• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Copons

I've got such a lucky run lazy-farming Mihawk: 4 skills up from 10 or so books.
My Mihawk's special is level 11 and I'm totally fine with it, considering I didn't want to throw all my gems into it (I'd rather waste them during sugofests to get new people to raise, which is what I enjoy the most of this game).

RalchAC

I think I'll skip MC farming and try to max Garps skill level.

Is MC needed for Doffy runs or what other teams are viable?

There is a MC team but I think it needs gp Ussop maxed.

There is a 2x Mihawk team. Subs are Arlong. Mr1, Perona and Ussop.

I'm not going to farm him either. I'll farm like 30 Garp's and save them for skill up. And that's only because I've wastde so much time building a team for him I'll feel stupid if I didn't do it.

Majukun

so..if i understand correctly..MC skill is totaly random?it means that i an take down a good chunk of energy from a boss or nothing and all?
doesn't seem a skill you can rely on and that it's important to max

RalchAC

so..if i understand correctly..MC skill is totaly random?it means that i an take down a good chunk of energy from a boss or nothing and all?
doesn't seem a skill you can rely on and that it's important to max

If you aren't happy with the damage his skill has done you can close the app open it again and use the skill until you like the results. Feels like a waste of time so I wouldn't do it in a boss farming day tbh

The skill looks like it cam be useful, but there are far more interesting bosses like Garp, so unless you have him maxed or you don't care much about gem spending I wouldn't really bother.

Majukun

If you aren't happy with the damage his skill has done you can close the app open it again and use the skill until you like the results. Feels like a waste of time so I wouldn't do it in a boss farming day tbh

The skill looks like it cam be useful, but there are far more interesting bosses like Garp, so unless you have him maxed or you don't care much about gem spending I wouldn't really bother.

wait is it true?when closing the app it makes you use all the skills again?

actually i was thinking about trying with both..i have 52 gems..but they are both starting from lv 1...

linkent

If your stamina is below 120, do al least consider "semi-gemming" MC and Garp.
What i meant is to play 2x40sta, wait for it to refill till 40. Do 1 event and gem and repeat.
Doflamingo 100% drop at 60Stamina. Will be hard to do if you have below 120.

Heng

If your stamina is below 120, do al least consider "semi-gemming" MC and Garp.
What i meant is to play 2x40sta, wait for it to refill till 40. Do 1 event and gem and repeat.
Doflamingo 100% drop at 60Stamina. Will be hard to do if you have below 120.
Do we know when his raid will come out? And isn't the next raid going to be Zephyr (might be a fort night and I'm getting those confused)?

RalchAC

Do we know when his raid will come out? And isn't the next raid going to be Zephyr (might be a fort night and I'm getting those confused)?

It's Zephyr -> Ivankov -> Doffy.

Let's say Zephyr arrived the last week of September (28/9 - 04/10). Then we should get Doffy on early December unless they do some weird stuff again.

Heng

Let's say Zephyr arrived the last week of September (28/9 - 04/10). Then we should get Doffy on early December unless they do some weird stuff again.
Cool, thanks for the info. I think I'll have plenty of time to level myself to get 120 stamina by then.

wait is it true?when closing the app it makes you use all the skills again?

actually i was thinking about trying with both..i have 52 gems..but they are both starting from lv 1...

Yes, it's true. It's even true for enemies that randomly lock one of your units. If it locks one of your captains or something, then you can simply close the app, restart, and it will randomly choose a character again.

Some people have asked me to include the trick in my guides, but I've decided against it for now. I'm not going to look down on people for using it, since it's nothing crazy, but I do still feel like it's against the spirit of the game.

Which is taking all our money. But still.

RalchAC

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I'll have plenty of time to level myself to get 120 stamina by then.

I'm expecting a Sugofest announced the day after Garp and Zephyr announced the day after the Sugofest lol.

Still, I'm not pulling next Sugofest. I'll spend a bunch of them with Garp (thankfully I'm getting 10 in 3 days for my 200 days login!) and save for Zephyr and Doffy.

Yes, it's true. It's even true for enemies that randomly lock one of your units. If it locks one of your captains or something, then you can simply close the app, restart, and it will randomly choose a character again.

Some people have asked me to include the trick in my guides, but I've decided against it for now. I'm not going to look down on people for using it, since it's nothing crazy, but I do still feel like it's against the spirit of the game.

Which is taking all our money. But still.

I won't do it because it's a hassle to restart the app. In my phone it takes like 30 seconds to launch lol.

Are you going to do a Hogback guide BTW?

If this ends up being the case then we will be in a much better place for Doffy's first appearance than Japan was. Ducksquad will have passed, so we have the chance to grind GP books without dealing with Kuro. Skypiea story isles will have been released as well, opening the door for a F2P Ohm team.

Hisoka

Congrats to you too!

Congrats i just needed one more skill up and got it as well. Thank god it is over.

Congrats too! :)

Max skilled Mihawk too. Took 80 books for those 15 skill ups. :)

Nice one, Congrats. You've been pretty lucky with the skillups lol.

It's cool to see so many Mihawks maxed.
Hope to see many Garps too. There are so many lvl. Max, but the skill is lvl 1 hnngh.

Does anyone know when Broggy and Dorry got added to the friendpoints during an event the first time in Japan?

Are you going to do a Hogback guide BTW?

Uhhh, yeah, actually. The guide is basically done, but life has been crazy and I just haven't had the time to finish it up. I actually got another guy to write this one for me. While he did a great job, I ended up having to go through and edit most of it again, just because I'm super picky about some things. It's not his fault at all, but I would feel a lot better if I just wrote the entire thing.

tl;dr: Hopefully tomorrow. The basic outline is already uploaded here:

http://www.onepiecestrategy.com/p/hogback-strategy-guide.html

RalchAC

After seeing the knowledge explanation, I definitely hope we see a Greed class helmed by Buggy,
Under the Shichibukai
. He should have the weakest stats of all Legends but a really powerful skill and captain effect.

If Duval is a raid boss then this should not be impossible

Uhhh, yeah, actually. The guide is basically done, but life has been crazy and I just haven't had the time to finish it up. I actually got another guy to write this one for me. While he did a great job, I ended up having to go through and edit most of it again, just because I'm super picky about some things. It's not his fault at all, but I would feel a lot better if I just wrote the entire thing.

tl;dr: Hopefully tomorrow. The basic outline is already uploaded here:

http://www.onepiecestrategy.com/p/hogback-strategy-guide.html

Okay. Is your FB page active so far?

Qmzn

Neo Member
After seeing the knowledge explanation, I definitely hope we see a Greed class helmed by Buggy,
Under the Shichibukai
. He should have the weakest stats of all Legends but a really powerful skill and captain effect.

It's a valid thought, but so far, the secondary types seem to be something that could be either a positive or negative trait, depending on the circumstances. Freedom and Knowledge are broad concepts that can be noble pursuits or twisted to negative ends--i.e. "I have the freedom to kill whomever I want" or "I know exactly how to manipulate an entire country into tearing itself apart." Greed's primarily a negative thing.

With two types down, I think a lot of speculation can be done by process of elimination, like you're doing with Buggy. None of Zoro's forms have been classified yet. Only Maiden and Mr. Prince Sanji forms have been covered. No Smoker, no Doffy, no Mihawk.

It's really hard to find an umbrella that covers all the missing units. I think one of the next types will be "Discipline", "Perseverance", "Dedication", or something like that, and it'll cover all the Marines and Mihawks and such. After that, my money's on a "Pride" class, for Doffy, Buggy, Sanji, and perhaps even Garp.

I think it could still go a number of ways, though. Greed's definitely on the table, and I very much want to see a timeskip Buggy unit as well. Hell, timeskip anything.

Okay. Is your FB page active so far?

Well, the way I have it setup now, it just basically tells you when a new article has been posted. There's not really any discussions or anything. The other option is to make it into a Group. That way, people could discuss things themselves, kind of like the other big group. Not sure which I would rather do.

Doesn't really matter though, since I think I only have 2 actual subscribers at the moment, haha.

Heng

Man Hogback 30 stamina isn't dropping any pigs or turtle for me. Does anyone else have any luck with the drop? I've had better luck with Usopp book in Kuro 15...

makaveli13

Neo Member
Man Hogback 30 stamina isn't dropping any pigs or turtle for me. Does anyone else have any luck with the drop? I've had better luck with Usopp book in Kuro 15...

I've had a few drop, not as many as the kraken isle though. I keep racking up yellow pigs and no yellow turtles, I've only had two purple pigs drop

I've been getting pigs non-stop. I have a bunch of unevolved yellow pigs and need a boatload of baby turtles and penguin thieves to evo them. Of course, I never get THOSE drops when running the isle.

I've had a few drop, not as many as the kraken isle though. I keep racking up yellow pigs and no yellow turtles, I've only had two purple pigs drop
Yuuuuuuuuuup. Same here.

Jayhawk

My PSY units aren't strong enough to safely beat Hogback and his henchmen on the last stage of 30 stamina. I guess I'll stick to 15 stamina. :/

RalchAC

I really wish I would just run into Cindry. I've gotten almost 15 skill books for her and haven't seen her once.

Same here. And outside Mihawk day I've been exclusively running his Fortnight. It's really weird that I haven't seen her in 3 days.

My PSY units aren't strong enough to safely beat Hogback and his henchmen on the last stage of 30 stamina. I guess I'll stick to 15 stamina. :/

Which units are you using? Using Garp leads should add some decent tankiness to your team. I dunno if we're friends, but right now I'm using Garp as my leader.

I could go with Franky, since I don't need 40k HP, but god, I love his attack animation. It feels so powerful *-*

Majukun

this time i got kinda lucky and already found cinfry 3 times..waiting to drop a red seahorse and a yellow penguin to evolve her

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok guys I have to ask this are there really hacks for this game out in the wild?

People keep telling in a german OPTC group that there are hacks.

How would this work? Doesn't the game connect to the servers can't they just check it?

bzzt

Neo Member
I can't seem to find Cindry. I've been running Hogback all week and Cindry hasn't even shown up once. I have a bunch of her books taking up space, though.

I can't seem to find Cindry. I've been running Hogback all week and Cindry hasn't even shown up once. I have a bunch of her books taking up space, though.

I finally ran into her the first time today. Fed her 12 skill books and got 7 skill ups somehow. I wasn't totally unconvinced the game was glitching out on me.

Majukun

i already find her 2 or 3 times..but if she's like laboon or lulu,you might encounter her once in two weeks of farming..just keep doing the fortnight
I finally ran into her the first time today. Fed her 12 skill books and got 7 skill ups somehow. I wasn't totally unconvinced the game was glitching out on me.

ò_ò

i have given her a good amount of skillbooks and got none,and you got 7/12??

Kumo

Anyone in here with a high skill level garp? Only 2 friends on my list have one and it's the only way I can clear hogback safely.

Kumo

If we aren't friends already quote to reveal id

Yeah, we're already friends. I've been using your garp a lot haha. Thanks though.

Edit: It looks like I can just stall for garp's special by taking a few hits here and there. The enemies don't hit very hard.

RalchAC

Got my 200 day login bonus! With those 10 gems I'm at 39 again. The extra free gem we've been getting with the bonus Turtle stages has been a great help IMO.

I've been leveling my Franky and Coby a bit. They're at 89 and 91. By the time Zephyr finally appears (if he even appears) my Garp Burst team should have over 48k HP, which means I'll be able to survive 3 hits without relying in orb luck. Not bad at all.

spend all day trying to get Croc, last run, SHINY...... beli FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Got a shinny beli bag when farming Mr. 1 today. Grrrrrrrr. At least Cindry finally dropped today.

RalchAC

Just got Cindry.

Is she any good? I guess she combines with certain characters for yellow/purple orb changing?

I think she is often used along Towel Nami for a full set of INT orbs. On PSY teams... not so much. The Garp + Mr.2 combo is better for full PSY orbs since Garp has really good stats.

Adeptrain

So, I'm really late to the party and just start up the game. Reading through the posts, it seems like most of you are really, really advanced. If anyone wants to add me though, my ID is: 492,383,762. Haven Seekers.

I also went really crazy last night (I really wanted the gear 3 luffy ㅠㅠ) and ended up spending about $200 on fruits. So, I'm up to the Third Island and have a ton of units I'm not very sure about. I do know I should get a golden pound Ussop, but my luck was really bad and I got every..EVERY other ussop except the golden pound version (Sogeking, Dial impact, Tabasco).

Any advice for a moron that spent a ton on characters who I don't know are good or bad, and who can't even use most of them currently?

Kumo

So, I'm really late to the party and just start up the game. Reading through the posts, it seems like most of you are really, really advanced. If anyone wants to add me though, my ID is: 492,383,762. Haven Seekers.

I also went really crazy last night (I really wanted the gear 3 luffy ㅠㅠ) and ended up spending about $200 on fruits. So, I'm up to the Third Island and have a ton of units I'm not very sure about. I do know I should get a golden pound Ussop, but my luck was really bad and I got every..EVERY other ussop except the golden pound version (Sogeking, Dial impact, Tabasco).

Any advice for a moron that spent a ton on characters who I don't know are good or bad, and who can't even use most of them currently?

Welcome! I'll send you a friend request in a bit. First of all, if you plan on spending some money/gems for new units in this game, the best time for that would be during an event called sugofest, which happens about once a month for 24 hours only. That's because some of the best units have an increased rate during this time and there's also sugofest-exclusive characters too.

If you really wanted G3 luffy (which I think is the best unit for new players), there's a way to reroll for the character you want by using an Android emulator. I did this when I started and G3 luffy basically carried me through a lot of the content early on. But I don't know if that's an option for you now since you spent a good amount of money on your account already.

Don't worry about missing Usopp, you get one of each straw hat by playing through the story isles. Just make sure to evolve him using the right materials (the one that requires a yellow crab). That said, hope you have fun with the game! If you have any other questions, just ask anyone here. ^^

makaveli13

Neo Member

I'm sure everyone here would be happy to help out. There are awesome guides to look at which should give you a good idea of what unit to keep, but if you are not sure ask. There is an awesome unit tier list somewhere but I can't remember where it is. Oh and as Kumo mentioned its always a good idea to wait for the sugofests before spending gems. There is usually a higher rate for the better units plus it's the only chance to pull a 6 star unit like whitebeard or Boa

Adeptrain

Thank you for the welcome! Oh man, I wish I had known about the Sugofest(sp??) earlier! I'd love to get Boa Hancock, love her character :) I've been trying to read some guides, but there are quite a few of them online 0_0. I thought the strength tavern event was a rare special event for a chance at gear 3 luffy, so I went a little crazy with the spending. (never got him either ㅠㅠ)

Tidd

Thank you for the welcome! Oh man, I wish I had known about the Sugofest(sp??) earlier! I'd love to get Boa Hancock, love her character :) I've been trying to read some guides, but there are quite a few of them online 0_0. I thought the strength tavern event was a rare special event for a chance at gear 3 luffy, so I went a little crazy with the spending. (never got him either ㅠㅠ)

Did you get a Balloon Luffy? Because you can evolve him into the G3 version!

Top Bottom