• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is there a secret to leveling units in this game? I see turtles give a ton of exp but I'm plvl 42 and still haven't seen a turtle dungeon event.

Is there a secret to leveling units in this game? I see turtles give a ton of exp but I'm plvl 42 and still haven't seen a turtle dungeon event.

Turtles are usually on Mondays only(unless there is an event) you can check here for your times.

That said, as a newer player:
Focus on getting those free gems from islands
Level up
Hope for Mihawk to come back if you don't have him

Qmzn

Neo Member
Is that compulsive, obsessive? King of the mountain type of behaviour? I don't know. I think the comment about "dragging down the community" is harsh, but I'll leave that there.

Honestly, the thought that you had personally maxed Marco's skill and that my comments could be leveled specifically at you didn't cross my mind. Very sorry, for tactlessly failing to realize the implications behind what I wrote.

I don't see you as even being in remotely the same ballpark as toxic players, and certainly not obsessed. You just invest deeper into the game than most. I haven't seen any real toxicity forming in the OP:TC community, anyway, probably because of the oft-whimsical nature of One Piece, combined with a lack of competitive elements in the game. I was referring mostly to shooters, where I've run into players doggedly obsessed with being the ultimate top-tier god, willing to go as far as tampering with the game until all content is completely trivial, leaving sad, empty maps in their wake.

However, I do think it's up to developers and publishers of any game to prevent such attitudes through responsible design--a difficult thing to do, when it's often at odds with profitability.

The analogy to arcade games is an interesting one I hadn't thought of before, considering gems are roughly the cost of a continue in an arcade (or much less, if you go by Dave & Busters nowadays). "Insert Gem To Continue". I like the concept.

Still, a skilled player can play Donkey Kong for hours on a single credit. You could say the money spent on credits (or buying the machine outright) is equivalent to using the gacha to build a super team, but there's no RNG element involved in the cost of improving one's Donkey Kong, and you might even hit a personal skill plateau, halting progress no matter how much money is thrown at it.

Back to OP:TC, there's a part of me, perhaps foolishly optimistic, that believes the developers are trying to make this game more than just a tie-in cash grab like so many other F2P mobile games. The frame-by-frame sprites, the consistent quality of the character portraits--it doesn't feel like a front end for a slot machine, rather like a shop that sells these awesome little blind-box action figures that come with a mini-poster. Sometimes you get one for free, and the really rare ones even talk!

Someone seems to actually be giving a damn, even with the game's mechanics. I know there are those that might disagree, saying that the devs are just slapping similar abilities on new characters, committing the minimum amount of effort required to keep the gravy train rolling. What I think I see, though, is a struggle to appropriately stay within the framework of a character's known abilities in the One Piece universe. In a weird way, the game relies on the manga to introduce characters that could improve the gameplay balance. Hell, look at
Shanks
We still don't know what the hell he actually does, besides haki and swords and general badassery
. But when the time comes, it will be up to the devs to find a way to appropriately integrate the reveal.

I understand forming those interpretations is a challenge, but I'm sort of surprised there hasn't been a 50% total HP heal "Medic Chopper" or some such. There's a lot of damage reduction specials, many belonging to F2P units, but only one really decent heal special. Perhaps Marco's huge cooldown hints at a balancing issue with large-scale healing?

Kumo

As fivepersondude said, the only time to farm turtles is on Monday. Basically, input the 6th digit in your ID on that site to get your designated turtle times.

Also, you should work towards building a turtle farming team as it is extremely valuable for your units going forward. Start with a marine tandem team since they are completely farmable. They can clear each run in around 3 minutes or so I think, depending on RNG. Eventually you want to work your way up to a better turtle team (Mihawk is a solid unit for turtle farming, who is also farmable). When Fullbody becomes available to farm again, it's going to be crucial for you to max skill him since he's invaluable when it comes to turtle time.

chrono01

I've wondered how different this game would be for the global format if we didn't have Japan essentially beta testing the game for us. Or better yet, if we simply were caught up.

We know what raids are next, we know what fortnights are comings, we know what drops to expect, we know what units we should try to pull for, we know what evolvers to use, we know what gives what for XP, we know unit specials and their cooldowns, we know team compositions and even have videos showing runs which take continues and which don't. The entire strategy guide is already online already, so to that point is the game even fun anymore?

As someone mentioned in this thread, all the preparatory work we get to do could very well be the reason the box hasn't been upgraded. More space means being able to hold onto those rarer skillbooks, or whatever else on the off chance we acquire X to use it on. Or it could be simpler and it just hasn't happened yet because it hasn't.

I'm sorry QMZN but yes, as you've said 40 runs at Lucci isn't enough to max Marco, if that's your goal as a player. And I say that generally too to all players, myself included. The smart thing we all think would be would be to stash the books and wait for the next rate up. But again that's probably not till 3 weeks away, so you run yourself into a problem like Chrono has. However in the same sense 40 runs isn't enough, similarly 400 runs might not be enough if your luck is terrible. I know of a players who have done exactly that and sadly failed, but they're still going.

A hardline does exist though, it's between the player who wants just that one singular raid or fortnight boss unit and the player who wants to farm 100's of them. That's when the team make-up matters and yes, where the specials become more than "nigh-useless".

Is that compulsive, obsessive? King of the mountain type of behaviour? I don't know. I think the comment about "dragging down the community" is harsh, but I'll leave that there. But I see no difference in someone grinding through Dark Souls, endlessly playing Warcraft, or whatever other game said player gets enjoyment from. So yes the conversation of a $60 all-in game, or a monthly subscription game with expansions versus a game like this is definitely something to think about in terms of - is it worthwhile.

All I know is this game is more fun, at least for me personally, when everyone else succeeds. But if you're thinking this is anything but a thinly veiled slot machine, I don't think it pretends to be anything more than exactly that. Drops are pre-determined when you enter into a stage, pulls are pre-determined when you click "rare recruit". As players all we do is perform the required action to complete whatever it is we do in the game. Is that more skill than purchase? I don't know.

I look at this game as nothing more than an arcade machine I keep pumping quarters into. I could just as very well be playing Donkey Kong trying to get a kill screen. And in that same end, I don't regret it because I'm having fun, but I do look at the landscape ahead and see it not ending.

I see new units which don't really change much, other than being your favorite OP characters. I see 4.0 using dupes pulled during a sugo as being "less wasteful" if they weren't already that in our complaints when we pull. This is already becoming a lot of typing but to what Cloggerdude is saying the balance is there, but I think the game also scales to where certain pulled (or farmed) character expectations fall in place, or even not maxed but lowered cooldown for X unit do get to be requirements. I think that's fair in the sense of a difficulty, but even again... the game doesn't fault you for continuing and spending a gem, if the drop rate is 100%.

TL;DR - there isn't one.
I respect anyone who puts in as much devotion as yourself and a few others [such as Korial, 8bitforlife, etc.] do. I haven't spent as much as you guys, but I completely understand the want to do so, and you're supporting the developers which [in-turn] keeps the game going. That's a great thing. While I haven't personally spent a lot of money, I have sunk more than a decent/respectable amount of time into the game so far, and I'm happy I did. It's a lot of fun, and we've built a pretty amazing player-base on NeoGAF. it probably wouldn't be nearly as much fun without you all, even if a lot of of it to share grief over not getting a specific pull/skillbook/etc.

As for your comment on content, I agree. It'd be kind of nice not knowing what to expect, and to scramble to try to get a team together to clear a specific boss encounter. Sure, we could always avoid the sites with detailed walk-throughs and simply play through the game blind, but it's just not the same. I know we'll never catch up to the Japanese release, since they would essentially have to stop releasing anything for a long while for us to catch up, but I do wish/hope for a day where they release something through the Japanese/Global version at the same time. Sure, the Japanese playerbase would likely have an advantage [having more access to better units], but it would be fun regardless.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I respect anyone who puts in as much devotion as yourself and a few others [such as Korial, 8bitforlife, etc.] do. I haven't spent as much as you guys, but I completely understand the want to do so, and you're supporting the developers which [in-turn] keeps the game going. That's a great thing. While I haven't personally spent a lot of money, I have sunk more than a decent/respectable amount of time into the game so far, and I'm happy I did. It's a lot of fun, and we've built a pretty amazing player-base on NeoGAF. it probably wouldn't be nearly as much fun without you all, even if a lot of of it to share grief over not getting a specific pull/skillbook/etc.

As for your comment on content, I agree. It'd be kind of nice not knowing what to expect, and to scramble to try to get a team together to clear a specific boss encounter. Sure, we could always avoid the sites with detailed walk-throughs and simply play through the game blind, but it's just not the same. I know we'll never catch up to the Japanese release, since they would essentially have to stop releasing anything for a long while for us to catch up, but I do wish/hope for a day where they release something through the Japanese/Global version at the same time. Sure, the Japanese playerbase would likely have an advantage [having more access to better units], but it would be fun regardless.

I don't think I've accomplished anything truly significant in-game. While I do set soft goals, I'm just another player playing like everyone else. But thank you for reading my wall of text.

What works for me simply is my obsessive nature for over-grinding in RPGs, I absolutely love it. And that fact it uses the One Piece IP, all the better or maybe... all the worse for me. As the problem lies in all the characters and wanting so many of them, it's a giant Pokedex and a fair chunk of them are behind a rare recruit wall.

It's not that it becomes an impossible task, but more so an improbable one. Unless we all had 'gatcha god' Wazzy pulling for us, then I don't know. It's similar to even anyone farming Croc recently. I can tell you it took me 294 runs to drop him and again it's the improbability or probability of luck. Yet I think it's awesome when someone does it first time, 7th time, etc.

The luck is unquantifiable in this game but you need it. You need to be lucky.

But if, say, the luck is purely math based - if I had a complaint in the game it would be more so the % of success. I don't see the harm in marginally increasing it, when players are already feverishly doing all they can to succeed. Be it in pulls, or drops, or skill ups. I'm talking more than the general 12% rate to special level outside of the rate up, or Usopp drinking so much cola, for example. There is no real benefit to preventing a player from succeeding and that goes to what QMZN was talking about before.

There is a really cool social element when a sugo happens or even more so when everyone is farming on raid day. I think it's fun, but there can similarly be dismay as well and then that directly relates to a player quitting.

Majukun

I'm happy that we don't have a Sugofest this month, I had only 30 gems after farming mihawk... what the 3 kid brothers do other than being rare?

RalchAC

I'm happy that we don't have a Sugofest this month, I had only 30 gems after farming mihawk... what the 3 kid brothers do other than being rare?

Sabe has a cool special that increases the chance of getting PSY orbs. Ace reduces locking and Luffy does stuff with recovery I think. Nothing really special outside Sabo imo

Tidd

Sabe has a cool special that increases the chance of getting PSY orbs. Ace reduces locking and Luffy does stuff with recovery I think. Nothing really special outside Sabo imo

Which means don't pull because it isn't worth it! Always remember: Every yolo pull you do could be Rayleigh or Whitebeard in a Sugofest ;)

ElChado

Neo Member
I don't think I've accomplished anything truly significant in-game. While I do set soft goals, I'm just another player playing like everyone else. But thank you for reading my wall of text.

What works for me simply is my obsessive nature for over-grinding in RPGs, I absolutely love it. And that fact it uses the One Piece IP, all the better or maybe... all the worse for me. As the problem lies in all the characters and wanting so many of them, it's a giant Pokedex and a fair chunk of them are behind a rare recruit wall.

It's not that it becomes an impossible task, but more so an improbable one. Unless we all had 'gatcha god' Wazzy pulling for us, then I don't know. It's similar to even anyone farming Croc recently. I can tell you it took me 294 runs to drop him and again it's the improbability or probability of luck. Yet I think it's awesome when someone does it first time, 7th time, etc.

The luck is unquantifiable in this game but you need it. You need to be lucky.

But if, say, the luck is purely math based - if I had a complaint in the game it would be more so the % of success. I don't see the harm in marginally increasing it, when players are already feverishly doing all they can to succeed. Be it in pulls, or drops, or skill ups. I'm talking more than the general 12% rate to special level outside of the rate up, or Usopp drinking so much cola, for example. There is no real benefit to preventing a player from succeeding and that goes to what QMZN was talking about before.

There is a really cool social element when a sugo happens or even more so when everyone is farming on raid day. I think it's fun, but there can similarly be dismay as well and then that directly relates to a player quitting.

What I've seen suggested is an option that is harder to fulfill but has better odds overall.

Some gatcha games have a pull system where you can pull once, or you can pull 10 at once, and by doing the 10 pull you get a guaranteed 4 or 5 star unit, or even a free 11th. For example one piece dance battle does that and it becomes something where it feels useless to pull unless you can do the 10 pull.

I've always figured we should be able to use more than 5 units per power-up, and after so many manuals it should guarantee at least 1 skill up. Say the magic number was 10 again, and say we use marco as an example. it would mean you would need at worst 100 books to max him. That sounds terrible but at least you know flat out it's the absolute worst that could happen. It also changes the way we play as no one would want to use anything less than 10 books as you lose that guarantee, thus people may gem to get those last few remaining books to use a 10 pack before an island goes away.

The same could be used in the ship upgrades where you have to commit a certain amount of cola. It would certainly get rid of many peoples frustration with them when they keep failing, and if the amount of cola required was the same as say 10 attempts or so it would be just like they failed 9 times but got the 10th one to succeed almost like normal.

The problem with all these ideas is it's no longer 100% luck or % based. You can concretely write down the absolute most you would need and there's a 0% chance you will need anymore. Or perhaps it isn't a problem for us, but one for the investors and their investment.

chrono01

Yeah, Sugofests are great. As you said though, it can work in the opposite direction if you get nothing while others get all of the units you were after. It's still nice to see others having luck, though.

Personally, I go into each Sugofest expecting nothing, that way I'm not left disappointed.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I do wish/hope for a day where they release something through the Japanese/Global version at the same time. Sure, the Japanese playerbase would likely have an advantage [having more access to better units], but it would be fun regardless.

That'd be sweet. I'm wondering if we're going to see some cooperative social media events around mutual holidays or seasons, where both Global and Japan have to hit a threshold for the biggest reward. I'd rather have something in-game, though. I think there's a fun opportunity here, for Bandai Namco to paint the Japanese players as experienced upperclassmen, handing down goodies to the Global first-years.

On a different note, anyone have thoughts on this new "自由" (freedom) character type in Japan?

Before I do some speculation, If you're worried about potential story One Piece spoilers, I wouldn't dig too deep into the list at that link. If you want to know why (which, warning, is mildly spoilery unto itself), I believe they have decided to use the second character type to denote broad affiliations of major characters, at the most recent point in the One Piece canon. So the list does contain potential spoilers, dropping hints as to which characters might have changed affiliations after their initial appearance.

Granted, collecting some characters in Treasure Cruise can be sort of a story spoiler, too, but I know some people here have just started reading/watching, so I'm gonna redact some stuff amongst the speculation below.

So I haven't been able to find any official information from Bamco, but after reading the list, I'm guessing "freedom" implies characters that do not belong to a specific faction or group. These groups would likely include the World Government, the Marines, and perhaps the umbrella under which one would keep fishmen and merfolk--Ryugu Kingdom, whatever. So we're talking the independent, free, rebellious individuals of One Piece. Mostly pirates, of course.

Furthermore, as mentioned above, this seems to be based on the most recent events in the One Piece universe, even if a character is being depicted in-game at an earlier point in their existence.
Boa
being on the list fits this theme, but that also leads me to expect
Jinbe
should be there too. The omission might point to another broad character type that covers anyone who is more powerful underwater, from fishmen, to merfolk, to perhaps even Sea Kings. Not sure what one would call that. Aquatic, perhaps? In any case, it would be a logical place for early units like Arlong and Hachi, as well as potential Captain ability boosts from
Fisher Tiger
Hody Jones
and/or
Shirahoshi

It's also strange that
Young Shanks is in the list, but not his adult forms
. There's also
Alvida
, but no
Buggy
. This leads me to believe there's going to be another category that somehow handles both the Yonko and the Shichibukai, something like "Pirate Lords" or "Rulers of Grand Line" or some such. That would open the door for even greater boosts for high-end teams held by veterans, likely in the form of some cola-devouring new ship.

Most of the characters in the list are members or allies of the Luffy Pirates, members or allies of the Whitebeard pirates, members of the
Revolutionary Army
, or affiliates of the
Underworld
. The rest seem to lack concrete ties to a particular group, though there's some rather curious, questionable additions, like Wapol.

I don't think the GameWith list is finished, though. Didn't see Nico Robin, which makes little sense. Golden Week and Mr. 2 are present, but not Miss Monday, or any of the other
reformed ex-members of Baroque Works
. Kaku's there, but not Lucci and Khalifa, which is odd considering
they banded together after their defeat and the dissolution of CP9
. Of the Supernovas, Killer, Kid, Hawkins, X Drake and Urouge are noticably absent. I feel like Rayleigh should be there, too. Perhaps the classifications aren't fully finished in-game, either.

So with Luffy, Law, and Ace in the list, that rules out a "D" class, but I'm still really interested to see where they go with this second type stuff. It seems like this opens the door to other "faction" types. If so, "Marine" is a given. At first I thought the inclusion of
Aokiji
nixed that, but then I remembered
he quit after fighting Akainu
, which further implies these affiliations are based on events that haven't occurred yet in Treasure Cruise's timeline.

That all means the possibility of top-tier "themed" crews, although there will need to be new captains to provide the bonuses, which will probably be either gacha-only or raid bosses. Nothing wrong with that, really--I think gacha and raid units should be the keystone that heads up a team of F2P units, so with decent planning, this could be the start of something that will hopefully open up additional team diversity.

EDIT: As a simpler, alternative assessment, "freedom" could be referring more to the character's world view, or their strongest belief. That means other categories might be "absolute power" for Arlong, Mihawk, Doflamingo and Zoro, "justice" for Smoker and most Marines, "greed" for Buggy and Kuro, "loyalty" for Whitebeard, et cetera. Now that I think about it, this would probably make more sense, and would fit with the current list, which I just noticed is also missing Zoro.

Mazre

Woowoo! Shout out to Chrono for your max Luffy, finally put together my coffin ship run.
CYCnwmI.png

Had been close a couple times but it's rough with 14 turn cooldowns on Usopp and Alvida. Promptly shuffled 80+ cola into it, definitely glad snails make it rain cola now. Lulu finally showed up and just need 2-3 more turtles to evolve my Killer.

Now...hows that int team looking?

Grim.

RedBoot

I suspect Franky will be beatable with a bare minimum of Buggy as a captain and a handful of strong crew members. Obviously, having Vista, Towel Nami, or Robin helps, but if I was able to bumble through Kalifa with a bunch of F2P STR units, Franky should fall to a standard 4x ATK boost.

Meanwhile, I'll be farming the absolute crap out of him since I have so many INT units. I'd like to get Franky evolved and skilled up as much as possible, plus I'll be trying to max out Vista's skill. Not because it's useful or anything (though it would help in turtle hunting), but just because I use Vista more than probably any other non-Usopp unit.

Finally updated my Strategy Blog with a nice background and some new colors:

http://optc-strategy.blogspot.com/p/franky-fortnight.html

You'll only really see a difference on PC, not mobile.

Comments? I tried to stay as neutral as possible, but I had to get rid of that ugly stock background that didn't even have a decent resolution.

Of course, in the process of changing it all up, Blogger somehow completely wrecked all of the formatting on my Franky strategy guide. It took me 45 minutes just to get that fixed again. Ugh.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with all these ideas is it's no longer 100% luck or % based. You can concretely write down the absolute most you would need and there's a 0% chance you will need anymore. Or perhaps it isn't a problem for us, but one for the investors and their investment.

I'm not familiar with any other games, but have heard of them in regards to the systems which they use. That's interesting though and I think the peace of mind of assurance of getting X could lead to something more positive, whether it's used here in the future or not - I guess we'll know in time. I'm sure Bamco has the metrics which tell them what is working and what is not. It's fascinating to me how these games have created a digital value. It reminds of like TCG booster packs and what not. That's how I look at it when a pull event occurs, in regards to rarity of whatever is attainable.

Yeah, Sugofests are great. As you said though, it can work in the opposite direction if you get nothing while others get all of the units you were after. It's still nice to see others having luck, though.

I've been lurking this thread for far too long, but a question I'm wondering. Has doing a lot of pulls like you did last Sugo changed your future approach at all? Compared to doing minimal or set amount of pulls from prior Sugos?

ElChado

Neo Member
I'm not familiar with any other games, but have heard of them in regards to the systems which they use. That's interesting though and I think the peace of mind of assurance of getting X could lead to something more positive, whether it's used here in the future or not - I guess we'll know in time. I'm sure Bamco has the metrics which tell them what is working and what is not. It's fascinating to me how these games have created a digital value. It reminds of like TCG booster packs and what not. That's how I look at it when a pull event occurs, in regards to rarity of whatever is attainable.

I've been lurking this thread for far too long, but a question I'm wondering. Has doing a lot of pulls like you did last Sugo changed your future approach at all? Compared to doing minimal or set amount of pulls from prior Sugos?

I know the sugo question was aimed at someone else, but I'll chime in and add my own view on future sugos.

During the baroques works batch i didn't pull, during strawhats V2 batch i pulled 4 or 5 times, during whitebeard batch 1 i pulled probably about 30-40 times, and during supernova 1 and the supernova 2 batch each was also around 30-40. I considered these first few sugos the most important ones to have units that make and are pillars in many teams for the future. This leads me to now not have a strong desire to invest in a sugo for many batches as I personally dont view too many as "must have" units and can wait for a later sugo. It also lets me now use all gems or any money i invest, towards raid boss maxing, or grinding a fortnight for skillbooks, like say the kraken one coming up for whitebeard books and his atrocious 6% drop rate.

I may do 3-5 pulls if i find the sugo interesting enough, but i probably wont invest in a sugo for a long while like whitebeard batch 2 or strong world maybe which may take a few months.

For those that may be interested what that many pulls left me with. The only gatcha units i never got were urogue, rayleigh, bonney, x-drake. Comically whitebeard was my first pull on supernova 2 batch.

Here's the Marco team that you'll be able to farm Zephyr with:

Going Merry – Level 10
Marco (Lvl. 75)
Marco (Lvl. 75)
Garp (Lvl. 75)
Coby V2 (Lvl. 75)
Mr.2 Bon Clay (Lvl. 70)
Impact Dial Usopp (Lvl. 70)

Cooldown Requirements:
Garp – 14 Turns (1 point from Maxed)
Usopp V2 – 14 Turns
Coby V2 – 14 Turns

At least it will be a very fast clear time for the select few that actually meet those requirements!

I also started researching the team requirements for farming Doflamingo and it actually looks like I'll be able to do it! I'll have to work on preparing a few specials between now and then, but it doesn't look like it will be as bad as I feared.

The blog page got removed. Oh teh noes!

Oh man, if only there was an upstart blog site that had just began development....

In all serious though, I saw that earlier and it completely sucks. They were the hands down best resource for this game. I forgot just how many times I checked their Character info pages every single day. Hopefully they can find a new host soon and get everything back up and running.

From what I saw on Reddit, it apparently was some sort of Copyright violation, primarily with their Character information pages. I was already super iffy on using images from the game, but this makes me even more so.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
The blog page got removed. Oh teh noes!

If you're needing information primarily about the characters, evolutions, stats, etc. There is always this place: http://optkurisu.blogspot.ca/

It's not completely up to date for the JPN version, but it's ample for us GBL players.

I know the sugo question was aimed at someone else, but I'll chime in and add my own view on future sugos.

Not at all chime away!

I prefer to do a limited amount of pulls and simply live with the results. Typically I hope for one singular character (Kidd, Marco, G3) and if luck is there, all the better. Despite pulling dupes, for me I know any 5* unit I get is a great pull or any rare recruit only unit for example (I still feel Robin is one of the more difficult pulls). There are associated percentages involved with certain units and really any 6* is winning the lottery in the game, as I believe the chance for those are sub 2%.

But generally speaking spreading X amount of pulls over time has allowed me to get the batch collections of 'baroque works', 'V2 Strawhats', etc. When WB first came out I got greedy, naively thinking if I did 30-40 pulls I would get him for sure. Sure enough I failed, but it was a lesson for me of how deep and dark a hole pulling can be. So leading up to this previous Sugo, all I can say is - if there is a character you really want to try for... cast as big of a net as you're comfortable with. Have fun with your pulls and really just hope for a lot of gold papers. Once a gold paper appears, anything can come out!

I don't see myself pulling for the foreseeable future, skill maxing Doffy and Blackbeard are my goals throughout the rest of the year for this game. And it's a simpler investment gem wise too because I know what I can possibly get on the return.

I don't see myself pulling for the foreseeable future, skill maxing Doffy and Blackbeard are my goals throughout the rest of the year for this game. And it's a simpler investment gem wise too because I know what I can possibly get on the return.

Yep, this is my game plan as well. Doffy is extremely important and I'm pretty set on good characters otherwise. I'll probably pull a few times, but not much.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, this is my game plan as well. Doffy is extremely important and I'm pretty set on good characters otherwise. I'll probably pull a few times, but not much.

Even looking ahead to the warlord batch, they seem more like subs than anything else. However if I'm playing favorites Jinbei, Boa are up there - but that's only cause I like them as characters in the manga and equivalently want them in my account!

To that end I'm going to wait, there are a lot of cool fortnight characters coming up. I like doing dumb things in the game like making a Sea King team and skill maxing units like the Bananadile as well. I want to go back and get all the titles, etc. Always something to do.

chrono01

Woowoo! Shout out to Chrono for your max Luffy, finally put together my coffin ship run.

Had been close a couple times but it's rough with 14 turn cooldowns on Usopp and Alvida. Promptly shuffled 80+ cola into it, definitely glad snails make it rain cola now. Lulu finally showed up and just need 2-3 more turtles to evolve my Killer.
Congrats man, happy to help. :)

Before the Rayleigh-fest [or, from my experience, the Apoo-fest], I had a rule to pull five times and stop. That way I'd give myself a decent chance at getting something each Sugofest and still have Rainbow Gems for stamina refreshes, box expansion [HA!], etc. However, I was so excited for Rayleigh that I spent more than I usually do [100+].

It didn't really change my future approach, since I'll just be returning to what I usually did [five pulls per Sugofest], but I'll definitely restrain myself going "all-out" again in the future.

RedBoot

Even looking ahead to the warlord batch, they seem more like subs than anything else. However if I'm playing favorites Jinbei, Boa are up there - but that's only cause I like them as characters in the manga and equivalently want them in my account!

Jinbei's an upgrade as the brawler captain (over Zeff), and Kuma is the 2xATK/HP captain for STR (which, while important, is a little overshadowed since STR has Gear3 and Whitebeard). So those are both pretty useful. Hancock's great, though she's more specialized than WB and Rayleigh, who can lead pretty much any team.

I do think it thins out a bit from there. I can't check since the blog's down, but I don't recall if any of Whitebeard batch 2 or 3 made much of a splash. Strong World Luffy, Ace, and Shanks are all good. Log Luffy is as well. I'm hoping the new batch that just came out will see use.

Kumo

Before the Rayleigh-fest [or, from my experience, the Apoo-fest], I had a rule to pull five times and stop. That way I'd give myself a decent chance at getting something each Sugofest and still have Rainbow Gems for stamina refreshes, box expansion [HA!], etc. However, I was so excited for Rayleigh that I spent more than I usually do [100+].

It didn't really change my future approach, since I'll just be returning to what I usually did [five pulls per Sugofest], but I'll definitely restrain myself going "all-out" again in the future.

Man, I was so disappointed that you were unable to pull Rayleigh, since I recall your previous sugo pulls to be... subpar.

As for me, I was reminded how much of a shit-fest the gatcha can really be with that last sugofest so I won't be going for more than 5 pulls until the character pool becomes much larger. All I really need from rare recruit right now is a good int captain, so unless there is a int rate up and/or boosted rates for either Nami V2 or Vista, I probably will only pull a couple times for the foreseeable future. Farming Doffy is probably my next biggest priority so I'll need to spend the gems on exp and skillbooks instead.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm going all out for Hancock; pulled one time since Whitebeard's release.
I feel like space will limit my pulls though.

Just got Crocodile lol (and the drop x2 day resulted in nothing), guess I should try again later so I'll have his alt down the road.

Also added more people from the spreadsheet, primarily ones who are still playing (read: not last played 30days+)

Doffy is who I need and also who I need to know how to beat. Outside of him, all I care about right now is max skill Mihawk.

Edit: also more than 200 spaces. Those 300 mails slots are just taunting my stash.

Qmzn

Neo Member
JP Sabofest... Rayleigh! (and new Ivankov, too)

I didn't realize the 6 stars drop a glowing sriracha-colored super freak poster. Is it that way in Global, or is that only in the later JP versions?

Crazy stuff.

EDIT: And then, right after, base Usopp and... 5* new Marco! C'mon, where that's Sabo...

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
JP Sabofest... Rayleigh! (and new Ivankov, too)

I didn't realize the 6 stars drop a glowing sriracha-colored super freak poster. Is it that way in Global, or is that only in the later JP versions?

Crazy stuff.

EDIT: And then, right after, base Usopp and... 5* new Marco! C'mon, where that's Sabo...
Definitely not, lol

Congrats on the pulls!

Qmzn

Neo Member
What...!? No fire?

Unevolved. He gets Fire Fist (or Fire Claw) at 6*. Requires Sea Stallion, Yellow Pirate Penguin, Rainbow Pirate Penguin, Yellow Lobster, and Rainbow Dragon. Luckily, they are running a promotion until the 10th that gives you the evolver set, plus 15 gems.

Which reminds me... I should probably hand out these extra unevolved 6* unit accounts before Sabofest is over, in case anyone wants to pull with the extra gems they are handing out.

EDIT: Made a new post with the details of the pulled accounts.

chrono01

Unevolved. He gets Fire Fist (or Fire Claw) at 6*. Requires Sea Stallion, Yellow Pirate Penguin, Rainbow Pirate Penguin, Yellow Lobster, and Rainbow Dragon. Luckily, they are running a promotion until the 10th that gives you the evolver set, plus 15 gems.

Which reminds me... I should probably hand out these extra unevolved 6* unit accounts before Sabofest is over, in case anyone wants to pull with the extra gems they are handing out. I currently have:

Rayleigh
Marco
Marco
Sengoku

PM me if you want one, though I'm not sure how many people here really want to step outside the global version. All accounts should come with 4 gems, Vacation Nami, and whatever other stuff was handed out this week.

I didn't redeem any of the Sugofest rewards, though, so if you take an account, be sure to do the following:

In the game, click on the bird, then the tab marked "大切なお知らせ". You should be issued a 4-digit code. Go to the reward landing page for Sabo's evolver set here, and click the box-shaped link at the bottom (should lead here), enter your User ID in the first box, and the 4-digit code in the second. This will give you 15 gems and Sabo's evolver set, which has the Rainbow Dragon and Rainbow Pirate Penguin you'll need for the 6* evolves.

Then, go to the main Sugofest reward page here, and click on the boxes-shaped links beneath rewards #1, #3, and #4 (#2 was the Sabo evolver set). You'll only need a User ID for those, which range from cotton candy to a free Chopperman (yay). Reward #5 is 20 gems, but isn't unlocked yet.

Congrats on the Sabo!

I would jump on that Rayleigh account so fast, but I'm already finding it difficult finding the time to play my current gatcha games, and I really can't see myself playing Treasure Cruise twice. :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The last week i did nothing but the current Lucci quest....and i havent gotten a single Marco skillbook. Sometimes i wish the skillbook distribution was less random and more evenly splitted -.-

Max level 70 makes me feel that's not a fully evolved Sabo.

Well and the fact that you cant pull 6* versions xD

Top Bottom