• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Heng

Just got home from school, I can help do some barrel runs if anyone needs them. I'm gold today as well. (Don't really care if I get them done for the week or not, just offering help)

Majukun

Sorry, I'm a dummy for leaving that out. xD Quote to see.

ok,gotcha

and got keys too,thank you

i'm done for this week,sorry heng..maybe next time

if we are not already friends in the game add me..my id is in the list in the first post..i only use my first account though,you can avoid my secondary one

Heng

We're already friends. I usually just go to Chrono's postal code T5G 3A6. Tapping now.
Damn... That took longer than I expected. Well if you still want to do it, I'll be tapping. If anyone else wants a gold chest, add me and set at T5G 3A6.

Edit: You don't have to be gold chest.

Tidd

Damn, I got lucky on my japanese account. Beat Enel on 30 stamina with one gem and got him.
Also it looks like japan gets a turtle time for nearly 5 straight days? and they get 2 old fortnights back as well as 2 old raid bosses per week? or something like that. I still can't read japanese lol I should wait for the blog translation, because I'm definitly wrong :D

And for everyone playing the japanese version:
Be careful when you change your devices. Looks like there is a bug and you could lose your account! --> http://optc-guide.com/2015/08/27/psa-error-400-67-37/

Spinx

I don't have any good dex units so no Enel for me(Asura Zoro lol).

Hey Bandai !

2747709-5079276990-27434.gif

Fuck you and your GP Usopp books.

RalchAC

Damn, I got lucky on my japanese account. Beat Enel on 30 stamina with one gem and got him.
Also it looks like japan gets a turtle time for nearly 5 straight days? and they get 2 old fortnights back as well as 2 old raid bosses per week? or something like that. I still can't read japanese lol I should wait for the blog translation, because I'm definitly wrong :D

And for everyone playing the japanese version:
Be careful when you change your devices. Looks like there is a bug and you could lose your account! --> http://optc-guide.com/2015/08/27/psa-error-400-67-37/

Hopefully this changes by the time the next Sugofest launches. I want to re-roll (I'll only do it once I've maxed my Global Mihawk TBH).

Do you think they'll include a new difficulty in the Wave 3? And 80 stamina raid boss sounds overkill lol. But with the current changes to the stamina system it wouldn't be that bad for veteran players. Or are Enel, Doffy and Kuzan hard enough as they are?

RalchAC

I missed this edit, but congrats man! Also, how did Korial get his Whitebeard to max special level? He must've gotten lucky with the books and skill ups...

We'll never know because he doesn't like us anymore :(

It's been like forever since his last post here :p

ElChado

Neo Member
whitebeard is such a curse. ive been gemming refills all week still no max special. im 3 away at least but the past few days i've gotten 0 whitebeard skillbooks.

I seriously wish OPTC had the dokkan skill system where skill ups were 100% guaranteed after taking lots of runs to get the drop in the first place, or at least better rates on something, having a 6% drop rate on the book and a sub 30% chance for one single skill up after using 5 is terrible for morale.

Running and gemming for days only to see no skill ups is numbing.

Majukun

whitebeard is such a curse. ive been gemming refills all week still no max special. im 3 away at least but the past few days i've gotten 0 whitebeard skillbooks.

I seriously wish OPTC had the dokkan skill system where skill ups were 100% guaranteed after taking lots of runs to get the drop in the first place, or at least better rates on something, having a 6% drop rate on the book and a sub 30% chance for one single skill up after using 5 is terrible for morale.

i seriously think the game is designed in such a way that after you farm something fot too long,it stops dropping entirely...had the same problem when trying to farm baby turtles,taking advantage of a stamina refill...the drops were pretty decent for the first half..then when i got my stamina refill,the turtles stopped dropping entirely..i spent 90 stamina,5 per time,and nothing would drop after before it was one every 2 runs.
that can't be random...or can it..

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

Just keep at it, it is very doable. Much 'easier' than the initial 6% Gamewith data suggested. It's more like 10% at the minimum.

My only advice would be to do your attempts in bigger batches, as it can be pretty disheartening if you go 0/5 immediately, for example. It took me 8/47 (one of which was a WB dupe). There is still time, so I wish you all the luck in drops and SPLV success.

I missed this edit, but congrats man! Also, how did Korial get his Whitebeard to max special level? He must've gotten lucky with the books and skill ups...
My friends list shows that his WB is indeed MAX skilled.

Edit: I didn't see the how in the sentence and completely misunderstood the question. Derp.

Hana-Bi

Those pig drops on Kraken island are killing me. I get enough baby turtles to evolve them but the other evo mats aren't dropping for me. Tried Syrup village yesterday but nothing dropped. Is there a good way to farm the missing evo mats for those pigs?

StMeph

Also, how did Korial get his Whitebeard to max special level? He must've gotten lucky with the books and skill ups...

He's said a few times that he doesn't trust the RNG, so he doesn't pull from the gatcha anymore now that he has some good units already. He uses the daily stones banked up to farm raid bosses -- and I guess fortnights as well -- to max their specials.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
He's said a few times that he doesn't trust the RNG, so he doesn't pull from the gatcha anymore now that he has some good units already. He uses the daily stones banked up to farm raid bosses -- and I guess fortnights as well -- to max their specials.

I dont think thats true - he pulled the last time for Rayleigh and got him and he didnt have WB before - so he is pulling and doing all the other stuff as well. He is just very hardcore.

You cant max skill units like WB without stoning for stamina or getting them without a bunch of gacha pulls.

Max skilling WB is quite the Achievement...especially since he didnt had the best QCK units last time we texted heh.

I gave Kuro like 3 runs and got nothing..decided to go back to possibly farming pig mats at pig island instead of wasting my time there. I can *barely* do the 30 stamina island with double killers though. Risky.. you guys figure I should just spam the guaranteed 15 stamina one instead? Don't really care *too* much about kraken itself aside from Groggy (I think that's his name) books.

Oh, and I have a question regarding friends - if I go to the training island and play it and quit just to set a captain for a friend, will that work? Or is there some other method that I'm just missing?

RalchAC

I gave Kuro like 3 runs and got nothing..decided to go back to possibly farming pig mats at pig island instead of wasting my time there. I can *barely* do the 30 stamina island with double killers though. Risky.. you guys figure I should just spam the guaranteed 15 stamina one instead? Don't really care *too* much about kraken itself aside from Groggy (I think that's his name) books.

Oh, and I have a question regarding friends - if I go to the training island and play it and quit just to set a captain for a friend, will that work? Or is there some other method that I'm just missing?

Which blue units do you have? Give a look to this site, and look at the different teams shown there. I find it a bit weird that you're having problems with a 2x Killer team (I'm using a safer 2x Ace team though) so maybe you don't have the right subs?

It's managed by our fellow gaffer @Cloggerdude. If you're around here, are you planning to do a guide for Mihawk, Monster Chopper or Garp? Would be interesting, especially Garp since he is a bit more complicated than the first 2 bosses.

And you don't need to enter in a battle to change your captain. Just go at Edit Crew, choose the one with the captain you want and go back.

StMeph

If you're hunting for Kuro, do 30-stam if you can. If you want GP Ussop books, 15-stam is supposed to be better for drops because 30-stam has Sogeking.

To set a captain as active/for someone else, just choose the captain/crew you want in the Crew page and back out. Whoever shows up on the main Adventure page at the bottom is who other people see as well.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
If you're hunting for Kuro, do 30-stam if you can. If you want GP Ussop books, 15-stam is supposed to be better for drops because 30-stam has Sogeking.

To set a captain as active/for someone else, just choose the captain/crew you want in the Crew page and back out. Whoever shows up on the main Adventure page at the bottom is who other people see as well.

GP Usopp books ONLY drop from Elite 15-Stam Kuro humself drops from any difficulty.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I have ran that stupid 15 stamina stage over 30 times, I've had 5 total drops. All extremely scarce and few and far between. Come on! I just need 2 skill ups.

Whoops, I should had mentioned the pig material at Kraken and not pig island, but it seems everyone got the jist. My mistake.

And yeah I was trying to get GP Ussop books to drop, but no results. Not even gonna bother.

The 2x Killer team is just some missteps on my part on managing health - I have the rub subs to get a full x2 blue orb burst on turn 2 of the final boss. But drops do seem better on the 30 so I guess I should just truck on with it regardless, huh?

Thanks for the captain info and the site link too, pretty cool that's run by a gaffer.

RalchAC

Whoops, I should had mentioned the pig material at Kraken and not pig island, but it seems everyone got the jist. My mistake.

And yeah I was trying to get GP Ussop books to drop, but no results. Not even gonna bother.

The 2x Killer team is just some missteps on my part on managing health - I have the rub subs to get a full x2 blue orb burst on turn 2 of the final boss. But drops do seem better on the 30 so I guess I should just truck on with it regardless, huh?

Thanks for the captain info and the site link too, pretty cool that's run by a gaffer.

If you don't feel confident enough you can use a Ace+Lucci and see if that works better for you.

To be completely honest, I don't like much Killer leads. When I've tapped various characters in a fast succession sometimes I've got weird bugs like two characters attack overlapping, the screen going black and stuff like that. So I usually use him as a sub instead.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
To be completely honest, I don't like much Killer leads. When I've tapped various characters in a fast succession sometimes I've got weird bugs like two characters attack overlapping, the screen going black and stuff like that. So I usually use him as a sub instead.

I don't like Killer leads much either, if I may chime in as well. It's too reliant on the final hitter rather than being able to control damage as a whole throughout the combo chain. Despite what the damage calculator may say for him, I feel consistency in 2.5x or 2x leads is more thorough.

He's definitely a great QCK sub, but it can't be faulted either if he's a player's best QCK leader to use.

RedBoot

The other thing to remember (assuming my math is correct) is that Killer is only at his best with another Killer captain. Killer+Ace is only around 10k higher damage than the Lucci+Jozu team I've been using on the Kraken (assuming equivalent crew). I've got like two other Killer captains on my friendlist, while I can have my pick of Aces, Jozus, and Luccis.

Friend captain availability is always something to keep in mind when planning for farming. It's why I've been focusing so much on double Mihawk teams for the various raid bosses, since you'll never be hurting to find a Mihawk on the friend list.

Heng

I go with Capone Gang Bege with Josu. If you have Kaku and Hina, it should be pretty easy to kill kraken on the 4th turn. I've also done it with Capone and Ace, I'll leave him up if you want to try it with him.

RalchAC

I don't like Killer leads much either, if I may chime in as well. It's too reliant on the final hitter rather than being able to control damage as a whole throughout the combo chain. Despite what the damage calculator may say for him, I feel consistency in 2.5x or 2x leads is more thorough.

He's definitely a great QCK sub, but it can't be faulted either if he's a player's best QCK leader to use.

I have a level 60 (I think Ace). I don't think we're using the sheet with our IDs and stuff anymore, but if you don't have me in your friend list send me a PM and I'll add you.

I think I have like 85 friends and 120 slots lol.

Qmzn

Neo Member

This isn't entirely accurate--even if you've switched captains, the change is only reported during certain data transactions with the game servers.

The quickest reliable way to trigger this is to change your captain, bounce to the world map, then options, choose the option at the bottom to exit to the title screen, then re-enter the game.

I'm giving up on 15-sta kuro, the drop rates on there are so atriciously bad.. and I just got 0 skill ups from the 3 books I got in the entire week.

Max skill GP would be amazing, but this events' drop rates are clearly designed to make people waste stamina on literally nothing.

RalchAC

I'm giving up on 15-sta kuro, the drop rates on there are so atriciously bad.. and I just got 0 skill ups from the 3 books I got in the entire week.

Max skill GP would be amazing, but this events' drop rates are clearly designed to make people waste stamina on literally nothing.

There is a Doffy strategy (the one that uses 2x Monster Chopper I think) that needs a maxed Gp Usopp. We may get the Duck Squad event before Doffy, considering we won't get Zephyr until late September or early October.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
ev53nnS.jpg

It took forever to get these 5 books to drop. Fed them all in one go and got the 2 skill-up's I needed to MAX GP Usopp. Praise Usopp. Now if only he'd let me max Mihawk's ship.

All the blue turtles let me get Jinbe to 70 and evolved, at least.

chrono01

Reading all of the GP Usopp troubles makes me glad I managed to max skill him the first time. :(

Keep it up, all! I know it can be frustrating, but he's worth it. And congrats, pelicansurf!

Top Bottom