• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

chrono01

Welp need to make some adjustments to my team, because I can't beat 30 stamina Franky ...
Same. I don't have Mr. 3 either. :(

I was running:

Towel Nami/ Towel Nami
Buggy
Basil Hawkins
Brain-Point Chopper
Helmeppo V2 [since he was the only remaining INT user with decent stats]

My Towel Nami is Level 88, and the rest of my team [Buggy/Basil Hawkins/Helmeppo V2] are all Level 55-60. Brain-Point Chopper is max'd. I don't know, I seemed to be doing little to no damage to him after the first round, although I'm sure that's due to the defensive buff he put up]. I might have to just settle with the 15 stamina until my INT team is stronger, unless I'm missing something.

RiZ III

Do you have Mr. 3? With that one extra turn you should be able to take out Franky before he can attack. 3 rounds should be enough, with
one hard hitter like Vista or Croc having a matching orb you can defeat him on round 1 even without Robin.

I have two maxed out vistas on my team as captains. Got destroyed T_T. Even with robins special I barely did any damage.

No surprise, double Rayleigh mops up this fortnight. I stall like 2-3 turns, then blast through the stage, just so I can use Robin's special at the end, even without purple orbs it does work.

So does Korialstrasz's... Who apparently is an auto fill on my phone... Anyway his Rayleigh, plus my Vista team destroyed 30stam Franky, with the 2 extra girls at the end. wish I had a towel Nami, would have been much worse.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have two maxed out vistas on my team as captains. Got destroyed T_T. Even with robins special I barely did any damage.
You need to team up with a Nami/Rayleigh friends instead for a higher dmg multipliers. Matching orb and final hit on Vista + Robins active and you will take him out in round 1.

Double Vista isn't needed for this stage since you wanna take Franky out fast anyway.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Wow 30 Stam is no joke. My team can't do it:

Vista
Mr. 3
Brogy
Buggy
Basil

All level ~50.

I think I might need to take Cabin Boy Helmeppo instead of Basil and use the 0 DEF to try and blast Franky down in 1 turn? Not sure...

Using Double Towel Nami, Mr.3, Don Krieg, Broggy, Robin team. Easily destroying everything without perfects( i bad with my purple team)

DrAg0nBoY

Do you have Mr. 3? With that one extra turn you should be able to take out Franky before he can attack. 3 rounds should be enough, with
one hard hitter like Vista or Croc having a matching orb you can defeat him on round 1 even without Robin.

Well I have:
Croc
Mr 3, Helmeppo (not cabin boy)
Robin, Buggy

The problem I have is me hitting perfects and getting good orbs, because everytime I got to Franky I got only psy orbs, and because I don't have a Towel Nami (not even as friend because nobody had her on at the time) I lost. The second time I got him under half health but still lost.

I don't know. I am thinking about swapping either Buggy or Helmeppo with someone else, but all my INT heroes are at lvl 50 (except Robin, which is 72).

Will try again with that team, when my stamina refills.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well I have:
Croc
Mr 3, Helmeppo (not cabin boy)
Robin, Buggy

The problem I have is me hitting perfects and getting good orbs, because everytime I got to Franky I got only psy orbs, and because I don't have a Towel Nami (not even as friend because nobody had her on at the time) I lost. The second time I got him under half health but still lost.

I don't know. I am thinking about swapping either Buggy or Helmeppo with someone else, but all my INT heroes are at lvl 50 (except Robin, which is 72).

Will try again with that team, when my stamina refills.
I don't think you have much to worry to be honest, once you team up with Towel Nami you'll clear the stage easy.

If this doesn't work out then you should worry... But it seems you just got a bit unlucky because Nami users hadn't put her up yet.

DrAg0nBoY

I don't think you have much to worry to be honest, once you team up with Towel Nami you'll clear the stage easy.

If this doesn't work out then you should worry... But it seems you just got a bit unlucky because Nami users hadn't put her up yet.

Yeah I hope. On the first turn agains Franky he changed all my orbs to psy. If I had Nami at that time, with Robin special up he would be dead on the first turn ...

Yeah I hope. On the first turn agains Franky he changed all my orbs to psy. If I had Nami at that time, with Robin special up he would be dead on the first turn ...

Weird that you have no Towel Nami's up, I have more showing than when Garp was in town.

I suck at hitting orbs on int team, and remembering what specials do. First time through in 30 stam I used Robin Special and wondered why my orbs didn't change.

Majukun

you guys are scaring me... I'll try with a mix towel Nami vista and I'll keep my specials for the second round where he goes full defense.. technically Helmeppo's special should be more effective this way.. also I should have all the orbs again

Kumo

You guys totally should have read my blog.... =P

Having Franky makes me so happy. It just makes me miss his old design even more though....

Lol, I just saw the link for your franky fortnight guide. It looks pretty good! I'll remember to check it out next time so I don't make any careless mistakes. :p

Agreed, grand line Franky's design is wayyy better than new world Franky. They turned him into some kind of kid's toy. Yuck.

It seems like using a BP Chopper/Brogy and Buggy Combo is essential to bursting down Franky on the first turn of the last stage. I entertained the idea of using V1 Helmeppo but with having to use Buggy as a captain and BP Chopper for the INT combo, my team damage would be lacking otherwise, not being able to use my max V2 Helmeppo.

Hawkin's -50% enemy defense for 3 turns doesn't quite cut it unless you've already burst him down during the first turn but I suppose it's still helpful.

DrAg0nBoY

Weird that you have no Towel Nami's up, I have more showing than when Garp was in town.

I suck at hitting orbs on int team, and remembering what specials do. First time through in 30 stam I used Robin Special and wondered why my orbs didn't change.

Started playing as soon as the new Island came up. Got only one Towel Nami at that time up and used her for the 15 stamina run ...

Now I am still waiting for my stamina refill to get a 30 stamina run.

Majukun

that moment where your shitty tablet freezes as you start the 30 stamina just enough to let you take 10k of damage in the very first stage, making it impossible to even try it.
I'm seriously thinking about discarding my secondary account (I'm not really using it anymore) and put my main account on my phone.. only problem is that I can't really update the game on my phone if not using third party sites.. until now it has gone swiftly, but I don't know if I can be sure it will in the future...

also, do I lose all my gems when I change device?

Hisoka

Franky is a walkthrough.

Getting the skill from rainbow dragon to 12, so he's ready when robin is ready. I kill every stage in 1 turn and have everything ready as soon as the last Franky comes in.

I destroy him with 3 characters. Enjoy the hell out of it.

Majukun

If the OS is the same, you don't lose your Rainbow Gems. So iOS --> iOS is okay. However, if you're planning on switching to another OS, you will lose them.
no, no,it is from Android to android... are you sure about that though.. it would suck to lose them without even spending them after...for what I remember you lose the free gems and only keep the ones you paid for Anyone already tried it?

chrono01

no, no,it is from Android to android... are you sure about that though.. it would suck to lose them without even spending them after...for what I remember you lose the free gems and only keep the ones you paid for Anyone already tried it?
I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty certain that you only lose them if you change the OS. This is mentioned in the "Issue Password" section.

"Your Rainbow Gems will not be transferred if transferring from iOS to Android or vice-versa."

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's safe, I've done it.

Hana-Bi

30 stam is easy for me using this team:

Nami
Nico Robin
Brain Point Chopper
Sergeant Helmeppo
Bazooka Marine

This team will kill Franky in one turn.

Spinx

I can't get Don Krieg to drop, I give up.

Fuck this game.
KuGsj.gif

Qmzn

Neo Member
I'd say it's pretty appropriate considering Ivankov's inspiration.

Ah, Rocky Horror. I love that first line: "How do you do, I.... see you've met my... faithful... handyman." So good.

Ugh, Franky. I blew my first run, not realizing how critical it was to damage him early without dropping combo. Long stalling into CB Helmeppo is lame, even with Vista's bonus HP to make it safe.

I have Shanks and Vista ready to eat some manuals, but this fortnight still kind of sucks. Full character box definitely sucks.

JP version, on the other hand, is full of fun new slot machines. I fed Smoker a dupe today, got a special level, AND a +1 to my chance to get matching DEX orbs! Does it really matter? No. But at least it presents the illusion of progress. Global feels like treading water in the deep end of a pool, and at the moment, I'm only allowed to bring INT toys.

Not mega-complaining, there's still fun to be had smacking stuff around. Franky's stage and Croc farming just isn't doing it for me, though. At least the old fortnights are finally coming back. Kuro's gonna come around again soon, so I can get that last level of GP Usopp I'm missing.

I did a bunch of transfers in the JP version, Android to Android. Had no issues. You will not lose gems, regardless of how you acquired them.

HOWEVER, there is the potential you can lose unredeemed rewards in your message box. Before you transfer, accept all unread messages and clear them. Also, it would be a good idea to write down your username, Pirate Level, XP, Beli, your currently-equipped team, and their levels, as insurance against the very, very slim chance that something does go wrong, and you have to recover your data with Bamco.

If you're truly paranoid and you have root access on your Android device, you can back up your sakura.db save, and/or use Titanium Backup to properly back up the entire app. It shouldn't really be necessary, though... the account transfer is a simple, automated process. As long as you properly write down your User ID and password, you'll be fine.

I can't get Don Krieg to drop, I give up.

Fuck this game.
KuGsj.gif

... Over Don Krieg?

/edit

I'm actually not gonna do Franky runs this first week. my entire purple team is on-lock because I haven't been able to get a rainbow penguin for Basil and/or a purple hermit crab for Croc.

just wasting stamina trying to get the rainbow penguin today.

p.s. weren't we gonna get half stamina on evolver runs this week?

RalchAC

So this is the team I've used for 30 stamina. Was able to kill Franky with easy.

Towel Nami (80) / Buggy (MAX)
Chopper (MAX) / Mr3 (MAX)
Hawkins (50) / Helmeppo v1

Used Helmeppo for breaking defence and Mr3 turn delay just in case. Then Chopper and Buggy for switching orbs, and Franky was dead.

My Helmeppo has 21 turns CD.

You can exchange Hawkins for Krieg and you have a F2P team that can clear this quite easily. My damage went well over 300.000, so probably it should be possible with lower leveled characters...
___

Now I'll return to my Croco farming...

chrono01

Not to self, if you're stalling with Helmeppo and have Hawkins, DON'T USE HIS ABILITY! It prevents you from using Helmeppo's after.

RIP, 30 stamina. :/

Majukun

ok.. done it.. moved the main account on my phone and the secondary on the tablet.. I ll keep the secondary account for easy barrel tapping and because by trying my luck before the switch I found both Vista and urouge on that account

Qmzn

Neo Member
Been doing some brainstorming and testing with a friend. Here's some ideas for Franky--slight variations on the broad theme, with detailed strategies:

Captains: Buggy, Vista, or Towel Nami.
Crew: BP Chopper, Hawkins, CB Helmeppo, Mr. 3.
Subs: Krieg or Broggy instead of Hawkins, Broggy or Tsuru instead of BP Chopper.

Stall Points:
Battle 3: Attack the turtle with Mr. 3 only, stall as long as possible. If additional turns are required, let a single marine take an additional attack.
Battle 4: Let the penguin attack to stall 1 turn
Battle 8: Use Mr. 3 to stall as long as possible on both the crab and the turtle.

All specials should be 3 turns or less away from readiness before leaving Battle 9.

Boss:
Turn 1: Attack.
Turn 2: CB Helmeppo. Attack.
Turn 3: BP Chopper. Eat RCV orbs, 2500-3000 HP regained. Hold any INT orbs.
Turn 4: Mr. 3, Hawkins. Attack.
Turn 5: Attack.
Turn 6: Hold INT orbs.
Turn 7: Kill (hopefully).

I just tested this with Double Vista. I got some really crappy orbs, but I won on Turn 7. With a few matching orbs, I would have had it on Turn 5. Keep in mind, this is with a MAX Merry--anything less than that, and you're going to have a bad time. I expect Vista + Towel Nami will be much easier, as the Double Vista HP buff is pointless once Franky negates it.

The reason for the staggered specials is primarily because Franky buffs defense on the second turn regardless of his AT, so using Mr. 3 at the start is really a waste. However, his Captain Silence only fires alongside his attack, so by delaying on Turn 4, you should get two turns of full-damage attacks against Franky's base defense, or half his defense if combined with Hawkins. CB Helmeppo is used on Turn 2 to negate the defense buff, and the heal is best on Turn 3, when you won't be doing any damage anyway.

Here's an example with the substitutions:

Boss, with subs: Krieg for Hawkins, Tsuru for BP Chopper:
Turn 1: Tsuru (Option 1), Attack.
Turn 2: Tsuru (Option 2), CB Helmeppo. Attack.
Turn 3: Tsuru (Option 3), Hold INT orbs.
Turn 4: Mr. 2. Attack.
Turn 5: Attack.
Turn 6: Hold INT orbs.
Turn 7: Kill.

Tsuru is a decent sub for BP Chopper (I'm going to be switching to her, actually), but requires tactical choices to be made depending on your crew. On Turn 1, the orb reshuffle often provides an improved first round of damage. This is usually the best choice. Turn 2, however, is the biggest damage round, and if the orbs are bad, Tsuru can turn things around into a quick kill, especially when combined with Towel Nami and Buggy captains. If using Vista, your HP will be reduced to its natural maximum on Turn 3, before Franky attacks. Here, Tsuru's heal is at its most effective, but can be detrimental if you're going to be reshuffling a bunch of matching INT orbs.

I find the choice to be situational, but with strong units, all three options should prove effective.

If Kiwi and Mozu show up, Tsuru will probably be more useful than meat generators, since you don't have to sacrifice Perfect hits in the pursuit of survival. I haven't encountered them on a boss fight yet. I imagine it's pretty rough.

Here's a non-Mr. 3 alternative from a friend of mine:

Captains: Buggy, with Vista or T. Nami friend captain.
Crew: Tsuru, X Drake, Krieg, CB Helmeppo
Subs: Any INT unit with big HP and damage for X Drake and Krieg, such as Croc
Stall Points: Same as above, except using Krieg instead of Mr. 3

Boss:
Turn 1: Tsuru (Option 1). Attack.
Turn 2: CB Helmeppo. Attack.
Turn 3: Tsuru (Option 2). Hold INT orbs.
Turn 4: Attack.
Turn 5: Hold INT orbs.
Turn 6: Kill

This one relies on the beefiness of Krieg and X Drake, to provide naturally high HP and attack. The higher their level, the smoother the sailing. Tsuru Option 1 seemed to be the safest bet even when running with a Vista friend. The potentially strong first round usually leads to a finish in Turn 2 or Turn 4, if all Perfects are landed. It also leverages a Buggy captain a bit more, giving him one extra chance at RCV orb conversion.

Majukun

franky was waaay easier than i though after all your post..

just went with this team

vista (lv 85),towel nami (lv max),brain point chopper (lv 35),robin (lv 79),v1 helmeppo (lv max),bagy (lv 46)

just arrive with all the skills charged,let the first turn pass and use helmeppo's, chopper's and bagy's and then robin on the second turn

it goes down waay too easily

sasari

My team of
Rayleigh 68
Friend Rayleigh 86
Towel Nami 95
Flower Vista 50
Don Krieg 45
V1 Helmeppo 39

RUINED 30 stam :D Pity I only have around 3 Rayleigh on the friend list :(

Literally pretty much all you need is a defense breaker for Franky. Helmeppo V1 or Rainbow Dragon both work great.

Franky Guide - One Last Time

franky was waaay easier than i though after all your post..

just went with this team

vista (lv 85),towel nami (lv max),brain point chopper (lv 35),robin (lv 79),v1 helmeppo (lv max),bagy (lv 46)

just arrive with all the skills charged,let the first turn pass and use helmeppo's, chopper's and bagy's and then robin on the second turn

it goes down waay too easily

You go even farther than I do. I just use Nami, Robin, Helmeppo V2, Krieg, and Rainbow Dragon and absolutely destroy him. My team has half the defense decrease and no matching orbs too!

He's really not that bad, but you just need to be a little prepared.

Just found the safest and "cheapest" team yet for Zephyr:

Garp - lvl 80
Garp - lvl 80
Coby V2/Shanks/Urouge/Franky - lvl 80
GP Usopp - lvl 50
Mirage Nami - lvl 50
Alvida - lvl 50

The sucky part is that it will take you 24-27 Turns. The great part?

No Cooldown Requirements!!! None. At all. Level 1 specials on everyone and you'll be just fine.

It's extremely safe as well. There is really only one point where you can mess things up and it's easily avoidable.

Garp - lvl 80
Garp - lvl 80
GP Usopp - lvl 50
Mirage Nami - lvl 50
Alvida - lvl 50

No Cooldown Requirements!!! None. At all. Level 1 specials on everyone and you'll be just fine.

It's extremely safe as well. There is really only one point where you can mess things up and it's easily avoidable.

Darn I tot all of those but Mirage.. How much damage do you preventie through her?

Hana-Bi

Garp - lvl 80
Garp - lvl 80
GP Usopp - lvl 50
Mirage Nami - lvl 50
Alvida - lvl 50

Nice. :) My team would be almost ready. Only need two level ups for Garp. Looking forward to your guide. :)

bzzt

Neo Member
when are we suppose to get Z?

Before the end of this month. The Japanese version had like 2 months between Garp's first appearance and Zephyr's appearance. Garp came out June 25th, so Zephyr is probably August 27th or something. Bamco could decide to not stick to the schedule though, seeing as the global versions are missing some things that the Japanese version already got by this time(box space, boss raid returns).

Qmzn

Neo Member
I just learned that in JP, bonus time only lasts half the day. Here I was, flipping out, thinking something was wrong with my time zone. :p

I have a decent number of friends on my list w/ Rayleigh. How does a he compare as a FC Rayleigh vs Towel Nami (no Ray cap here, or I'd be running double Ray in a heartbeat)?

I have Max Merry and am I'm currently running
Vista 50
Krieg 55
Towel Nami 75
Buggy 70
Cabin Boy Helme 20 (24 turn CD)

I tried using 2x Towel Nami, but the HP was too low to stall safely, so I switched captain spots to Vista for the HP. I can use a Towel Nami FC and take him out on turn 2.

Garp - lvl 80
Garp - lvl 80
GP Usopp - lvl 50
Mirage Nami - lvl 50
Alvida - lvl 50

I have an Urouge and all of my units fit those levels, but I evolved Nami like an idiot (I never even use her, because I have Towel Nami). :(

Majukun

Before the end of this month. The Japanese version had like 2 months between Garp's first appearance and Zephyr's appearance. Garp came out June 25th, so Zephyr is probably August 27th or something. Bamco could decide to not stick to the schedule though, seeing as the global versions are missing some things that the Japanese version already got by this time(box space, boss raid returns).

damn..i will probbaly not be able to farm it,both because i have a very poor heart team and because i have no space whatsoever on the storage

damn..i will probbaly not be able to farm it,both because i have a very poor heart team and because i have no space whatsoever on the storage

I honestly wouldn't worry about it much. He's an awesome unit, but it will be a little while before Shooter teams see a rise to prominence. I'm going to farm him as much as I can, but I'm probably not going to go all out this time.

TheShah

I have a decent number of friends on my list w/ Rayleigh. How does a he compare as a FC Rayleigh vs Towel Nami (no Ray cap here, or I'd be running double Ray in a heartbeat)?

I have Max Merry and am I'm currently running
Vista 50
Krieg 55
Towel Nami 75
Buggy 70
Cabin Boy Helme 20 (24 turn CD)

I tried using 2x Towel Nami, but the HP was too low to stall safely, so I switched captain spots to Vista for the HP. I can use a Towel Nami FC and take him out on turn 2.

I have an Urouge and all of my units fit those levels, but I evolved Nami like an idiot (I never even use her, because I have Towel Nami). :(

Rayleigh and towel Nami blow franky away. I was able to beat it with no robin and no defense removers. Nami, Krieg, v2 helmeppo, buggy, and mr 3 is the team I use.

With a v1 helmeppo should be a cake walk. Unfortunately I only have 2 friends with a Rayleigh.

Rayleigh and towel Nami blow franky away. I was able to beat it with no robin and no defense removers. Nami, Krieg, v2 helmeppo, buggy, and mr 3 is the team I use.

With a v1 helmeppo should be a cake walk. Unfortunately I only have 2 friends with a Rayleigh.
Most of my friends have Towel Nami or Vista up (IDK if double Vista would be able to 2nd round nuke like Vista+TN), but I've seen ~5-10 high level Rayleighs. I just was curious if they'd be compatible to TN / effective without double Ray. I'll run one of them when my STA refreshes tonight.

RalchAC

Most of my friends have Towel Nami or Vista up (IDK if double Vista would be able to 2nd round nuke like Vista+TN), but I've seen ~5-10 high level Rayleighs. I just was curious if they'd be compatible to TN / effective without double Ray. I'll run one of them when my STA refreshes tonight.

Im using Nami Buggy and I can defeat Franky without problem. Maxed Merry. So 5x damage should be enough.

Rayleigh should be cool too. He works kind of like G3 Luffy. First characters are weak, the latest ones do a lot of damage. Just pick whatever suits your needs. I was able to complete 30 stamina with just 8k hp.

Top Bottom