• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

Ok, I'll continue in like 2 hours. I've used another 4 books (so it's 26 now) and I didn't get another skill up. I need 3300 EXP to level and I have 15 stamina. I'll run Hogback Expert, get 1 gem for completion and try again later.

Hopefully my luck will be a bit better :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, skill-up's outside of a skill-up event is brutal, and even WITH a skill-up event they can be a pain. I'm thankful the last time Mihawk hit was during a skill-up event so I didn't need to hoard them all, especially with the box space as limited as it is.

Speaking of, farming for multiple copies of Mihawk/Garp/Monster Chopper wouldn't be so bad IF WE HAD A SPACE INCREASE! Honestly, with only around 20 free slots for me to play with, I'm tempted to just run Garp/Monster Chopper with natural stamina, feed whatever I can get, and hope for the best. I'm not about to gem for more runs, not when I can't comfortably hoard copies of them for a skill-up event [which is probably a month away] with the box capacity still sitting at 200. And, given how rare a skill-up is outside of a skill-up event, I'm not going to throw away stones for copies to fuse them right away. :/
Skill up should be 1 and a half months away, right?

Majukun

hogback 30 really was easier than it seemed from what i read on the guide...just went with

garp x2
cobi
franky
django
gp usopp

and finished it without problems

Don't you love it when you ise over 100,000 exp on a 5 star character (rayleigh) and get a super success!!!

Also managed to get my mihawk (lvl 88) to max special level

RalchAC

I've got 2 skill up in the next 8 Mihawks I've farmed. So right now I think I'm at 4/34.

But, dear GAF. If possible, I'd like you to change your lead to a Mihawk or Monster Chopper before clossing the app. I don't need them to have any skill up. But I don't want to use a Gear 3rd because since I don't have one I suck at its timing :p

RedBoot

Ran all four Hogback levels and got two copies of him, which is perfect. One to level, and one to save for Cindry's evolution. Still need to find Cindry herself.

Gonna try and max Mihawk today as well. Not having the skill up boost sucks, but I'm only four levels away so it shouldn't be too brutal. Luckily, my old Mihawk/Mihawk/Arlong/Morgan/Usopp/Yellow Marine strategy is even easier now with a maxed Merry, and I've got over 80 stamina this time so my gemming will be more efficient (had to run one 40stam and one 30stam last time).

RalchAC

Ran all four Hogback levels and got two copies of him, which is perfect. One to level, and one to save for Cindry's evolution. Still need to find Cindry herself.

Gonna try and max Mihawk today as well. Not having the skill up boost sucks, but I'm only four levels away so it shouldn't be too brutal. Luckily, my old Mihawk/Mihawk/Arlong/Morgan/Usopp/Yellow Marine strategy is even easier now with a maxed Merry, and I've got over 80 stamina this time so my gemming will be more efficient (had to run one 40stam and one 30stam last time).

We are friends, right? There isn't many people running Mihawk right now :(

Heng

Welp, died on mihawk cause I literally bungled all my 3rd perfects except one.

I really suck at this game.
I had a pretty bad time on my first run with WB. I went in there with 3800 health because I thought he only did 2k and got 1 shot, and then accidently hit yes to spend a gem only to die to him again since Usopp's special was not ready. Do not go into a fight without a game plan lol...

I've got 2 skill up in the next 8 Mihawks I've farmed. So right now I think I'm at 4/34.

But, dear GAF. If possible, I'd like you to change your lead to a Mihawk or Monster Chopper before clossing the app. I don't need them to have any skill up. But I don't want to use a Gear 3rd because since I don't have one I suck at its timing :p
Okay, I'll leave chopper up for you although mine is not very high and has no special up.

RalchAC

I had a pretty bad time on my first run with WB. I went in there with 3800 health because I thought he only did 2k and got 1 shot, and then accidently hit yes to spend a gem only to die to him again since Usopp's special was not ready. Do not go into a fight without a game plan lol...

Have you just got 1 copy or have you maxed him?

Okay, I'll leave chopper up for you although mine is not very high and has no special up.

No problem. That guy hits like a truck so it'll be useful anyway. Thanks a lot!

Heng

Have you just got 1 copy or have you maxed him?
I'm trying to max him, I've done it before but this was my first time using whitebeard to clear it. I brought myself down to 30% on the first wave and had no hp left to stall on any other wave. Now I've gotten the strategy to kill him without a problem, the only problem now is the box space.

Atm I have 16 Mihawks and 6 gems left, and I need 9 skill ups to max him. I may just give up once I've hit 20 and start saving up for chopper or Garp, both being low level and no skill ups. I want to hold Mihawk for skill up event so I might have to spend all my turtles and Garp/Chopper as soon as I get them.

Oh I had a game plan, I just missed my 3rd perfect like 3 times in a row. Leaving him with like 25% health.

Hisoka

Could someone put up canoneer as his captain? At least one who has me in his friendlist. Need to do this Alvida quest so i can sell those asap. Need the box space. Thanks! :)

StMeph

Ugh. Guess I should just use some gems to try to get the final 2 skill ups. Hate that the 2x bonus is over, now it's a 15% chance.

Jayhawk

I am not fond of being unable to casually farm Mihawk since you have to be on point with the Perfects. RIP my lack of 100% success rate on Perfects. I've actually started playing again a bit more the past week. I maxed out Merry and also did Turtles for the first time in a couple months. I have a lot of characters from the past few Sugofests that need leveling.

Hana-Bi

Yeah, and you've got 2 double skill ups.

Why do you want to make me cry?

If at least there were more Monster Choppers available. But there were only G3 on my friend list :(

Sorry. But I know that my luck will fade and I will get more than enough 5 skill book power ups without a skill up.

RalchAC

I wasn't serious, don't worry! I'm trying to look at the bright side. My Mihawk will be around level 90 by the time I've finished, I'll have over 3 million beli and my DEX team will have all its members over level 70.

Hana-Bi

I wasn't serious, don't worry! I'm trying to look at the bright side. My Mihawk will be around level 90 by the time I've finished, I'll have over 3 million beli and my DEX team will have all its members over level 70.

The next ten skill books came without a skill up and my last four 30 stam runs without a Mihawk drop. Shouldn't have posted here. :)

Wazzy

Banned
Thankfully my Mihawk was maxed from last time so I don't have to worry about this. I'll run it once for the extra Mihawk and then focus on the upcoming Garp rerun. I don't know if I'll even bother with MC.

Done. I'm AFK right now, but I'll try to remember to frequently refresh the app to keep him available.

I've made it guys.

20 gems left.

I need a rest.
Ha! I didn't see this when I made my post. Alas, I'll still try to keep him up for anyone still farming.

Xcution

Finally, after getting some box space, i finished Mihawk too. Max. Special skilled now :D

Congrats i just needed one more skill up and got it as well. Thank god it is over.

Does anyone know where i can find a good video on how to and team to use to farm MC and Garp. My box is full of pigs elder and teen turtles so want to use then wisely.

I was saving wverything for Doffy but my box wont be able to handle that long wait lol

Heng

Congrats i just needed one more skill up and got it as well. Thank god it is over.

Does anyone know where i can find a good video on how to and team to use to farm MC and Garp. My box is full of pigs elder and teen turtles so want to use then wisely.

I was saving wverything for Doffy but my box wont be able to handle that long wait lol
https://m.youtube.com/user/Zeen09

He has multiple runs on a lot of bosses and does a run with a "free to play" account where he runs a boss using units you can easily get from fortnights. He usually runs with his top team first then on the later half of the videos run with other teams.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
hogback 30 really was easier than it seemed from what i read on the guide...just went with

garp x2
cobi
franky
django
gp usopp

and finished it without problems
Yeah, it's hard if you have a go at it with double shanks or Marco. Cake otherwise.

Congrats to everyone who maxed mihawk.

RedBoot

lol 1 skill up from 30 Mihawks

I got 1 skill up from 22 Mihawks, so almost as bad. :p I get it Game, you don't want me to finish maxing him this time. I needed 4 more levels at the start of the day, now I need 3 more. I'll wait for the next Mihawk Day, where we will hopefully have more box space so I can just store up 20 or so for the next skill boost event.

That being said, even without getting the skill ups I wanted, farming raid bosses is always beneficial in other ways. I got a lot of money and pirate level-ups. I don't really need to max Monster Chopper, and I don't want to try maxing Garp now, but I might put a few gems into running them just for level boosting.

DrAg0nBoY

Well got only one skill up from 10 Mihawks ... Will try to max him next time, when I have more stamina for more runs.

But I do have a question about G3 Captain skill. When I get 3 perfects in a row I activate his skill, right? Does that mean that I have to get all the next hits also perfects or can I get a great in it and the skill is still active?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well got only one skill up from 10 Mihawks ... Will try to max him next time, when I have more stamina for more runs.

But I do have a question about G3 Captain skill. When I get 3 perfects in a row I activate his skill, right? Does that mean that I have to get all the next hits also perfects or can I get a great in it and the skill is still active?
Nah, it's active for the rest of the turn after 3 perfects; you can get all 3 misses after and you'll still get the boost for each one.

Top Bottom