• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

DrAg0nBoY

try using this video as a guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3TwKsg2GKE

or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZrEWWxLfVc

also if you have Lucci from his fortnite you can try this team Friend Mihawk (lvl99, max SP)/Captain Mihawk (lvl 70)
Arlong (lvl 84)/Helmeppo v2 (lvl 57)
Lucci / Ussopp (max lvl)

Its harder than the Mr.3 teams because you do not have that extra turn to knock out the straw hats but, it can be done.

The strategy is to use both Mihawk specials on Arlong, Use golden pound special on the baroque works agents. Use Helmeppo's special on the Smoker stage. (also you have to let smoker hit you so you once so you can build up ussopp's special), golden pound on the rainbow dragon kill all the crabs except one kill the dragon and stall until you 6 turns left. Mihawks specials should be back ready use them both on the stawhats. Use Arlongs special on Zoro and Lucci's special on Luffy. It should be easy to kill Ussop and Nami the last three can be tricky but, I have pulled it off quite a few times. Once the strawhats are defeated golden pound special on Mihawk and hope you can do enough damage to kill him in 4 turns. Credit for this strategy goes to someone on reddit that is where I found the strategy.

Yeah I am using the first video as a guide. And I do have Lucci. The problem with the thing you wrote is, that my Mihawk as not his special at max, so I can't use it again at the Strawhat stage.

I need to get it to work with my team I have. As I said, I got past level 19 once so that means it is doable. I just need to get really lucky with my orbs :/.

As of Fallout Shelter coming out yesterday, I'm finding my time spent elsewhere. I've barely been playing the last few days due to the character box limit. If they increased it I'd probably spend much more time on Treasure Cruise. It is just a bummer I can't do much with the limit right now.
:(

RedBoot

At least a skill up event is kind of like a temporary box increase, since I'll get 10-15 slots back from using skill books. :(

Also, I think we're getting Kohza, Chaka, and Pell a lot earlier than their debuts in the japanese version, right? Makes more sense to get them now.

Tidd

Also, I think we're getting Kohza, Chaka, and Pell a lot earlier than their debuts in the japanese version, right? Makes more sense to get them now.

You're right. Chaka and Pell were introduced during the 23th fortnight island and Koza during the 27th fortnight island. Kraken is the 14th. So we get them 4/7 months earlier than Japan. And things like this is what irritates me a lot regarding the box space issue. On the one hand we get characters and new features way earlier than japan and on the other hand they don't give a fuck about our box.

DrAg0nBoY

Finally got the boat, almost upgraded it to max to :D. Need only one more rank up (got 3 failures till now, which for now is not as bad as with Merry).

Will probably still use the Merry, till I upgrade this boat to max for my slasher team.

Finally got the boat, almost upgraded it to max to :D. Need only one more rank up (got 3 failures till now, which for now is not as bad as with Merry).

Will probably still use the Merry, till I upgrade this boat to max for my slasher team.
Congrats! Did you have to make any changes to your team / strategy in order to win?

DrAg0nBoY

Congrats! Did you have to make any changes to your team / strategy in order to win?

No I used the same team and used the same strategy as all of my runs (the same as in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3TwKsg2GKE).

The thing was that I was just really lucky with my orbs. Finished Ussopp and Zoro in the same turn and got to Luffy when he was still on his 3rd turn so I had plenty of time to finish him off (although it was close).

I was shaking the whole time on the Mugiwara and then at the Mihawk stage, but I got finally the boat.

No I used the same team and used the same strategy as all of my runs (the same as in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3TwKsg2GKE).

The thing was that I was just really lucky with my orbs. Finished Ussopp and Zoro in the same turn and got to Luffy when he was still on his 3rd turn so I had plenty of time to finish him off (although it was close).

I was shaking the whole time on the Mugiwara and then at the Mihawk stage, but I got finally the boat.

I don't know how the heck that guy managed to do that with such low character levels. I think it really all comes down to what luck you get on the last 2 stages.

You've inspired me to finally buckle down and get this thing done though! I've done three runs so far and, just like you, I keep getting stuck on the Mugiwara stage. My last run, Luffy literally must have had 10 health left, ugh. It's going to happen though! I just need to not choke on Stage 19 and it'll be smooth sailing!

Got it! Took me 5 tries, but the stars finally aligned. I am now the proud owner of a Coffin Boat! Thanks DrAg0nBoY for the inspiration!

I had 263 Cola saved up, so obviously I only made it to Level 9. I had six 20 cola fails, five of which were on the last level. Sigh, so begins the grind.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yay for special up; that's gonna free up 45 slots for me! If I'm lucky, I'll get 2 special ups for my perseverance.

chrono01

At least a skill up event is kind of like a temporary box increase, since I'll get 10-15 slots back from using skill books. :(
That's true, I'll be able to free up a few of my spaces by using my Marco/Alvida books, but not a whole lot. It's better than nothing, I guess.

Congrats! I still need to do that training island. :/

Is there an easy way to farm kid blue turtles

I have so many swines to evolve
Easy way? Not really. Eventually we'll get other color turtle islands/turtle times, but it's not yet incorporated into global. :(

Got it! Took me 5 tries, but the stars finally aligned. I am now the proud owner of a Coffin Boat! Thanks DrAg0nBoY for the inspiration!

I had 263 Cola saved up, so obviously I only made it to Level 9. I had six 20 cola fails, five of which were on the last level. Sigh, so begins the grind.
Yay, congrats!

Kyou

Easy way? Not really. Eventually we'll get other color turtle islands/turtle times, but it's not yet incorporated into global. :(
Orange Town 8 has pretty common ones and double drop today so I went there, got 11 of the 12 I needed before I ran out of stamina. Bah.

Going to be razor close to evolving ace though so that'll be nice

chrono01

Orange Town 8 has pretty common ones and double drop today so I went there, got 11 of the 12 I needed before I ran out of stamina. Bah.

Going to be razor close to evolving ace though so that'll be nice
Oh, very nice! Evolving your Ace for Kraken?

chrono01

yeah figured I might as well. Once I get the last pork evolved it'll probably only take one good turtle time to finish him off.
Once he's evolved he literally eats XP at a higher level, but if you can get him to 50-60, you should be fine.

Best of luck to you.

sasari

God... Kraken soon and my quick team sucks...
Have the choice of
  • Diablo Sanji
  • Mr Prince
  • Horn Point
  • Tashigi
  • Miss Valentine
  • Black Cage Hina
  • Lucci
  • Kaku
  • Unevolved Kuro
  • Gin
  • Lulu

Any recommendations on who to focus levelling? All about 30-50 at the mo

God... Kraken soon and my quick team sucks...
Have the choice of
  • Diablo Sanji
  • Mr Prince
  • Horn Point
  • Tashigi
  • Miss Valentine
  • Black Cage Hina
  • Lucci
  • Kaku
  • Unevolved Kuro
  • Gin
  • Lulu

Any recommendations on who to focus levelling? All about 30-50 at the mo

Lucci, Kaku, Lulu, Miss Valentine, Hina, and then whoever else. Out of those, I would focus Lucci and Kaku most for leveling, and then Hina. Those first two units will be useful for more than just Kraken, and so will Hina to an extent.

That will make a really good team and they're all decent characters anyway. Hate to keep self promoting, but here's my guide if you want to check it out: Kraken Guide

RalchAC

I wonder if they'll drop Zephyr during the skill up event. That would be wonderful considering my box is starting to reach critical mass.

Usually they advice like two weeks before the event. If they start hyping Zephyr as soon as the guy finishes his summer holidays... Maybe.

Are you people going to use all your FP on turtles? Doesn't look like we're getting a new FP event soon.

DrAg0nBoY

I will probably do the Kraken Islands just for the free gem. Don't even have a good qck team (too low levels).

Will farm Alvidas Island for her skillbook and red turtles and then Kuro for Ussopp skillbooks.

chrono01

we will get a Sugofest fest this month? and we will get it while there's still the int rate up?
A Sugofest with an INT rate-up means a better chance to obtain Rayleigh. Namco Bandai is probably trying to avoid that. :(

I'd expect a Sugofest just after the INT rate-up ends, which is unfortunate, since I still need both Rayleigh and other INT members [such as Nico Robin].

Qmzn

Neo Member
Did a Global Rare Recruit today, in sad, desperate hopes for a Nico Robin, or at least a base Nami to evolve into Mirage.

Got Towel Nami. Didn't have, so... hooray? Far better than Chu or Krieg, at least.

chrono01

I will give my account away after the next Sugofest. Won't tell anyone what I got, though.
Sad to see you go, but you have to do what you have to do. :(

Did a Global Rare Recruit today, in sad, desperate hopes for a Nico Robin, or at least a base Nami to evolve into Mirage.

Got Towel Nami. Didn't have, so... hooray? Far better than Chu or Krieg, at least.
Congrats! Towel Nami is great.

I still need Nico Robin too.

linkent

Did the same.. Saw the golden paper!!
Luffy came out.. (Pre 2G evo) :(

Majukun

me so jelly,i have still 20 towel nami skillbooks in the storage that i can't use because i never got her :(

Qmzn

Neo Member
Did the same.. Saw the golden paper!!
Luffy came out.. (Pre 2G evo) :(

Ugh. Why are the V1 Straw Hats in Rare Recruit, again? They should be in FP Recruit, damn it.

me so jelly,i have still 20 towel nami skillbooks in the storage that i can't use because i never got her :(

I had 25 a month ago. I was running out of box space, so I used them for leveling. :(

With all these characters out in the JP version, it's been educational seeing the difference between the three attack buffs - generic, type-specific and debuff-dependent. With only Kaku, Coby, and Robin out in Global, I had no idea you were only allowed to have one of each type out at any time.

Makes sense, though. Otherwise, teams would be Kaku + Coby + Doffy all day. It also makes more sense why later bosses throw up debuff blockers, so players can't stack Sadi on top of their Doflamingo buff.

It's bizarre how I've already taken my Sabo team past Alubarna. Croc is INT, so he was destroyed in one turn. Also. Sabo + Franky is great. It's like a two-unit version of Doflamingo, but in PSY.

Top Bottom