• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Hisoka

I think she was the first character I maxed, so I feel you. It's good to have her, but it's a drag that she isn't really necessary at this point.

Yeah. I already get this feeling that she won't be worth it for future content.
How did you even max her back then? You didn't even have yellow TT, i feel like a crybabe haha..

Jayhawk

but i need a robber penguin,not a pirate one,that's the problem

You can get a red robber penguin in 30-stamina Perona, and I believe they'll also be available in Absalom event isle.

EDIT: Rayleigh island coming out for global version on 2nd and 6th. It's a 15-stamina island, doesn't drop wanted posters, but gives 130k pirate exp. So plan your stamina usage accordingly, since it will level you up (possibly multiple times). Your crew is basically going through a time-skip with that much pirate exp!

Majukun

You can get a red robber penguin in 30-stamina Perona, and I believe they'll also be available in Absalom event isle.

EDIT: Rayleigh island coming out for global version on 2nd and 6th. It's a 15-stamina island, doesn't drop wanted posters, but gives 130k pirate exp. So plan your stamina usage accordingly, since it will level you up (possibly multiple times). Your crew is basically going through a time-skip with that much pirate exp!
yeah i know..but haiving done the turtle time this morning,i can't do perona's stage anymore otherwise i would not be full stamina when the turtle time arrives

i think i'll try with the half stamina at usopp's village...no x2 drop but 0,5 stamina menas just 2 stamina every try..i might get lucky and drop one.

bjork

Yeah. I already get this feeling that she won't be worth it for future content.
How did you even max her back then? You didn't even have yellow TT, i feel like a crybabe haha..

It was a few weeks of turtle times, iirc. I remember it taking awhile because at the time I was always working Monday nights and so I would only catch the morning time. I also think I didn't have a Marco to blow through fights quickly, so I was relying on total amount of combo hits and then Diable Sanji, heh.

I think maxing her is why I focused on INT characters after that, and why all my other characters are in the 30-60 range. I fear the late-level slog.

RalchAC

I have 34 Peronas. Her event should end in around 40 hours. I think I'm skipping today's TT in order to get more copies. I may even gem tomorrow a bit to try to get at least 40 copies of her.

Nice, those 260k should be around 4 levels at my current level (171) since I need around 80-85k to reach a new one.

Should be great for everyone in our quest to get enough stamina for Doffy. At this rate I'll get 3 runs per gem before Zephyr launches.

Wonder when will they announce what the next event is about.

bjork

So I know they've had two crossover events in Japan with the Dragon Ball game. One was recently with Doflamingo in DB and Frieza in OP, but there was an event back in like March or April-ish, I think. Anyone know what the event was?

Reason I ask is, I think I'm done playing the DBZ game as I find myself barely touching it, but if I need an active account on it in order to participate in an event like that (assuming we ever get it), I might still log in daily for bonuses or something.

Heng

yeah i know..but haiving done the turtle time this morning,i can't do perona's stage anymore otherwise i would not be full stamina when the turtle time arrives

i think i'll try with the half stamina at usopp's village...no x2 drop but 0,5 stamina menas just 2 stamina every try..i might get lucky and drop one.
If you have a lot of friend points, you could use it and try to get a penguin from there. The event lasts until the 30th of this month.

Spinx

So I know they've had two crossover events in Japan with the Dragon Ball game. One was recently with Doflamingo in DB and Frieza in OP, but there was an event back in like March or April-ish, I think. Anyone know what the event was?

Reason I ask is, I think I'm done playing the DBZ game as I find myself barely touching it, but if I need an active account on it in order to participate in an event like that (assuming we ever get it), I might still log in daily for bonuses or something.

I only found this

http://optc-guide.com/2015/03/08/one-piece-cross-dragonball-z/

Used 4 peronas, no skill up. I'll keep these 57 for the event. Box is getting cramped. When's the next box space increase ?

tomedo

Quick newbie question: I rerolled couple of times and got Red Flag X Drake (5 stars) and Roronoa Zoro (3 stars) - Am I good to go?

StMeph

Quick newbie question: I rerolled couple of times and got Red Flag X Drake (5 stars) and Roronoa Zoro (3 stars) - Am I good to go?

That depends entirely on what you are expecting from your initial pull(s). That Zoro is worthless because it's part of the initial/first batch of strawhats, which you get for completing story mode missions.

tomedo

That depends entirely on what you are expecting from your initial pull(s). That Zoro is worthless because it's part of the initial/first batch of strawhats, which you get for completing story mode missions.

I don't know enough to say what Im expecting. Sounds like I need to reroll. Guides just say keep 5 stars but mayby thats not good advice.

daydream

Banned
i went into the game with the mindset of not obsessing over the initial reroll (aka not rerolling, at all) and of course it started me out on cabin boy coby

i knew literally nothing about the game beforehand and i still felt how terrible that draw was, it was too obvious

anyway, i, uh, rolled with it and i'm still having a good time

Kyou

Is there any trick to getting Dogpen to show up? I spend all my energy doing 15 perona every day and nothing. Going to suck to miss a fortnight character because he just wouldn't show

StMeph

I don't know enough to say what Im expecting. Sounds like I need to reroll. Guides just say keep 5 stars but mayby thats not good advice.

There's not really a super up-to-date or beginner-friendly list. Most 5* are good enough since you do expect to find more as you play the game and roll (during Sugofests). Just keep in mind that Whitebeard, Rayleigh, Boa Hancock, and Sengoku are not available in the pool right now because they're only available during Sugos.

I'm not even sure what I would suggest shooting for on a new account outside of Sugos.

Getting Mihawk unlocks a lot of doors. Slashers are the defacto F2P team, with Mihawk and Doflamingo both available as raid bosses, and Ashura Zoro given to you as well as the Coffin Boat. Throw in a God Ussop (200 million bounty), and farmable Arlong, you only need to plug in one more Slasher for a really solid team that can do most content.

Woah, hold on there. X-Drake isn't too bad at all, so don't get discouraged. Since there won't be a Sugofest for a while (the only chance to pull the Super Rare units), there are just a couple that are really worth rerolling for:

- Balloon Luffy / Gear 3 Luffy
- Eustass Kid / Captain Kid

Otherwise, any of these captains are pretty decent starters:

- Killer
- Vista
- Law
- Kuma
- Thatch (debatable)
- Marco (debatable)
- Apoo (debatable)
- Gecko (debatable)
- Jimbe
- Ace (debatable)
- Shanks (debatable)
- Jozu
- Happiness Punch Nami / Fine Tempo Nami (ONLY THESE TWO NAMIS)

Use this website to check out different characters and see what they do: https://optc.github.io/characters/#/search/

All of the characters I've listed above have a very good ATK boost, or some other type of boost for your team. X-Drake is a great character, but he might be a little lacking for somebody just starting out. Here's why: His ATK boost only activates once your team gets to < 30% HP. While that's a nice ability, constantly reducing your HP while going through the story mode is going to get old pretty quick. That being said, if you don't mind the inconvenience, he's not a bad unit to start with.

Also, to clarify StMeph's point above: Mihawk is a farmable raid boss that gives all Slashers characters in your team 2.5X ATK. You can't pull him, but you'll be able to farm him eventually. Slashers are great, because most of their best units are completely farmable within the game.

bjork

The 5-star units are all useful in one way or another, but the initial batch of Straw Hats are freebies when you clear the story islands, so you'd end up with a dupe if you went with the 3* Zoro. But if you rolled a V2 Straw Hat, those are all pretty good units and will spare you a gacha pull later.

If you're rerolling still, don't shoot for the 6* (Rayleigh/Boa/Whitebeard/Sengoku) because they don't show up when it isn't a sugofest. I'm trying to think of what isn't farmable so far that is of note:
- V2 Straw Hats
- Whitebeard crew members
- Shichibukai

and that might be it? So any of those, but if you rolled an Arlong, that's a good unit to start off with even if he is farmable. Whatever you go with, good luck! Clearing all the islands should give you plenty of gems to pull for some more guys later.

[edit - beaten, you guys are too fast.]

Is there any trick to getting Dogpen to show up? I spend all my energy doing 15 perona every day and nothing. Going to suck to miss a fortnight character because he just wouldn't show

I only had him show up 2-3 times and I was running 30s almost exclusively. It's random, which is my least favorite part of these runs.

StMeph

really worth rerolling for

I'd suggest cutting the 3x-ATK-while-HP-is-maxed leaders too. They're more luxury than foundational pieces. I'd also cut and make sure never to keep Shanks (or Ace, personally), despite popularity, because their current/first incarnations are really weak.

I'd suggest cutting the 3x-ATK-while-HP-is-maxed leaders too. They're more luxury than foundational pieces. I'd also cut and make sure never to keep Shanks (or Ace, personally), despite popularity, because their current/first incarnations are really weak.

Yeah, I was a little apprehensive about adding the 3x ATK captains. I guess I finally just decided that they are still pretty great for running through the story mode. I've added a debatable tag in there for them though.

I'm a little more on the fence about Shanks/Ace though. I definitely get your point about them, but they're still the only 2.5x Captains for PSY/QCK.

Heng

i went into the game with the mindset of not obsessing over the initial reroll (aka not rerolling, at all) and of course it started me out on cabin boy coby

i knew literally nothing about the game beforehand and i still felt how terrible that draw was, it was too obvious

anyway, i, uh, rolled with it and i'm still having a good time
I did the same thing. I started out with Coby and Chopper and stuck to my original account. Now I have WB and majority of the supernovas. My advice is to play for fun and you may get some really good units along the way.

RalchAC

Thanks for the answers everyone - I think Im gonna reroll some more and eventually just go with whatever.

I think I still have my tablet account (with a Gear 3rd Luffy) available. If you want it, I can give it to you.

I'll recommend you playing the game for a bit first (so you know the basics and stuff) since it's around level 35 and I think I reached Loguetown before getting bored :p

bjork

Missed my turtle time.

I saw that it was time, but I was playing Drift Spirits. Forgive me, Vista-kun. I will max you later.

I'm a little more on the fence about Shanks/Ace though. I definitely get your point about them, but they're still the only 2.5x Captains for PSY/QCK.

Franky may not be 2.5x 100% of the time, but I still find him to be a good replacement for Shanks. However, there isn't a good 2.5x replacement for Ace.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

bjork

Looks cool - reminds me of the 3DS game, if the gameplay is okay i will give it a shot. One Piece RPG sounds good to me.

A bit early to already shit on it imo...but we will see.

Wasn't a statement as to the quality, but I'm in too deep on other stuff to take on more, heh.

cw_sasuke

So is that thing more like an action rpg? Don't see a problem. This and TC fill different niches imo.

Yeah...OPTC isnt going anywhere since its a mayor success. So it will be interesting to see what this new OP RPG title can bring to the table.
Wasn't a statement as to the quality, but I'm in too deep on other stuff to take on more, heh.
To be fair we probably wont get a localized version until 2017, if at all xD
Lets see how the impressions from JPN will be once the game is out.

StMeph

To be fair we probably wont get a localized version until 2017, if at all xD
Lets see how the impressions from JPN will be once the game is out.

And if you care about your wallet, wait another year before jumping in and getting in while more stuff is available / more bonuses running / better everything.

daydream

Banned
I did the same thing. I started out with Coby and Chopper and stuck to my original account. Now I have WB and majority of the supernovas. My advice is to play for fun and you may get some really good units along the way.

tumblr_m4buiaVFbz1qklm53o1_500.gif

RalchAC

Edit: Oh, and I started with Buggy and Krieg I think. Had really bad luck in the first Sugofests (Strawhats, WB pirates) but my luck improved with each subsequent Sugofest. Bamco is totally waiting for SW Sugofest to gift my with a shinny red poster that will grant me a Strong World Ace
in my dreams :(

And if you care about your wallet, wait another year before jumping in and getting in while more stuff is available / more bonuses running / better everything.

If this game has taught me something, is that you should jump on this "mobile game RPG grindfest games" as soon as posible lol. If you wait a little it gets harder because the community is built, the slang has been established and you'll probably get overwhelmed by the huge amount of stuff you need to learn in order to catch up.

If you start to play in the early days, you'll learn along the community and you will probably get quite knowledgeable without much (perceived) effort.

That's my opinion, at least :p

RedBoot

If you start to play in the early days, you'll learn along the community and you will probably get quite knowledgeable without much (perceived) effort.

The other advantage to starting early (or just getting started, in general) is keeping up to date on free gems and fortnight bosses. That'll eventually overcome any bad RR luck. As far as starting goes, I'd just try to get at least one 2.5atk or 2atk/hp captain and go from there.

My own free rolls were Cabin Boy Helmeppo and Kurobi. Not great. Though to be fair, I've gotten a ton of use out of that Helmeppo (even got his skill maxed).

cw_sasuke

With these type of games is always better to get in as early as possible...even if you dont play active just from logging in every day and somehow being part of the events you get a tone of extra stuff. In our case its even more extreme since we can prepare very early for upcoming content because JPN players already cleared the stuff.
Edit: Oh, and I started with Buggy and Krieg I think. Had really bad luck in the first Sugofests (Strawhats, WB pirates) but my luck improved with each subsequent Sugofest. Bamco is totally waiting for SW Sugofest to gift my with a shinny red poster that will grant me a Strong World Ace
in my dreams :(

Launch was nice...everyone was gunning for Ace/Shanks though many were happy with Arlong even if he was a farmable.

Man i hated leveling up Ace in the first months before we had turtle times lol...even worst...a couple of weeks later you could pull evolved Shanks/Ace from the Gacha..so while i was still trying to get my 4* Ace leveled high enough to evolve there were new players starting out with his 5* version ...lol.

RalchAC

Man i hated leveling up Ace in the first months before we had turtle times lol...even worst...a couple of weeks later you could pull evolved Shanks/Ace from the Gacha..so while i was still trying to get my 4* Ace leveled high enough to evolve there were new players starting out with his 5* version ...lol.

And I totally remember people going nuts when we first got a colour rate up. It was QCK, so people started to pull hoping to get Ace when the gacha pool was still small.

And the Zeff farming too lol. He seemed so good back then.

daydream

Banned
With these type of games is always better to get in as early as possible...even if you dont play active just from logging in every day and somehow being part of the events you get a tone of extra stuff. In our case its even more extreme since we can prepare very early for upcoming content because JPN players already cleared the stuff.

i regret not getting into the game from the very beginning. it's interesting to see how an f2p game develops over time, at least to me. only one of those i've been following since the beginning is pokemon shuffle at the moment but that's not seeing any adjustments on a regular basis, it pretty much just had one bigger update that impacted some things and that's it.

bjork

My initial rolls were Guard Point Chopper and Hot Rock Stew Sanji. I remember I was super stoked to have a Sanji, thinking he'd be some super character once I leveled him.

cw_sasuke

And I totally remember people going nuts when we first got a colour rate up. It was QCK, so people started to pull hoping to get Ace when the gacha pool was still small.

And the Zeff farming too lol. He seemed so good back then.

lol yeah...Zeff farming was kinda cool though because his stage wasnt too long. 2,5x leader was so strong at that point...with Sanji/Ace/Luffy etc. as subs you could clear all the beginner content without issues. I think until Mihawk hit he was actually my most used Captain...but after Mihawk hit Slasher pretty much dominated everything xD

The game is still great, especially thanks to the recent QoL upgrades we got...but the first couple weeks were really cool with everyone farming for Arlong, Kuro, Zeff, Smoker....lol i remeber i even stoned twice to farm Pirate Penguins when they were new. Needed 4 of them for DJ Sanji, Ace, G2 Luffy and Asura Zoro....

i regret not getting into the game from the very beginning. it's interesting to see how an f2p game develops over time, at least to me. only one of those i've been following since the beginning is pokemon shuffle at the moment but that's not seeing any adjustments on a regular basis, it pretty much just had one bigger update that impacted some things and that's it.
True...its always great when you can see the progression and development of such a game. It helps you to easier understand upcoming changes and updates. When you start later you have much more content choices and it can be overwhelming deciding what to tackle on first. With rotating content missing an important Event might mean you have to wait months before farming a essential sub like Perona or Coby.

bjork

The first turtle time took place at midnight for me, so I took a 30-minute break at work and then worked off the clock to cover the time I'd stolen. But I needed those turtles badly.

cw_sasuke

The first turtle time took place at midnight for me, so I took a 30-minute break at work and then worked off the clock to cover the time I'd stolen. But I needed those turtles badly.

Yeah same here....the first turtle times were such a revelation for us so we tried to attempt evry one no matter how bad the times were xD Cant blame us considering we were used to use shitty Fodder Pirates for exp before....going from 3-4k Pirates to potentially +80k Elder Pirates was a big jump.

bjork

Yeah same here....the first turtle times were such a revelation for us so we tried to attempt evry one no matter how bad the times were xD Cant blame us considering we were used to use shitty Fodder Pirates for exp before....going from 3-4k Pirates to potentially +80k Elder Pirates was a big jump.

For sure. I remember showing my supervisor my box with all the turtles and he was like, "I have no idea what you're showing me. Is this good?" and I was like, "oh yeah, my dudes are gonna be so strong now." Like level 60 or something, haha.

StMeph

That's just it though. The initial batches (Ace, Shanks) were no good. None of those are actually good characters. The first batch was Baroque Works, which was also really weak, outside of Nico Robin, who's still more of a support piece than a foundational starter.

It doesn't matter if you're F2P or willing to pay some money for gems. The best start in this game is with a 6* Sugo-exclusive. So if you start with Rayleigh, Whitebeard, Boa, Sengoku, or the upcoming Strong World 6*, you're better off with that as your core BEFORE any other rolls. The content's still there. The only thing missing are bonus gems, which, even if you throw away the equivalent of 400 gems as gifts from daily logins and other bonuses, would still be worth exchanging for a start with a 6* unit. If you're botting the reroll process, you could feasibly have TWO 6*, which is insane.

There's no way you can argue about there being too much content or behind the curve when there are people who jump into the JP version specifically for it having more stuff/more to do/more to pull.

Remember that the entire model for this style of gacha game is that we're all extremely impatient. For drops, for XP, for anything. If you break this one rule and wait, you come out tremendously ahead.

cw_sasuke

Well StMeph I have to disagree there... Ace and Shanks are still good units, just because they aren't the UBER units of the game doesn't mean they are worthless. Shanks is still a solid PSY Captain and one of the few good PSY Slasher we have. Unless you got lucky and have Boa Ace is still a good QCK Captain and will be very useful in the upcoming Fortnight after Persona.

There is more to the game than just getting a 6* I would never give up my units, experience and and skill ups just so I can restart the game with a 6* unit. I rather have a bunch of very solid units that will be even more useful of I can pull a 6* down the line. Especially in this game the farmables Raid Bosses are among the best units in the game so you will want to farm them as soon as possible... You can get your hands on Mihawk with a f2p G2 Luffy or Laboon team.

Missing out on a bunch of Raid Bosses and Events would be more of an issue for me. I wanna play the content when it's new and most other Gaffers are tackling it as well. Discussing and preparing with for new content in a Community, sharing and comparing results during skill up events etc. is all part of the Charme.

You can't "finish" these type of games so there will always be new content and better units upcoming... No matter which units you pull, at some point there will be even better units for the future so it doesn't make much sense to wait because the game won't stop evolving.

Then again I'm a big OP fan to begin with so maybe I'm easier to please but I really don't see what I would gain from starting the game a couple months after launch.
For sure. I remember showing my supervisor my box with all the turtles and he was like, "I have no idea what you're showing me. Is this good?" and I was like, "oh yeah, my dudes are gonna be so strong now." Like level 60 or something, haha.

Hehe.... Man I remember loosing my mind when I saw Chronos Ace at around level 60 or so in my Friendlist.. That was such a mayor achievement back then xD

Top Bottom