• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

makaveli13

Neo Member
Thank you for the welcome! Oh man, I wish I had known about the Sugofest(sp??) earlier! I'd love to get Boa Hancock, love her character :) I've been trying to read some guides, but there are quite a few of them online 0_0. I thought the strength tavern event was a rare special event for a chance at gear 3 luffy, so I went a little crazy with the spending. (never got him either ㅠㅠ)

G3 is awesome but not necessary, I have him but barely use him because of how easy and awesome Mihawk is. http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/p/tier-list.html is a decent tier list but it's fairly outdated. It should give you a good idea of what units to keep. Make sure to look up the units you have here and check what their evolutions are before getting rid of them. I pulled a baloon luffy when i first started and fused him into my free luffy because i thought he was useless...

Adeptrain

Balloon Luffy can be upgraded to gear 3?!?!?! gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fed my balloon luffy to my gear 2 luffy to make space!! Gahhh!!!!!!!

Tidd

ok, now I feel bad that I mentioned it lol

I guess first thing you should do is read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/376uej/frequently_asked_questions/
This is also a good guide for the beginning, which leads into late game content (even if it says free 2 play): https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/3erav5/complete_f2p_guideroad_map_100_no_rare_recruits/

If you need to check whether a character is good or see what his evolution is, check this site: http://optc.github.io/characters/#/search/

To know which unit drops from which chapter: http://optc.github.io/drops/

And to check your turtle time (which is today/tomorrow; faster way to level up your characters): http://cyung.github.io/optc/index.html

If you didn't pull Arlong so far, don't try to farm him on Arlong Park, because his fortnight island is coming back in thex next few days, where he has a higher drop rate!

Units you should NOT evolve: Golden Pound Usopp (lower cooldown than Sogeking), Mirage Tempo Nami, Streaming Wolf Zoro (special changes for his evolution, which is bad), Laboon

GAAAH! I just screwed up when I evolved Cindry. I had a max level, unevolved Hogback and a lvl 10 one. I accidently locked the 10 and wasted the max for her evo.

Even worse, he had just gotten his forst skill up minutes ago, as I reached max >_<.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Just tried the new version of Turtle Time in Japan--instead of having to hit a certain window based on your sixth digit, you activate your thirty minutes of Turtle Time whenever the hell you want during the day.

It seems like something they could bring to Global early, like Missions and such. Wish they would.

Tidd

Just tried the new version of Turtle Time in Japan--instead of having to hit a certain window based on your sixth digit, you activate your thirty minutes of Turtle Time whenever the hell you want during the day.

It seems like something they could bring to Global early, like Missions and such. Wish they would.

I didn't try it so far because of Garp but it's really nice. Especially since my regular turtle time was right at the moment when the Garp event started. >.> Another point is that the days when Japan have raid bosses always collide with the turtle times. With this system you have 12hours after the raid boss to finish your turtle time and don't waste stamina which you could use to farm bosses.

But before that we need box space! q_q

RalchAC

It's definitely a good idea and it would stop people exploiting Turtle Times weaking up at 3.00 AM instead of doing just a weekly one like it's intended :p

Speaking about the devil, my second Turtle Time starts in less than 2 hours. I dunno where to spend my Turtles, so I'll probably just level up my Towel Nami or my X-Drake. My Slasher Croc is 70 so no need to keep feeding turtles to him.

I hope they add rankings soon though. Looks like a fun way to shake things up a bit and it'll probably breath some life to the community, since this thread is as death lately as our hopes to get a box space increase

Which is your JP id? I've just started playing an account with a 4* Kid and a 5* Jinbei. I'm at Loguetown, but I hate feeling so restricted with team cost. I have a marine team for turtles and I've tried the new Turtle Time thing too.

I won't do raid bosses until I'm a bit better though

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Today is my day 200. I got my 15th MAX character last night, Kid! 10/15 MAX are level 100 superstars. The rest MAX at 50-70.

I have also spent over 200 colas trying to max Mihawk's ship (at lv9). That is an ongoing process.

OPTC, if your servers ever go down, I will be pissed.

StMeph

Today is my day 200. I got my 15th MAX character last night, Kid! 10/15 MAX are level 100 superstars.

Grats! One day you will have to actually explain to me very slowly how you manage to squeeze out that much XP. And then just do it for me because I am incapable of reproducing the same result with the same box.

Halp me Obi-Wan Kenobi.

RedBoot

GAAAH! I just screwed up when I evolved Cindry. I had a max level, unevolved Hogback and a lvl 10 one. I accidently locked the 10 and wasted the max for her evo.

Even worse, he had just gotten his forst skill up minutes ago, as I reached max >_<.

I actually made sure to evolve Hogback first, just to avoid this. :) I didn't trust the Favorite system.

I really hope we somehow get a box expansion before Perona. I want to stock up ~30 of her to max her special.

Also, apparently there's a collaboration with Dokkan Battle coming to the Japanese version of TC. We get to fight Frieza! I wonder if he'll actually drop.

RalchAC

I actually made sure to evolve Hogback first, just to avoid this. :) I didn't trust the Favorite system.

I really hope we somehow get a box expansion before Perona. I want to stock up ~30 of her to max her special.

Also, apparently there's a collaboration with Dokkan Battle coming to the Japanese version of TC. We get to fight Frieza! I wonder if he'll actually drop.

Perona + Garp copies = RIP

Let's use this week half stamina to hoard mats for our unevolved pigs. I'll need my box to be under 150 for Garp.

Maybe it's time to do clearance and sell some useless units like Higuma or the Monster that somehow was able to eat the arm of Shanks lol

RedBoot

I got rid of my marine team for 5 slots today, since I have stronger teams for all types of turtles now. Those 5 slots!

I have all 5 marines evolved, all 5 Baroque Billions evolved (my DEX sword nun is at max level and almost max skill), and all 5 giants, two of whom are evolved.

Probably don't need them all...but I like filling out the Pokedex. :)

I have all 5 marines evolved, all 5 Baroque Billions evolved (my DEX sword nun is at max level and almost max skill), and all 5 giants, two of whom are evolved.

Probably don't need them all...but I like filling out the Pokedex. :)

If I weren't so needing of vault space I'd totally be doing the same, hah.

Jayhawk

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of evolution materials needed for people I currently have and would like to evolve, just to control the amount of space those evolution materials take up. The limited box space life.

RalchAC

I'm about to reduce my lobster count to 2 of each type. Then I'll get a lot of awesome units bite I'll have to farm story chapters for the rest of my life.

chrono01

Broggy DOES drop on Little Island 6...right? This is my third day of 1/2 stamina [as well as two full 2x drop days] farming him and he won't freaking drop! He just mocks me.

RedBoot

Broggy DOES drop on Little Island 6...right? This is my third day of 1/2 stamina [as well as two full 2x drop days] farming him and he won't freaking drop! He just mocks me.

I got him on my ~6th try.

It's balanced out by the fact that I've been farming Mr. 3 regularly for 2+ months with not even a beli bag drop from him in that time. :p You win some, you lose some.

chrono01

I got him on my ~6th try.

It's balanced out by the fact that I've been farming Mr. 3 regularly for 2+ months with not even a beli bag drop from him in that time. :p You win some, you lose some.
I got two damn beli bags from Broggy. TWO! That's a real gut-punch when that happens.

Majukun

so,what's your monster chopper team?

i think i'll go with a double jozu + gp usopp + sanji dj..and then i have to choose the other two..hina is good but i can't orb manipulate if not with johnny and ms valentine but their attack is abysmal..kaku will probably be in it to give some more "punch"...i have a decent elvel ace or a lv 50ish lucci....

Jayhawk

I'll bust out my level Princess Vivi later for a few Monster Chopper runs while he's up. Maybe I should have put some effort into leveling my Ace, Lucci and Kaku, then I wouldn't have to zombie.

I wasn't planning on farming for Broggy today but I needed 3 purple hermit crabs to evolve my 2nd Croc, V2 Nami, and Hogback and I happened to get a stamina refill. Since farming for purple evo material in this game is a pain in the ass because most stages have either purple or yellow, not both and you won't know which shows up, farming Broggy's stage today is a good 5 stamina only INT enemies option. Luckily Broggy dropped and I got 1 hermit crab which I used to evolve Croc.

chrono01

I wasn't planning on farming for Broggy today but I needed 3 purple hermit crabs to evolve my 2nd Croc, V2 Nami, and Hogback and I happened to get a stamina refill. Since farming for purple evo material in this game is a pain in the ass because most stages have either purple or yellow, not both and you won't know which shows up, farming Broggy's stage today is a good 5 stamina only INT enemies option. Luckily Broggy dropped and I got 1 hermit crab which I used to evolve Croc.
Jealous! I'll never get the bastard, congrats though!

Oh, Monster Chopper is tonight? I'm not sure if I'll bother farming him or not. It's not as though I can store multiple copies of him for a skill-up event, not with ten free slots in my inventory. I'm not even storing multiple skillbooks as I usually am, I'm genuinely full just on characters alone as well as a few evolution material.

With the number of characters currently in-game, 200 slots is a joke.

koryuken

Jealous! I'll never get the bastard, congrats though!

Oh, Monster Chopper is tonight? I'm not sure if I'll bother farming him or not. It's not as though I can store multiple copies of him for a skill-up event, not with ten free slots in my inventory. I'm not even storing multiple skillbooks as I usually am, I'm genuinely full just on characters alone as well as a few evolution material.

With the number of characters currently in-game, 200 slots is a joke.

I'm thinking of doing ten runs or so for fun and for a good chance to get an elder seahorse.... I am running low.

Majukun

I'm gonna farm him mostly for the berries and the exp more than for the skillups..i don't have the space for keeping all those choppers anyway

Heng

I may use 5 gems to farm him, although I don't have enough space to store his extra copies. He's basically to help level my monster chopper, and hopefully I get some skills out of it. They really need to increase slot space, I don't know what they're waiting for. I'm sure most of us would upgrade to max slots as soon as it's available to us. It might not even be wise to spend 5 gems on him since I barely use him.

Anyways I'm going to use WB to farm him, but I'll leave my Jozu up for those who need him. If enough people ask for Capone or any of the zombie captains then I can leave those up as well.

For those interested in farming Chopper and would like to be able to use his special on Doffy, I read that 24 is the minimum cooldown to have to be able to use it in that fight, although by no means required. I haven't farmed him at all yet but I really just need 3 Sea stallions at this point to evolve V2 Nami, Urouge, and Capone, and maybe one potentially for Zephyr but I'll be farming him anyway. I may not even be using Chopper for Doffy if I can get the last level on my coffin ship. Mr. 1, Arlong, Usopp, and a damage reducer can easily beat Doffy.

For Chopper, I'll be running double Mihawk with a maxed Merry, GP Usopp, Lucci and Kuro who are in their 70s, and my max Arlong. I entertained the idea of running my evolved Koza in Arlong's stead for his typing and slasher boosting special but even at max level and the 2x damage against STR, he still doesn't come close to Arlong's damage output.

Tidd

OH YEAH Dragon Ball Z fortnight? officially announced for japan.

My japanese id for Ralch and whoever plays the japanese version. Quote to reveal (oh btw I have a maximum limit of 195 friends, which is nearly the same amount as global has box space!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS?)

OH YEAH Dragon Ball Z fortnight? officially announced for japan.

My japanese id for Ralch and whoever plays the japanese version. Quote to reveal (oh btw I have a maximum limit of 195 friends, which is nearly the same amount as global has box space!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS?)
Doffy invades Dokkan... Frieza invades TC... Wat?!?
DO WANT

We had better damn well get this in Global!
You are damn right, it better.

Heng

Is anyone using WB to farm monster chopper? Where are you stalling if you are? I've tried doing it on wave 1 but I really need food to stall long enough to get my special on WB ready for the boss. Maybe I should stall on the penguin stage instead seeing how little damage it does.

If I can't do it consistently then I might just stick to a Jozu team.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone using WB to farm monster chopper? Where are you stalling if you are? I've tried doing it on wave 1 but I really need food to stall long enough to get my special on WB ready for the boss. Maybe I should stall on the penguin stage instead seeing how little damage it does.

If I can't do it consistently then I might just stick to a Jozu team.

I was earlier for the last couple SPLV I needed.

On Stage 1 you need to dance around there as long as you can, keeping in mind everyone hits you for like 2,100~ HP. So you want to take enough damage but not too much as to be able to stall on the turtle on Stage 2. By the time you leave that stage you should have WB's captain ability active and have your WB's to at least 5 turns left or fully ready. Stage 3 may get 1-2 turns depending on the cool downs for the fodder there (you won't be able to stall on the penguin, it dies too easily), all the while you'll have been farming orbs to clear out Stage 4 with Sanji. Once you get to Stage 5, it's just a matter of finishing MC off in 4 turns and it'll only take you 1-2 turns with 2x WB special unleashed right away, matching orbs and a possible Kaku boost.

Note, I don't think you should be farming with WB unless you're at 20 turns for him, maybe? Maxed special obviously makes things easier.

Jozu teams with Alvida, GP Usopp I believe can create a perpetual turn lock in your favor. I don't remember the exact team combination, but I'm sure lowered/maxed specials may be required. Otherwise good luck with your farming.

RalchAC

I tried Monster Chopper with my shitty 2x Ace team (team members are around level 60) and I lost because I made some mistakes in the first stages and I didn't hit my perfects properly lol. I should have gone Jozu/Ace instead or 2x Mihawk.

Anyway, I think I'll just do Hogback Island. If I start planning a reliable team for Chopper I'll want to gem a bunch of copies. But my box space is too tiny, so I'm not doing it.

Have you heard me Bamco!?

Adeptrain

ok, now I feel bad that I mentioned it lol

I guess first thing you should do is read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/376uej/frequently_asked_questions/
This is also a good guide for the beginning, which leads into late game content (even if it says free 2 play): https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/3erav5/complete_f2p_guideroad_map_100_no_rare_recruits/

If you need to check whether a character is good or see what his evolution is, check this site: http://optc.github.io/characters/#/search/

To know which unit drops from which chapter: http://optc.github.io/drops/

And to check your turtle time (which is today/tomorrow; faster way to level up your characters): http://cyung.github.io/optc/index.html

If you didn't pull Arlong so far, don't try to farm him on Arlong Park, because his fortnight island is coming back in thex next few days, where he has a higher drop rate!

Units you should NOT evolve: Golden Pound Usopp (lower cooldown than Sogeking), Mirage Tempo Nami, Streaming Wolf Zoro (special changes for his evolution, which is bad), Laboon

Thank you for all of this! It was really, really helpful. Especially the reddit guide. I now have a full marine tandem team and am waiting for turtle island. Also, I have maxed out Usopp, but it seems I have to wait a while to get the armoured crab? Kinda annoying, but at least I've got him ready :)

Majukun

I was convinced I had a good team for monster chopper (double jozu) .. wasted 80 stamina and didn't manage to do the 40 stamina... too little damage

Majukun

Same here. I should have leveled my QCK units more. :/

Oh well, back to Hogback!
I had

jozu Lv 81 + friend jozu Lv max
gp usopp lv max + DJ sanji lv 65
kaku lv 55 + Lucci lv 55

still not enough it seems.. Maybe bringing Alvida instead of kaku?

ElChado

Neo Member
I was earlier for the last couple SPLV I needed.

On Stage 1 you need to dance around there as long as you can, keeping in mind everyone hits you for like 2,100~ HP. So you want to take enough damage but not too much as to be able to stall on the turtle on Stage 2. By the time you leave that stage you should have WB's captain ability active and have your WB's to at least 5 turns left or fully ready. Stage 3 may get 1-2 turns depending on the cool downs for the fodder there (you won't be able to stall on the penguin, it dies too easily), all the while you'll have been farming orbs to clear out Stage 4 with Sanji. Once you get to Stage 5, it's just a matter of finishing MC off in 4 turns and it'll only take you 1-2 turns with 2x WB special unleashed right away, matching orbs and a possible Kaku boost.

Note, I don't think you should be farming with WB unless you're at 20 turns for him, maybe? Maxed special obviously makes things easier.

Jozu teams with Alvida, GP Usopp I believe can create a perpetual turn lock in your favor. I don't remember the exact team combination, but I'm sure lowered/maxed specials may be required. Otherwise good luck with your farming.

im farming with whitebeard and i find because it's so relaxing and chill i stall for nearly 25 turns. i think i get up to 24 if the first wave has a 3 turn cooldown guy.

Then again my team has over 16k hp, i stall the first wave by killing everyone till one guy is left and let him hit me till im down to 6k hp while fishing for a blue orb on my killer. next stage i kill everyone but one colour to lock ussop or whitebeards or my vista, then take my time killing the turtle fishing for a blue orb on my kaku. most times my whitebeard special is max while im still at the turtle-sure it's max 17-but i just finished a run just now where my killer was at 9 when i got to chopper, and my killers max is 34 so that makes 25 turns i stalled and i could have stalled another 3 turns if i wanted.

Though it helps my team is -max whitebeard, max vista, max ussop, 92 kaku, 70 killer.

chrono01

I had

jozu Lv 81 + friend jozu Lv max
gp usopp lv max + DJ sanji lv 65
kaku lv 55 + Lucci lv 55

still not enough it seems.. Maybe bringing Alvida instead of kaku?
I'm not sure I'd want to lose Kaku. His special ability seems too valuable.

Also, this reminds me that I really...really need Jozu. :/

pelicansurf

Don't farm Chopper while tired. I have like 4 different teams to farm him with, they all require perfects to be effective and I kept dying by missing perfects with G3, Rayleigh, and even Killer (post 3-misses). What a wreck.

linkent

didnt u guys max out Mihawk?
Anyway i really start to feel it isnt worth it to farm these events with gem without a skill up event.
Or at least let us keep them till the next event(ie increase storage space :p)
20 chopper 2 skill up, felt bad :(

pelicansurf

didnt u guys max out Mihawk?
Anyway i really start to feel it isnt worth it to farm these events with gem without a skill up event.
Or at least let us keep them till the next event(ie increase storage space :p)
20 chopper 2 skill up, felt bad :(
I have a max Mihawk, but haven't tried him with chopper. Guess I'll do that next.

Guess you don't want to hear that I fed Chopper 5 of himself and got 3 skill ups just now, right?
felt good

linkent

I have a max Mihawk, but haven't tried him with chopper. Guess I'll do that next.

Guess you don't want to hear that I fed Chopper 5 of himself and got 3 skill ups just now, right?
felt good
Just 2 Mihawk,
Lucci, Arlong, GodUsopp.

Can clear him easily after cutting his health in half first turn.

Also damn u with your luck!!!!
Hope your luck continue :)

Top Bottom