• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Upgrade 2:

...KLUN-...No, wait. "TAP...TAP...TAP!

And it's DONE!

It...is...DONE! I've been playing since launch [151 days] and it's finally finished.

...I have no words. I need to go lie down.

Wohooo....congrats man !!!
Hah man thats such a big deal, i was in the same spot...at some point you are so used to it failing that when it finally happens...you feel nothing lol.

But it such a nice feeling knowing that you can finally dish out the max dmg potential.

Tidd

This will be a sweet and salty Sugofest. I'm looking forward to the reactions from everyone. <3

And congrats to the fully upgraded Merry, chrono!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Level 9 merry reached! WOOOOO

JUST. ONE. MORE.

Also: Yellow Turtle time in 110 minutes for 0/5s!

chrono01

Wohooo....congrats man !!!
Hah man thats such a big deal, i was in the same spot...at some point you are so used to it failing that when it finally happens...you feel nothing lol.

But it such a nice feeling knowing that you can finally dish out the max dmg potential.
Thanks. Yeah, it was kind of one of those :I moments for me. It didn't really hit me until afterwards. So used to failing, haha.

It is nice to finally use Going Merry to its full effect. I felt like I was missing out earlier, and I was.

This will be a sweet and salty Sugofest. I'm looking forward to the reactions from everyone. <3

And congrats to the fully upgraded Merry, chrono!
I expect much salt too. Here's hoping a few of us are lucky, though.

And thanks man!

Level 9 merry reached! WOOOOO

JUST. ONE. MORE.

Also: Yellow Turtle time in 110 minutes for 0/5s!
Congrats, nearly there!

Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to try to catch it. I'll be putting up my Towel Nami beforehand so those of you that need her can make use of her.

Also, guys. GUYS! GUYS! [And Gals!]

Upgrade 1:

...KLUNK.

That's okay Usopp. I see you there. I see you. Walking away, head bobbing up and down, more than likely in-laughter. I forgive you, for your God Hammer Usopp form is God-tier.

tumblr_mkkgydAqOU1s24v2ko1_500.gif

Upgrade 2:

...KLUN-...No, wait. "TAP...TAP...TAP!

And it's DONE!

...I have no words. I need to go lie down.
No words were needed. Only actions.

chrono01

No words were needed. Only actions.
Haha, pretty much! The last .gif is extremely fitting too, since [I believe] my leading Captain at the time was G3 Luffy.

I'm really not looking forward to max'ing any of the other ships [Mihawk's and the eventual Thousand Sunny]. It'll be a nightmare all over again, only at an increased potency [thanks to the cost per upgrade increasing drastically, at least for Mihawk's Ship]. >_<

Majukun

oh come on..not a single yellow elder turtle in the entire turtle time..seriously?

p.s. what is the best chopper version?i already have the blue one

oh come on..not a single yellow elder turtle in the entire turtle time..seriously?

p.s. what is the best chopper version?i already have the blue one

None of the above. All the chopper evolutions, Monster Chopper being the exception but technically a different characters, have been made absolete by characters with the same skills but better stats.

RedBoot

None of the above. All the chopper evolutions, Monster Chopper being the exception but technically a different characters, have been made absolete by characters with the same skills but better stats.

Pretty much. If you don't have Broggy, INT Chopper is decent. If you don't have Smoker, DEX Chopper is decent. None of the other three are likely to see any use.

I must stay above 30 gems no matter what. I need to save them for Mihawk farming. Which should be around the fucking corner... But I think I've said this same words like a hundred times :(

I keep forgetting that he can show up at pretty much any time. I would rather have him skilled up than more Cobys.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Lets hope Mihawk shows up during the 2x skill up period. Dont wanna store a bunch of Mihawk units again...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Very wary of this Sugofest, since I already have Law, and actually don't have any of the Gacha Strawhats, making me one of the only people bummed they don't have a rate-up this Sugo.

I swear, every single month I say "This will be the month I buy gems and go hard" and then every month there is a reason to delay.

What's the next Sugo? Shichibukai? Maybe I'll do my standard F2P 5-6 pulls here, and wait one more month to spend $$$...

RedBoot

What's the next Sugo? Shichibukai? Maybe I'll do my standard F2P 5-6 pulls here, and wait one more month to spend $$$...

I think it's the Shichibukai, although I'm not sure exactly what units it includes. I know Moria (INT), Kuma (STR), and Jimbei (QUI) are all gatcha units, alongside the Sugo-only Hancock, but I don't know if there are DEX and PSY units in there too.

RalchAC

I think it's the Shichibukai, although I'm not sure exactly what units it includes. I know Moria (INT), Kuma (STR), and Jimbei (QUI) are all gatcha units, alongside the Sugo-only Hancock, but I don't know if there are DEX and PSY units in there too.

Well, we're probably getting Zephyr late this month or early in August. After that Ivankov should be late August / early September.

IMO they'll probably do a Sugofest without new units and then just do a Shichibukai event that has a Shichibukai based Sugofest, some stuff (maybe a Crocodile 2x drop chance?) and Doffy as a raid boss.

Qmzn

Neo Member
None of the other three are likely to see any use.

STR Chopper's special lets you tear through high-defense mobs, and acts as a minor damage boost against medium-defense enemies. In the few places where Chore Boy Helmeppo is used, such as Alvida, Chopper can usually be subbed if the rest of the crew is beefy enough.

Every so often there's a place to leverage his skill to make the game easier. For example, if a bunch of the high-defense STR pirates on Stage 9 of Expert Khalifa come in 1 round AT, I can use Chopper and not worry about dropping combo and getting hit. Alternatively, I can save him until stage 10, and kill Khalifa a little faster. Works nice with M.Chopper/Blamenco lead.

I'll agree though, QCK and PSY are pretty sad. QCK should have had a huge attack stat, PSY should have had huge attack and HP.

I have a crazy theory, that the way the OPTC devs will handle the timeskip is by adding an additional evolution to the v1 Strawhat pirates, and that third-evolution 5* QCK and PSY Chopper are going to be must-haves like GP Usopp. It would be a fantastic turnaround, a real kick in the teeth to the players that ditched Chopper evolutions they didn't like.

Mirage Nami is used for Zephyr, Knuckle Ensign for Khalifa, and Sengoku makes a bunch of mid-tier units useful. The devs seem to really like throwing the min-maxers a curveball from time to time, which is one of the things I like about this game.

RedBoot

I have a crazy theory, that the way the OPTC devs will handle the timeskip is by adding an additional evolution to the v1 Strawhat pirates, and that third-evolution 5* QCK and PSY Chopper are going to be must-haves like GP Usopp. It would be a fantastic turnaround, a real kick in the teeth to the players that ditched Chopper evolutions they didn't like.

Mirage Nami is used for Zephyr, Knuckle Ensign for Khalifa, and Sengoku makes a bunch of mid-tier units useful. The devs seem to really like throwing the min-maxers a curveball from time to time, which is one of the things I like about this game.

Yeah, I've noticed the same (and had my Knuckle Ensign ready for Kalifa). Wish I'd evolved Nami to Mirage instead of her last form, but I hadn't pulled Towel Nami at the time and had some use for her other form.

As for the timeskip, I was hoping for a couple of raid boss cycles dedicated to the Strawhats myself (introducing their timeskip forms). There's lots of ways they could handle it.

I'm waiting to see what happens when Raid Boss characters come up in the normal storyline. Monster Chopper should have a stage in Enies Lobby, for instance. Will they make a new version? I can't imagine they'd let the raid boss version drop.

RalchAC

Yeah, I've noticed the same (and had my Knuckle Ensign ready for Kalifa). Wish I'd evolved Nami to Mirage instead of her last form, but I hadn't pulled Towel Nami at the time and had some use for her other form.

As for the timeskip, I was hoping for a couple of raid boss cycles dedicated to the Strawhats myself (introducing their timeskip forms). There's lots of ways they could handle it.

I'm waiting to see what happens when Raid Boss characters come up in the normal storyline. Monster Chopper should have a stage in Enies Lobby, for instance. Will they make a new version? I can't imagine they'd let the raid boss version drop.

Mihawk didn't have a stage though, even if he is important to Krieg story arc. They could skip that part since its not that important. Maybe just show it in a cutscene.

I want a Zoroversion that uses Sogeking as a sword.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies

Yeah, the unit system being designed to ensure there are dozen and dozens of units that have some usefulness is really smart, and a big appeal to me.

Combining color and attack types ensures that even now, over a year after JP launch, there are still specific niches that need to be filled. Players are always on the hunt for that specific QCK brawler or DEX Striker, INT Shooter, or whatever. There's a lot of combinations to fill.

And then even after that, there's lots of edge-cases:

- Orb manipulators
- Lock breakers
- Healers
- Damage mitigators
- Turn delayers.
...and ideally you need all of these for multiple colors and multiple attack types, so they can be slotted into different teams, as necessary.

it's a really intelligently-designed balance between collectinging ~40+ workhorse AAA units like Mihawk, and Arlong, and then another ~40+ more "situational" units.

RedBoot

Mihawk didn't have a stage though, even if he is important to Krieg story arc. They could skip that part since its not that important. Maybe just show it in a cutscene.

Yeah, I was surprised they skipped over Mihawk completely during Baratie. And I'm guessing they'll skip Garp's post-Enies Lobby scene since we already got that story in his raid level. I'm guessing the recent Aokiji raid covered his post-Foxy story.

But there are a few characters who almost certainly will come up in story mode. Doflamingo, for once, though that's really far off. Blackbeard should have a fight in Impel Down. And Luffy even crosses paths with Mihawk briefly during Marineford, though I guess they could skip that easy enough.

They'll probably just make new versions. That's how Enel worked, though he was in story mode before he was a raid boss.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Monster Chopper should have a stage in Enies Lobby, for instance. Will they make a new version? I can't imagine they'd let the raid boss version drop.

I imagine he'll just show up, and either he won't drop anything, or he'll drop 3* PSY Chopper.

Although, really, I don't see the harm in giving him a chance to drop 4* Monster Chopper. That's a gold poster drop, so I'd peg the drop odds at something ridiculous, like 1 in 200.

There's a lot of other units I'm curious to see how they handle when they show in the story, like Fake Straw Hat pirates, Shirahoshi, Hody Jones, perhaps a 7* swiss-cheesed Whitebeard that starts the team with 10% health, loses 1000HP per turn, but gives 4x attack. :D

Cerity

Should be some fancy tandem attack.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Man, no super successes with the past like 50 turtles I've fed my guys. Then I feed a skill book to max Luffy and he gets a super success. Thanks game. Any amount of super successes would've gotten Marco to MAX. I am now at 97 with 20k to go to the next level.

chrono01

Nice:

Got the final upgrade on my second try :D.
Congrats! Nice feeling, huh?

I hate farming Broggy.

That fucker has too much HP ;_;
It's not so much the HP that bothers me, it's the fact that he WON'T drop for me! I've lost count of how many times I've run that place...

Man, no super successes with the past like 50 turtles I've fed my guys. Then I feed a skill book to max Luffy and he gets a super success. Thanks game. Any amount of super successes would've gotten Marco to MAX. I am now at 97 with 20k to go to the next level.
I'm pretty sure the Super Success rate is a lie. I get just as many "Super Success" outside of the event than when it's going on, but maybe I'm just unlucky.

Kumo

I'm pretty sure the Super Success rate is a lie. I get just as many "Super Success" outside of the event than when it's going on, but maybe I'm just unlucky.

Nah, I noticed the super success rate on regular days is pretty uncommon and now it's slightly less uncommon. Seems like I almost never get it when I use 5 elders.The skill up event is wayyy better.

I managed to max out my Garp today (my first max skill max level character) and I'm four levels away from maxing my Marco. The rest of my Zephyr team is in their mid 60s so I should be able to max them during the next turtle time with possible exception to V2 Coby who maxes at 99 instead of 70 like V2 Usopp and Bon Clay.

As a side note, I can't be convinced Jozu skill books exist in Kalifa's island. I've gotten more Balloon Luffy and Kuribo skill books than I would ever need (or want) and the occasional Blamenco book but I haven't seen a single Jozu book yet. I'm assuming they either drop from a QCK unit which there is typically like one of them per run and the odds of that unit dropping anything and that drop being a skill book is slim or the drop is a skillbook drop solely from Kalifa. I'm only curious because having a low Jozu cooldown will probably be useful against the Doflamingo raid.

chrono01

I managed to max out my Garp today (my first max skill max level character) and I'm four levels away from maxing my Marco. The rest of my Zephyr team is in their mid 60s so I should be able to max them during the next turtle time with possible exception to V2 Coby who maxes at 99 instead of 70 like V2 Usopp and Bon Clay.

As a side note, I can't be convinced Jozu skill books exist in Kalifa's island. I've gotten more Balloon Luffy and Kuribo skill books than I would ever need (or want) and the occasional Blamenco book but I haven't seen a single Jozu book yet. I'm assuming they either drop from a QCK unit which there is typically like one of them per run and the odds of that unit dropping anything and that drop being a skill book is slim or the drop is a skillbook drop solely from Kalifa. I'm only curious because having a low Jozu cooldown will probably be useful against the Doflamingo raid.
Congrats on the Garp!I'm a bit behind in both him and Marco [both around Level 50], but I'm planning on gemming a few times during the next Yellow Turtle Invasion, so hopefully I can get them to around 70 or so [if I'm lucky with Elder Turtles]. I'm not sure what my other PSY units will be. Obviously, Coby V2 will be in there, and I have a Urogue I could level. He wouldn't have any chemistry with the other PSY units, but his stats are nice at least.

As for the Jozu skillbooks, I have noticed that they're pretty rare. I've run Expert Kalifa maybe...8 times, and I have 3 books. I don't even have a Jozu yet, but I hope to pull him during the next Sugofest.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh wow I didn't even realize I had the unevolved form of Impact Usopp. I doubt I'll be able to get him to a decent level before Zephyr but it's good to know I have him.

chrono01

Oh wow I didn't even realize I had the unevolved form of Impact Usopp. I doubt I'll be able to get him to a decent level before Zephyr but it's good to know I have him.
Nice, I still want him for my PSY team. MAYBE SUGOFEST!

...All of my hopes on Sugofest.

I'm pulling for Rayleigh, Impact Usopp, Marco, Robin, Izo, any Supernova, Mirage Nami (stupidly evo'd her) or even Mr. 2.

Knowing my luck, I'll get 3 Coby v1s and 4 Mr. Princes.

Wazzy

Banned
So Marco is now 80 and Garp is 67.

Levelling Garp up is crazy annoying and of course I only get a super success when I use 5 teens and not 5 elders. :/

I know you'll get at least one of them!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm pulling for the 2 Jackpots and the new characters. I have pretty much any remotely good character from previous batches.

Uggg! I fell asleep while waiting for my 1am TT. I missed 20 minutes of it, so I only got 4 runs in. At least I got double Elders twice during that. 12 Babies, 3 Adults, 5 Elders.

Top Bottom