotton candy event from snails -_- then they are showing Apu on the DEX rate up banner without announcing him lol. Apu confirms that the sugofest will be next week though, probably the first day of DEX rate up.
I really hope so. It's been a long time coming, that's for sure.

As for the DEX-rate up, of course it would happen just as Sugofest begins, since I already have Law and it wouldn't coincide with INT and STR, making it easier for Rayleigh and Whitebeard. :(

Oh well, from my past experiences the specific-type rate up's don't seem that big anyway. I've pulled before during a specific rate up, while Sugofest was happening, and received not a single type of the advertised rate-up type. I believe it was last Sugofest when INT was increased.

bzzt

Neo Member
Honestly though, I don't think the Type rate ups are too big of a deal. Last time during Int rate up, I got a v1 Nami and 6 or 7 Qck units. I would love to luck into Law and Apu, this Sugoifest. I've come to terms that Rayleigh is extremely improbable. I have a ton of gems saved up though. Hoping for some good units
and a box upgrade
. Also, Rainbase is coming up, who's ready to farm Crocodile? Who's willing to farm for 2?

RalchAC

I've read the cotton candy thing. It doesn't have any RNG, right? It just gives a fixed amount of EXP and +1 in ATK/RCV or +10 HP.

I want a box space increase too :(

Another two failed Merry upgrades. How in the hell will I ever max this friggin ship? And how can anybody max Mihawks ship?

This Usopp failure really doesn't make any sense.

I'm still at level 8. It's terrible. And I've been playing for 150 days if my login streak is correct.

Honestly though, I don't think the Type rate ups are too big of a deal. Last time during Int rate up, I got a v1 Nami and 6 or 7 Qck units. I would love to luck into Law and Apu, this Sugoifest. I've come to terms that Rayleigh is extremely improbable. I have a ton of gems saved up though. Hoping for some good units
and a box upgrade
. Also, Rainbase is coming up, who's ready to farm Crocodile? Who's willing to farm for 2?

Last Sugofest with an INT rate up I got like 1 INT unit in 6 pulls or so I think. So I don't believe that those rate ups are really worth your gems. Just use them in Sugofest and hope for the best IMO.

I understand that but what I was asking is like say the poison ink manual can it be used on Don krieg or the other manuals used on someone else to level thier special?

I'm not 100% sure about skill books, but so far what we know is that if 2 characters have the same skill name (like Broggy and Johnny) they can get a skill up even if they're not the same character.

So see what are the names of the Squid and Krieg skill first.

Qmzn

Neo Member
So see what are the names of the Squid and Krieg skill first.

"Poison Ink" and "MH5", respectively, so it's not viable.

I remain ambivalent about Sugofest. On the one hand, a chance at new units to play with, especially Law. On the other hand, getting a box full of Hachi, while the summer vacation kids post, "HAY guyz I just pulled my 3rd Raylee HYPE LOLZ!1"

How far in advance do they usually advertise the raid bosses and are we likely going to be getting Zephyr this month?

Japan didn't get him until after Kraken Island, which we won't be getting until the August 18th. However, we have been getting Raid bosses monthly since Mihawk first launched.

Similarly, I was mistaken in thinking that Mr. 2 is in the next story isle. I just realized he is in the one after that. Thus, we can't farm Mr. 2 for a Psy Burst team unless we get Zephyr at the end of August and the final Alabasta story isle in mid August. :/

chrono01

Believe in the Brono who believes in our pulls!
Rayleigh will be the drill that pierces our wallets. ;_;

SUGOFEST CONFIRMED! RAYLEIGH INCOMING! July 14th-July15th!"

Other units with a chance up.

5*

Captain Kid [STR]
Roar of the Sea Scratchman Apoo [Dex]
Red Flag X Drake [INT]
Big Eater Jewelry Bonney [PSY]
Capone Gang Bege [QCK]
Trafalgar Law [DEX]
Beop the Martial Artist [STR]
Massacre Soldier Killer [QCK]
Mad Monk Urogue [PSY]
Basil Hawkins the Magician [INT]

4*

[All of the lower evolutions of the 5* units]

...But who cares about those? RAYLEEEEEEEEEEEIGGGGGGGGH!!!

No, but seriously. Rayleigh.

chrono01

I swear you better get him!
I have 177 Rainbow Gems. I'D BETTER!

If they don't increase the box capacity, I really won't be able to pull as much as I'd like. I'm not about to sell Lobsters or anything worthwhile. I really hope they increase the capacity...

SUGOFEST CONFIRMED! RAYLEIGH INCOMING! July 14th-July15th!"

Sounds like my standard 5 pulls. Unfortunatelt that's all I can ever do. Will try some alt pulls as well most likely, but those are always haunted by Hatchan.

Brono, I can't remember the day, but new lobster isle is soon. Lobsters vs Rayleigh 2015 :)

Edit: meant Brono, wouldn't want to confuse anyone.

Also, may you get lucky and draw a Robin and Impact God immediately.

chrono01

I have no words for how happy that would make me.

Robin + Impact God immediately, fuse away skillbooks during double skill chance, free some space for more RAYLEIGH PULLING!

...I know, I seem a bit fanatical right now. But RAYLEIGH!

RalchAC

If they don't increase the box capacity, I really won't be able to pull as much as I'd like. I'm not about to sell Lobsters or anything worthwhile. I really hope they increase the capacity...

We're gettign the Lobster island again, it seems. So maybe you could sell a bunch of Lobsters

Sounds like my standard 5 pulls. Unfortunatelt that's all I can ever do. Will try some alt pulls as well most likely, but those are always haunted by Hatchan.

Brono, I can't remember the day, but new lobster isle is soon. Lobsters vs Rayleigh 2015 :)

Edit: meant Brono, wouldn't want to confuse anyone.

I must stay above 30 gems no matter what. I need to save them for Mihawk farming. Which should be around the fucking corner... But I think I've said this same words like a hundred times :(

It notes that 5 Star Whitebeard and Rayleigh are available but doesn't mention their 6 Star versions. Were those ever pullable or are they evolve only?

Gurren_Lagann.jpg

Notice how thin and empty it is.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Any strategy on who to dump cotten candy onto?

I think much of it is preference, but here's my plan:

ATK/HP -> Mihawk, G3, Rayleigh, Whitebeard, M. Chopper, Arlong, any big damage dealer that's used in a variety of teams and/or for burst damage boss kills.

HP/RCV -> GP Usopp, Alvida, Mirage Nami, Gaimon, any low-damage utility character involved in a stall strategy.

ATK/RCV -> Vivi, Onigumo, unevolved Mihawk, units with low HP and high ATK such as Kungfu Dugong (because HP-less-than-X will probably become a quest condition sooner or later), anything else found in endurance crews.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Any strategy on who to dump cotten candy onto? Or should it just be your staple unit(s)?
If you have a Top Tier unit like Rayleigh or WB you can just drop everything on them since your team will likely build around them. Otherwise it depends on which role the unit have in your team or which stats they are lacking in. You might wanna push atk on Arlong to make him even stronger or RCV on Vivi to further improve her healing ability combined with Leaderskill. So yeah it all depends on the units available and their role in your team.

chrono01

We're gettign the Lobster island again, it seems. So maybe you could sell a bunch of Lobsters
Tempting, but considering how rare they drop [and how important they are], I'd rather not do this. Here's hoping NB are kind and gives us more space.

It notes that 5 Star Whitebeard and Rayleigh are available but doesn't mention their 6 Star versions. Were those ever pullable or are they evolve only?
They're only ever pull-able in their 5* versions. :(

Wazzy

Banned
I'm excited for the second TT since my Marco is 75 but th e question is should I focus on maxing him first or get Garp up to around his level? Garp is 34 at the moment.

Ugh I need a box increase too. :( TT is brutal now with my inbox almost full after each run and I have to quickly use the powerups so I can do another couple runs. I probably won't be able to do many pulls so I'm hoping I'm lucky in the ones I can do. xD

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm excited for the second TT since my Marco is 75 but th e question is should I focus on maxing him first or get Garp up to around his level? Garp is 34 at the moment.
Both are important, Garp is the PS4 unit who deals the most damage but if you plan using Marco as a leader for Zephyr friends will also benefit from a high lvl Marco.

At the end of the day you'll be max leveling other of them anyway considering their role in the game.

chrono01

Yeah, what cw_sasuke said.

You'll want both max'd [eventually], but since Garp is falling a little behind it levels, it might warrant catching him up a bit. That being said, he's still beastly at lower levels. Both have their uses, but are absolutely worth pumping XP into them [as you well know, I'm sure].

Tidd

Too much news xD
Sugofest yay! And no straw hats uo rate, finally. Pls, let me pull Sanjis and Usopps and Cobys. I don't need the new characters or Rayleigh.

And we get the first part of Alabasta! Prepare for Mr. O farming it will be worse than Zeff. XD

Wazzy

Banned
Both are important, Garp is the PS4 unit who deals the most damage but if you plan using Marco as a leader for Zephyr friends will also benefit from a high lvl Marco.

At the end of the day you'll be max leveling other of them anyway considering their role in the game.

Yeah, what cw_sasuke said.

You'll want both max'd [eventually], but since Garp is falling a little behind it levels, it might warrant catching him up a bit. That being said, he's still beastly at lower levels. Both have their uses, but are absolutely worth pumping XP into them [as you well know, I'm sure].
Sweet thanks! Tomorrow's TT will all go to Garp and then the last yellow day will split between them. I'll also have Monday so plenty of time to level them up.

Nibel

Used all my friend points, got a bunch of random pirate scrubs...

AND LABOON <3

Nice, Laboon + Vivi (as a Friend) are perfect for raid bosses. :)

Sugofest in 4 days. Damn. Will go all out. Chrono, will you finally unleash your 100+ gems and go all out?

chrono01

Sugofest in 4 days. Damn. Will go all out. Chrono, will you finally unleash your 100+ gems and go all out?
That's the plan!

I will likely pull as much as the box limit will allow me, yes. I probably won't drain myself completely dry [I want to save some for Mihawk's return, as well as other raid bosses], but I can easily see myself burning 150 or so [again, if space allows it >_<].

Edit:

Also, guys. GUYS! GUYS! [And Gals!]

So I was feeling in a celebratory mood. You know, Rayleigh Sugofest and all that. I had 20 Cola, and Usopp had been cruel to me. The "KLUNK!" haunts my dreams and forever will until I depart from the world. However, I wouldn't let him dissuade me no more. Not going to happen, not tonight.

Upgrade 1:

...KLUNK.

That's okay Usopp. I see you there. I see you. Walking away, head bobbing up and down, more than likely in-laughter. I forgive you, for your God Hammer Usopp form is God-tier.

Let's just give this upgrade one more go!

Upgrade 2:

...KLUN-...No, wait. "TAP...TAP...TAP!

And it's DONE!

It...is...DONE! I've been playing since launch [151 days] and it's finally finished.

...I have no words. I need to go lie down.

pLow7

I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T GET HIM, BUT I DO, I'LL GIVE YOU MY ACCOUNT!

but seriously, i would do it.

Cerity

grats dude! I think I'll be on my next attempt pretty soon, my last 4 kalifa runs netted me a cola each. Hopefully it's a good omen.

Using blamenco on these kalifa runs nearly feels cruel, nearly lol. I've got a relatively weak str team but his skill just wipes away any concern going into that last level. I'm also using alvida just incase I don't get any meat for dat rcv.

chrono01

I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T GET HIM, BUT I DO, I'LL GIVE YOU MY ACCOUNT!

but seriously, i would do it.
Haha, thanks man. I'm excited for him, but honestly, even with 150 Rainbow Gems I don't expect to give him, and I'm okay with that. As long as I get a few worthwhile units out of it [Kid, Apoo, Robin, Impact Usopp, Jozu, Shanks, etc.] I'm okay.

To be completely honest, I don't know if I'll ever own a Gatcha-only unit. I mean, I would love to, but I know they're rare, so it's kind of one of those things where you have to make peace with knowing you'll probably never have one until you actually manage to pull one, in which case you may then place your phone down, stand up, and run around the room screaming like a crazy man/woman.

Will I try for Rayleigh? You bet I will.
Do I expect to actually pull him? Not at all.

It won't be for lack of trying. If I do manage to get a lot of desirable unit early on, such as Kid, Apoo, etc., I might stop pulling and wait for the next Sugofest. We'll see how things go. I'll probably set a limit of certain ones, and once that level is achieved I'll cease pulling. Rayleigh will be around for all subsequent Sugofest, so it doesn't really seem right pulling non-stop after you get a lot of the great Sugofest pulls only to continue getting duplicates of them in your craze to obtain Rayleigh. It's probably better to save those pulls for another Sugofest, where new units are added. That way, if you still don't manage to pull Rayleigh, at least you'll [hopefully] have obtained a handful of other units in his place.

Top Bottom