• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Man I keep getting two Marco books during a single run.

Really makes up for those times when a run gives me nothing good.

At 24 Marco Books now .. my poor box space.

awake

Can someone explain why I can not use any friends captains when I've used a few already? It seems like there is some cap or something on how often I can use my friends captains.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Can someone explain why I can not use any friends captains when I've used a few already? It seems like there is some cap or something on how often I can use my friends captains.
the people you use need to log in again before they show up again.

I don't think so. Maybe he is not using the captain you want. Lately I've been using his level 92 Trafalgar Law, I think.

Oh wait, he's still in my friend list.

I just haven't seen him at the top of my list recently when picking captains, as I have it sorted by player level I'm sorta used to seeing him there.

RalchAC

My first try to get Merry to level 10 (i'm at 9 at the moment) has failed. I have 8 Cola, so tonight I should be able to give it a try if I get another one in my Lucci runs.

I'm not going to try to get Mihawk's ship until that damn ship is at level 10.

RalchAC

I'm at level 8 and have failed three times so far. Let's see how many tries it will take.. :D

How long have you been playing? I'm almost at 170 days and I still haven't got my Merry to MAX :(

At least we get cola super frequently now, transponder snails really change up how badly a loss feels.

The snails are a JP thing too or just a Global feature? TBH I've created a Twitter account just for the snails. I refuse to spam those OPTC tweets.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Just got a Boa Hancock in JP Sabofest. The list grows! :D

EDIT: Now a Whitebeard. It's painful to see how rare these units are. I'm never gonna get them in global. :p

Sometimes captains re-appear for me if I restart the app btw, what's up with that?

Clicking past the title screen causes friend captain data to be refreshed with the game servers. This primarily does two things--it makes the captain of your last active crew available to your friends, and refreshes your friends list.

Entering (but not necessarily completing) a stage is slightly different--it makes that captain of the crew you used available to your friends, but it doesn't refresh your friends list.

You can do get to the title screen friends list refresh without restarting the app--at the very bottom of the rightmost menu, where all the options are, the last option is "Return To Title". I use this all the time to refresh the friends list, especially on raid boss days, to keep the list populated with the other players that are farming.

While we're talking potential Treasure Cruise "protips", it seems one to five snails can appear at any time, on islands on the island select screen, as well as in the extra island menu. Spending stamina rerolls the spawn. You can only redeem five snails a day. However, if you take less than five snails, then spend stamina to change the spawn, five snails can still appear. Once you take the fifth daily snail reward, the extra snails disappear, though--probably based on message from the server saying, "hey, don't let this user ID redeem any more snails".

Still, I'm thinking there's a way around this, because I could swear I redeemed 6 a couple days ago. I think it might have to do with the snails being within the same zone, because the game doesn't trigger a reload of the island map (and perhaps the snails as well) unless you cross a zone or enter extra island.

Going to do more testing the next few days, but I'm thinking that if a player redeems four snails, then tries to get as many as possible to spawn in East Blue, they could potentially get many more than five.

How long have you been playing? I'm almost at 170 days and I still haven't got my Merry to MAX :(

The snails are a JP thing too or just a Global feature? TBH I've created a Twitter account just for the snails. I refuse to spam those OPTC tweets.

I did the same thing, "neoriceisspam" or something. The entire account is just snail tweets.

Unrelated, it's weird how I either get no Marco skillbooks at all .. or two at a time!

This is the 2nd time today I got 2 marco skillbooks from a run. Hahah.

Man you guys getting Marco skill books lol I'm getting Gin skill books all the time ;___;

Just dumping them to my Smoker so I can get last version of him.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Beat the story at plvl 44. Guess I will start farming events! (Even though I still can't use all my good units due to team cost)

RalchAC

I did the same thing, "neoriceisspam" or something. The entire account is just snail tweets.

Unrelated, it's weird how I either get no Marco skillbooks at all .. or two at a time!

This is the 2nd time today I got 2 marco skillbooks from a run. Hahah.

Just like mine then

Man you guys getting Marco skill books lol I'm getting Gin skill books all the time ;___;

Just dumping them to my Smoker so I can get last version of him.

Are you using Smoker on your Lucci DEX team?

I was using him for a while, but I discovered it was faster to use this setup.

Law / Zoro
Izo / Khaliffa
Mihawk / Pauli

If I had a Law my damage would be higher, but 900k damage in 2 turns is not bad considering half my crew is around 40-50.

Beat the story at plvl 44. Guess I will start farming events! (Even though I still can't use all my good units due to team cost)

You should farm Buggy in his Event Island if posible! The 2x boost to INT will be useful if you want to try to run Franky 15STA Island which should have a color restriction.

As soon as you get one go back to Lucci island, it gives a quite better EXP / Stamina ratio.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
You should farm Buggy in his Event Island if posible! The 2x boost to INT will be useful if you want to try to run Franky 15STA Island which should have a color restriction.

As soon as you get one go back to Lucci island, it gives a quite better EXP / Stamina ratio.

I was abe to beat the third difficulty. Is this like other games where the higher the difficulty, the more likely it is to drop? Hoping I don't have to do the hardest one.

I also don't see a lucci island. The highest of have is nanohana rainbase.

Are you using Smoker on your Lucci DEX team?

I was using him for a while, but I discovered it was faster to use this setup.

Law / Zoro
Izo / Khaliffa
Mihawk / Pauli

If I had a Law my damage would be higher, but 900k damage in 2 turns is not bad considering half my crew is around 40-50.
My Law is not evolved yet, so won't be as useful lol
Kind of gotten into the strategy of using Smoker's whiteout to defend against Lucci's tactum combo so I'll keep him on lol
I was abe to beat the third difficulty. Is this like other games where the higher the difficulty, the more likely it is to drop? Hoping I don't have to do the hardest one.

On the right side of your screen before you enter any island there's an "Extra Isle" part click on that to get currently Lucci's challenges and Buggy as well as golden cave for extra Belli

Edit: You'll also have a chance to get Lulu and Kaku in Lucci's challenges

RalchAC

Yeah, the higher the difficulty the more likely it's to drop.

It's an Event too. Lucci is a quite good QCK Slasher and gives a 2x ATK bonus to QCK, so it's an interesting unit to have too. You'd need to be able to use a full DEX team in order to do the 15 and 30 stamina stages, which can be a problem.

Yeah, the higher the difficulty the more likely it's to drop.

It's an Event too. Lucci is a quite good QCK Slasher and gives a 2x ATK bonus to QCK, so it's an interesting unit to have too. You'd need to be able to use a full DEX team in order to do the 15 and 30 stamina stages, which can be a problem.

Albeit it's rare, you can get Lucci from 5 or 10 stamina as well.

I did 5 stamina for a short while to get a blue hermit to evolve kaku & actually had a Lucci drop iirc.

Qmzn

Neo Member
What do I do with wolf swords manuals? I keep getting them instead of the event characters.

You can either save them, which I wouldn't really recommend, or feed them to a lower-level unit. They give 5000 XP apiece, which is decent.

All right, here's all the accounts I got that I think are worth a damn during JP Sugofest, sorted by legendary unit. I'm only listing gacha-only or high-tier characters. (E) denotes an evolved character. Open to anyone, before they slip into the ether in a week.

Rayleigh, Apoo (E), Apoo x2 (Apoofest)

Whitebeard, Whitey Bay (E), Inazuma (E), SW Zoro, SW Chopper (rare gacha unit explosion)
Whitebeard, Law, Arlong

Sengoku, SW Ace (2x legendary)

Boa, Law, Curiel (would have been CRAZY good if I had pulled Sabo)

SW Shanks, Hack, Apoo, Wolf Swords Zoro
SW Shanks, Inazuma, Doma, Bon Clay (E), Bon Clay

Marco, Log Usopp, Koala, Bon Clay

Already taken:
Rayleigh, Marco (2x legendary)
Rayleigh, Ivankov, Squard

Rerolling was crazy educational on how the rate-ups actually play out, and has changed my strategies slightly on when to pull rare recruits, and how many to pull. I would recommend everyone try it at least once if you can, even if you're not going to keep the accounts.

RalchAC

You can either save them, which I wouldn't really recommend, or feed them to a lower-level unit. They give 5000 XP apiece, which is decent.

All right, here's all the accounts I got that I think are worth a damn during JP Sugofest, sorted by legendary unit. I'm only listing gacha-only or high-tier characters. (E) denotes an evolved character. Open to anyone, before they slip into the ether in a week.

Rayleigh, Apoo (E), Apoo x2 (Apoofest)

Whitebeard, Whitey Bay (E), Inazuma (E), SW Zoro, SW Chopper (rare gacha unit explosion)
Whitebeard, Law, Arlong

Sengoku, SW Ace (2x legendary)

Boa, Law, Curiel (would have been CRAZY good if I had pulled Sabo)

SW Shanks, Hack, Apoo, Wolf Swords Zoro
SW Shanks, Inazuma, Doma, Bon Clay (E), Bon Clay

Marco, Log Usopp, Koala, Bon Clay

Rerolling was crazy educational on how the rate-ups actually play out, and has changed my strategies slightly on when to pull rare recruits, and how many to pull. I would recommend everyone try it at least once if you can, even if you're not going to keep the accounts.

I tried to download the JP version but for some reason I couldn't download all the data needed for launching the game. An error happened when I was around 70% in the tap to get gems screen.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I tried to download the JP version but for some reason I couldn't download all the data needed for launching the game. An error happened when I was around 70% in the tap to get gems screen.

Aw, that's really weird. I hope you can get it sorted out. If you need longer than a week, I can probably generate some fresh codes for the account you want.

I hate to say it, but JP version right now is kid-in-a-candy-store with Cap'n Sabo and all these people with awesome pulls in the guest lists. I can go through rookie fortnights with just Sabo and a "freedom" friend like Alvida or Koala, and I'm pretty sure I could do Veteran with a little luck.

His idle animation is now one of my favorites. He just tugs on the glove on his left hand, like, "This is the hand that's gonna mess you up bad. Real bad. Oh wait, nevermind, I'm just gonna hit you with this pipe like Haggar from Final Fight."

I'm may have to save every freakin' gem from now until he lands in Global, just to take the best crack at pulling him.

Also, interesting note about the JP version... you don't have to spend stamina to respawn snails--just duck in and out of Extra Island. Wondering when that'll get patched into global.

RalchAC

I'm part of the cool kids club now!

iYjK3ve.jpg

I think I just needed like 3 tries from level 9 to 10.

Qmzn

Neo Member
The animations of some of the newer characters in the JP version are so awesomely over-the-top. Unevolved Marco does Liu Kang's flying kick, Summertime Luffy does these little stretchy-leg hop kicks in place, and unevolved Strong World Shanks swings his gun like Strider Hiryu's sword. Ivankov, of course, just winks from a distance.

Everything just feels more dramatic with any of the newer characters. There's that enemy-smashing Mihawk feel when using them.

In other words, the OP:TC sprite team is really at the top of their game. I can't wait to see the New World designs.

Also,
Enies Lobby
. Getting dangerously close to that
Thousand Sunny

Dawg

Mine should be up now as well, don't forget to go back to the title screen to refresh your friends list.

Sorry, I had it for 90 minutes or so and I finally thought you had already used it.

Somebody else seems to have put it BTW.

Apologies for the long wait. Seemed like I was busy every time someone would put a cannoneer up ;P Finally got it now!

Now all that remains is farming Miss Monday and finding out how to do that 400K damage mission. Anyone got any advice for the latter?

RalchAC

The animations of some of the newer characters in the JP version are so awesomely over-the-top. Unevolved Marco does Liu Kang's flying kick, Summertime Luffy does these little stretchy-leg hop kicks in place, and unevolved Strong World Shanks swings his gun like Strider Hiryu's sword. Ivankov, of course, just winks from a distance.

Everything just feels more dramatic with any of the newer characters. There's that enemy-smashing Mihawk feel when using them.

In other words, the OP:TC sprite team is really at the top of their game. I can't wait to see the New World designs.

Also,
Enies Lobby
. Getting dangerously close to that
Thousand Sunny

They aren't doing a separate chapter for the Umi Resha? I thought they'd try to space that arc as much as posible. Maybe I was wrong.

BTW how is Summer Luffy?

Apologies for the long wait. Seemed like I was busy every time someone would put a cannoneer up ;P Finally got it now!

Now all that remains is farming Miss Monday and finding out how to do that 400K damage mission. Anyone got any advice for the latter?

Dual G3 team with Penguins for building his captain effect?

RalchAC

Fuck. My DEX team (Law / Zoro leads) damage has gone from around 450k to around 600k after the last Merry upgrade with all. All orbs matched, but no orb booster like Coby / Kaku.

That 0.3x difference sure seems big :O

chrono01

0 and 5 are gold today again and i have one try left. Anyone up?
I am if you are. I don't believe we've broken barrels this week?

Fuck. My DEX team (Law / Zoro leads) damage has gone from around 450k to around 600k after the last Merry upgrade with all. All orbs matched, but no orb booster like Coby / Kaku.

That 0.3x difference sure seems big :O
Yeah, that extra 0.3x multiplier is deceptively powerful.

Kyou

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I GOT CROC TO DROP ON MY THIRD TRY!

EAT THAT RANDOM GENERATOR.
Yesterday I was planning to clean up drops I didnt have on Whiskey Peaks

"Let's see.... I need Miss Monday and Mr. 9"
*miss monday drops first try*
*mr. 9 drops first try*
"..."

edit:
I have no G3 :>

If you didn't notice, it's not 400k in one shot, it's over the entire level. If you come in with some 2/2.5x captains you can just wreck shit and get the achievement easy

bzzt

Neo Member

Do you still have Ray/Marco or Ray/Ivankov? The best pulls I got was Ray/Hack during the sugofest. I was only able to get 15 gems per try, though.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I have no G3 :>

You can ramp up to any major damage unit and get it. Just bring a hard hitter and a bunch of penguins, or sub out one of the penguins for Kaku or Coby.

When you get a matching orb on your heavy hitter, pop Coby/Kaku (you'll have to stall with penguins early to get the special), ramp up combo through the penguins, and take the "Doom" hit on your heavy. Should be more than enough when combined with other rounds.

They aren't doing a separate chapter for the Umi Resha? I thought they'd try to space that arc as much as posible.

I think they're really rushing stuff down. I'm imagining the train/Sogeking is going to be jammed into the first half of Enies Lobby. I mean, Thriller Bark is next, and like Water 7, they've already released 90% of the units that show up there. I wonder if they're going to release gacha-only Moria as a story drop...

BTW how is Summer Luffy?

Probably the best free unit they've handed out so far. He's a budget G3 as captain, he breaks lock and silence with his special, his stats are decent, and most importantly, he's another unit wearing an innertube that pumps his fist during combat, making him match Keimi nicely.

Only two things I can think of that would make him better--one, if you could reduce his special cooldown (but the odds of manuals are slim), and two, him being a Freedom unit, so he could work with Sabo and Ivankov.

It's worth noting that the ability system has brought some possible changes to the usefulness of earlier promo units. For example, Chopperman has five ability slots. Also, he is awesome. Kyun Spark is top-tier. Anyone that throws away Chopperman is a cold-hearted bastard. It also curses your account to terrible pulls, forever.

Anybody got a link to the JP apk?

You could try this: https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/?id=com.namcobandaigames.spmoja010.

Not sure if that will work. I installed the JP Android version with QooApp (then removed QooApp soon after because it put a pointless performance-sucking background process in place). I still have the 4.0.1 apk on my phone, and could throw it up on a free file host if all else fails.

By the way, RalchAC, if you're around--did you make sure you had at least 1 GB of space on internal storage on your Android device? The "tap" download for JP Treasure Cruise is now huge--over 800 MB, much larger than global--and it won't allow transfer to the SD card.

There'd better come a point where Bamco allows SD storage. I don't want to have to trick my phone into thinking SD = internal.

Do you still have Ray/Marco or Ray/Ivankov?

Yeah. I haven't given any accounts out yet.

I ended up doing my pulls as 15 gems, then if I got some decent units (or a legend), I grabbed the other 15 gems from the Sugofest promotion. So for anyone nabbing an account, you'll still need to get nab GP Usopp, Summer Luffy, and all the other Sugo rewards. I'll probably just copy/paste links to the redemption pages in the PM.

Dawg

Yesterday I was planning to clean up drops I didnt have on Whiskey Peaks

"Let's see.... I need Miss Monday and Mr. 9"
*miss monday drops first try*
*mr. 9 drops first try*
"..."

edit:

If you didn't notice, it's not 400k in one shot, it's over the entire level. If you come in with some 2/2.5x captains you can just wreck shit and get the achievement easy

You can ramp up to any major damage unit and get it. Just bring a hard hitter and a bunch of penguins, or sub out one of the penguins for Kaku or Coby.

When you get a matching orb on your heavy hitter, pop Coby/Kaku (you'll have to stall with penguins early to get the special), ramp up combo through the penguins, and take the "Doom" hit on your heavy. Should be more than enough when combined with other rounds.

I think they're really rushing stuff down. I'm imagining the train/Sogeking is going to be jammed into the first half of Enies Lobby. I mean, Thriller Bark is next, and like Water 7, they've already released 90% of the units that show up there. I wonder if they're going to release gacha-only Moria as a story drop...

Probably the best free unit they've handed out so far. He's a budget G3 as captain, he breaks lock and silence with his special, his stats are decent, and most importantly, he's another unit wearing an innertube that pumps his fist during combat, making him match Keimi nicely.

Only two things I can think of that would make him better--one, if you could reduce his special cooldown (but the odds of manuals are slim), and two, him being a Freedom unit, so he could work with Sabo and Ivankov.

It's worth noting that the ability system has brought some possible changes to the usefulness of earlier promo units. For example, Chopperman has five ability slots. Also, he is awesome. Kyun Spark is top-tier. Anyone that throws away Chopperman is a cold-hearted bastard. It also curses your account to terrible pulls, forever.

You could try this: https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/?id=com.namcobandaigames.spmoja010.

Not sure if that will work. I installed the JP Android version with QooApp (then removed QooApp soon after because it put a pointless performance-sucking background process in place). I still have the 4.0.1 apk on my phone, and could throw it up on a free file host if all else fails.

By the way, RalchAC, if you're around--did you make sure you had at least 1 GB of space on internal storage on your Android device? The "tap" download for JP Treasure Cruise is now huge--over 800 MB, much larger than global--and it won't allow transfer to the SD card.

There'd better come a point where Bamco allows SD storage. I don't want to have to trick my phone into thinking SD = internal.

Yeah. I haven't given any accounts out yet.

I ended up doing my pulls as 15 gems, then if I got some decent units (or a legend), I grabbed the other 15 gems from the Sugofest promotion. So for anyone nabbing an account, you'll still need to get nab GP Usopp, Summer Luffy, and all the other Sugo rewards. I'll probably just copy/paste links to the redemption pages in the PM.

Tried Two Vista's + 4 penguins = 250K damage ;_;

chrono01

Man, you guys an your Crocodile. I still need my first. ;_;

Congrats though!

Oh, which of these skillbook would you say is the least useful? Jozu, Impact Usopp, or Marco. I also have Robin, but I'm keeping those. I'm leaning more towards Impact Usopp, but not entirely sure. Ideally, I'd love to keep them all but I can't [space issues]. I could use the Marco skillbooks, but I hate using something useful outside of skill-up events. I've fused about 25 Kaku and haven't received a single skill-up. Yes, I'm being serious. :/

Top Bottom