• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

chrono01

I don't really have a nice lead for red turtle times. What's recommended? I use Marco for INT, Nami V2 for PSY, and Monster Chopper for DEX. Not sure what I'll use for QCK and STR. Maybe Law for QCK and Ace for STR?

I wish I had some 3x attack DEX/QCK leads. :/

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I don't really have a nice lead for red turtle times. What's recommended? I use Marco for INT, Nami V2 for PSY, and Monster Chopper for DEX. Not sure what I'll use for QCK and STR. Maybe Law for QCK and Ace for STR?

Ace until the blue guy in this sugo fest. Monster Chopper actually works really well for red, since most reds are very high powered. It's worth a shot if they're around. Mihawk and Marco work too, honestly. Turtles don't have much defense.

The issue is killing elders. I'm sure a orb'd 2.5 multiplier chopper will end anything but a blue elder.

chrono01

Those exist?

Use Ace.
In Japan they do, not sure there's any for Global yet. Well, there's Thatch that will be available tomorrow once Sugofest begins, who gives 3x attack to QCK units when your health is full. I can't recall a 3x attack to DEX unit lead off the top of my head, but I'm sure one exists [in Japan's version].

Ace until the blue guy in this sugo fest. Monster Chopper actually works really well for red, since most reds are very high powered. It's worth a shot if they're around. Mihawk and Marco work too, honestly. Turtles don't have much defense.

The issue is killing elders. I'm sure a orb'd 2.5 multiplier chopper will end anything but a blue elder.
Thanks I'll put up Ace then [and use MC for STR, if I have to]. As for killing the Elder, it's not a problem for me personally, since I have a max-skill Fullbody that I stall for.

Jayhawk

In Japan they do, not sure there's any for Global yet. Well, there's Thatch that will be available tomorrow once Sugofest begins, who gives 3x attack to QCK units when your health is full. I can't recall a 3x attack to DEX unit lead off the top of my head, but I'm sure one exists [in Japan's version].

"I wish I had a unit that doesn't exist in Global yet." WE ALL DO, CHRONO01!

What is the defense on an elder turtle again?

I'd like to remember the minimum attack a character with matching orb needs with 2.5x chain multiplier plus either 2.5x or 3x captains.

chrono01

Also Apoo is 3x Dex.
Damn, I'm not sure how I missed that. I use him in my Law team, so it seems like I'm set for colors!

"I wish I had a unit that doesn't exist in Global yet." WE ALL DO, CHRONO01!

What is the defense on an elder turtle again?

I'd like to remember the minimum attack a character with matching orb needs with 2.5x chain multiplier plus either 2.5x or 3x captains.
It's nice to want things, I guess.

I'm not sure on the defense, but it's pretty high. I can kill an INT Elder with two G3 Luffy as Captain/Friend [max level], but only with a STR orb on the final hit.

Jayhawk

Any sites out there with different team compositions for fighting Doflamingo and what levels are required for the different team members?

Right now, I have...

G3 Luffy 70
Arlong 68
Monster Chopper 60
Kuma 50
Alvida 50

Unevolved Blamenco
Unevolved Kraken

I'd like to be smarter with my use of turtles for these dudes.

Qmzn

Neo Member
The production values on this game continue to surprise me

What amazes me even more is how the game continues to steadily improve past Perona--no complacency, no apparent acceptance of mediocrity.

In JP, I'm somewhat addicted to using the latest characters, because their idle and attack animations are terribly fun. It's not that the earlier characters are bad--far from it--but the artists are clearly hitting their stride. Animations feel wild and expressive, yet never too busy. A lot of the new characters jump before attacking, much like Kaku does. It really looks cool when your heaviest hitters leap in to strike, then retreat afterwards, while your support units ping stuff from a distance with guns and thrown weapons. The newest stuff like INT Mihawk's jumping slash and 6-star Luffy's Elephant Gun are especially satisfying to use, especially when hitting Perfects. And then there's the backgrounds--the way some of the newest ones animate, especially in Enies Lobby, makes me wonder if Bamco poached some of Capcom and SNK's best from the 90s.

But that's not all--unlike 90% of Android apps, things like UI and performance continue to improve, with load times and memory usage being reduced. I turned on voice in JP v4.2 today, to hear talkin' Ace and Vivi, only to find voice no longer lags up my game at all. SFX lag is still there, but it has lessened quite a bit. Island transitions are now nearly free of load screens, which makes snail hunting a breeze. The Character Box data loads in even quicker. Stamina overcharge drastically reduces the amount of wasted stamina, especially during raid boss farming. Now that Global has 5-minute stamina, I'm really hoping some of these performance and gameplay improvements will be rolled into Global early.

JP v2 seems to be where the quality push started. I imagine the game's initial success prompted a cash infusion, allowing a dev team that already gave a damn to really cut loose. Hope it lasts.

pelicansurf

Ended up with 31 elders and 48 teens, plus ten babies that I didn't sell for 5 pigs. Not a bad haul for just 1 hour.

I maxed Kuma, got Arlong to MAX, and evolved Mr. 1.

MiTYH

so, to do the friend game, you have to coordinate to play with someone in your vicinity?

that's not happening for me, then

Check reddit.com/r/onepiecetc
Daily friend games happen with people who have gold (so a gold/gold exchange) and they can move locations on android devices. They're good about helping iOS users too

Heng

I use killer + Ace. Any unit with 1000 attack power with matching orbs can kill elder turtles (blue units). I would like to try ace but I don't have him.

m6qq5LS.jpg
Wow I'm speechless... this shouldn't be possible...

pelicansurf

I maxed it out this morning and I was still interrupted while doing hour long turtle times (near the very end). 130ish open slots is not enough!

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. Yea i just maxed my box out. I have almost 130 slots with just elder/pigs/teen turtles. Mostly green. I am hoarding for Doffy :)

Let hope he doesnt take too long lol

I'm sure we'll get another box upgrade before then, or at least would hope. But just a heads up we went nearly 2 months without a new raid, then we got 3 repeat raids in a row. Hypothetically before Doflamingo arrives we should get Zephyr (INT) and Ivankov (QCK), so assumedly if we go back to a one new raid per month format, you'll be hoarding until probably December at the earliest?

Again, that's assuming a lot and trying to predict how the Global release format works. But if it follows this, that's also another 5-8 new fortnights before he arrives. Or this could all come crashing down and Doffy is in fact the very next raid, as he released right after the Perona fortnight we have going on right now in the Japan format.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Either some of you guys get really lucky - all the time - or is just have the worst luck during turtle times lol. 3-4 Elders is normal for me during a turtle run and im okay with it - until i open this thread where +10 elders per sessions seems to be normal xD

I still made some solid process thanks to turtle time and leveled Mr. 1 and G3 further. Had no time to work on MC but wont really need him until Dofla anyway
I use killer + Ace. Any unit with 1000 attack power with matching orbs can kill elder turtles (blue units). I would like to try ace but I don't have him.

Wow I'm speechless... this shouldn't be possible...
Sry Heng...but this made me laugh hah. Damn RNG can be cruel xD

PS. Yeah having Killer on that Ace team is great for Turtle farming - mac thing orbs on him take care of elders.
What amazes me even more is how the game continues to steadily improve past Perona--no complacency, no apparent acceptance of mediocrity.

In JP, I'm somewhat addicted to using the latest characters, because their idle and attack animations are terribly fun. It's not that the earlier characters are bad--far from it--but the artists are clearly hitting their stride. Animations feel wild and expressive, yet never too busy. A lot of the new characters jump before attacking, much like Kaku does. It really looks cool when your heaviest hitters leap in to strike, then retreat afterwards, while your support units ping stuff from a distance with guns and thrown weapons. The newest stuff like INT Mihawk's jumping slash and 6-star Luffy's Elephant Gun are especially satisfying to use, especially when hitting Perfects. And then there's the backgrounds--the way some of the newest ones animate, especially in Enies Lobby, makes me wonder if Bamco poached some of Capcom and SNK's best from the 90s.

But that's not all--unlike 90% of Android apps, things like UI and performance continue to improve, with load times and memory usage being reduced. I turned on voice in JP v4.2 today, to hear talkin' Ace and Vivi, only to find voice no longer lags up my game at all. SFX lag is still there, but it has lessened quite a bit. Island transitions are now nearly free of load screens, which makes snail hunting a breeze. The Character Box data loads in even quicker. Stamina overcharge drastically reduces the amount of wasted stamina, especially during raid boss farming. Now that Global has 5-minute stamina, I'm really hoping some of these performance and gameplay improvements will be rolled into Global early.

JP v2 seems to be where the quality push started. I imagine the game's initial success prompted a cash infusion, allowing a dev team that already gave a damn to really cut loose. Hope it lasts.
Completely agree - thats really one app where you see the developers/designers continuing to push for higher quality and more features instead of just being satisfied with status quo/gacha income. Cant wait for the stuff you have been mentioning the last weeks to be included in the Global version....rarely that you can recommended based on a specific IP to as many people regardless of their knowledge of the Manga/Anime.

RalchAC

Thanks. Yea i just maxed my box out. I have almost 130 slots with just elder/pigs/teen turtles. Mostly green. I am hoarding for Doffy :)

Let hope he doesnt take too long lol

I don't feel confident enough about out box space to do that. I already have >50 slots filled with Perona.

And talking about Turtles... I couldn't do any of the reds turtle times. I was in class during the first one and sleeping during the second... Today I should be a bit more lucky I guess

I'm sure we'll get another box upgrade before then, or at least would hope. But just a heads up we went nearly 2 months without a new raid, then we got 3 repeat raids in a row. Hypothetically before Doflamingo arrives we should get Zephyr (INT) and Ivankov (QCK), so assumedly if we go back to a one new raid per month format, you'll be hoarding until probably December at the earliest?

Again, that's assuming a lot and trying to predict how the Global release format works. But if it follows this, that's also another 5-8 new fortnights before he arrives. Or this could all come crashing down and Doffy is in fact the very next raid, as he released right after the Perona fortnight we have going on right now in the Japan format.

Maybe we'll get Ivankov for Halloween? The okamas, and especially Sanji-chan, are nightmar-ish enough :p

Completely agree - thats really one app where you see the developers/designers continuing to push for higher quality and more features instead of just being satisfied with status quo/gacha income. Cant wait for the stuff you have been mentioning the last weeks to be included in the Global version....rarely that you can recommended based on a specific IP to as many people regardless of their knowledge of the Manga/Anime.

Yeah, I've seen Record of Voyage Luffy and his attack animation feels awesome. In general the attention to detail in this game is incredible, it really feels like the people that develops this game love One Piece.

I like that they are being improving. I love animations that are heavy and fast. Like Garp. You really feel like he is strong when he waits for half a second before attacking. Same for Arlong, Mihawk, Kid, Jinbei and others.

The game is probably the most generous I've seen with F2P players so far. You have the Free Rainbow gems, an almost future proof F2P team (Slashers), a lot of interesting free units in fortnights and story missions, a way to beat the first raid bosses without using gems to new users.

Yeah, it seems I'm at the honey moon phase again. All I needed was a box space increase.

Kumo

Any point in running Krieg? He's actually the first fortnight that was going on when I first started playing, so the game has finally come full circle for me. :O

RalchAC

No turtles today.
zWVbK.gif
lol

Ok, thanks lol.

Any point in running Krieg? He's actually the first fortnight that was going on when I first started playing, so the game has finally come full circle for me. :O

If you already have the free gem... I don't think so. Leveling up Krieg skill isn't that important and Sanji skill books are going to be released in a 1-3 Fortnights. So just keep running Perona, since she is a really useful character.

I'm at 23 Peronas farmed! On the other hand, Mr.1 hates me :(

ElChado

Neo Member
So something to think about. V3.0 in japan came out during sadichan impel down fortnight which was back in spring. For global she should be here around january 19th.

Now i can't really see them going the 4 months time without any new version update. Maybe they will wait, maybe not.

The big v4.0 with sockets and socket abilities is what a lot of players want early on global. The big thing with V3.0 was it brought special pvp rankings to the game.

V3.0 pvp rankings were special missions and goals on that weeks fortnight, such as get most damage you can, or shortest number of turns to clear, and with 3 tier of rewards-elder turtle, cotton candy, and top prize gems.

Now global has 2 options, copy the same missions japan had for the same fortnights, or make their own. The big thing here is we haven't gotten "new" content japan hasn't gotten yet so we should be bringing over the same missions japan has but those started on sadichan, which again is 4 months away.

The surprise is japan has been adding rankings to some of the old fortnights as they return, such as the current duck squad fortnight. For us that comes november 24th, and before that they had a ranking for okama island a couple months ago-that comes november 10th to global.

So what im saying is, while some may hope we get sockets early in say V3.0, im saying maybe we get V3.0 november or earlier if they make missions for the earlier fortnights.

Spinx

it's the right site.

I'm digit 3, so we have it at the same time. Second red turtle run was 11 and a half hours ago.

First was at 3 pm for me, yesterday.

At that site, first run is the purple, second is red, third is blue, fourth is green, fifth is yellow

it's the right site.

I'm digit 3, so we have it at the same time. Second red turtle run was 11 and a half hours ago.

First was at 3 pm for me, yesterday.

At that site, first run is the purple, second is red, third is blue, fourth is green, fifth is yellow

http://cyung.github.io/optc/index.html (this one is correct?) now when the times come up they are our time zones times and not pst time right? because i think i may have been looking at the pst time instead

thanks for the help looking to level up some characters asap

Heng

Sry Heng...but this made me laugh hah. Damn RNG can be cruel xD
Haha it's okay, at least I got a laugh out of that bad luck. I've ran the penguin island 10 stamina version and I cannot get the rainbow penguin. Should I do the 15 stamina for it? I'm also not going to have Apoo evolved by tomorrow but I'll put Law in his place.

daydream

Banned
went ahead and added myself to the google doc!

so, i'm curious - do you guys generally press on in the story before taking care of the level-specific missions or the other way around?

RalchAC

went ahead and added myself to the google doc!

so, i'm curious - do you guys generally press on in the story before taking care of the level-specific missions or the other way around?

Fortnights are usually a priority since they only last two weeks and you need to get as many copies as posible to level up their skill.

For clearing story Islands for the first time I usually just run the levels when there is 0,5 stamina. If I want to farm a certain character I wait until there is x0,5 stamina or 2x Drop and then I run the level a couple of times. TBH I don't do more than 5-8 runs in a day since I know I'll get burned if I do that.

Story Islands will be there forever.

Edit: oh, and sometimes I slack and I don't finish the latest story island until a new Sugofest or raid boss is announced xD

Dang, I forgot the turtle times started this week. Missed today's. On a more positive note, I managed to max Merry.

Edit: The next turtle time is blue, right? I'm not sure who I want to level. My most impressive quick characters are Capone and Lucci, but maybe I should level Kaku or Hina instead?

Majukun

Dang, I forgot the turtle times started this week. Missed today's. On a more positive note, I managed to max Merry.

Edit: The next turtle time is blue, right? I'm not sure who I want to level. My most impressive quick characters are Capone and Lucci, but maybe I should level Kaku or Hina instead?
all have their place.. capone is a good captain.. Lucci is the one with most damage and useful in slasher teams.. The other 2 are great for support and while them being high level is not strictly necessary, it's sure welcome. depends on what kind of teams you wanna prioritize

bjork

I used some skillbooks all in a row-

Bepo - special level up
Dog - special level up
Kumacy - special level up

Got me curious to know if I just hit a lucky minute or something.

Fed 4 Peronas to Perona - 2 special level ups.

What if it was based on time, and you just had to use the books during that minute? Also, I probably just used up my luck on these skill books, so now the Sugo will be a disaster.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny. I've lurked this forum for years but it took this thread to make me want to register. I also blame this thread for ever making me play this game, but I haven't regretted a single second of time invested. I got everything I wanted from this game, in regards to whatever I put in. That being said, I'm retiring from the game tonight after Sugo-fest - no matter the results. I just wanted to say thanks to all the players here, past and present. My treasure cruise has definitely been fun, it still is, but for me now is as good a time as any to bow out.

Jayhawk

We're all going to be using the blue turtles we get tomorrow on the Boa Hancocks we pull tonight from Sugofest, right everyone?

Tidd

We're all going to be using the blue turtles we get tomorrow on the Boa Hancocks we pull tonight from Sugofest, right everyone?

That's the plan. :)

It's funny. I've lurked this forum for years but it took this thread to make me want to register. I also blame this thread for ever making me play this game, but I haven't regretted a single second of time invested. I got everything I wanted from this game, in regards to whatever I put in. That being said, I'm retiring from the game tonight after Sugo-fest - no matter the results. I just wanted to say thanks to all the players here, past and present. My treasure cruise has definitely been fun, it still is, but for me now is as good a time as any to bow out.

Oh, that's too bad, but I'm glad you enjoyed the game and joined us for this. And at least tell us your pulls. :D

You will most certainly be missed, buddy.

There was none today. Yesterday were Red and tomorrow is Blue. Then Green is 9/25 and Yellow is 9/27.

Edit: OMG! FINALLY! \o/

Now if only Mr. 2 would drop. I've done >200 runs now between stage 3 and 4.

Top Bottom