• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Grats! One day you will have to actually explain to me very slowly how you manage to squeeze out that much XP. And then just do it for me because I am incapable of reproducing the same result with the same box.

Halp me Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Just saw this. Get 20+ runs of turtle time in per 30 minute block, don't miss them, then get lucky with elders (at least 10 per 30 minute block), and then again lucky with super successes. Wake up at 1am to do a TT run, etc.

You're welcome! (lol)

RalchAC

Just saw this. Get 20+ runs of turtle time in per 30 minute block, don't miss them, then get lucky with elders (at least 10 per 30 minute block), and then again lucky with super successes. Wake up at 1am to do a TT run, etc.

You're welcome! (lol)

I usually go to bed at 1 am (Spanish people are used to go to bed quite late, and having classes in the afternoon gives me some flexibility) but I can't stand waking up at 3 or 5 am.

BTW @Adentrain, Have you checked if your Marine Tandem team deals 2000 damage to all enemies or just 1000 to the front line. You should check that, just in case you have the unevolved marines.

You should check in the characters page they linked to you which evolvers you need for Ussop (and other units you have). There is a special daily island that has them.

Monday is Turtles, Tuesdays is Seahorses, Wednesdays is Penguins, Thursdays is Dragons and Fridays is Seashells and Crabs. Weekend has a island that gives you extra money.

This week is the best in a while to farm those evolvers, there is a event that makes those stages cost 1/2 stamina.

RedBoot

I just got 3 Sea Stallions in 4 Sea Pony Paradise runs. BRB, buying a lottery ticket.

I just got 3 Rainbow Pirate Penguins out of 5 runs on the second penguin stage. Game is being generous.

Or perhaps it's being cruel, because it knows I'll never sell any of those and thus lose a few more box spots (I can use one on Pell, and another if I ever get Croc, but otherwise I don't have anything that uses them right now).

RalchAC

I just got 3 Rainbow Pirate Penguins out of 5 runs on the second penguin stage. Game is being generous.

Or perhaps it's being cruel, because it knows I'll never sell any of those and thus lose a few more box spots (I can use one on Pell, and another if I ever get Croc, but otherwise I don't have anything that uses them right now).

It's being cruel, because it gives you materials you don't need so you can hoard them because "what if...?"

I have 5 rainbow Penguins I think. And 3 rainbow pirate Penguins... This games awakens our Diogenes Syndrom

Zephyr needs one to evolve so save one for him.

Majukun

Just 2 Mihawk,
Lucci, Arlong, GodUsopp.

Can clear him easily after cutting his health in half first turn.

Also damn u with your luck!!!!
Hope your luck continue :)

for 40 stamina?

damn if i knew it was enough,i would have tried that..
still..if the skill up rate is really that bad,i don't knoow if i care to farm it.

RalchAC

They will
after you used up all your gems to max skill your mihawk, chopper and garp and that sugo after that

If burning all my gems is all I need to do in order to make Bamco increase box space I'll do it without second thoughts.

for 40 stamina?

still..if the skill up rate is really that bad,i don't knoow if i care to farm it.

I've used a team with 2x Mihawk, Kuro, Lucci, Alvida and Ussop and I was able to clear it.

I'd recommend you to use Arlong instead of Alvida, though. You won't need the damage reducing special, especially if you're using the Coffin Boat instead of going Merry (mine is at level 8, but I'm using it because a 0.1% is like 30k damage while the extra HP means I can endure at 1 extra hit)

I just fed my 5 WB skill books to a random unit for XP. I can't Chrono my inventory and hold on to books for units I don't own. It was time.

I suspect we might have a Sugofest after the PSY rate up ends. They're usually one or two days into a new type rate up period. QCK/Sanjifest incoming? I don't think we've had one of those in a long time. If that happens I probably won't pull since the only QCK RR units I'm missing are Boa, Jimbei, and Kid Ace. More so, I assume it'll just be a generic good unit rate up with no new units. I would imagine Zephyr would come shortly after that seeings that we're long over due.

StMeph

I don't think they'd do a new Sugo so soon after the last one that just debuted Boa. It doesn't seem like they do one every month for Global.

chrono01

didnt u guys max out Mihawk?
Anyway i really start to feel it isnt worth it to farm these events with gem without a skill up event.
Or at least let us keep them till the next event(ie increase storage space :p)
20 chopper 2 skill up, felt bad :(
I max'd Mihawk, but I'm not about to gem for multiple Chopper/Garp, not outside of a skill-up event when I can't comfortably hoard copies of them for when a skill-up event happens. Having Chopper's skill max'd isn't really "needed", but it'd be really nice to do that for Garp and I can't, since I'm sitting at 195/200 right now. That's only with around 6 skillbooks too. The rest of my space is either characters themselves or a few evolution materials.

The lack of member box space is genuinely impacting gameplay at this point, unless you sell characters when you're done with them. Personally, I'm keeping all named characters, since you never know when they might be useful for a mission [plus, for completion-sake].

RedBoot

I suspect we might have a Sugofest after the PSY rate up ends. They're usually one or two days into a new type rate up period. QCK/Sanjifest incoming? I don't think we've had one of those in a long time. If that happens I probably won't pull since the only QCK RR units I'm missing are Boa, Jimbei, and Kid Ace. More so, I assume it'll just be a generic good unit rate up with no new units. I would imagine Zephyr would come shortly after that seeings that we're long over due.

I think we have a DEX up coming after the current PSY one. We just had a DEX boosted Sugo before the Shichibukai one, so I'm not sure if they'd do another there, or just wait for the new cycle of type boost events.

I do think we'll see more frequent Sugos moving forward, though. But then, who knows, they've switched things up a bit from Japan's schedule. I'm surprised it's taken this long for Zephyr to show up.

RalchAC

For completionism I am okay with just lighting up my Collection Log and then dumping the useless guys. But the potential for future Mission usage does bother me.

It's quite a big problem since often Mission characters aren't as predictable as "fight against Alvida using Coby". Imagine if they decide to make us fight against Momo using the Fustian Village Sea Monster, or an evolved Laboon or whatever :(

I think we have a DEX up coming after the current PSY one. We just had a DEX boosted Sugo before the Shichibukai one, so I'm not sure if they'd do another there, or just wait for the new cycle of type boost events.

I do think we'll see more frequent Sugos moving forward, though. But then, who knows, they've switched things up a bit from Japan's schedule. I'm surprised it's taken this long for Zephyr to show up.

No matter which colour they boost I'm not pulling. No gems, no box space and no urge to get many stuff until Strong World fests.

Heng

I was earlier for the last couple SPLV I needed.

On Stage 1 you need to dance around there as long as you can, keeping in mind everyone hits you for like 2,100~ HP. So you want to take enough damage but not too much as to be able to stall on the turtle on Stage 2. By the time you leave that stage you should have WB's captain ability active and have your WB's to at least 5 turns left or fully ready. Stage 3 may get 1-2 turns depending on the cool downs for the fodder there (you won't be able to stall on the penguin, it dies too easily), all the while you'll have been farming orbs to clear out Stage 4 with Sanji. Once you get to Stage 5, it's just a matter of finishing MC off in 4 turns and it'll only take you 1-2 turns with 2x WB special unleashed right away, matching orbs and a possible Kaku boost.

Note, I don't think you should be farming with WB unless you're at 20 turns for him, maybe? Maxed special obviously makes things easier.

Jozu teams with Alvida, GP Usopp I believe can create a perpetual turn lock in your favor. I don't remember the exact team combination, but I'm sure lowered/maxed specials may be required. Otherwise good luck with your farming.
My WB has a 24 turn special, and it was very hard to stall heh... I ended up bringing Tsuru and later Alvida to help stall on the first wave. Getting to MC was more challenging than killing him, and it really involved a lot of luck to get the right food orb. I ended up only using 2 gems and got no skill ups so I decided to stop farming him.

I forgot what a successful animation looks like for upgrading my ship. I must've spent more than 100 cola on the last level for Merry.

Tidd

I'm done wasting gems and pirate exp. 35-40 MCs and 3 skill ups. At least I got Arlong and MC from low 80 to 93.

ElChado

Neo Member
My WB has a 24 turn special, and it was very hard to stall heh... I ended up bringing Tsuru and later Alvida to help stall on the first wave. Getting to MC was more challenging than killing him, and it really involved a lot of luck to get the right food orb. I ended up only using 2 gems and got no skill ups so I decided to stop farming him.

I forgot what a successful animation looks like for upgrading my ship. I must've spent more than 100 cola on the last level for Merry.

The big thing about stalling with whitebeard is having enough hp to stall long enough and the unit levels to have that hp. I wondered why my friend with a whitebeard was having so much trouble getting special ready by chopper while i could stall 28 turns, but then saw his team had only just under 13k hp while i was riding 16.6k that made all the difference in stall times.

Check the damage calculator and try to use a mix of your strong quick and highest HP units. My team for example uses vista instead of diable sanji because vista gives more hp and i dont need the type advantage with sanji as i already 1-2turn kill him.

I'm also done farming chopper, used about 25 gems, went from level 2-12 special, will run 2 more times on natural regen. I forgot how terrible raid boss farming is outside skill up events.

Adeptrain

Hi,
so still new to the game and I have a quick question I can't find the answer to anywhere. Do yu get exp for characters you use? I've been using un-evolved Alvida for a while now in my team because I want to evolve her and combine her with my evolved Alvida for a skill chance. (Does this sound about right for progression?) Anyway, I haven't noticed her leveling up!!!! Do they only level up with upgrade option?

ElChado

Neo Member
Hi,
so still new to the game and I have a quick question I can't find the answer to anywhere. Do yu get exp for characters you use? I've been using un-evolved Alvida for a while now in my team because I want to evolve her and combine her with my evolved Alvida for a skill chance. (Does this sound about right for progression?) Anyway, I haven't noticed her leveling up!!!! Do they only level up with upgrade option?

This game isnt like pokemon shuffle or dokkan where units get experience by just being used you need to feed units or books or turtles to them using power up to level them.

linkent

for 40 stamina?

Late reply, but like Ralch said, it is doable.
And most raid boss are doable with Mihawkx2 team.
So find a strategy with them for next boss..

I max'd Mihawk, but I'm not about to gem for multiple Chopper/Garp, not outside of a skill-up event when I can't comfortably hoard copies of them for when a skill-up event happens.
Exactly not worth it to farm and not really needed, pretty sure you didnt lose anything for not doing it. (My result below!)
And also agree the game has become really unfun at the moment.. There are or almost 200named units now..
Soon we will have to sell them too :(

That was rough. First 5 Chopper books, 3 skill ups, next 10, zero. Sigh.
Welcome to the club! At least you get those nice skill up..
Me? 29book lvl 3 Chopper. :(

Kumo

Yeah, MC farming was rough for me as well. 2/20 for skill ups, was planning on farming around 30 or so but changed my mind. Felt like a waste of gems as I kept going. On the bright side, I finally maxed the coffin boat!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah, MC farming was rough for me as well. 2/20 for skill ups, was planning on farming around 30 or so but changed my mind. Felt like a waste of gems as I kept going. On the bright side, I finally maxed the coffin boat!
That's an achievement!

RalchAC

I decided to use 15 Mirage Tempo books because fuck box space. Got 3 skill ups, it's at 12 turns CD.

Well, at least RNG has been nice to me. It'd be cool if I'm able to max her.

My problem right now is that I have like 12 Hogback copies but I need a Purple Seashell in order to evolve him and the crab island is tomorrow.

Majukun

I decided to use 15 Mirage Tempo books because fuck box space. Got 3 skill ups, it's at 12 turns CD.

Well, at least RNG has been nice to me. It'd be cool if I'm able to max her.

My problem right now is that I have like 12 Hogback copies but I need a Purple Seashell in order to evolve him and the crab island is tomorrow.

you can do chapter 3 or 5 of syrup island a couple times and get your purple shell like i did this morning :p

p.s. tomorrow i should be gold...so gold chests of neogaf prepare yourself to tap XD

Hisoka

you can do chapter 3 or 5 of syrup island a couple times and get your purple shell like i did this morning :p

p.s. tomorrow i should be gold...so gold chests of neogaf prepare yourself to tap XD

I hope i make it.. Didn't tap sinc-.. i don't even remember the last time

Majukun

the picture doesn't help either.. really no idea what this update will be about.. other than the storage upgrade, what else is in line that we Japan already got? different turtle times with different colours?

chrono01

the picture doesn't help either.. really no idea what this update will be about.. other than the storage upgrade, what else is in line that we Japan already got? different turtle times with different colours?
The update will be a new title screen. That's it.

My guess would be adding the Tabasco Star Usopp to GP Usopp evolution that Japan has if the Usopp banner is any indication of what's coming, not that that really affects anyone aside from new or inexperienced players.

Maybe adding evo materials to the Friend recruit?

RalchAC

My guess would be adding the Tabasco Star Usopp to GP Usopp evolution that Japan has if the Usopp banner is any indication of what's coming, not that that really affects anyone aside from new or inexperienced players.

Maybe adding evo materials to the Friend recruit?

They need an excuse to keep giving us a daily free gem, so we'll probably get new info about the update when Clash of Clashes is about to end.

I think in Japan different color Turtle Times arrived just after snails. So maybe there is that. A box space increase would be awesome tbh. More team slots maybe? And a new island, although they could wait and release Jaya at the end of the month if September is packed with other stuff (like Zephyr stuff... You know Bamco?)

chrono01

Yeah, I can see us getting the different--colored turtle islands. I really hope we get that box expansion, though. It's long overdue.

Majukun

I'd probably upgrade to 230-250 slots and keep upgrading as needed. 20 gems is a lot of gems.
Yeah, but it's something you gotta do sooner or later, so I prefer do it immediately... also it's not like I'm gonna get anything at all at Sugofest if I have to go from the last two shit series of pull I had.. so at least I would use them for something useful.

Dawg

Anything turtle related in the update would be a blessing. That's the only thing I don't like about this game. I have way too many underleveled characters. And I'm usually at work or sleeping when it's turtle time :( Missing out on turtle time really hurts my progression. I can beat nearly everything with my main INT team but when there's a specific element island, I'm usually fucked. And I do have a lot of great characters in each of my element teams but the lack of xp makes them weak.

RalchAC

Yeah, but it's something you gotta do sooner or later, so I prefer do it immediately... also it's not like I'm gonna get anything at all at Sugofest if I have to go from the last two shit series of pull I had.. so at least I would use them for something useful.

Like farming raid bosses that could appear the next day after the box increase XD.

I'm trying to be conservative with gem use.

Anything turtle related in the update would be a blessing. That's the only thing I don't like about this game. I have way too many underleveled characters. And I'm usually at work or sleeping when it's turtle time :( Missing out on turtle time really hurts my progression. I can beat nearly everything with my main INT team but when there's a specific element island, I'm usually fucked. And I do have a lot of great characters in each of my element teams but the lack of xp makes them weak.

Perona doesn't have a colour restriction AFAIK so you shouldn't be worried about it. But I totally get what you mean. Having Turtle Times on Mondays sounds a bit bad if you have a full time job and you can't just play your phone whenever is needed.

Copons

I just hope they don't start pulling non-purple turtle time THIS monday, because all those mothefucking pigs from Hogback island aren't gonna evolve by themselves.

BUT: I'd totally appreciate a laxer scheduling, like someone was telling here that JP has only one turtle time, but whenever you want.

ElChado

Neo Member
Pretty sure coloured turtle times on friday came to japan during the 10 million download event during new years where they got boa sugofest and doflamingo raid which was january 1st.

For those interested, the timeline for us to be where japan was during new years is about end of september, start of october.

Majukun

Like farming raid bosses that could appear the next day after the box increase XD.

I'm trying to be conservative with gem use.
Oh well, I have 62 gems atm.. i can spare 20 and still be ready for a raid... Being able to get all the skillbooks and evolved materials I want seems better than wasting gems in pulling silver posters like I did in the last 2 Sugofest

anyway...

it's here!
Only in Japan

http://ust.chatango.com/um/k/y/kys123/img/l_342.jpg

EDIT: damn it the moment you are farming a character,you see the light and a bag of money comes out...i know i should not get excited when i see the light but i can't avoid it..and then the soul crushing disappointment...

anyway..i'm gold today..who wants to tap?

Heng

Oh well, I have 62 gems atm.. i can spare 20 and still be ready for a raid... Being able to get all the skillbooks and evolved materials I want seems better than wasting gems in pulling silver posters like I did in the last 2 Sugofest

anyway...

it's here!
Only in Japan

http://ust.chatango.com/um/k/y/kys123/img/l_342.jpg

EDIT: damn it the moment you are farming a character,you see the light and a bag of money comes out...i now i should not get excited when i see the light but i can0't avoid it..and then the soul crushing disappointment...

anyway..i'm gold today..who wants to tap?
I'm gold today and I can tap if you want to leave an address

Top Bottom