• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

So apparently every sugofest I pull one good unit but I pull it three times. Last sugofest it was three Marcos and the one before that it was three Shanks so naturally I fully expect to pull three Rayleighs this sugofest.

Wazzy

Banned
Yay got a super success with my elders on Marco so it brought him from 87 to 94. I put the rest into Garp who is 69 now. My TT tomorrow will probably go all to Garp so I can at least have him in the 70's before Zephyr.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
o1ANKPd.jpg

I missed this morning's turtle time because I was a team event with a friend, otherwise that whole damn team and maybe even Shanks would be close to max. I don't know who I should level up next. Probably Monster Chopper.

chrono01

So apparently every sugofest I pull one good unit but I pull it three times. Last sugofest it was three Marcos and the one before that it was three Shanks so naturally I fully expect to pull three Rayleighs this sugofest.
Sounds about right. I believe in you.

Watch me be the only person who doesn't get Rayleigh. ;_;

Yay got a super success with my elders on Marco so it brought him from 87 to 94. I put the rest into Garp who is 69 now. My TT tomorrow will probably go all to Garp so I can at least have him in the 70's before Zephyr.
Very nice! My Garp is around 70 and Marco 50. I have a bit of ways to go, but I'm patient. I'll probably gem once or twice tonight during TT, we'll see.

o1ANKPd.jpg

I missed this morning's turtle time because I was a team event with a friend, otherwise that whole damn team and maybe even Shanks would be close to max. I don't know who I should level up next. Probably Monster Chopper.
Next priority should be the Rayleigh you pick up on Tuesday, TBQH.

My goal for Sugofest is to continue pulling until I get three of the advertised units, ideally Rayleigh/Whitebeard, Kid and Apuu [wouldn't that be amazing?]. Any more beyond that and it just gives me a greater chance to pull repeats, which I'd really like to avoid. Obviously ones outside of the Sugofest, such as Robin [who I'd LOVE to finally get], don't count towards the three. Once I reach my limit I'll stop and wait for the next Sugofest, where Whitebeard/Rayleigh will be available again, along with a new batch of units [I still need a few Whitebeard, such as Jozu/Vista, so if the next is indeed a Whitebeard/Supernova batch as many expect...].

But please, God Usopp. Give me Rayleigh.

Qmzn

Neo Member
So Garp's Team is Best Team?

Sort of. It's what most people will be using to farm, I think.

There's two main ways to do 2x Garp, either drawing it out with Mirage Nami and Alvida specials with increased cooldown, or going for burst damage, which requires V2 Coby, Mr.2, and Impact Usopp, level 80+ on the units that can go that high, max level on the rest. Urogue is used as the last unit for big damage and HP, plus a damage nuke, but Shanks could probably sub in if you have him and both Garps at Lv. 90+. Probably.

The Alvida/Nami run involves careful management of specials to get in as many turns as possible, while the key to the Garp burst team is to eat around 4000HP of meat throughout the run and/or during the second Garp special, which allows the team to tank one last Zephyr hit when Zephyr is just above 20% HP.

Best team in my opinion is really Marco/Marco. Round 2, pop V2 Coby, Garp, Impact Usopp, kaboom, dead Zephyr. Only for those that farmed to lower Garp's cooldown, though.

Wazzy

Banned
Very nice! My Garp is around 70 and Marco 50. I have a bit of ways to go, but I'm patient. I'll probably gem once or twice tonight during TT, we'll see.

But please, God Usopp. Give me Rayleigh.
Nice! Let's hope we can get a Zephyr team before he arrives.
o1ANKPd.jpg

Christ you're on a roll for maxing characters. Congratz!

chrono01

I give up on Turtle Time. 5 runs this morning (didn't have time to gem) and another 9 runs just then and only like...three Elders to show for it. Not a single invade during the more recent TT with 9 straight runs. Lots of Small Turtles though, with many of the runs being the "guaranteed" 4x Small Turtles + 1x Medium Turtle.

It's bad enough to waste stamina on nothing but Small Turtles, but when you use Rainbow Gems to restore stamina and waste even more, it's even more heart-breaking. ;_;

But then, it would take forever to level up the units. I wish we got these Turtle Times more regularly. Maybe this is the start? We can hope.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I give up on Turtle Time. 5 runs this morning (didn't have time to gem) and another 9 runs just then and only like...three Elders to show for it. Not a single invade during the more recent TT with 9 straight runs. Lots of Small Turtles though, with many of the runs being the "guaranteed" 4x Small Turtles + 1x Medium Turtle.

It's bad enough to waste stamina on nothing but Small Turtles, but when you use Rainbow Gems to restore stamina and waste even more, it's even more heart-breaking. ;_;

But then, it would take forever to level up the units. I wish we got these Turtle Times more regularly. Maybe this is the start? We can hope.

I hate to repeat myself - but i think the box size is again a mayor issue here. We would be fine with Baby turtles if we would have the space to keep them and use them on Pigs if needed....but right this just isnt possible - almost nobody uses his keys because we dont have enough space to use the system effectively.

Hope this changes with the next update.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Gonna have to roll with Garp/Nami/Alvida/Coby/GOD Usopp for Zephyr.

I have an evolved Urogue but he's low-ish level and I don't really know how to do the math on whether I can swap him in for Nami or Alvida or not.

chrono01

I hate to repeat myself - but i think the box size is again a mayor issue here. We would be fine with Baby turtles if we would have the space to keep them and use them on Pigs if needed....but right this just isnt possible - almost nobody uses his keys because we dont have enough space to use the system effectively.

Hope this changes with the next update.
I really hope so.

You're right in not using the keys, I think I have something like 42 last I checked. :/

I think I'm pretty much set for Zephyr. I'll have to save all my turtles for tomorrow for my sugofest pulls in case I get anything good, if not then I'll just max Coby.

Don't forget to switch your captains to your purple turtle killers!

chrono01

I think I'm pretty much set for Zephyr. I'll have to save all my turtles for tomorrow for my sugofest pulls in case I get anything good, if not then I'll just max Coby.

Don't forget to switch your captains to your purple turtle killers!
Wow, that's insane team right there. I hope to get Impact Dial Usopp during Sugofest, I have quite a few skillbooks for him too. :/

And thanks for reminding me. My Marco is only Level 55 [IIRC], but I'll put him up regardless for his Captain Ability.

Wow, that's insane team right there. I hope to get Impact Dial Usopp during Sugofest, I have quite a few skillbooks for him too. :/

And thanks for reminding me. My Marco is only Level 55 [IIRC], but I'll put him up regardless for his Captain Ability.

Unevolved Dial Usopp is a silver poster pull so you'll probably get him at some point whether you like it or not so long as you're pulling.

Ferga

Oh my god. I just realised.

One of Duval's evolution paths to 5 star is "Plastic Surgery Sanji"

Had a good chuckle at that.

Tidd

Woah, Mihawk training island is tonight/tomorrow morning. O.O Thought it would be on Tuesday but that's a nice surprise for me. I hope I can beat it. I mean with the characters I have it should be doable, but I'm not sure. xD And then I can waste 109 cola for Usopp. :D

cw_sasuke

I think if you're using Garp you need Mirage Tempo Nami and Alvida.

Can this Garp team clear him without stoning ?

Woah, Mihawk training island is tonight/tomorrow morning. O.O Thought it would be on Tuesday but that's a nice surprise for me. I hope I can beat it. I mean with the characters I have it should be doable, but I'm not sure. xD And then I can waste 109 cola for Usopp. :D

Will be a fun challenge considering it doesnt cost any stamina...so thats cool. G3 teams should be able to clear it i guess.

Ugh just died on Khalifa cause I didn't pay enough attention to turn count and reached her with 2 turns left on Blameco. :|

Hate it when I die on a round that's supposed to level me, now I'm stuck with 0 sta & 5k exp left to the next level..

chrono01

Ready to unleash 8 pulls.

Tomorrow, Rayleigh shall be mine.

8 TIMES COBY IMMINENT
I just remembered that I'll probably be raiding [in FFXIV] just as Sugofest goes live, so I likely won't be able to pull just as you all are. I might be finishd by then [we start at 6PM my time and Sugofest starts three hours later], but if not, I'll recruit as soon as I'm finished and post each outcome here [along with my despair of not getting Rayleigh].

I'm going to be honest, I really don't think I'll manage Rayleigh [or Whitebeard, for that matter], but if I can get a few great characters [such as Kid] then I'll be happy. A Nico Robin/Impact Usopp would be nice too...

so..what was the data my phone just downloaded? Hawk Island and and New Chars...or maybe a returning mihawk? :D
The game downloaded that complimentary Rayleigh into all of our accounts. To claim, do a single recruit once Sugofest begins.

Enjoy.

Ugh just died on Khalifa cause I didn't pay enough attention to turn count and reached her with 2 turns left on Blameco. :|

Hate it when I die on a round that's supposed to level me, now I'm stuck with 0 sta & 5k exp left to the next level..
I was close to leveling up this afternoon for my turtle time [three more runs would have been enough], so I couldn't/wouldn't gem, not with all of the wasted stamina I would have lost if I did. My plan is to level naturally tonight during the day's second turtle time and then afterwards gem. My Garp is juuuust about Level 70, so once he reaches there I'll focus a bit more on Marco until he hits 70 [he's 53 now, IIRC]. Other than that, My Coby V2 is something like Level 78, and I don't have Impact Usopp/Mr. 2.

Things aren't looking good for Zephyr. :(

do we know how thw whole smail/cotton candy thing is going to work?
Assuming it's the same as the JPN version [it should be], you just click on the snails when they spawn in the overworld, send out a tweet [need to have a Twitter account linked, you might want to create a dummy one just for Treasure Cruise so you don't always spam your followers], and get a reward. As for the cotton candy itself, different coloring improve your stats to a specific cap.

Red = +2 STR [indicated by +1 ATK]
Orange = + 5HP [indicated by +1 HP]
Green = +1 RCV [indicated by +1 RCV]
Gold = +2 STR/HP/RCV [indicated by +1 to STR/HP/RCV, so +3 total]

The total cap for cotton candy is +200 overall and +100 for any individual stat. It's best to save the + RCV cotton candy for units with high RCV, such as Vivi, since you primarily want to reach the cap on STR/HP on characters that rely on damage, so as not to waste your stat allocation on + RCV. If done right, you can increase your hard-hitting characters by +500 HP/+200 ATK, if you only feed them Red/Orange cotton candy until they reach their cap.

Majukun

Assuming it's the same as the JPN version [it should be], you just click on the snails when they spawn in the overworld, send out a tweet [need to have a Twitter account linked, you might want to create a dummy one just for Treasure Cruise so you don't always spam your followers], and get a reward. As for the cotton candy itself, different coloring improve your stats to a specific cap.

Red = +2 STR [indicated by +1 ATK]
Orange = + 5HP [indicated by +1 HP]
Green = +1 RCV [indicated by +1 RCV]
Gold = +2 STR/HP/RCV [indicated by +1 to STR/HP/RCV, so +3 total]

The total cap for cotton candy is +200 overall and +100 for any individual stat. It's best to save the + RCV cotton candy for units with high RCV, such as Vivi, since you primarily want to reach the cap on STR/HP on characters that rely on damage, so as not to waste your stat allocation on + RCV. If done right, you can increase your hard-hitting characters by +500 HP/+200 ATK, if you only feed them Red/Orange cotton candy until they reach their cap.
in the overwoorld you mean on the island selection screen?how many are gonna spawn in a day?

Cerity

I've done this a couple times lol, when doing this farming my mind just goes into this auto pilot mode. Even when I've stalled enough for the cooldowns, I've forgotten to activate their skills and just kept tapping.

cw_sasuke

I hope I get Rayleigh, not sure if 60 gems is going to be enough though.
I have enough for 5 or 6 pulls, don't expect much but if I could get WB, Rayleigh, Kidd or Robin I would be more than pleased... This are the only units I still need or could use.

Dawg

I just remembered that I'll probably be raiding [in FFXIV] just as Sugofest goes live, so I likely won't be able to pull just as you all are. I might be finishd by then [we start at 6PM my time and Sugofest starts three hours later], but if not, I'll recruit as soon as I'm finished and post each outcome here [along with my despair of not getting Rayleigh].

I'll probably be at work. I'll delay the pulls until I get home
to make sure I don't get a nervous breakdown at work

I've been working all week to try to find a way to beat Mihawk when he comes back around and.....I've got nothing.

Without G3, it's proving almost impossible to get anything done. I thought I could work something out with Monster Chopper, but then I figured out there's another guy that does Pre-emptive damage on Stage 3 and that went all to crap.

I've got the Gaimon strategy that Qmzn posted about a while back, which would be quicker than Laboon, but it would be nice to have something faster. Oh well, maybe I'll pull a Kidd tomorrow.

Qmzn

Neo Member
To summarize Garp teams for Zephyr, GP/Nami/Alvida is used if you don't have Garp's special at or near MAX, while Impact/Coby/Mr.2 is used if you have low cooldowns and very high levels.

Both require careful timing and Garp meat to burst out the last 20%.

I've been working all week to try to find a way to beat Mihawk when he comes back around and.....I've got nothing.

If I were in your boots, I'd bring all the DEX porc and Elder Turtle you can to the party, plus Mihawk's evolver set. Vivi/Laboon your first Mihawk, immediately evolve, and go from there. If you can rush that 6.25 slasher down, that plus MAX Merry and a Lv. 80 Arlong should be overkill with the Gaimon strat. It'll take longer than pure burst, but it'll get the farming done. At least you'll never have to do it again.

Last time I crunched the numbers, I was fairly certain MAX Arlong captain and Lv. 80+ Mihawk friend plus MAX Merry could pull it off with an unevolved Mihawk in tow. It's worth a shot if you can't shotgun the evolution day-of.

It's rough, I know. Maybe you'll get G3 or Kidd during Sugo. Best of luck to you.

chrono01

you're welcome
2 keys for me

any other gold chest that wants to tap?
Nice, always happy to give a fellow GAF member keys (even if it is beyond my control).

I still have 3 attempts here too, if any 0/5 users are interested. I'll be unavailable for the next 30 minutes or so, but I'll check back then.

If I were in your boots, I'd bring all the DEX porc and Elder Turtle you can to the party, plus Mihawk's evolver set. Vivi/Laboon your first Mihawk, immediately evolve, and go from there. If you can rush that 6.25 slasher down, that plus MAX Merry and a Lv. 80 Arlong should be overkill with the Gaimon strat. It'll take longer than pure burst, but it'll get the farming done. At least you'll never have to do it again.

Last time I crunched the numbers, I was fairly certain MAX Arlong captain and Lv. 80+ Mihawk friend plus MAX Merry could pull it off with an unevolved Mihawk in tow. It's worth a shot if you can't shotgun the evolution day-of.

It's rough, I know. Maybe you'll get G3 or Kidd during Sugo. Best of luck to you.

Oh, sorry, I should have been more clear: I already got him from last time. I could make that strategy work for sure, but I just wanted to try to work something out for farming him more quickly. I'm still going to try to work something else out, but your strategy will work for now.

Without G3, it's proving almost impossible to get anything done. I thought I could work something out with Monster Chopper, but then I figured out there's another guy that does Pre-emptive damage on Stage 3 and that went all to crap.

I've got the Gaimon strategy that Qmzn posted about a while back, which would be quicker than Laboon, but it would be nice to have something faster. Oh well, maybe I'll pull a Kidd tomorrow.

Monster Chopper should work. Just use 2x Chopper, Arlong, GP Usopp and 2 high HP filler units (like Mihawk and Smoker) to get to 6k HP. You could also use Tsuru as one of the filler units to heal back after the first pre-emptive, if you got her cooldown low enough.

If neither of those work for you, replace the friend MC with a friend G3 in that team and you'll be golden.

Monster Chopper should work. Just use 2x Chopper, Arlong, GP Usopp and 2 high HP filler units (like Mihawk and Smoker) to get to 6k HP. You could also use Tsuru as one of the filler units to heal back after the first pre-emptive, if you got her cooldown low enough.

If neither of those work for you, replace the friend MC with a friend G3 in that team and you'll be golden.

Only problem is that my GP Usopp isn't max leveled, so he has a 13 turn special (I'm quite unlucky sometimes). I can't remember really, but is it possible to stall him out that much?

Top Bottom