• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

bzzt

Neo Member
That did the trick, guess I'll probably request whichever of the two bzzt doesn't. What are SW Shanks and Boa like? Hard to look up info with the main JP blog down.

They each have 2-part captain effects. SW Shanks increases the appearance of psy orbs. He also increases attack of psy types depending on your current HP. From 2.75 for 100% to 2 at below 20%. Boa has a similar step-wise attack increase for both quick and psy, same 2.75 max but only 1.5 at low HP. Her other effect is increasing the recovery stat by 1.5 instead of increasing the orb rate. As far as special attacks go, Boa has a heal and a 1 turn delay. Shanks has a 35x psy attack on all enemies and null defenses for 2 turns. Shanks is fantastic but is only useful for psy teams. Boa is more versatile, but will do lower damage overall b/c of orb rates I think. She probably makes a better sub than Shanks b/c of that delay.

You should use this to look up characters instead of the blog because it's better imo: http://optc.github.io/characters/#/search/

Qmzn, I'd love that Rayleigh/Marco account to play with. Thanks.

Now to continue Croc hunting.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Man, you guys an your Crocodile. I still need my first. ;_;

Congrats though!

Oh, which of these skillbook would you say is the least useful? Jozu, Impact Usopp, or Marco. I also have Robin, but I'm keeping those. I'm leaning more towards Impact Usopp, but not entirely sure. Ideally, I'd love to keep them all but I can't [space issues]. I could use the Marco skillbooks, but I hate using something useful outside of skill-up events. I've fused about 25 Kaku and haven't received a single skill-up. Yes, I'm being serious. :/
Be ready to give up both Jozu and Usopp; give up whichever you have more of first.

Be ready to give up both Jozu and Usopp; give up whichever you have more of first.

Mehhhh, I dunno. Just based on future content (ie: Doffy), I would keep the Jozu skillbooks over the Marco ones. It's all kind of a crap shoot though, since you'll end up pulling whatever you throw away. =P

Kyou

Started and finished Alvida's missions today

Boy those are an amazing pain in the ass. Got the ship up to 9 though.

Mehhhh, I dunno. Just based on future content (ie: Doffy), I would keep the Jozu skillbooks over the Marco ones. It's all kind of a crap shoot though, since you'll end up pulling whatever you throw away. =P

I've been going through some of the japanese Gamewith raid boss guides and the lowest cooldown you'll need for Jozu is 13, which is two skill ups, but that's specifically for a 2x Monster Chopper, max cooldown Sogeking, Alvida, and Blamenco/Arlong/Fossa team so long as your team HP is above 5752.

Other Doflamingo teams that require Jozu don't have any required levels out of him since his initial cooldown is 15 and you'll likely be stalling for Mihawk special on specific teams or Perona's who is recommended to get down to 17 from 24 as well.

All these talk of maxing the level of Going Merry ;__; for the first 9 levels I got a level up like 1st-5th try and last level I'm sure I've spent over 160 coke bottles T__T

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I've been running Lucci island consistently for 2 weeks. No Crocodile farming, no Alvida missions. Just Lucci. And I JUST saw Lulu for the very first time.

RNG is weird sometimes, eh?

I was beginning to think he'd never turn up for me.

zulux21

so, i've been logging into this game for a while but don't play much so I am going to purge this game from my tablet and was wondering if anyone wanted my account?

I have FP to roll 50 times
104 rainbow gems
a 95 person character box

characters of interest I have are Blamenco the mallet
mad monk urouge
4 star smoker
3 4 star sanji
4 star ussop
4 star shanks

and I have 62602 money

adventure wise I am on baratie.

thus if anyone wants my account to play on just let me know and I will do a change device thing with you,

Majukun

Man, you guys an your Crocodile. I still need my first. ;_;

Congrats though!

Oh, which of these skillbook would you say is the least useful? Jozu, Impact Usopp, or Marco. I also have Robin, but I'm keeping those. I'm leaning more towards Impact Usopp, but not entirely sure. Ideally, I'd love to keep them all but I can't [space issues]. I could use the Marco skillbooks, but I hate using something useful outside of skill-up events. I've fused about 25 Kaku and haven't received a single skill-up. Yes, I'm being serious. :/

same here..tried all day yeasterday using the half stamina...nothing...this game hates me...i still have to evolve the merry too
only thing i got is all the giant guards...don't know if their special is gonna be useful though

RedBoot

I've been running Lucci island consistently for 2 weeks. No Crocodile farming, no Alvida missions. Just Lucci. And I JUST saw Lulu for the very first time.

RNG is weird sometimes, eh?

I was beginning to think he'd never turn up for me.

For a few days there, I was seeing him more than Kaku. He's felt like one of the more common hidden bosses for me.

Finally got the Merry to lv10 yesterday. My strategy of building up over 100 colas and trying to level from 7 to 10 in one fell swoop worked out. Got to 8 on the first try, had 4 fails in a row, then got 9 and 10 right afterwards. That's actually 3 out of 7 successes, which is a crazy ratio, considering how many times I failed before. Still got like 50 cola left, for when I finally get the coffin ship.

My luck in other parts of the game is still low though. I really want to farm Croc (since everyone else is getting him easily enough), but I still can't get Mr. 3 to drop. :p

Finished up some more work on my blog. Seems like every time I try to fix something, I end up breaking three other things in the process. I thought I had made it look much better with the new wallpaper, but I ended up using the wrong resolution and wrecking every page that wasn't the front page.

Nonetheless, it should be fixed now:

Franky Strategy Guide

I haven't fixed the Lucci guide yet, because I wanted to get some feedback from you guys first. Do you think the new design is too much? Is it hard to read or anything?

Edit: I realized after posting this that I messed the mobile version up by changing the regular version. Sigh, that's fixed too now.

Finally finished lucci event Marco, Kaka, Lucci, Lulu, Arlong, Jozu, Towel Nami, Coby, Law and Bike Smoker. I farmed so much. I think about 100+ books for Marco. Going to work on Hemp and Vista now.

Qmzn

Neo Member
So, Sabo doesn't just boost Freedom units in the same way SW Shanks boosts PSY, he also boosts the HP and RCV of any unit in your crew by 1.2x. I just noticed it today, after I ate a 1200 HP RCV orb.

Golden Week is a Freedom unit. So is Jewelry Bonney. If the Thousand Sunny buffs RCV, some crazy stuff could be going down.

Sweet. Nice color scheme, easy to read.

RedBoot

So, Sabo doesn't just boost Freedom units in the same way SW Shanks boosts PSY, he also boosts the HP and RCV of any unit in your crew by 1.2x. I just noticed it today, after I ate a 1200 HP RCV orb.

Golden Week is a Freedom unit. So is Jewelry Bonney. If the Thousand Sunny buffs RCV, some crazy stuff could be going down.

I'd like it if some sort of RCV-based team became viable. I'd been eying some PSY characters to see if I could make something like that, but I didn't pull Bonney so it wasn't happening.

I pulled three Goldenweeks in a row a week or so back in my further attempts to get Law, so I wouldn't mind if she eventually became useful for something.

RalchAC

Finished up some more work on my blog. Seems like every time I try to fix something, I end up breaking three other things in the process. I thought I had made it look much better with the new wallpaper, but I ended up using the wrong resolution and wrecking every page that wasn't the front page.

Nonetheless, it should be fixed now:

Franky Strategy Guide

I haven't fixed the Lucci guide yet, because I wanted to get some feedback from you guys first. Do you think the new design is too much? Is it hard to read or anything?

Edit: I realized after posting this that I messed the mobile version up by changing the regular version. Sigh, that's fixed too now.

Cool guide bro.

I've lurked the guide for a bit and it has some interesting stuff. I dunno if you want to know this or not (probably not if it's giving you so many problems!) but the Lucci guide has some white boxes instead of a normal grey background.

BTW, have you thought about using WordPress or some other option instead of blogger? Or maybe using some external site for the character tab, maybe. It'd be terrible if your site was closed like what happened with the other guide.

Are you going to make a guide for Buggy now that he has come back too?

____

If you need pics for something or whatever (like you don't have X character for a "viable team picture" but I do or something), feel free to ask for some help! I don't have many Gacha exclusive units (Mr2, Impact Ussop, Izo, Killer, Ace, Hawkins and I think that's all) but I'm sure other gaffers won't have any problems either.

Cool guide bro.

I've lurked the guide for a bit and it has some interesting stuff. I dunno if you want to know this or not (probably not if it's giving you so many problems!) but the Lucci guide has some white boxes instead of a normal grey background.

BTW, have you thought about using WordPress or some other option instead of blogger? Or maybe using some external site for the character tab, maybe. It'd be terrible if your site was closed like what happened with the other guide.

Are you going to make a guide for Buggy now that he has come back too?

Yeah, I know the Lucci guide is messed up. The Franky guide was exactly like that too, but I didn't want to put the time into fixing Lucci's guide if the general consensus was that the new design sucked. Seems to be getting overall positive reviews though, so I'll work on fixing Lucci's page later today.

I've considered switching over from Blogger, but I'm going to stay put for now. I just now have finally started to get things working the way I want, so I don't want to risk messing that all up. I think I'm just going to remove the Character portion though. Other sites provide the same information and it would be a crap ton of work to put together anyway. I think I'll just stick to providing really in-depth guides, and just link to the other sites.

I've considered making a Buggy guide, but he's pretty easy, so he's low on my list currently. I really want to finish up this Zephyr guide as soon as possible, since he'll probably drop in the next few weeks. Honestly, I'll probably just skip Buggy this time, other than maybe a really brief overview.

RalchAC

Yeah, I know the Lucci guide is messed up. The Franky guide was exactly like that too, but I didn't want to put the time into fixing Lucci's guide if the general consensus was that the new design sucked. Seems to be getting overall positive reviews though, so I'll work on fixing Lucci's page later today.

I've considered switching over from Blogger, but I'm going to stay put for now. I just now have finally started to get things working the way I want, so I don't want to risk messing that all up. I think I'm just going to remove the Character portion though. Other sites provide the same information and it would be a crap ton of work to put together anyway. I think I'll just stick to providing really in-depth guides, and just link to the other sites.

I've considered making a Buggy guide, but he's pretty easy, so he's low on my list currently. I really want to finish up this Zephyr guide as soon as possible, since he'll probably drop in the next few weeks. Honestly, I'll probably just skip Buggy this time, other than maybe a really brief overview.

Well, you could just link this site or something (the same that has the damage calculator): http://optc.github.io/characters/#/search/

Well, you could just link this site or something (the same that has the damage calculator): http://optc.github.io/characters/#/search/

I'm not going to lie, I had no idea that site existed before now. That's great! I'm definitely going to just link to that, instead of risking coming up with my own.

Thank you for volunteering for team images. I definitely kind of ran into a bit of a wall there, so I switched over to just having tables for the teams. I kind of like that option a little better really, but I still may take you up on your offer at some point.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
10 turtles runs netted me 4 elder and 11 teen, which might be a new low.

I'd be angry if I was trying to race to get a team ready for a fortnight/raid, but I'm prepared for both for once, so it isn't a huge deal. But still! 15 turtles in 10 runs is pretty dismal.

10 turtles runs netted me 4 elder and 11 teen, which might be a new low.

I'd be angry if I was trying to race to get a team ready for a fortnight/raid, but I'm prepared for both for once, so it isn't a huge deal. But still! 15 turtles in 10 runs is pretty dismal.

7 runs and 2 elders with five teenage. I'm right there too.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah my TT was brutal too. Three elders and 5 teens.

Really hope my later one is better since I plan to evolve Rayleigh and then the rest into either Bon Clay or Garp.

RalchAC

This morning it was 7 Elders and 20 Teens in 10 runs. And I got a Snail stamina refill.

Tonight it was 6 Elders and 16 Teens in 9 runs I think. I had to gem though.

RNG blessed me. Or maybe they wanted me to catch up a bit since I couldn't do TT the past two weeks. Right now my Zephyr team is:

Got Garp to level 50, Coby to 70, and Mr2 and Ussop v2 to MAX (70). I still need a Franky to complete me team.

With a bit of luck I may be able to get both Coby and Franky to 80 and Garp to 65-70 for Zephyr.

Kyou

Cutting it close but I think I'll have Croc evolved in time to catch most of the Franky event.

My team's going to be Croc/Buggy/Mirage Nami/Mr. 3/Sgt. Helmeppo

Finished off vista and nico robin. Cant decide wither to finish serg helm, basil or xdrake next time around.

I need to work on my wb and mc and alvida also

Hana-Bi

Could only run one turtle time. Used all my turtles to level up my unevolved chars. Now I need evo mats for Croc, Basil and Drake. Is there a good farming spot for purple lobsters?

Could only run one turtle time. Used all my turtles to level up my unevolved chars. Now I need evo mats for Croc, Basil and Drake. Is there a good farming spot for purple lobsters?

Beats me, but I get a ton of lobsters just clearing the new islands. So many that I don't bother with lobster island.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I maxed out Robin last night and got Basil to 70. I have no idea who to spend turtles on. I feel bad using them on my purple guys.

Qmzn

Neo Member
JP version is cool. So many fortnights at the same time, like "All-Female Swim Party", and "That Time We Beat Up Kids in Alabasta for their Lunch Money."

They've really done some tricky stuff with the new Freedom type. There seems to be an effort to get underused F2P units some action, like Heavy Point Chopper and Marine Django, at least in early teams. Still, the list isn't that large, so as fun as Sabo is, I get the feeling I'm going to hit a brick wall when building Sabo teams for Expert fortnights.

I could shoot for MAX Mihawk, but it looks like the ideal F2P Mihawk farm team will include G2 Luffy, Alvida, Bon Clay, and Kaku, and it's gonna be a bitch farming those, especially since it means getting to Water 7 for Kaku.

Still, this foray into the future of global is really educational. Fun fact: Unlike other turn stalling specials, you can still use Boa's special (15x RCV, 1-turn delay) even if GP Usopp is already out. The delay is lost, but you still get the heal.

Also, New Ivankov's special is pretty great. It's Smoker plus a RCV x 13 heal after the first turn. That, and the animation is delightfully absurd.

Majukun

another day spent trying to farming, this time brogy.
no result despite 92 stamina and half stamina consumption...
the last time I farmed something successfully was fucking arlong in the first month...

Ugh, my head hurts from running damage calculations all day. I have some good news though! If you have the following units:

Mihawk - 22 Turn Cooldown
Shanks
Alvida - Max Cooldown and Alvida
OR
Mirage Nami - 9 turn Cooldown and Alvida

Then you can run Zephyr extremely safely. Not too shabby!

RedBoot

Ugh, my head hurts from running damage calculations all day. I have some good news though! If you have the following units:

Mihawk - 22 Turn Cooldown
Shanks
Alvida - Max Cooldown and Alvida
OR
Mirage Nami - 9 turn Cooldown and Alvida

Then you can run Zephyr extremely safely. Not too shabby!

Yeah, I think I remember a strategy that rotates between Nami, Alvida, and Usopp's skills and their cooldowns to pretty much prevent him from doing anything the whole fight.

I don't have the cooldowns for Alvida or Nami low enough, sadly. And even with Alvida's island returning soon, I doubt I'll get enough books.

Yeah, I think I remember a strategy that rotates between Nami, Alvida, and Usopp's skills and their cooldowns to pretty much prevent him from doing anything the whole fight.

I don't have the cooldowns for Alvida or Nami low enough, sadly. And even with Alvida's island returning soon, I doubt I'll get enough books.

Yeah, the only real requirement is to be able to use either Alvida's or Nami's special twice in the fight.

It's nice because, unlike other teams that get completely screwed if Zephyr randomly locks a Captain, this team can still do it with no problem if a Mihawk gets locked.

I'm with you though. Neither my Alvida or my Nami are ready, so I probably can't do it. My Alvida at least has a few special level-ups, so I'm going to try my best to have her ready by then.

RalchAC

another day spent trying to farming, this time brogy.
no result despite 92 stamina and half stamina consumption...
the last time I farmed something successfully was fucking arlong in the first month...

The last time I farmed something succesfully it was Zeff in the first month too. After that I've tried to get a story unit for over a week, then a Sugofest came, and I got said unit in a pull.

I have 2 Laboons, but I got them farming for Cola. Didn't wanted to get them. Haven't used them in a zombie team.

But I've got like this Kuro (10 times!), Arlong, Smoker, Tashigi (10 times too!) Vivi, Mr5 and Mr3.

Yeah, the only real requirement is to be able to use either Alvida's or Nami's special twice in the fight.

It's nice because, unlike other teams that get completely screwed if Zephyr randomly locks a Captain, this team can still do it with no problem if a Mihawk gets locked.

I'm with you though. Neither my Alvida or my Nami are ready, so I probably can't do it. My Alvida at least has a few special level-ups, so I'm going to try my best to have her ready by then.

If my Garp gets locked will my crew HP be cut? Or does that work just for silences?

first recruit

11794158_1023013027723337_8935465556946284894_o.jpg

5* version

luckily as i only had enough for two gem pulls

Kumo

lol fail.... I thought the first encounter with franky was the last stage and I unleashed all my specials on him.

You guys totally should have read my blog.... =P

Having Franky makes me so happy. It just makes me miss his old design even more though....

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
No surprise, double Rayleigh mops up this fortnight. I stall like 2-3 turns, then blast through the stage, just so I can use Robin's special at the end, even without purple orbs it does work.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Welp need to make some adjustments to my team, because I can't beat 30 stamina Franky ...
Do you have Mr. 3? With that one extra turn you should be able to take out Franky before he can attack. 3 rounds should be enough, with
one hard hitter like Vista or Croc having a matching orb you can defeat him on round 1 even without Robin.

Top Bottom