• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

koryuken

There is a f2p team that has:

MC / MC
Arlong / Mihawk (Max skilled)
Perona / GP Ussop

Most teams have Jozu though.

Gamewith had one with 2x Mihawk, Mr1, Ohm, Jozu and GP Ussop. Dunno if you can change Jozu for Perona here.

Ohm is one of Enel priests.

I'm planning to use 2x Mihawk since MC is iffy. There is less room for error than with Dual Mihawk. Also, G3 team with Arlong, GP Usopp, Jozu, Mihawk is another good option.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Holy crap, JP just went into fortnight dump mode. Lucci, Franky, Khalifa, Bon Clay Impel Down, Summertime Nami, and Calgara/Noland, all at the same time. Extra Island is littered with little animated sprites. I should take a screenshot before Bon Clay goes away tomorrow.

Tidd

Holy crap, JP just went into fortnight dump mode. Lucci, Franky, Khalifa, Bon Clay Impel Down, Summertime Nami, and Calgara/Noland, all at the same time. Extra Island is littered with little animated sprites. I should take a screenshot before Bon Clay goes away tomorrow.

Yep it's crazy. I don't know what I should do. I'll try to get each character at least once and then we will see.
And don't forget the new training forest (
with a Warlord stage (Mihawk, Boa, Moriah, Doflaminga and Kuma) and a Garp + Sengoku stage lol
+ new story island.

chrono01

We'll get all of this before our first member box expansion. ;_;

Qmzn

Neo Member
We'll get all of this before our first member box expansion. ;_;

Ugh, I know. I'm getting tired of space conservation mode in global. I skipped turtles this week, because I didn't want to have to divvy up my XP after every freaking stage.

JP's getting a skill-up event next week, too. Salt in the wound.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think I'm going to hafta start using my Ace books. :(
I know his special sucks, but he's like my best Blue Captain or whatever.

linkent

Ugh, I know. I'm getting tired of space conservation mode in global. I skipped turtles this week, because I didn't want to have to divvy up my XP after every freaking stage.

JP's getting a skill-up event next week, too. Salt in the wound.
One Piece: sell your Treasure after every Cruise.
Seriously hard to play the game now.
Like an Inventory Management Simulator.

linkent

dat new Robin <3
After evolution T_T

Love the scene the most

Especially this
640px-Straw_Hats_Stand_on_Courthouse.png

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I got lucky with turtle times yesterday, but trying to level up a raid boss with off color turtles is brutal. Barely any progress. MC aye around 25 elders yesterday and a bunch of teens and went up from 60->80. Going to need two more days of TT to get there

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I just switched to Shanks! Hopefully that helps a bit.

Edit: I am waaaaaay behind.
Sorry, I completely forgot today was TT day and neglected to put my Marco up. :(

He's up now though and will be for the remainder of the day! I really should start setting a reminder on my phone...

Thanks xD

It wasnt a big deal i just switched over to Mihawk -. was just surprised to see so few Marcos on my friend list and thought i had forgotten about some event that is going on.

btw. Shouldnt we get Boa Hancock soon ?

Finally got the main page of my Kraken article working. None of the suggested team pages are up yet, but I'll hopefully get those up before the end of the day and at least you guys can check out how his island is setup. Working on the Zephyr strategy guide has really put me behind a bit, but hopefully I'll be able to catch up now.

Kraken Strategy Guide

Tidd

btw. Shouldnt we get Boa Hancock soon ?

No one knows what Bandai will do with global. Japan got Boa 6 weeks after Rayleigh. I think in between they had 2 Sugos with no new units.

I still believe they only have 1 employee for the global version, who can do his own thing and doesn't need to report to his boss. Because with this everything would make sense. Oh, of course he is a troll, reading reddit and GAF just to laugh his ass off, when someone demands a box upgrade.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finally got the main page of my Kraken article working. None of the suggested team pages are up yet, but I'll hopefully get those up before the end of the day and at least you guys can check out how his island is setup. Working on the Zephyr strategy guide has really put me behind a bit, but hopefully I'll be able to catch up now.

Kraken Strategy Guide

Send him packing like he just got glared at by a red headed pirate.
lol

As said team pages arent ready yet but i think i will go for a regular Ace team.

No one knows what Bandai will do with global. Japan got Boa 6 weeks after Rayleigh. I think in between they had 2 Sugos with no new units.

I still believe they only have 1 employee for the global version, who can do his own thing and doesn't need to report to his boss. Because with this everything would make sense. Oh, of course he is a troll, reading reddit and GAF just to laugh his ass off, when someone demands a box upgrade.

Haha....yeah it sometimes seems that way. Lets hope that some of the complain reach the administration of the Global version. We need more than 2 Sugofest exclusives.

RedBoot

We should be getting a sugo soon, but I suspect the Kid Trio event was used to push the next sugo back a few weeks. Either way, we aren't going to see anything until the staff's "summer vacation" ends on the 16th.

I'm finally starting hit the limit on box space, too. I'm hovering around 190 characters, and since I'm stocking Vista books and Frankies, that's only going to increase. I wanted to restock a lot of my evo units this week too, with the 1/2 stamina.

On that same note, I'm having a hell of a time getting any of the silver seahorse unit. I've gotten more Elders to drop in the last two weeks than them. I've actually got 10 Elders in stock, too afraid to sell any. :(

Tidd

Kraken Strategy Guide

The Dorry skill book paragraph has a little mistake. Garps max cooldown is 13 and not 18. Otherwise great work. :)

Verelios

We should be getting a sugo soon, but I suspect the Kid Trio event was used to push the next sugo back a few weeks. Either way, we aren't going to see anything until the staff's "summer vacation" ends on the 16th.

I'm finally starting hit the limit on box space, too. I'm hovering around 190 characters, and since I'm stocking Vista books and Frankies, that's only going to increase. I wanted to restock a lot of my evo units this week too, with the 1/2 stamina.

On that same note, I'm having a hell of a time getting any of the silver seahorse unit. I've gotten more Elders to drop in the last two weeks than them. I've actually got 10 Elders in stock, too afraid to sell any. :(
Franky's island drops them like crazy.

I am starting to get my Doffy prep on now. I know it's far down the line, but zombie teams wouldn't be an option for him vs them working on Zephyr and Ivankov. I also want to try and MAX out more units and I only get in ~20 TT runs a week (due to time wasted managing inventory mid TT). I just got my max skilled Mihawk to 99 and I'm working on leveling my Arlong right now (lvl 70 atm).

Which would be best to prioritize next: G3 or Monster Chopper?

G3
Pros - It takes 1m less EXP to MAX him + he would be more versatile for future content.
Cons - I get nervous about potentially missing a perfect and screwing up a run. However, if I mess up w/ 2x MC I'd die anyways due to low HP. Weaker than MC.
Unknown - Would I still be able to do a Dual G3, Arlong, Mihawk, Perona, GP Usopp team or does that only work with MC? I don't have a Jozu.

MC
Pros - Highest ATK in the game and potentially stronger skill than G3. Strong STR unit
Cons - It takes 1m more EXP to MAX. Less versatile. Smaller HP pool means smaller margin of error.

pelicansurf

dat new Robin <3

Good artwork, but average unit, no?

I am starting to get my Doffy prep on now. I know it's far down the line, but zombie teams wouldn't be an option for him vs them working on Zephyr and Ivankov. I also want to try and MAX out more units and I only get in ~20 TT runs a week (due to time wasted managing inventory mid TT). I just got my max skilled Mihawk to 99 and I'm working on leveling my Arlong right now (lvl 70 atm).

G3
Pros - It takes 1m less EXP to MAX him + he would be more versatile for future content.
Cons - I get nervous about potentially missing a perfect and screwing up a run. However, if I mess up w/ 2x MC I'd die anyways due to low HP. Weaker than MC.
Unknown - Would I still be able to do a Dual G3, Arlong, Mihawk, Perona, GP Usopp team or does that only work with MC? I don't have a Jozu.

MC
Pros - Highest ATK in the game and potentially stronger skill than G3. Strong STR unit
Cons - It takes 1m more EXP to MAX. Less versatile. Smaller HP pool means smaller margin of error.

Do both. G3 first since Doffy won't be out for a few months.

pelicansurf

G3

MC

I plan on both, I just don't think I'll get Arlong and both of them done before then. Thus, my debate on who to prioritize.

I'd ignore Arlong.

RedBoot

Franky's island drops them like crazy.

I've had exactly one seahorse drop from Franky's island, and I've been running it 2-4 times a day, enough that my Franky's evolved and at lv40ish, and I've got a few extra Frankies stockplied in the hopes of boosting his special a bit. When this game withholds drops from you, it does it with a vengeance. :p

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

Keep working on your Arlong, one thing that is easily overlooked is he only needs 3 million XP to fully level and will top out at 1491 ATK. I think it was ElChado here that pegged Doffy to show up around September 29th based on the Japan scheduling which is the the only thing Global has been consistent with in comparison to Japan and in regards to when raid bosses pop up.

But regardless, since you have time finish Arlong, then level G3. The double MC team I believe requires at least a SPLV3 Jozu. So even if you pulled him before Doffy shows up, unless you saved some books, it's not a sure thing. And if you did, then you still want Arlong in your crew as you'll need 4 STR units for that team for the safest farm.

I've had exactly one seahorse drop from Franky's island, and I've been running it 2-4 times a day, enough that my Franky's evolved and at lv40ish, and I've got a few extra Frankies stockplied in the hopes of boosting his special a bit. When this game withholds drops from you, it does it with a vengeance. :p

Seahorse isle is 1/2 stamina today if you still need a seahorse. Also for reference in regards to working on the special level for Franky, it took me 84 copies to skill max him. In my initial attempts I was 1/36 I think.

chrono01

I bet we'll get a Sugofest just after the INT rate-up ends, so after August 25th. Can't give people an INT rate-up during Sugofest, not with Rayleigh in there! Not just yet!

But yeah, I'm waiting on Boa Hancock too. Really, I just want a Sugofest-exclusive unit. :(

Qmzn

Neo Member
I thought everyone played the game for art...

Not sure if sarcasm, but man, I'd kill for a Treasure Cruise artbook. Probably said that before. Such a broken record.

I know there are people that enjoy games solely for the purpose of being the very best, like no one ever was, and art direction is just fluff. Used to be friends with a guy that didn't care which character he picked in Smash Brothers Melee, just as long as he was winning. Didn't like Sheik's design, wasn't a Starfox fan, played nothing but Sheik and Fox.

To each their own, but I'm not really that keen on playing Stick Figure: Treasure Cruise.

Off the topic of art, "I Love Suggestively Eating Ice Cream" Nami can bite me. I've run Elite six times and she hasn't dropped yet. That. and the final stage of her fortnight is death by Mirage Tempo (seen here). Each of the clones does something different--one of them silences both captains, another negates all damage, but the most annoying is the one that clears all buffs and debuffs.

Oh, did you just use GP Usopp? Eff that, you're getting hit by six Namis next turn.

ElChado

Neo Member
I think it was ElChado here that pegged Doffy to show up around September 29th based on the Japan scheduling which is the the only thing Global has been consistent with in comparison to Japan and in regards to when raid bosses pop up.

September 29th is when the Absalom fortnight would begin for Global and in Japan Doflamingo appeared 1 day after Absalom started. So yeah in that area if we stay a bit close to Japan dates.

I'm actually really interested in how September will end up. Doflamingo and boa appeared as a new years event in Japan which is why a new raid appeared so soon after ivankov.

Warlord sugofest with boa could be the next one on Global as we've been having batches faster than Japan did, but it could also be the September sugofest with this months being a repeat or even skipping a sugofest this month for a first week september sugofest as Boa sugofest was 6 weeks after the rayleigh sugofest in Japan.

Interesting note, Rayleigh sugofest with supernova 2 in Japan was right around when Kraken island started

It also seems weird there's been no announcement for Zephyr yet. The longest we've differentiated in first appearances was Mihawk and that was 7 days which would put Zephyr the week of kraken island or the week after it starts.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle September.

Mazre

Off the topic of art, "I Love Suggestively Eating Ice Cream" Nami can bite me. I've run Elite six times and she hasn't dropped yet. That. and the final stage of her fortnight is death by Mirage Tempo (seen here). Each of the clones does something different--one of them silences both captains, another negates all damage, but the most annoying is the one that clears all buffs and debuffs.

Oh, did you just use GP Usopp? Eff that, you're getting hit by six Namis next turn.

Hehe, I've gotten 2 from 4 runs of the 10 stamina version.

chrono01

Alubarna coming August 18th!

Hopefully there will be a Crocodile stage that's shorter than the one currently in-game. it's not difficult, it's just longer than I'd like. It doesn't help that the giants continually show up as sub-bosses with their skills. :/

linkent

Majukun

took advantage of the half stamina penguin stage and got both a rainbow penguin and a rainbow pirate penguin..now i have to decide

-franky stage again
-alvida stage trying to max alvida's skill
-farming croco-boy

really don't know..also the lack of storage space is bad,now that i have restocked a bunch of penguins I'm full again

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
took advantage of the half stamina penguin stage and got both a rainbow penguin and a rainbow pirate penguin..now i have to decide

-franky stage again
-alvida stage trying to max alvida's skill
-farming croco-boy

really don't know..also the lack of storage space is bad,now that i have restocked a bunch of penguins I'm full again
Alvida is the best choice.

Question: Does anyone know what happens if you use a Slot Locking special, such as Hina's, and then the boss uses an Orb changing special the next turn? I'm thinking that the boss' special would still change the orbs, but I'm not 100% on it.

bzzt

Neo Member
Wow, I just maxed Merry on my japanese version with only 78 cola. Failed thrice trying to go from 6 to 7. Failed once before 6, I think. Everything else was first try. Not 100% sure becuase I wasn't paying much attention, really. I had no faith in maxing it at this time. 7-10 were all first try successes. For comparison, 8 to 9 in my global took over 130 cola. Are the odds improved in the japanese version now that they have a bunch more ships?

0s and 5s are gold today, anyone want to tap?

Also, for anyone interested in farming Zephyr, he requires a rainbow robber penguin to evolve so today would be a good day to farm for that.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
September 29th is when the Absalom fortnight would begin for Global and in Japan Doflamingo appeared 1 day after Absalom started. So yeah in that area if we stay a bit close to Japan dates.

I'm actually really interested in how September will end up. Doflamingo and boa appeared as a new years event in Japan which is why a new raid appeared so soon after ivankov.

Warlord sugofest with boa could be the next one on Global as we've been having batches faster than Japan did, but it could also be the September sugofest with this months being a repeat or even skipping a sugofest this month for a first week september sugofest as Boa sugofest was 6 weeks after the rayleigh sugofest in Japan.

Interesting note, Rayleigh sugofest with supernova 2 in Japan was right around when Kraken island started

It also seems weird there's been no announcement for Zephyr yet. The longest we've differentiated in first appearances was Mihawk and that was 7 days which would put Zephyr the week of kraken island or the week after it starts.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle September.

Don't we usually get 2 weeks notice for raids? I can't recall. I expect announcements to come this Sunday for whatever the next gem per day event is. I suspect we'll be getting a super success rate up the first week and then a skill rate up immediately following, which could possibly occur during the Zephyr raid.

Outside of the Alubarna announcement that just came, we'll know once the devs are back from vacation. Pure speculation but I can see this month's Sugofest being a Whitebeard + Supernova rate up and then September possibly being absolutely crazy, ie. Warlords, Ivankov, Doffy. But then again who knows, we still haven't received a box expansion.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Question: Does anyone know what happens if you use a Slot Locking special, such as Hina's, and then the boss uses an Orb changing special the next turn? I'm thinking that the boss' special would still change the orbs, but I'm not 100% on it.

I haven't seen it myself, but I vaguely remember reading for Kraken prep teams not to bring Hina due to his changing of orbs. So it's as you're suspecting locked orbs will be changed.

I'm fairly certain orb locking only prevents you from generating new orbs, not protecting you from orb changing. I ran into Lulu on stage 9/10 on the Lucci Isle and figured I would proc my green orb combo and lock them to kill Lulu in one turn and then kill Rob the next. I nearly died because Lucci scrambled my orbs and couldn't burst him down. Luckily, Smoker's special saved my life.

Where all the barrel breaking people at?!

chrono01

0s and 5s are gold today, anyone want to tap?

Also, for anyone interested in farming Zephyr, he requires a rainbow robber penguin to evolve so today would be a good day to farm for that.
Whoa, we're gold today? It completely slipped my mind. Sure, I'll tap with you [and anyone else interested. Postal Code is the usual [T5G 3A6]

Ready whenever!

Edit: Or ready in around 30 minutes. Going to run a dungeon in FFXIV real quick.

I haven't seen it myself, but I vaguely remember reading for Kraken prep teams not to bring Hina due to his changing of orbs. So it's as you're suspecting locked orbs will be changed.

I'm fairly certain orb locking only prevents you from generating new orbs, not protecting you from orb changing. I ran into Lulu on stage 9/10 on the Lucci Isle and figured I would proc my green orb combo and lock them to kill Lulu in one turn and then kill Rob the next. I nearly died because Lucci scrambled my orbs and couldn't burst him down. Luckily, Smoker's special saved my life.

Where all the barrel breaking people at?!

Shew, okay, that's good to know. I went ahead and wrote my guides thinking it worked that way, so it's good to hear I don't have to rewrite those.

Kraken Strategy Guide

Finally done! Zephyr guide should hopefully be up tomorrow as well, but we shall see.

makaveli13

Neo Member
Finally done! Zephyr guide should hopefully be up tomorrow as well, but we shall see.

Great guide. One correction though, if Kraken is a striker he doesn't get outclassed by Zeff as Zeff is a fighter captain. He is actually pretty decent for a striker lead if you dont have Urogue or Kidd.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Did 6 pulls in JP Sugo, got SW Robin, Hotori/Kotori, Koza, Hotori/Kotori Evolved, Dancing Django, and SW Zoro. Under the dialed-back expectations doctrine, I'm quite satisfied. I mean, only one story mode unit, right? Chu-free zone.

I didn't realize they could program rare recruit to pre-load a character with bonuses... everyone in this Sugo comes in with +1 attack, which is nice, I suppose.

Top Bottom