• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Dawg

I'm trying to be helpful by making you aware. I remember there was a case of one guy in this OT and several people on the Treasure Cruise subreddit who had their accounts stolen after they posted uncensored screenshots of their boxes.

I know, thanks for that. I deleted all the pictures just to be safe ;_;7

ElChado

Neo Member
So what ship should we be focusing on after the Coffin Ship? I guess the Marine ship for shooters even though that get's outclassed by Ace's ship which is unfortunately a long long time away.

+100 ATK to shooters seems pale in comparison to 1.5x ATK from a maxed Merry and makes it seem almost not worth it. Granted the 1.5x HP in addition to the +100 ATK is nice but I feel like most of the time in this game a great offense is the best defense.

Maybe just save for the Striker ship?

The marine ship isnt used for shooter teams like sw ace/zephyr. it's used for blackbeard teams for the 1.5x hp boost.

Majukun

one entire day worth of stamina plus a last minute stamina refill... still no brogy and still no character successfully farmed since freaking arlong the first month.

that without counting the fact that my merry is still Lv 9 and I had 2 consecutive shitty Sugofest.... If this is not proof the game hates me, I don't know what is.

RalchAC

Anybody still willing to exchange chests? There are a few hours left until I become filthy bronze

one entire day worth of stamina plus a last minute stamina refill... still no brogy and still no character successfully farmed since freaking arlong the first month.

that without counting the fact that my merry is still Lv 9 and I had 2 consecutive shitty Sugofest.... If this is not proof the game hates me, I don't know what is.

At this point you're better waiting for Bamco to release an event that adds some story units to the Friend Point Gacha.

If you have Brain Point Chopper or Towel Nami + Cindry it's not a big lost. You should farm guys like Crocodile, Mr1 or Miss Doublefinger instead IMO

Definately needing that mail box upgrade!

If the character box gets upgrade i'm worried this thread might burst with excitement

That would be a fun trolling lol. I'd go to their Facebook page just to see people complaining :p

Dawg

Arlong straight up refuses to drop ;_;

edit: just got him =$

edit #2 = I have Alvida max evolution, Gum-Gum Bazooka Luffy, Arlong first evolution, Blamenco, Barthomolew Kuma and Bepo. That's one STR character too much, should I drop Luffy?

RalchAC

Arlong straight up refuses to drop ;_;

edit: just got him =$

edit #2 = I have Alvida max evolution, Gum-Gum Bazooka Luffy, Arlong first evolution, Blamenco, Barthomolew Kuma and Bepo. That's one STR character too much, should I drop Luffy?

You couldn't farm Monster Chopper? Do you have Kraken?

I'd say go for

Kuma / Kuma
Arlong / Alvida
Blamenco / Golden Pound Ussop

If you have the Kraken combine him with Blamenco for full STR orbs. You can switch Arlong or Alvida for the Kraken depending on what you need (extra turn or more damage?) but with a 2x HP captain you should have a large hp pool anyway

Dawg

You couldn't farm Monster Chopper? Do you have Kraken?

I'd say go for

Kuma / Kuma
Arlong / Alvida
Blamenco / Golden Pound Ussop

If you have the Kraken combine him with Blamenco for full STR orbs. You can switch Arlong or Alvida for the Kraken depending on what you need (extra turn or more damage?) but with a 2x HP captain you should have a large hp pool anyway

Oh right, I do have Kraken. And yeah, Monster Chopper came at a very bad time for me. I was basically busy all day and totally forgot about the event :(

RalchAC

Got a beli bag in Mr1. Thanks Bamco.

Oh right, I do have Kraken. And yeah, Monster Chopper came at a very bad time for me. I was basically busy all day and totally forgot about the event :(

No problem, he will come back. In 1-2 months, probably.

Xcution

Need me a box extension. Especially when you start having a crap ton of chars.

In better news. I got lucky as hell. Just maxed Mihawk ship with only 2-3 failed attempts. Usopp must be having a good day.

RalchAC

What is currently the best team for Zephyr

A Marco burst team is probably the fastest way to farm Zephyr. The team is:

Marco / Marco
Garp /Mr2
Coby / v2 Ussop

Garp should be at max level I think. The others specials should be as low as Garp.

After 3 turns either your team or Zephyr should have died

Heng

A Marco burst team is probably the fastest way to farm Zephyr. The team is:

Marco / Marco
Garp /Mr2
Coby / v2 Ussop

Garp should be at max level I think. The others specials should be as low as Garp.

After 3 turns either your team or Zephyr should have died
Damn, my Marco and Garp are both around 60 and I still need Mr.2. I might have to use WB although it might not be as hard as I imagine.

Qmzn

Neo Member
That sounds cool, but I'm not sure I'm completely following you. Feel like a noobie again ;-;

That's okay, I obsess over the minutiae of this game's mechanics, plus playing the Japanese version has been like skipping to the end of a book, with all options revealed.

Aokiji is 2x Striker Type HP and Attack. When you use someone like Vista, Asura Zoro or Garp, you can get a lot of HP, but there's only so many high HP units in a particular color.

However, Striker units have some of the highest HP in the game, even in non-gacha. Kraken, Kaku, Smoker, all over 2000 HP at MAX. Go into gacha land, and the numbers get even bigger. Kid goes over 3000, and Moria almost hits 4000. Get your units up into the 90s, and you'll end up with around 60,000 HP. Someday, if we're all super-lucky, we can even break 80,000.

Furthermore, you can triple buff the entire team with something like this, although it'll require a lot of Special leveling, and Aokiji is a bitch to farm.

I was wrong about Krieg, though... he used to evolve into a Striker, but apparently that's been changed. I'm guessing the devs didn't like the idea of type changes over evolutions, or maybe it was just a database mistake.

So, TL;DR, you already have a lot of high HP Striker units, which means a powerful Aokiji team right out of the gate.

RalchAC

That's okay, I obsess over the minutiae of this game's mechanics, plus playing the Japanese version has been like skipping to the end of a book, with all options revealed.

Aokiji is 2x Striker Type HP and Attack. When you use someone like Vista, Asura Zoro or Garp, you can get a lot of HP, but there's only so many high HP units in a particular color.

However, Striker units have some of the highest HP in the game, even in non-gacha. Kraken, Kaku, Smoker, all over 2000 HP at MAX. Go into gacha land, and the numbers get even bigger. Kid goes over 3000, and Moria almost hits 4000. Get your units up into the 90s, and you'll end up with around 60,000 HP. Someday, if we're all super-lucky, we can even break 80,000.

Furthermore, you can triple buff the entire team with something like this, although it'll require a lot of Special leveling, and Aokiji is a bitch to farm.

I was wrong about Krieg, though... he used to evolve into a Striker, but apparently that's been changed. I'm guessing the devs didn't like the idea of type changes over evolutions, or maybe it was just a database mistake.

So, TL;DR, you already have a lot of high HP Striker units, which means a powerful Aokiji team right out of the gate.

To be honest I've stopped playing the JP version because I was afraid I'd be bored of Global if I get uses to the other version. Fortnights, story stuff, raid bosses... Everything. So I decided to stop playing the JP version. The fact that I couldn't download anything else on my phone (any update or anything) made me prioritise and I decided to delete it.

IHaveIce

Banned
I still doubt Zephyr will be soon :/ Though it would be admirable if Bandai would finally adopt the weekly raidboss style from the Jap. version

RalchAC

I still doubt Zephyr will be soon :/ Though it would be admirable if Bandai would finally adopt the weekly raidboss style from the Jap. version

There aren't enough raid bosses yet I'd say. Still, they must be saving something cool as the next event if they're waiting until the last moment before announcing it.

Garp had a whole event around him iirc (the training one) so maybe they're thinking about something similar for Zephyr?

Hana-Bi

So, whats the prefered team against Garp?

Double Nami or a Mihawk team? I don't have Vista so I think I might have a problem running a Mihawk team...

Qmzn

Neo Member
To be honest I've stopped playing the JP version because I was afraid I'd be bored of Global if I get uses to the other version. Fortnights, story stuff, raid bosses... Everything. So I decided to stop playing the JP version. The fact that I couldn't download anything else on my phone (any update or anything) made me prioritise and I decided to delete it.

Although I'm sticking with the JP version, I agree with the sentiment. It can make Global feel mundane, and updating's a bitch due to region lockout--although if anyone ever needs it, I have an Android VM with a Japanese Google account, to nab the updated APKs when they land.

I'm enjoying my Sabo party too much to give it up yet, though. Then I have Noland with Lv.5 Special, plus Koza with skillbooks waiting to be used. Once I get a Mihawk, I'll probably have a beefier Slasher team than my Global one.

One thing that's a real shame about global is the localization. I know it's a tricky business, because there's just not enough room in those little text boxes for some of the stuff, like Bon Clay singing his little songs and such. All the fun little manga-style text formatting is completely thrown away, though, along with the little puns and unique laughs that Oda likes to give his characters. I know that's pretty much the status quo for most any One Piece localization, but by regularly playing both, I can't help but see the disparities, even with the Japanese comprehension level of an underdeveloped preschooler.

I don't have Vista so I think I might have a problem running a Mihawk team...

There's Slasher Crocodile, Buggy, or Mr. 3, or bring Arlong at a really high level, or bring Mr.0 or Koza to buff your best orb setup. Onigumo might even work, as long as both Mihawks are at max character level .

Vista/Helmeppo is banking on the guaranteed INT damage, but that doesn't mean it's the only viable option. You might lose a few to bad orb luck, but if you can succeed at 80% of your runs, I'd say it's good enough for farming. It's more about chopping off 60% of that HP, and going from there.

So, whats the prefered team against Garp?

Double Nami or a Mihawk team? I don't have Vista so I think I might have a problem running a Mihawk team...

I farmed Garp the first time around using a Mihawk team with just one max skill Mihawk, a max level V2 Helmeppo, and a max level Mr. 3, along with a max Merry. Sometimes despite playing flawlessly, I would still lose due to bad orb luck but now with access to Shichibukai Croc with his self orb changing special, not to mention his higher damgage compared to other INT slashers, and presumably two max cooldown Mihawks, it shouldn't be a problem for anyone trying to beat Garp with that team. The only limiting factor to running that team would be if your Smoker's cooldown isn't 19 or 20, I forget the exact turn requirement.

Hana-Bi

Thanks.

I think I will try it first with a Nami team. My slasher int chars aren't maxed and I didn't have the time to farm for slasher Croc.

But with maxed Merry, maxed Nami, Robin, Broggy and Buggy Garp should be hopefully be doable.

RalchAC

I farmed Garp the first time around using a Mihawk team with just one max skill Mihawk, a max level V2 Helmeppo, and a max level Mr. 3, along with a max Merry. Sometimes despite playing flawlessly, I would still lose due to bad orb luck but now with access to Shichibukai Croc with his self orb changing special, not to mention his higher damgage compared to other INT slashers, and presumably two max cooldown Mihawks, it shouldn't be a problem for anyone trying to beat Garp with that team. The only limiting factor to running that team would be if your Smoker's cooldown isn't 19 or 20, I forget the exact turn requirement.

With the Coffin Ship decently leveled you should be able to even ignore Smoker.

Smoker was used to tank the first 3 hits 2980 damage each). He reduces damage taken by 4470 in those 3 turns. The Coffin Ship can probably eat that damage with a 1.4 or 1.5 HP bonus.

So Smoker shouldn't be a big problem if your Coffin Ship level is 8 or above imo.

Thanks.

I think I will try it first with a Nami team. My slasher int chars aren't maxed and I didn't have the time to farm for slasher Croc.

But with maxed Merry, maxed Nami, Robin, Broggy and Buggy Garp should be hopefully be doable.

If you managed to level your Cindry's skill to 19 you can use her and Towel Nami's skill for full INT orbs and sub out Buggy or Brogy for a higher damaging INT unit or even V2 Coby for greater burst damage.

RalchAC

If you managed to level your Cindry's skill to 19 you can use her and Towel Nami's skill for full INT orbs and sub out Buggy or Brogy for a higher damaging INT unit or even V2 Coby for greater burst damage.

If he is going to bring Coby he could use a G3 friend captain too. Something like this:

G3 / T Nami
Robin / INT heavy hitter
Cindry / Coby

If he is going to add units with a different colour concentrating more damage in the last few hits would be a good idea

Hana-Bi

With the Coffin Ship decently leveled you should be able to even ignore Smoker.

Smoker was used to tank the first 3 hits 2980 damage each). He reduces damage taken by 4470 in those 3 turns. The Coffin Ship can probably eat that damage with a 1.4 or 1.5 HP bonus.

So Smoker shouldn't be a big problem if your Coffin Ship level is 8 or above imo.

So a double Mihawk team, maxed Coffin boat, Alvida, Helmeppo, Broggy and Buggy would also be good enough? With the Broggy+Buggy combo I'd have at least two matching orbs for Helmeppo and Buggy.

Tidd

What a shitty event >.> which could end up okayish if they give us box space to save some turtles

And different characters for iOS and android? What a brilliant idea because Sanji is so useful. I can imagine the rage of all iOS users who evolved Nami.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What a shitty event >.> which could end up okayish if they give us box space to save some turtles

And different characters for iOS and android? What a brilliant idea because Sanji is so useful. I can imagine the rage of all iOS users who evolved Nami.
That's me!

It truly sucks that there is no parity between the two platforms, for this event. Between this and the ability to use fakeGPS apps, Android seems to be the better platform to play this on (although, there is the SFX lag bug that I don't think iOS has).

However, I'm ecstatic, as an Android user, about finally being able to make up for my mistake of evolving Mirage Nami. Plus, I can also empty all these books I have.

TheShah

Wish I had a max Mihawk or a Robin so I could farm Garp. Last time he came around I was 3 for 3 on skill ups from Vivi/Laboon, hopefully I get similar luck this time.

I haven't been around in some time. But I saw there's an update coming. Box space or bust.

I haven't done a single battle in just under two weeks now- just logging on daily for the gem and that's it. Just because I've been stuck at 200 characters. >.<

It'll be nice to get another Nami since I too made the mistake of evolving my Mirage Tempo Nami into her useless final evoluiton. Too bad I fed away all the skill books I would have gotten for her from Hogback's isle, not that I would have had the space to keep them if I wanted to.

It'd be a shame to have the evolution and booster material in the friend pull event go to waste since those are the things you get rid of first when you lack box space.

I spent 3 gems so far and fed Garp to himself 8 times. No skill ups. I think I'm done with this raid and will instead build my STA for TTs tomorrow. I also want to save my gems in hope that the upcoming update grants us with a box space increase.

I wanted to get his skill level down at least a little (if I could have hit 25 I could have gone w/ the Urouge Burst team for Zephyr), but it doesn't seem to be worth it with no skill up event or box space. Alas, I'm not too flustered about it, since getting a 3* Nami for free allows me to go with a 2x Garp, Coby, GP Usopp, Alvida, Mirage Nami team and not have to worry about Garp's CD.

RalchAC

I spent 3 gems so far and fed Garp to himself 8 times. No skill ups. I think I'm done with this raid and will instead build my STA for TTs tomorrow. I also want to save my gems in hope that the upcoming update grants us with a box space increase.

I wanted to get his skill level down at least a little (if I could have hit 25 I could have gone w/ the Urouge Burst team for Zephyr), but it doesn't seem to be worth it with no skill up event or box space. Alas, I'm not too flustered about it, since getting a 3* Nami for free allows me to go with a 2x Garp, Coby, GP Usopp, Alvida, Mirage Nami team and not have to worry about Garp's CD.

If you manage to have over 48K HP you shouldn't need your CD at 25. The idea of that team is using a Garp to recover some health for the 3rd attack.

Still, I'll try that team with a Franky instead of Uroge, but if the team relies to much in RNG I'll do the same as you. My Nami is at 11 CD which should be useful

IHaveIce

Banned

Yeah what a shitty event :/

If you manage to have over 48K HP you shouldn't need your CD at 25. The idea of that team is using a Garp to recover some health for the 3rd attack.

Still, I'll try that team with a Franky instead of Uroge, but if the team relies to much in RNG I'll do the same as you. My Nami is at 11 CD which should be useful
Looking at HP numbers, I'd need to max out my Franky in order to make that team work with only 1 usable Garp skill. This would mean ~2.4m EXP from where he is now.

Another option would be to get lucky with a 5 CD turtle in Stage 2 or stall for an extra 2 turns on Ain (my Garp CD is 27). It looks like a fast and fun team, but I don't think I'll be able to run it.

RalchAC

Looking at HP numbers, I'd need to max out my Franky in order to make that team work with only 1 usable Garp skill. This would mean ~2.4m EXP from where he is now.

Another option would be to get lucky with a 5 CD turtle in Stage 2 or stall for an extra 2 turns on Ain (my Garp CD is 27). It looks like a fast and fun team, but I don't think I'll be able to run it.

Uroge doesn't have enough HP to reach that goal? Since I don't have him I haven't done any calculations with that team. Still, 25 CD is skill level 3, which should be doable even without a skill up event... right?

You could hoard your Garps and wait for a bit... at this rate we may get a new skill up event before Zephyr shows up...

Uroge doesn't have enough HP to reach that goal? Since I don't have him I haven't done any calculations with that team.
Going by the damage calc (with a max Merry of course), it would take one Garp at level 92 and everyone else at max to have get the 2x Garp + Urouge team to hit 48k+ HP.

On a Franky team, one can hit 48k+ HP at lower levels:
Garp 1 - MAX
Garp 2 - 85
Coby - 80
Bon Clay - MAX
Impact Usopp - MAX
Franky - MAX

However, Urouge has a much higher attack than Franky (even 80 Urouge vs 99 Franky). As such, I haven't done any damage calculations to know if these levels would be high enough to take Zephyr down by the 12th turn or not.

Still, 25 CD is skill level 3, which should be doable even without a skill up event... right?

You could hoard your Garps and wait for a bit... at this rate we may get a new skill up event before Zephyr shows up...
I don't have box space to horde any Garps, and I would rather save my gems in hope of a box increase coming with 2.3.

Top Bottom