• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

If Maju-kun isn't available yet we can barrel break if you want.

I can meet at Wesley if you want, have an Android device. Just be a little patient because my Fake GPS app sometimes works on his own so I have to re-check a couple of times it's switched on lol

StMeph

I can meet at Wesley if you want, have an Android device. Just be a little patient because my Fake GPS app sometimes works on his own so I have to re-check a couple of times it's switched on lol

It seems that I've failed, because it's actually Westley. Also not a place.

Majukun

sadly, I'm not that good looking

latest

RalchAC

Ok lol

I'm up for tapping, with you or anyone else. I'll be here for a while, so just let me know!

T5G 3A6 [most of you probably have this Postal Code memorized by now >_<]

That postal code, municipio Roma IX and Barsbüttel are probably fixed in my memory forever at this point lol.

That said, wanna barrel break?

chrono01

still two tries left people..come on are so little people left playing this game?
People are still playing, but I think the original "gold chest" users we used to tap with have since moved on.

We've gained more new users since then, so our population/userbase has grown overall, just not for barrel-breaking. Most probably go to Reddit or something. :(

Also, as Ralch said. The only thing that BB are good for now are keys, and they're still relatively rare, even with gold chests. I get cola most of the time, and I get enough of those from snails. :/

Majukun

People are still playing, but I think the original "gold chest" users we used to tap with have since moved on.

We've gained more new users since then, so our population/userbase has grown overall, just not for barrel-breaking. Most probably go to Reddit or something. :(

Also, as Ralch said. The only thing that BB are good for now are keys, and they're still relatively rare, even with gold chests. I get cola most of the time, and I get enough of those from snails. :/

well,last time an user left his friend code on reddit,he got his account hacked,so i'll pass :(

chrono01

well,last time an user left his friend code on reddit,he got his account hacked,so i'll pass :(
That's one of the primary reasons I avoid posting my information there. :(

I don't know how his/her account would be hacked just by posting his user ID, though. He/She must have posted a screenshot of his unit, rank, etc. in conjunction with it, since more is needed than just your ID. Either way, I'm going to stay here with barrel-breaking, until the dire end.

StMeph

Without an account restoration code, you can still recover (or steal) an account by contacting service and providing as much detailed information as possible for them to find the account. Since there's no other possible verification process, they just kind of hand over some codes at that point, I think.

So knowing ID isn't enough, but if you post a full screenshot of your ID along with pirate rank, beli, fruits, and crew/box that's enough detailed info to get your account. The box especially.

Hana-Bi

Should be overkill. Probably OHKO if you have STR orbs.

Thanks. :)

Will a Nami, Nami, Buggy, Broggy Nico Robin and Coby team work for Garp or is a double Mihawk team (hopefully I can max his skill - still without any skill ups) the easier way to clear the 40 stamina stage?

Tidd

Just used my eight days old password to change devices and it worked! So I guess the expired date in the email you get with a date 3 month later is correct. Furthermore you don't need to issue a new password to change your device again. Even if you changed your device the password is still valid.

RalchAC

Thanks. :)

Will a Nami, Nami, Buggy, Broggy Nico Robin and Coby team work for Garp or is a double Mihawk team (hopefully I can max his skill - still without any skill ups) the easier way to clear the 40 stamina stage?

A 2x Towel Nami team should be able to defeat him. But I think most people used a Gear Third (Friend) + Towel Nami team.

INT teams don't have a unit that can give them a full board of matching orbs, so G3 works like a charm considering the Broggy+Buggy combo will give you 3 matching orbs.

I've used the damage calculator and you get 1,6 million damage in one turn with Robin, Buggy and your Towel Nami at level 70, used maxed Merry with a G3 / Nami team. A 2x Nami team does like 1.3 or 1.4 million damage. So both should be possible.

Keep in mind that your team wouldn't have much health, so you cannot stand many hits.

A double Mihawk team should work too. Ideally you can rely on 1 Mihawk special (a maxed friend) but you'll rely less in orb luck if yours is maxed too. The recommended team uses 2 strong INT units (Helmeppo, Vista and Crocodile are the best ones in Global) and Alvida and Smoker for tanking hits.

I think Smoker needed a cooldown of 17-18, but it's posible Smoker is no longer needed if you have a Coffin Ship at level 8-10 (since it gives you extra health we didn't have in Global). I may do the math later and see if I can add a Mr3 or something to the mix so I can do some extra damage or something.

I'm available to tap if anyone is interested.

Mmmmm. I could if you want, but I'm going to start watching a film in a minue so I may forget we're barrel tapping if you take too long to answer :p

Qmzn

Neo Member
hahaha I got excited for these global announcements but Japan is killing it again. Looks like they are getting a 6* Mihawk and Crocodile. (I'm not sure if they will be really 6* because I don't speak any japanese but it looks like it). and they get another type like freedom.

The two new 6* units are INT Mihawk: Shichibukai and DEX Crocodile: Logia. The new secondary type is &#21338;&#35672;, hakushiki. Most places translate that as "extensive knowledge" or "profound knowledge". Characters such as Nami, Mr. Prince, Crocodile, Brain Point Chopper, and Kuro are typical examples--mostly clever types that are planning ten steps ahead, rather than impulsively punching the crap out of stuff like Luffy.

I'd imagine global will try and keep it short and simple with something like "knowledge", "well-informed", "crafty", "insightful", or "strategist" even though those aren't exact. Such is the nature of localizing a Japanese game, where two little kanji equal a bunch of words in English.

Logia Crocodile will probably be the flagship captain for this new type. Not sure where they're going with Mihawk... could be a 3x super-slasher with HP restrictions, or the captain for a third type that hasn't been rolled out.

Just used my eight days old password to change devices and it worked! So I guess the expired date in the email you get with a date 3 month later is correct. Furthermore you don't need to issue a new password to change your device again. Even if you changed your device the password is still valid.

Thanks for checking that out. Considering the maintenance schedules for Japan and Global are really similar, I'm guessing they either use the same servers, or are being managed by the same team. Either way, it appears the server software is being updated agnostic of the game client.

Woo, managed to rush evolving Robin to her 5* form! I have 7 skillbooks for her, I've been poking about best methods of giving them to her. Some say 2 at a time is best, some say 3..I know in the end it's all RNG, but do you guys have any methods you swear by for this kind of stuff?

Majukun

Woo, managed to rush evolving Robin to her 5* form! I have 7 skillbooks for her, I've been poking about best methods of giving them to her. Some say 2 at a time is best, some say 3..I know in the end it's all RNG, but do you guys have any methods you swear by for this kind of stuff?

it's rng,chance will not change whatever methof you choose..every single skillbook has his own separate "chance" to work or not.
Sorry, I'm at work and haven't been able to keep checking my cellphone. I'm ready now though.

'key meet me at chrono's place..you find his usual postcode on some previous post

EDIT: keys,thank you

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I've run 15-Stam Elite Kuro at least 10 times and probably closer to 15-20 (haven't been counting) without getting a single GP Usopp skill book. Is the drop rate THAT low, or am I just having bad luck?

Hana-Bi

A 2x Towel Nami team should be able to defeat him. But I think most people used a Gear Third (Friend) + Towel Nami team.

INT teams don't have a unit that can give them a full board of matching orbs, so G3 works like a charm considering the Broggy+Buggy combo will give you 3 matching orbs.

I've used the damage calculator and you get 1,6 million damage in one turn with Robin, Buggy and your Towel Nami at level 70, used maxed Merry with a G3 / Nami team. A 2x Nami team does like 1.3 or 1.4 million damage. So both should be possible.

Keep in mind that your team wouldn't have much health, so you cannot stand many hits.

A double Mihawk team should work too. Ideally you can rely on 1 Mihawk special (a maxed friend) but you'll rely less in orb luck if yours is maxed too. The recommended team uses 2 strong INT units (Helmeppo, Vista and Crocodile are the best ones in Global) and Alvida and Smoker for tanking hits.

I think Smoker needed a cooldown of 17-18, but it's posible Smoker is no longer needed if you have a Coffin Ship at level 8-10 (since it gives you extra health we didn't have in Global). I may do the math later and see if I can add a Mr3 or something to the mix so I can do some extra damage or something.
Thanks for your answer. :)

Didn't consider such a team with G3/Nami.

Majukun

I've run 15-Stam Elite Kuro at least 10 times and probably closer to 15-20 (haven't been counting) without getting a single GP Usopp skill book. Is the drop rate THAT low, or am I just having bad luck?

the drop rate is bad,but shouldn't be that bad if i remember correctly...otherwise i wouldn't ever maxed it.

but sometimes the rng hates you..i know that pretty well..last guy a was able to farm was arlong in the first month of game..after that nobody ever dropped on me..nobody i wanted at least.

or i still have a lv 9 merry after hundreds of cola

RalchAC

I did like 6 runs, got 2 books, got 0 skill ups. Went at the character database. Saw that GP books are released in a Fortnight that will get released in around 3 months or so (The Duck Squad one).

If you wait for a while, you could farm GP books on an island where the EXP/Stamina ratio doesn't sucks. Plus if we get the Oars event in Halloween (which would be quite cool TBH) we may get GP Usopp books too.

Edit: Got FP :(

Kumo

People on reddit are saying it seems like they lowered the drop rate compared to the first time Kuro came around, probably because we all have stronger teams by now. There's another chance for GP books when Hogback fortnight comes out next week with a much better drop rate (21%). It's too bad. I wanted to take advantage of the skill up event while it's still going on. :p

People on reddit are saying it seems like they lowered the drop rate compared to the first time Kuro came around, probably because we all have stronger teams by now. There's another chance for GP books when Hogback fortnight comes out next week with a much better drop rate (21%). It's too bad. I wanted to take advantage of the skill up event while it's still going on. :p
Are you sure about that? AFAIK, Hogback has Sogeking SBs and GP SBs aren't coming back around until the end of November, when we get the Duck Squad fortnight isle.

Top Bottom