• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

oh I figured, I was just curious if it's known just how much damage she blocks in total.

Oh, sorry, misunderstood. She blocks two attacks, totaling 32,000/52,000 damage.

I actually found one flaw in my "flawless" team. Zephyr's random character lock on Turn 3. If he happens to randomly choose Mirage Nami (17% chance), then you lose. It throws off the turn counts just enough, so that your special isn't ready again for his final attack.

However, you can get around that little problem by having a Alvida with a special cooldown of at least 12 turns. If you have that, then the team returns to being basically flawless. I'm sitting on 13 turns for my Alvida, but surely I can get her down to 12 before Zephyr gets here.

The other way still works, especially if you just want to grab Zephyr, so don't stress too much if you don't have Alvida's special ready.

RedBoot

I honestly wouldn't worry about it much. He's an awesome unit, but it will be a little while before Shooter teams see a rise to prominence. I'm going to farm him as much as I can, but I'm probably not going to go all out this time.

In general it's probably safe to just focus on getting a raid boss on their first appearance. Farm it if you can, but don't spend much. Wait until the second time around to go nuts.

I'd also only put a heavy focus (as in, spending 30+ gems, holding copies until a skill up event, etc) on a select few characters. Mihawk is an obvious one. Garp and Zephyr are worth it if you plan on running Heart/PSY or Shooter teams, respectively. I don't think Chopper or Ivankov will be worth it.

Doflamingo will be the next one to go nuts on, I think.

ElChado

Neo Member
when are we suppose to get Z?

While it's nice to be prepared for zephyr, i'd be super worried about doflamingo if we continue to get stuff close to when japan did.

Zephyr should be a few days around when kraken island starts on global which is in 2 weeks so we should get a notice this weekend maybe?

Doflamingo came out during absalom, and after perona. The worrying part is perona should be here mid september.

So we got boss rush mode coming, zephyr next few weeks. then few weeks after ivankov, and just a couple weeks later doflamingo all within the span of 2 months time from now.

Good luck.

I'm just gonna skip Zephyr then.

Who comes after Zephyr?

Ivankov comes after Zephyr and did so very fast first time. Doflamingo came after, even faster less than a months time. Though this was due to a new years event so maybe this is where we will differ from japan

For those interested:

Here is a VERY rough draft of my Zephyr Strategy Guide

Still needs quite a bit of work, which is kind of scary when you consider that I've probably dumped 14+ hours into it already. Hopefully it'll at least give you some idea of what to expect though.

The team section on this one is kind of ballooning, so I'll probably end up making separate pages for each captain. Otherwise, this page is going to be massive.

Edit: Yeah, after looking at it on the actual website (I edit in Word), it's just way too crowded. I'm going to have to split up the team sections.

Hana-Bi

Oh, sorry, misunderstood. She blocks two attacks, totaling 32,000/52,000 damage.

I actually found one flaw in my "flawless" team. Zephyr's random character lock on Turn 3. If he happens to randomly choose Mirage Nami (17% chance), then you lose. It throws off the turn counts just enough, so that your special isn't ready again for his final attack.

However, you can get around that little problem by having a Alvida with a special cooldown of at least 12 turns. If you have that, then the team returns to being basically flawless. I'm sitting on 13 turns for my Alvida, but surely I can get her down to 12 before Zephyr gets here.

The other way still works, especially if you just want to grab Zephyr, so don't stress too much if you don't have Alvida's special ready.

How will you get Alvidas skill level up before Zephyr? My Alvida is still at level one and I would like to skill her up (I couldn't farm her island last time).

How will you get Alvidas skill level up before Zephyr? My Alvida is still at level one and I would like to skill her up (I couldn't farm her island last time).

Hypothetically, we should get her island before Zephyr comes around. Nobody knows that for sure yet, but it's very likely.

RedBoot

Yeah, if they have set an actual schedule for the fortnight returns (which seems to be the case), we'll get Alvida on this coming Tuesday night. Kuro should follow two weeks later.

With the premier fortnights, it gives us an alternating weekly schedule. Alvida, Kraken, Kuro, Hogback, Arlong, Perona, etc. We should know in the next few days.

Dawg

I expected to walk all over this new event island boss.

Tried 15 stamina version and that fucker brought my 40K HP double Vista team to 10K hp with his special and proceeded to kill me 4 turns later.

The fuck, I wasn't even at 50% of his HP yet o_O

RedBoot

Tried 15 stamina version and that fucker brought my 40K HP double Vista team to 10K hp with his special and proceeded to kill me 4 turns later.

Yeah, this event really shows the power behind captain sealing. With double Vista, a single turn captain seal is basically the same as being dealt 30k of damage.

I'm not really surprised by it, though. Up until now, I was picking Vista over Nami as an INT captain almost every time. This gives the 2.5xATK captains a boost over the 2xATK/HP captains. I think Franky is best run with double Nami or Nami/Vista.

RalchAC

For those interested:

Here is a VERY rough draft of my Zephyr Strategy Guide

Still needs quite a bit of work, which is kind of scary when you consider that I've probably dumped 14+ hours into it already. Hopefully it'll at least give you some idea of what to expect though.

The team section on this one is kind of ballooning, so I'll probably end up making separate pages for each captain. Otherwise, this page is going to be massive.

Edit: Yeah, after looking at it on the actual website (I edit in Word), it's just way too crowded. I'm going to have to split up the team sections.

You have the Buggy and X-Drake / Rayleigh section from Franky Fortnight there :p

Outside that, cool guide. I'm going to try the Garp burst team but your post has me kind of scared TBH. Can Zephyr really lock a captain? Ain locks the entire left row. If she does it and locks my Garp my HP would be halved, right?

I think I've never used a 2x ATK and HP captain on a boss fight with locking, so I don't know how it works.

Do you have Helmeppo v1 in your team?

You have the Buggy and X-Drake / Rayleigh section from Franky Fortnight there :p

Outside that, cool guide. I'm going to try the Garp burst team but your post has me kind of scared TBH. Can Zephyr really lock a captain? Ain locks the entire left row. If she does it and locks my Garp my HP would be halved, right?

I think I've never used a 2x ATK and HP captain on a boss fight with locking, so I don't know how it works.

No, no worries on the HP. Locking will only disable the attack boost, but not the HP boost. Gloom, which we just recently got a taste of on Croc's island, is the only thing that will disable the HP boost.

And yeah, I know about those sections. I said it was a rough draft!!! =P

Is there any alternative to mirage nami for zephyr? I evolved mine to soon.

Do you mean as a replacement for teams that require Nami? Not really.... The closest would probably be this guy: http://optc.github.io/characters/#/view/371

I haven't ran any numbers to see if it would be feasible though. Probably not honestly, but maybe for one of the Garp teams?

The other option would be Perona, who we will get from the Hogback fortnight. There's an extremely small chance that we might get that before Zephyr, but I wouldn't bank on it.

ah_hia

Yeah. I have all characters listed except for Nami. I'm thinking of running a Garp Team.
And I just sold that guy for beli lol. Might have to gem it up I guess.

Yeah. I have all characters listed except for Nami. I'm thinking of running a Garp Team.
And I just sold that guy for beli lol. Might have to gem it up I guess.

Okay, I just ran some numbers. Here are the assumptions:

Garp - lvl 80
Garp - lvl 80
Giant Imperial Fighter - lvl 60 (evolved form)
Coby V2 - lvl 80
GP Usopp - lvl 50
Alvida - lvl 50

- Imperial Fighter has a skill cooldown of at least 12 Turns
- Alvida has a skill cooldown of at least 12 Turns
- Garp is randomly locked on the 3rd Turn
- You get one Meat Orb sometime between Turn 4 and Turn 18
- You hit almost all Perfects
- You get at least one matching orb on a Garp and one on any other PSY unit on the last turn, using Garp's special

Assuming all of that....yeah, it would work.

Here's the damage calc to help you see how it would work.

If Garp doesn't get locked on Turn 3 (what's shown in the calc above...I was too lazy to make another screenshot), then you get a heck of a lot more leeway. You'll end with 250,269 more damage than you actually need. Still works, but it's barely.

Edit: Heck, you can even use GP's special again on the last turn, as long as his cooldown is at least 13 turns. Crap, this actually works better than I would have thought!

Do we need supplements for Lion Song?

Are you talking about for Zephyr? I was going to work on him some tomorrow, so I'll find out soon.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Mazre

Managed to squeek through 30 stam Frankie thanks to the many high level Nami's available, and some fortunate orbs. Ended up getting him to drop from the 15 stam immediately after that. Got a rainbow penguin in one go so I was able to evolve my Basil as well. Will be hitting this fortnight less aggressively than Lucci's but still want to stock up on delicious yellow turtles for my Psy team.

Hey Clogger, you've been doing fantastic work with the blog. Many thanks :D.

Questions: I'm trying to help a friend build a team for the Franky isle and he has most of the team Clogger suggested in his 2x Buggy section, except he doesn't have a Rainbow Dragon. He does have a Hawkins, however. Can Hawkins fill Rainbow Dragon's role of reducing damage on turn 1? I know Hawkins has a 50% def reduction on his skill, but it lasts 3 turns. Can Helm's skill still be activated on turn 2, or would it have to wait for turn 4?
Edit: After testing in the training forest, Helm's skill can't be activated until Hawkins's skill runs out.

Does using Mr. 3's delay work w/ Franky's pattern? Ex: If used on Turn 1, would Franky do nothing on Turn 2 and then put up the DEF buff on Turn 3?

sasari

Realised my entry on the friend's list still just listed "Enraged Arlong" and "Lion Song Zoro"... I have a considerable amount of characters now :D Just updated

Looking for more Rayleigh friends!

chrono01

Man, I've cleared Super Pervert like 10 times so far and not a single Franky drop. He always drops chests. :/

Edit: Another four times and finally!

RalchAC

My Franky is level 45 and I have all the necessary materials to evolve him. Hopefully I can have him evolved before new Turtle Time. I've decided to focus on Franky stages until I have my team at a high enough level. Crocodile isn't a must have for me right now.

TBH, I think I can boost Franky up to level 50 using skill books and fodder, the latest Expert stages have enemies that give >3000 exp, which is kind of decent.

After that it's just turtles and turtles and more turtles.

I think I could get there. I'd like to get some extra levels though, cloggerdude make it seems like the Garp burst team is kind of risky and I'd like to farm Zephyr. I don't have a good team for farming Garp right now, but I think a shooter one with 2x Zephyr, Krieg and Tsuru (+ damage reducers) should be able to clear it quite decently.

I'd need the 1.75x ATK Zephyr skill gives though.

Does using Mr. 3's delay work w/ Franky's pattern? Ex: If used on Turn 1, would Franky do nothing on Turn 2 and then put up the DEF buff on Turn 3?

That's something that I've been meaning to test actually. I'll try it out here in a couple of minutes and let you know. My initial gut instinct is that it won't stop his special, but we shall see.

UPDATE: Mr. 3's delay does not stop the Defense Increase at the end of Turn 1. However, it does delay the second special (Glooming both Captains). My guess is that the second special is delayed because it is actually an Attack. Since Franky's attack timer is pushed back, it doesn't go off. The Defense Increase special isn't tied to an attack though, so it goes off normally.

His pre-time skip design is miles better than the new one imo.

I completely agree. Franky went from being one of my favorites to just being....I'm not even sure. I mean, he's still Franky, but the old design just seemed to fit his character so much better.

Copons

His pre-time skip design is miles better than the new one imo.

This is something I strongly believed at first, but then I realized he changes his haircut in basically every single frame he appears in.
Pretty much one of the thousands reasons why Oda is a friggin genius.

RalchAC

This is something I strongly believed at first, but then I realized he changes his haircut in basically every single frame he appears in.
Pretty much one of the thousands reasons why Oda is a friggin genius.

I like the haircut changes (the gun one was cool) and some of the robo-jokes that they've made. But I don't like his shoulders. He looks too big, I dunno. The shoulders and arms look a bit off when compared to the rest of his body.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I don't think Chopper or Ivankov will be worth it.

Ivankov may not be that good as a unit, but his appearance right before global v4.0 will be important, because he can boost ability slots for New Ivankov, who is quite good. That's a long, long way off, but I think it's worth noting. Raid Ivankov will also be a solid member of a Sabo team. :)

The shoulders and arms look a bit off when compared to the rest of his body.

I'm not the biggest fan either, but aren't they some sort of mechanized armor over his base arms, which are somewhat closer to the original in appearance? I know I read that somewhere. Maybe I'm thinking of the little mechanical arms that pop out of his palms.

Still, they could change into something cooler in the next arc, less toy-like.

Fusing away Shanks/Vista skillbooks as XP fodder.

Feels bad. ;_;

Fusing books into Shanks and Vista due to lack of box space and getting no special level ups. Also feels bad. :(

The Franky event kinda bums me out. I don't have a Vista so the only good skill book is useless to me. Shank's skill isn't really all that important and Mozu and Kiwi are okay but are far outclassed in damage and utility by a Garp and Bon Clay combo. Franky is the only good unit, especially if you don't have a PSY leader for turtle time or need a good orb changer for a shooter team. His skill cooldown is already so low that you don't really need to farm him unless you want to be able to use his special twice in one stage, which I can't see a situation where that would really be necessary. I guess I'll focus on farming Croc and Brogy when I can and just switch to Alvida to get her last two skill ups I need.

RalchAC

Evolved Franky! Level 22 right now. I'll use fodder until level 35 and I'll start using my Franky copies and Turtles after that.

The Franky event kinda bums me out. I don't have a Vista so the only good skill book is useless to me. Shank's skill isn't really all that important and Mozu and Kiwi are okay but are far outclassed in damage and utility by a Garp and Bon Clay combo. Franky is the only good unit, especially if you don't have a PSY leader for turtle time or need a good orb changer for a shooter team. His skill cooldown is already so low that you don't really need to farm him unless you want to be able to use his special twice in one stage, which I can't see a situation where that would really be necessary. I guess I'll focus on farming Croc and Brogy when I can and just switch to Alvida to get her last two skill ups I need.

Do you have a team for Zephyr? I'm running Franky because of the amount of exp stuff you can get there. If I had a team that could beat him I would totally farm Crocodile too... Or the Mr3 stage that has the higher exp / stamina ratio during 0.5x STA since I'd need to be level 201 if I want to have 120 stamina for Doffy farming.

Verelios

Sweet, got my second Crocodile so I can stop farming him. Also going to stop farming Franky because...it's really annoying with an Xdrake lead.

Evolved Franky! Level 22 right now. I'll use fodder until level 35 and I'll start using my Franky copies and Turtles after that.

Do you have a team for Zephyr? I'm running Franky because of the amount of exp stuff you can get there. If I had a team that could beat him I would totally farm Crocodile too... Or the Mr3 stage that has the higher exp / stamina ratio during 0.5x STA since I'd need to be level 201 if I want to have 120 stamina for Doffy farming.

I have this for my Zephyr team and all of them have been max level ever since the yellow turtle event. Apart from that my Ivankov team is set, barring some leveling, and I'm just boosting up my Chopper team so I can farm him when he comes back, which will help against Doffy.

Hana-Bi

Finally evolved my Urouge. So would this be a good rainbow striker team (or what good striker char are still coming)?

Kid
Urouge (1,5x ATK boost special)
Kaku (1,5x effect of slots, could be used for a Kid burst) or Killer
Biker Smoker
Hawkins

Seems like a really solid team. Is the striker class getting a ship like Mihawk though?

koryuken

No ship. Best thing they are getting is Aokoji, but it's not the same as a ship and it's no 30% hp nuke. Also, if we mention Doffy, slashers are still Op. I have been able to find videos of Mihawk teams clearing every single raid boss.Yes, that's more than Wb.

I have the same dilemma. I have an amazing striker team, but no reason to level them in the current metagame.

Hana-Bi

No ship. Best thing they are getting is Aokoji, but it's not the same as a ship and it's no 30% hp nuke. Also, if we mention Doffy, slashers are still Op. I have been able to find videos of Mihawk teams clearing every single raid boss.Yes, that's more than Wb.

I have the same dilemma. I have an amazing striker team, but no reason to level them in the current metagame.

Yeah, the problem for striker teams is that nobody is using striker captains... Would be nice to use them for story missions etc. and their stats are really good but Mihawk will probably be the most used captain for a long time.

RalchAC

Doesn't the Alvida's ship improvee Strikers ATK by 100 and their HP by x1.4 or something like that? Maybe I'm wrong though.

Top Bottom