• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Jayhawk

Finally got my second Croc. Will now farm Perona to get perhaps to 30 Peronas. Next week I try for Mr. 2 :/.

Mr. 2 will make a rare appearance in the event isle 2+ weeks from now, so you are better off waiting a bit unless you absolutely need Mr. 2 now. The rare appearance characters in event isles are guaranteed drops now I think, should they appear. Like, I don't think Dog Penguin failed to drop during all the times he showed up for me in 30-stamina.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Mr. 2 will make a rare appearance in the event isle 2+ weeks from now, so you are better off waiting a bit unless you absolutely need Mr. 2 now. The rare appearance characters in event isles are guaranteed drops now I think, should they appear. Like, I don't think Dog Penguin failed to drop during all the times he showed up for me in 30-stamina.
The droprate of 2 is actually abysmal on that event isle; Nami is the actual equivalent iirc.

Hana-Bi

Wow, Perona is brutal to me. Used 51 Peronas for only 4 skill ups...

I now have 25 Peronas for my llast 5 skill ups. Hopefully this will ne enough for a skill up ebent...

ElChado

Neo Member

Mr. 2 actually appears EVERY run unless kimono nami spawns on it, and the drop rate is really low, but i dont know if it's lower than story mode drop chance.

Kimono nami is also a bit rare at 9% appearance according to gamewith, so bit more common than whitebeard books were in a way, the only hidden boss more rare than kimono nami is ryuuma during brooks with a 6% appearance rate.

RedBoot

Kimono nami is also a bit rare at 9% appearance according to gamewith, so bit more common than whitebeard books were in a way, the only hidden boss more rare than kimono nami is ryuuma during brooks with a 6% appearance rate.

Rarer than Cindry? That's going to be rough.

Ryuuma's a must-get, too. Best F2P PSY slasher until T-Bone comes around.

chrono01

I'm not using any more gems re-filling stamina for Perona. I'll be able to run once more, then rank up, and another three times before she leaves. I don't mind using gems to farm raid bosses, since they're a sure drop, but I'm on like...the sixth Perona in a row without her dropping. I want to farm more of her [I think I'm at 35 copies] but not like this.

I'll skill her up as much as I can when the 2x event starts [it'll be a while, probably :/] and then run it some more when she returns in a few months. It's not ideal, but it just feels like a waste when a copy of her doesn't drop. Sure I'm getting turtles/pigs, but it still feels like that Rainbow Gem could have been used towards Zephyr or something.

Kumo

Darn, looks like I won't be able to max Kumacy. :/ He's at skill level 19. His last 20 copies didn't even give one skill up. -_-

Maxed out Yosaku (lol) and Dogpen. I'm also sitting on 57 copies of Perona so I think I should be good.

Kyou

well probably over a hundred runs and several gems on the last day later, I never encountered Dogpen a single time.

Get fuuuuuuuucked, Dogpen books

Jayhawk

The droprate of 2 is actually abysmal on that event isle; Nami is the actual equivalent iirc.

Mr. 2 actually appears EVERY run unless kimono nami spawns on it, and the drop rate is really low, but i dont know if it's lower than story mode drop chance.

Thanks for the correction!

I put my Boa up as friend captain for your Absaloms to peep at.

Kyou

No joke, I ran into him at least six times today farming 30-stamina. I'm sorry. :/

It's seriously at the point where I just assume my game was glitched, even if that doesn't make sense.

So this new event, I take it Towel Nami isnt going to drop but what are the characters? Just Absalom, Jigoro and zombie?

edit: And at least if I had to miss out on an event character, it was a crummy one.

chrono01

It's seriously at the point where I just assume my game was glitched, even if that doesn't make sense.

So this new event, I take it Towel Nami isnt going to drop but what are the characters? Just Absalom, Jigoro and zombie?
Yeah, Towel Nami doesn't drop, haha. All of the other characters do, though.

Heng

Fuck this blind status.
Yeah it's a bit weird but it's really easy once you know what to look for. I personally look at the numbers that each hit does to time my perfects. For example Killer has a 4 hit combo so I look at his damage and once it changes 4 times, I hit it as fast as I can. Other characters have 6 or 7 combo which makes it really tricky. All the characters I'm using has 5 or less combo so it all works out for me.

Btw I have Killer (68), Jozu (95), and Capone (47). I can leave a certain character up if you guys need a specific captain.

Edit: These Bon Clay books are taunting me T_T

RalchAC

Yeah it's a bit weird but it's really easy once you know what to look for. I personally look at the numbers that each hit does to time my perfects. For example Killer has a 4 hit combo so I look at his damage and once it changes 4 times, I hit it as fast as I can. Other characters have 6 or 7 combo which makes it really tricky. All the characters I'm using has 5 or less combo so it all works out for me.

Btw I have Killer (68), Jozu (95), and Capone (47). I can leave a certain character up if you guys need a specific captain.

Edit: These Bon Clay books are taunting me T_T

I'm using 2x Ace, Killer, Kaku, Hina, Baroque Million. I've beaten 30 stamina island with zero problems. I've been using most of those character for so long that it isn't that hard to play blind for me. Plus I'm enjoying their animations more now than I don't have the characters in the screen.

Easy fortnight, probably because it was kind of a tutorial for the blind status. Thankfully there is other stuff I could do if I get bored of it after a few days :)

I've got 2 Killer books in 2 30 stamina runs :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So all in all i got Perona to a 17 CD which is fine considering for the last 1 1/2 days i only got chest drops from her, felt like the drop switch got turned off xD
From what i remember getting her to CD 17 is essential for most Quests so i should be good even without max skill - i plan to max skill her when the Fortnight comes back and hopefully we will have the Update with passive Skills by then...so i should be able to both at one.

I will wait for 0.5 stamina before doing Jaya. Like I've done since Whiskey Peak.

Do we know if they give us 5 gems after completing the island?

Same here...will wait for 1/2 stamina, no need to rush it.
I hate this blind condition.first time I failed a 15 stamina level sigh.

You will or should get used to it. Im a fan on OPTC introducing new mechanics during Fortnights, otherwise this would be just another boring 2 Week farming period.

To be fair have a quite solid QCK team so even if mess up a bit its still an easy clear on 30 stamina...without the standard QCK leaders/subs it might be a bit tougher...so maybe you are right to be pissed about it.

I play without Sound but i imagine it could help for this Fortnight to hit perfects.

daydream

Banned
so, is usopp the only guy that i shouldn't evolve to his last form?

also, man, i tried really hard last night but i couldn't catch perona before the event ended :c

so, is usopp the only guy that i shouldn't evolve to his last form?

also, man, i tried really hard last night but i couldn't catch perona before the event ended :c
Keep Mirage Tempo Nami as well. Her final form (Thunderbolt Tempo) isn't all that good, and Mirage's 100% INT damage block is a very useful skill.

Majukun

absalom is really easy

double jozu,lucci,kaku,hina and blue billion guy

stall till you have hina,kaku and baroque works guy ready..first round attack..second round turn tnd slots in blue,use kaku,than lock with hina

no if you do even a mediocre job with the perfects given the blind status,you still win in 2 turns

by the way..results o the perona run

kumacy skill lv 19
dog penguin max
perona waiting for 2 skillup.,.42 in stock

bjork

I maxed Perona's skill with maybe 40 dupes fed to her, but I feel like it was less than that. Stayed up a little late to get it done, and then couldn't sleep before work. Guess I hit a second wind or something, heh.

Ran the Absalom tiers at work, and haven't tried Jaya yet. Maybe after a nap, I feel like a corpse.

Question, because I am super paranoid:

I've cracked my S6 Edge screen, so I'm sending it in for repairs tomorrow. I've already issued a password and sent it to my e-mail, so I'm good there. My question is: I shouldn't have any problems importing my save into AndroidX, right? I still want to be able to do stuff until I get my phone back, but I don't want to risk something happening to my account.

I'm 99% sure it's fine, but just thought I would check.

i think i've only used her skill once so far but i'll take your word for it :p thanks!

While she's extremely helpful for an upcoming raid boss, you probably won't be high enough level to run him anyway. We should be getting Kimono Nami in a few weeks, who is basically a better version in (almost) every way, so don't worry about it too much. Keep her around, but I wouldn't invest much into her.

RalchAC

Man, Killer books drop like candy. 6 so far. Sadly, I don't think I'll have space for 40... unless I farm some evo mats (not turtles) during the 2x Drop. There is a Alvida Hideout stage (3 I think) that drops Seaponies quite reliable, so I'll run that place to get rid of my green pigs.

Question, because I am super paranoid:

I've cracked my S6 Edge screen, so I'm sending it in for repairs tomorrow. I've already issued a password and sent it to my e-mail, so I'm good there. My question is: I shouldn't have any problems importing my save into AndroidX, right? I still want to be able to do stuff until I get my phone back, but I don't want to risk something happening to my account.

I'm 99% sure it's fine, but just thought I would check.

Bamco doesn't oficially support emulators and if you talk to them for some reason they wouldn't recommend you to use them.

But it shouldn't be a problem. In the worst case, if you lose your account while you're on Android and you want to recover it manually (contacting them), they'll tell you they won't adress further problems (like if you lose your account again) unless you change to a supported device.

Kaku+Hina+Polearm Billions special combo wrecks Absalom, especially with Boa's ATK as last hit

I don't even need Hina. I usually arrive at Absalom with 3 or more matched orbs, so I can kill him in the first two turns.

RedBoot

I don't even need Hina. I usually arrive at Absalom with 3 or more matched orbs, so I can kill him in the first two turns.

Yeah, it's nice that he doesn't wreck your orbs initially like Perona (although the auto target on wave 9 seems to be designed specifically to avoid any optimal path, meaning I've had to use more hits than planned).

I haven't been using Hina, going with Ace/Ace/Killer/Kaku/PolearmBillions/Usopp. My Hina's cooldown isn't really low enough anyway, I can usually only stall around 17-18 turns. Even Usopp is kind of unnecessary, I'll probably swap him for Lucci just to speed things up even more.

No Absalom drops yet (or Jigoro), but plenty of General Zombie and some Killer books. Splitting my stamina between this and Jaya, so I won't get farming in earnest for a few days.

Dandte

How many Peronas did it take? I fused 15 for 1 skill up, then proceeded to farm 50 for the double skill up event.
13 for the first skill up and 40 for the rest. had 3 double skill ups with the last 15.

I maxed Dog, level and skill-wise. Kumacy wasn't worth the beli, and I have 35 Perona's ready to be fed.
I wasted so much beli >.<
Man, Killer books drop like candy. 6 so far. Sadly, I don't think I'll have space for 40...

Not for me, but i get minimum two green zombie books per run >.<

MiTYH

Double Killer is really the way to go with Absalom. Brought a full QCK team and GP Usopp, which I used for the final fight. Beat 30-stamina my first try.

Got General Zombie on the 15-stamina. No Absalom, but I'm working through the Jaya update first. Gotta get me my gems

EDIT: Also, RIP new box space. There are a lot of book drops I want here. Mostly Killer and Diable Sanji, but Mr. 2 can't hurt either

While she's extremely helpful for an upcoming raid boss, you probably won't be high enough level to run him anyway. We should be getting Kimono Nami in a few weeks, who is basically a better version in (almost) every way, so don't worry about it too much. Keep her around, but I wouldn't invest much into her.

I forgot that the Kimono Strawhats fortnight was so close. Kimono Nami (KN) is certainly superior stat wise to Mirage Tempo Nami (MTN), with KN able to hit lvl 99, while MTN can only go to lvl 50. However, KN needs some skill ups before her skill is as useful (MTN is 15 turns default vs KN's 20 turns default) and she her cooldown doesn't go as low (MTN is 8 max vs KN's 10 max). The trade off is that KN's skill also heals, so I think it's definitely better in the long run.

Tidd

With my slasher team I have no problems hitting perfects. :D But the fortnight doesn't appeal to me. Only reason why I run this is the pirate exp. Need to hit level 201 asap. Thank god we get Rayleighs training island, which is like 3 free levels.
At least the next fortnight has great books (Law, Mr.3)

koryuken

absalom is really easy

double jozu,lucci,kaku,hina and blue billion guy

stall till you have hina,kaku and baroque works guy ready..first round attack..second round turn tnd slots in blue,use kaku,than lock with hina

no if you do even a mediocre job with the perfects given the blind status,you still win in 2 turns

by the way..results o the perona run

kumacy skill lv 19
dog penguin max
perona waiting for 2 skillup.,.42 in stock

He is super easy with any team since he can be turn delayed. Just use Golden Pound and you have four turns to kill him. Should be a joke for basically any team with blue units.

I forgot that the Kimono Strawhats fortnight was so close. Kimono Nami (KN) is certainly superior stat wise to Mirage Tempo Nami (MTN), with KN able to hit lvl 99, while MTN can only go to lvl 50. However, KN needs some skill ups before her skill is as useful (MTN is 15 turns default vs KN's 20 turns default) and she her cooldown doesn't go as low (MTN is 8 max vs KN's 10 max). The trade off is that KN's skill also heals, so I think it's definitely better in the long run.

Hey, I said "(almost) every way"! =P

Kyou

Got Zombie and Absalom, hopefully my bad luck with the random encounter doesn't happen again. Hoping I can get Jigoro soon and then not really worry about this fortnight much.

RedBoot

People keep calling Zoro "Zolo" in Jaya's story scenes. :( I thought we were past that era.

I like the character art for Robin (although the shading on her is off compared to the other Straw Hats). I miss her old appearance, I feel like her post-timeskip face is a little too generic.

koryuken

People keep calling Zoro "Zolo" in Jaya's story scenes. :( I thought we were past that era.

I like the character art for Robin (although the shading on her is off compared to the other Straw Hats). I miss her old appearance, I feel like her post-timeskip face is a little too generic.

There are a ton of typos in the cutscenes. Some really blatant misspellings.

Kyou

There are a ton of typos in the cutscenes. Some really blatant misspellings.

The localization took a big hit lately

JNZNqy9.png

What?

bjork

Got Zombie and Absalom, hopefully my bad luck with the random encounter doesn't happen again. Hoping I can get Jigoro soon and then not really worry about this fortnight much.

Are those the three drops? Zombie/Jigoro/Absalom?

I'm about to start chugging away at it, so hopefully I see Jigoro quickly. I think I got a book for him already, if it's the same dude.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The art is way better.

koryuken

It killed me when I read Ace saying: "I felt sleep"

I don't really mind it. If I want to enjoy One Piece I'd watch or read it. The gameplay is king here :)

Same here... I find myself watching a few lines of dialogue and then skipping most "custscenes".

The art is way better.

Ahhh, the art. If by "art" you mean DATASS, then yes :) I am personally a fan of the SW Nami (unevolved) "art". If i get her, she will stay unevolved for the "art".

Top Bottom