• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

I've been doing some Alvida missions due to the 2x Drop chance and wow... The recruit 30 Alvida's crew members is brutal. It's not recruiting 30 cabin boys or 30 fodder units. They only count the units that you use in the ex-Alvidas crew rebellion. So only 1/4 of the units you get actually count.

Do they give a fancy ship after you get 100% or can I ignore it?

Heng

I've been doing some Alvida missions due to the 2x Drop chance and wow... The recruit 30 Alvida's crew members is brutal. It's not recruiting 30 cabin boys or 30 fodder units. They only count the units that you use in the ex-Alvidas crew rebellion. So only 1/4 of the units you get actually count.

Do they give a fancy ship after you get 100% or can I ignore it?
I don't remember getting anything special for clearing the first mission besides the cut scene of their new bounty after Enies Lobby. The guides I have in my bookmark doesn't show any reward for beating all the mission either.

RalchAC

I don't remember getting anything special for clearing the first mission besides the cut scene of their new bounty after Enies Lobby. The guides I have in my bookmark doesn't show any reward for beating all the mission either.

Beating the alvida missions give you alvidas boat. it isnt really used at all though.

Thanks to you two! Btw can somebody set up a cannoneer? I finally have all the necessary units for that mission

Qmzn

Neo Member
After many days of crap luck, things turned around. In Global, after around 10 failures, I put up the 11th GP Usopp book for sacrifice, said some rather nasty things about Treasure Cruise and Bamco as I pushed the button, and finally got the one skill level I've been missing to get to MAX. Verbal abuse might become the core of my superstitious luck ritual.

Then, off to Alvida #2, where the Blue Robber Penguin I needed for Ms. Valentine's evolution dropped, finally putting me in a position to reliably run Expert Kraken with a day remaining. But really, it's more about getting Ms. Valentine back. She was my first rare recruit pull outside of the tutorial, and I ditched her because I didn't know a damned thing about the game at the time.

JP side, I got Enel from Expert in three runs, spending 6 gems, skipped Doffy because I didn't have a snowball's chance, then was super-lucky to nab Aokiji in 4 gems, thanks to some orb luck.

90 gems going into the Mihawk/Croc Sugo. Come at me, Coby.

Heng

Most of you guys probably have finished the 0 stamina, but after 2 days of trying (Not a lot of Whitebeard friends on since kraken island) but I've finally finished it! I wanted to go slasher crew but Mr.3 was a bit too low and any extra fodders went to either Whitebeard or Robin (for Garp). It was actually easy but the problem was that I kept choking on the Strawhats crew. On the final try, I went with all 3 30% reduction on them and wiped them out without a problem.

Thanks for everyone who gave me tips and their strategy to beat it, and big shout out to Korial if he still browses here for the 17 turn Whitebeard.

Spinx

35 runs + 0 GP books =
p4irbvW.gif

RalchAC

Most of you guys probably have finished the 0 stamina, but after 2 days of trying (Not a lot of Whitebeard friends on since kraken island) but I've finally finished it! I wanted to go slasher crew but Mr.3 was a bit too low and any extra fodders went to either Whitebeard or Robin (for Garp). It was actually easy but the problem was that I kept choking on the Strawhats crew. On the final try, I went with all 3 30% reduction on them and wiped them out without a problem.

Thanks for everyone who gave me tips and their strategy to beat it, and big shout out to Korial if he still browses here for the 17 turn Whitebeard.

Congratulations!

35 runs + 0 GP books =
p4irbvW.gif

I can't understand how you guys bother doing something like that. The dungeon is too easy, it's not even fun. The drop rate sucks. The exp rate sucks. I only enter there if I have some stamina to waste when I'm about to level up.

We'll get the Duck Squad island in a while.

I wished it was Shanks. Just checked and it's Euss kid or something like that.

That's an even better pull than Shanks. Shanks is kinda overrated anyway. Granted he's a good PSY swordsman sub and a 2.5 PSY lead but PSY teams aren't exactly lacking in good leads and his stats are horrid for the 4 million XP it takes to cap him.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Havent played OPTC this weekend...first time since launch that i couldnt even bother with regular quest. Kinda sucks... Box management killed my enjoyment of the game.

I wished it was Shanks. Just checked and it's Euss kid or something like that.

Sometimes i forget that nor everyone who plays the game has read the manga or watched the show xD Kidd is a great unit and a Top Unit in OPTC.

3/10 on Whitebeard with 20 hours left. Guess I'll have to wait for the next Kraken island to hopefully max his special.

On the positive (?) side, I did max out Dancing Django's special.

Copons

Today is a great day, because finally one of the countless GP Usop's manuals dropped in the last few days actually worked, pushing his skill to the astounding heights of LEVEL 2!!

Kumo

Got one skill up on whitebeard aww yiss. I'll have to wait until the next time kraken comes around. Spent a lot of gems on alvida's fortnight already and I'm pretty burned out on farming for skill ups. MC and Garp are next on my list, along with mirage tempo nami books.

RalchAC

Havent played OPTC this weekend...first time since launch that i couldnt even bother with regular quest. Kinda sucks... Box management killed my enjoyment of the game.

My box doesn't have skill books, but it has a lot of unevolved pigs and baby turtles I can't use because the Kraken Island doesn't give evolving materials :(

I'll do some daily evo islands during the half stamina thing to try to evolve a bunch of them.

Do you already have Mihawk, Chopper and Garp maxed Sasuke?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
My box doesn't have skill books, but it has a lot of unevolved pigs and baby turtles I can't use because the Kraken Island doesn't give evolving materials :(

I'll do some daily evo islands during the half stamina thing to try to evolve a bunch of them.

Do you already have Mihawk, Chopper and Garp maxed Sasuke?

Yeah i also need to find something to do or work towards to - kinda aimless right now lol. I should give the Mihawk training Island another shot or try the Alvida Missions.

I have Mihawk maxed, Garp is one Skill up away from max and MC isnt skilled at all. I would MC a shot now that we have Kaku....but outside of a skill up event its kinda tough.

RalchAC

Yeah i also need to find something to do or work towards to - kinda aimless right now lol. I should give the Mihawk training Island another shot or try the Alvida Missions.

I have Mihawk maxed, Garp is one Skill up away from max and MC isnt skilled at all. I would MC a shot now that we have Kaku....but outside of a skill up event its kinda tough.

You could try to get a bunch of skill ups or save a bunch of copies (not many) so you don't have to farm a lot of Choppers next time. Doing the same boss over and over again is a bit exausting TBH.

RalchAC

I'm so sad that Kraken Ends today, I only got like 5 White Beard Books and only 3 worked. :c

I've got like 10 Izo books and got him to level 2-3. Not that I care since he is still below Kalifa CD and I don't care about farming Ivankov

I don't really care about the units dropped in Hogback island. I'll farm Mr. 1 whenever I can I guess. At least I'll get some extra INT and PSY stuff for my Zephyr team and for Slasher Crocodile

RalchAC

So I've used today Turtle Time (12 runs) to bring my Crocodile from level 1 to level 61. Got 0 super successes though. Next Turtle Time for me is at 3AM, but I don't think I'm doing it tbh. Now I just need to max skill Mihawk and I'll be able to reliably farm Garp.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I got hit with the unlucky 5pm / 3am turtle time, so only 1 turtle time for me today. Got 12 elders though. Got unevolved level 50 kid to evolved level 50 kid, evolved my second croc to 5-star version and got an evolved Jinbe to 50. My priorities are to max Kid, then either Jozu or most likely Alvida (both evolved). Gotta get my Dofla crew ready!

Also, with Rayleigh, I will farm the shit out of Garp, to hopefully max his skill level by the purple raid boss's arrival. Can't farm him with Marco without it.

Verelios

Whoooooo 0 skill ups 60+ runs on Kuro Elite! Whooo, whoooooo, oh yeah! Wasted all that time whooooooooooooooooo

5 books dropped Whoooooo

I am just about done with TC. Forget it, I'm playing casually now. More casually I mean. Farmjng skilbooks isn't worth it.

That's an even better pull than Shanks. Shanks is kinda overrated anyway. Granted he's a good PSY swordsman sub and a 2.5 PSY lead but PSY teams aren't exactly lacking in good leads and his stats are horrid for the 4 million XP it takes to cap him.

yeah not great at the amount (and wasn't sure if he had the 4 or 5* version) though i assume psy will get better in the future?

Spinx

If you log out, the game saves the current wave you're in along with the amount of damage you've done/received.
Sorry, I meant just get out of the run, like quitting through a menu.

Edit: got an elder and two daimyos. I'm good.

chrono01

Sorry, I meant just get out of the run, like quitting through a menu.

Edit: got an elder and two daimyos. I'm good.
It doesn't matter anyway, the drops are determined the instant you enter the level. As for these special turtle events, I'm pretty sure at least one Elder is guaranteed per run, that being on the last stage.

Edit: Not so guaranteed after all. Thankfully, I got an Elder invade on an earlier floor.

Whoooooo 0 skill ups 60+ runs on Kuro Elite! Whooo, whoooooo, oh yeah! Wasted all that time whooooooooooooooooo

5 books dropped Whoooooo

I am just about done with TC. Forget it, I'm playing casually now. More casually I mean. Farmjng skilbooks isn't worth it.

I like farming skillbooks on events where you've got at least 1 decent book drop every 2 runs minimum.

Kuro-level % rates are so bad they ruin my enjoyment of the game entirely.

RalchAC

I wanted to download Droid4x for RE rolling but for some reason it's stuck at 81%. Damn. I want to play the JP version with a Legend!

I like farming skillbooks on events where you've got at least 1 decent book drop every 2 runs minimum.

Kuro-level % rates are so bad they ruin my enjoyment of the game entirely.

That's why I've been telling people for days to wait until the Duck Squad :p

It can't be worse than Kuro.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Reminder for mihawk: try my burst strategy. :)

Don't stall on the turtles. They take off 2500 HP per attack. The green penguin on hte other hand takes off only 800-something.

Here is my team:
Level 9 merry
Captain: L52 G3 Luffy (no special ups)
Friend Captain: G3 Luffy
L58 Sharks on Tooth Arlong (no special ups)
L86 Coby (special Lv 3)
MAX GP Usopp (no special ups)
L28 Diable Jambe Sanji (no spcial ups).

What I do is beat the first 2 rounds using the max # of turns without taking any damage. I beat the pirate on the third round and stall on the green penguin with sanji, also setting up matching orbs for arlong and my G3s. Coby, Usopp, and Sanji all fill their specials on the same turn during this stalling.

On round 4, I use sanji's special to clear everyone instantly.

Against Mihawk I use GP Usopp and coby specials instantly and go to work, with the orb setup from the penguin stall :)

Top Bottom