• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

chrono01

Yeah, it was exciting starting back then when everyone else was re-rolling. My Ace still isn't Level 99 yet, but he will be soon! So much XP...

I also have to agree with cw_sasuke about it being better starting out with everyone else. For one, if you create your account later you won't be on the "bleeding edge" of content, since the newer Fortnight Island/Event Bosses usually requires characters from earlier content. Yes, they do return, but having them leveled/skilled up now, safeguards against you not being able to use them for future events. The second, and most important reason for starting as soon as you can, is to experience the new content along with other people. Talking about strategies/team compositions/etc. is always more interesting when it's the first time around and not the second/third/etc. repeat.

While getting a 6* as your starting pull is nice, I wouldn't trade the memories of the release for anything.

koryuken

86zVAwm.jpg

He dont want to join my crew :(

IMO no point to farm Laboon since you won't need a zombie team to clear the bosses.

koryuken

Whoa. You're right. I blame my sources.
In this guide http://optc-guide.com/characters/character-pages/rob-lucci-cp9/ they wrote that you must've above 15% to get 2,75 - which is obviously OP compared to many other units. Heck, i would've used this lucci rather than Boa if i could, cause you can add multicoloured fighters. Below 30% makes it meh again.

I dunno, I think his captain skill is better than Boa. It is very hard to stall on raid bosses when you have to keep your hp above 70%. If you don't get meat (RNG), you've lost. Lucci let's you stall, run a rainbow team (also better than boa), and gives you the same damage bonus.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I liked being there at release, but I'm sad to admit that starting with a strong 6* has really greased the wheels, and made the experience more enjoyable. I'm dropping Expert Fortnights, and halfway through Enies Lobby Pt. 2, and it would have been impossible without Sabo and a steady stream of Sabo friend captains.

That said, not all 6* characters are created equal as a starting unit. 6* Luffy and Rayleigh are the best, of course, probably followed by Sengoku, Sabo, and Croc, then Mihawk, SW Shanks, and so on. However, using someone like SW Ace can be difficult due to a lack of easily-acquired F2P units, and I've heard constantly trying to slip into sub-30% HP with Whitebeard is a chore. Boa's great, until you start getting smacked around by preemptive attacks.

There are also some 5* units that are really strong starters, like Kid and Jinbe, and especially new Ivankov. A Kid/Ivankov start is vastly superior to SW Ace. Then there's G3, of course.

Shanks and Ace really aren't that good under the current framework, much less JP 4.0. Ace ends up being the better of the two, because PSY has a ton of good Captain options, 2.5x QCK is still decent, and his HP isn't sad like Shanks. Still, I have a gut feeling that Bamco's going to give them a third-tier evolution one of these days, like Biker Smoker.

For the record, I started with Shanks/Arlong, and it was easy mode at launch. Shanks was a beast in those early fortnights, and Arlong allowed me to farm Kuro to get GP Usopp to 11 turns.

bjork

There is more to the game than just getting a 6* I would never give up my units, experience and and skill ups just so I can restart the game with a 6* unit. I rather have a bunch of very solid units that will be even more useful of I can pull a 6* down the line. Especially in this game the farmables Raid Bosses are among the best units in the game so you will want to farm them as soon as possible... You can get your hands on Mihawk with a f2p G2 Luffy or Laboon team.

I'm on board with this, even having done a ton of pulls in hopes of filling the character log. I saw a commercial for this game somewhere briefly before its release, and it was cool to be there at the get go.

I can see the appeal of waiting for a 6* if you're coming in late, because why not stack the odds in your favor a little. But the notion of dropping my account after all that time, no way. Only when the servers die out or the content dries up, if/when that happens.

Jayhawk

I have too because he is the only fighting chance i have right now when zephyr come or some of the raid boss come back , but hey got him to drop on non 2x drop rate

You were better off spending your stamina on Mondays for Turtle Time. Your top priority should be to increase your pirate level and the levels of your guys, so that you can beat the 30-stamina version of event isles since they give the best pirate exp per stamina. You can wait to fight Zephyr and other raid bosses the next time they come around because you're so new.

EDIT: With regards to Laboon team setups specifically for Zephyr, you're going to need to be able to stall for the specials of GP Usopp, Helmeppo v2, or Jailer Morgan to deal with the locking that takes place.

pogi001

Neo Member
You were better off spending your stamina on Mondays for Turtle Time. Your top priority should be to increase your pirate level and the levels of your guys, so that you can beat the 30-stamina version of event isles since they give the best pirate exp per stamina. You can wait to fight Zephyr and other raid bosses the next time they come around because you're so new.

EDIT: With regards to Laboon team setups specifically for Zephyr, you're going to need to be able to stall for the specials of GP Usopp, Helmeppo v2, or Jailer Morgan to deal with the locking that takes place.

Yeh done with my turtle time. I am low lvl so i can only do at least two turtle time and i dont wanna use gem for it because its not worth it. I farm laboon in between turtle time just to maximize my stamina usage. :)

bjork

It took me so long to get Laboon. Then I wanted a second one so I could evolve one, man. I didn't farm for weeks like some people have for things, but probably 100ish runs total and that's just nuts.

Yeh done with my turtle time. I am low lvl so i can only do at least two turtle time and i dont wanna use gem for it because its not worth it. I farm laboon in between turtle time just to maximize my stamina usage. :)

Having Laboon is a good thing, so don't worry about it. Being able to grab Mihawk, Garp, and Monster Chopper when they come back is pretty good, especially starting out.

Unfortunately, you most likely won't be able to take out Zephyr. You can check out my guide for my info, but the way the rest of Zephyr's level is structured makes it extremely difficult for zombie teams to finish.

www.onepiecestrategy.com

pogi001

Neo Member
It took me so long to get Laboon. Then I wanted a second one so I could evolve one, man. I didn't farm for weeks like some people have for things, but probably 100ish runs total and that's just nuts.

Oh wow luckily for me it only took me probably 20 -25 runs including yesterday run. He didnt drop on double drop but he drop on double pirate exp lol

pogi001

Neo Member
Having Laboon is a good thing, so don't worry about it. Being able to grab Mihawk, Garp, and Monster Chopper when they come back is pretty good, especially starting out.

Unfortunately, you most likely won't be able to take out Zephyr. You can check out my guide for my info, but the way the rest of Zephyr's level is structured makes it extremely difficult for zombie teams to finish.

www.onepiecestrategy.com

Yes for zephyr its gonna be a little tough but hopefully by the time he comes in i will be ready for it since they will announce it like 2-3 weeks ahead of time when he is coming out.
Also if anyone have 5 star vivi that like to help me out , so when garp mihawk and mc come back i will have the chance to grab them ty in advance my id is 248 838 351

bjork

Yes for zephyr its gonna be a little tough but hopefully by the time he comes in i will be ready for it since they will announce it like 2-3 weeks ahead of time when he is coming out.
Also if anyone have 5 star vivi that like to help me out , so when garp mihawk and mc come back i will have the chance to grab them ty in advance my id is 248 838 351

I've got a maxed one, I'll send you an add.

koryuken

I agree. You will probably need to gem a lot just to get to Zephyr with a Laboon team. Not worth it IMO.

Hisoka

I dunno, I think his captain skill is better than Boa. It is very hard to stall on raid bosses when you have to keep your hp above 70%. If you don't get meat (RNG), you've lost. Lucci let's you stall, run a rainbow team (also better than boa), and gives you the same damage bonus.

Yeah, this Lucci is a little Shirohige already. Not the same strength boost, limited to fighters and by far not the same skill, but the same pattern.
Simply the best unit for free in storymode so far.

I would've prefered the >15% instead of <30%, this site got it wrong.
In colorfixed teams, i would still prefer boa. (hell she even boosts God Usopp xD)

RalchAC

So next event seems to be Rayleigh special training. The event has his island, more extra gifts during the event (which aren't that good tbh), 2x Drop everywhere (which is really good) and a Super Success double rate.

Since the Super Success / Skill up events usually start in the second half of the event, we will probably get one in the last week of October.

And we will probably get Zephyr during that event too. Garp and 2nd Mihawk both were during a skill up event. We will see.

I don't know their internal data, but I feel that they probably thought most players weren't on track to do a 60 stamina raid boss. The last few events focused in trying to help players to catch up a little bit (old raidbosses, a lot of turtles and now 2x Drop everywhere and an island that should boost p-lvl quite a bit).

What do you think?

pogi001

Neo Member
So next event seems to be Rayleigh special training. The event has his island, more extra gifts during the event (which aren't that good tbh), 2x Drop everywhere (which is really good) and a Super Success double rate.

Since the Super Success / Skill up events usually start in the second half of the event, we will probably get one in the last week of October.

And we will probably get Zephyr during that event too. Garp and 2nd Mihawk both were during a skill up event. We will see.

I don't know their internal data, but I feel that they probably thought most players weren't on track to do a 60 stamina raid boss. The last few events focused in trying to help players to catch up a little bit (old raidbosses, a lot of turtles and now 2x Drop everywhere and an island that should boost p-lvl quite a bit).

What do you think?

I am one of the player who is not on track so this will help me this reyleigh training hahahah

Jayhawk

Farmed a lot of 30-stamina Perona tonight to fill up on potential skill ups... and she is barely dropping for me now. One more hour of Perona farming before I am done tonight.

Majukun

42 perona for me atm... do you think it will be enough?
for now I need to farm some sea ponies and do a couple. runs of the pig island to slim up. my inventory from some baby turtles

42 perona for me atm... do you think it will be enough?
for now I need to farm some sea ponies and do a couple. runs of the pig island to slim up. my inventory from some baby turtles

Right now I have 43 Peronas myself and ideally I'd like to hit 50 just to be safe. People estimate the double skill-up rate events to be about a 25% success rate. Perona has 9 skill levels, going from 23 to 14 so theoretically 50 Peronas would give you about 12-13 potential skill ups so long as RNG doesn't deicde to be uncharacteristically cruel. I'd prefer to err on the side of caution seeings how useful her skill is, coupled by the fact that I would love to never have to do this event isle again.

Box space is starting to become an issue again but this is primarily due to the fact that I have 9 green pigs and 18 small green turtles with no evo material I need to evolve them. I very well may decide to farm her tomorrow and use the extra stamina to farm sea ponies to free up some space.

Majukun

Right now I have 43 Peronas myself and ideally I'd like to hit 50 just to be safe. People estimate the double skill-up rate events to be about a 25% success rate. Perona has 9 skill levels, going from 23 to 14 so theoretically 50 Peronas would give you about 12-13 potential skill ups so long as RNG doesn't deicde to be uncharacteristically cruel. I'd prefer to err on the side of caution seeings how useful her skill is, coupled by the fact that I would love to never have to do this event isle again.

Box space is starting to become an issue again but this is primarily due to the fact that I have 9 green pigs and 18 small green turtles with no evo material I need to evolve them. I very well may decide to farm her tomorrow and use the extra stamina to farm sea ponies to free up some space.
Same here.. I'll get some sea ponies and then run a couple pig stages to get rid of all the blue, green and yellow baby turtles.. so that I have at least a bit of space for the upcoming wave of characters and skillbooks..

RalchAC

Same here.. I'll get some sea ponies and then run a couple pig stages to get rid of all the blue, green and yellow baby turtles.. so that I have at least a bit of space for the upcoming wave of characters and skillbooks..

I need 4500 exp to level up. So I'll farm a bunch of Seaponis too so I can get rid of my green pigs, since we won't get mats for them on fortnights anytime soon.

Next Fortnight should have Red and Blue pigs, turtles and mats. So you should focus on getting rid of the DEX, PSY and INT stuff first :)

Heng

What do you think?
That's pretty interesting. I personally think he'll be coming soon since majority of us spent most of our gems already. Based on how the events panned out, I'd say most of us are low on gem. This may cause some of us to buy more gem once Z raids hit. Who knows what Bamco is thinking at this point.

Honestly Z doesn't really fit into any of my team atm and I really don't have that many great shooter units. The only reason I want him out ASAP is so the next raid can come soon. I know how good he is but by the time I'd need him, he should have made multiple appearance by then (I hope).

Guess I gotta clear all these unevolved pigs. :/
Damn that sucks...

What kind of teams have people been using for mihawk 0 stamina? Or what teams would you all recomend?

I have most units atm but can't seem to beat it and i have about 200 cola to use aswell

Majukun

What kind of teams have people been using for mihawk 0 stamina? Or what teams would you all recomend?

I have most units atm but can't seem to beat it and i have about 200 cola to use aswell
mostly 2 g3 luffy teams... but there's also a double. mihawk one

mine was

2 g3 luffy, Alvida, Arlong, gp usopp and mihawk

usually the big difference is using the right skill at the right moment juggling charge times accurately

RalchAC

That's pretty interesting. I personally think he'll be coming soon since majority of us spent most of our gems already. Based on how the events panned out, I'd say most of us are low on gem. This may cause some of us to buy more gem once Z raids hit. Who knows what Bamco is thinking at this point.

Honestly Z doesn't really fit into any of my team atm and I really don't have that many great shooter units. The only reason I want him out ASAP is so the next raid can come soon. I know how good he is but by the time I'd need him, he should have made multiple appearance by then (I hope).

Damn that sucks...

A while ago I wanted to farm Zephyr because I didn't have a proper team for beating Garp. Now I don't feel that urge.

So I'm not going to hardgem him. By the time he launches I should have 110-115 stamina imo. So I'd 2 runs, wait for 40, gem, repeat. That should limit my runs and spend usage quite a bit.

I used

Mihawk / Mihawk
Arlong / Mr3
Helmeppo / Golden Pound Ussop

ElChado

Neo Member
i remeber i even stoned twice to farm Pirate Penguins when they were new. Needed 4 of them for DJ Sanji, Ace, G2 Luffy and Asura Zoro....

Back then i saw how annoying it was to farm for the pirate penguin so i opted to evolve the route that didnt use one, but required more experience.

dammit... i hoped we would get a skill up event... now my storage is full for at least a month....

I'm sticking with the prediction of october 13th skill rate up that was estimated based on a track record of one every 7 weeks.

I'm also crazy hopeful they decide to release zephyr AND ivankov really close to each other. ivankov fits halloween theme really well.

bjork

iirc

G3/G3
Alvida/Mihawk
GP Usopp/V2 Helmeppo

I was trying it without Helmeppo and kept getting stopped around Smoker because of the lock, but now I wonder if Perona is a better alternative to Alvida.

Majukun

iirc

G3/G3
Alvida/Mihawk
GP Usopp/V2 Helmeppo

I was trying it without Helmeppo and kept getting stopped around Smoker because of the lock, but now I wonder if Perona is a better alternative to Alvida.

she is if you don't mind trading her skill for less power

also,everyone probably has a better charge time on alvida than perona atm,waiting for the 2x skillup

RalchAC

Back then i saw how annoying it was to farm for the pirate penguin so i opted to evolve the route that didnt use one, but required more experience.

I'm sticking with the prediction of october 13th skill rate up that was estimated based on a track record of one every 7 weeks.

I'm also crazy hopeful they decide to release zephyr AND ivankov really close to each other. ivankov fits halloween theme really well.

Im hoping that they do the Oars event for Halloween. It should be a community based event like the Frieza thing and should give some quite decent books like Golden Pound, Alvida, Killer or Rayleigh.

It was last year in Japan.

bjork

Gonna use a couple gems to run some more Peronas today. I have 0 stored, but she's at level 6 now. So only 3 more to go, I think I can make it if she stops dropping money bags.

RedBoot

I'm sitting at 45 Peronas, the bare minimum. I'll try and see if I can get 5 more tonight. The nice thing is that I never spent any extra gems on farming, just got by with natural stamina and levelups/snail meats. Also maxed (both level and skill) Kumacy and Dogpen.

Now, to decide on the next two weeks. Do I use the double drop rate time to get some story characters, or do I farm Absalom for Killer books? I'll have to see what kind of drop rate Killer's books have.

bjork

I'm sitting at 45 Peronas, the bare minimum. I'll try and see if I can get 5 more tonight. The nice thing is that I never spent any extra gems on farming, just got by with natural stamina and levelups/snail meats. Also maxed (both level and skill) Kumacy and Dogpen.

Now, to decide on the next two weeks. Do I use the double drop rate time to get some story characters, or do I farm Absalom for Killer books? I'll have to see what kind of drop rate Killer's books have.

I'll farm the characters from Absalom, and then finally get to going back to farming story characters.

Perona is at 7 currently, I have about 2h to grind a few more copies out before bed. If I don't get it, 17 is an okay cooldown and I can pull the rest I need next time she rolls in.

Jayhawk

Maxed skills on Kumacy and Dog Penguin. I even started skilling up the Baroque Works fodder. Polearm dude for Absalom event isle!

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

Not that I play this game anymore, but expect the Supernova skillbooks to have the same drop rate all across the board. So pending on your luck probably like 28-35%. Absalom is kind of a sleeper fortnight, as in, you could probably sleep on this fortnight. It has two zombie characters that really aren't worthwhile outside of the character log, even Absalom himself... isn't that fantastic. Two turn 50% damage reduction with better recovery rate special, that maxes from 23 to 14? That's what units like Perona and Alvida are for long-term. If you can manage to grind out more Perona copies, I would aim for 60 if you haven't achieved a single special level up yet are planning to hold until the SPLV rate up.

But that's just my opinion on this fortnight, from an OPTC retiree.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Killer maxes from 35 to 25. So again even there, how useful is that nuke really? 25 turns is a lot of stalling for any stage/level, especially with how the game is designed to be played quick yet grindy.

RedBoot

Not that I play this game anymore, but expect the Supernova skillbooks to have the same drop rate all across the board. So pending on your luck probably like 28-35%. Absalom is kind of a sleeper fortnight, as in, you could probably sleep on this fortnight. It has two zombie characters that really aren't worthwhile outside of the character log, even Absalom himself... isn't that fantastic. Two turn 50% damage reduction with better recovery rate special, that maxes from 23 to 14? That's what units like Perona and Alvida are for long-term. If you can manage to grind out more Perona copies, I would aim for 60 if you haven't achieved a single special level up yet are planning to hold until the SPLV rate up.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Killer maxes from 35 to 25. So again even there, how useful is that nuke really? 25 turns is a lot of stalling for any stage/level, especially with how the game is designed to be played quick yet grindy.

The one thing I will give Absalom is that he's got decent stats, and if you don't have another STR Shooter, he's probably worth the attention. But then, I have Kuma, so eh. Jigoro and Shogun/General Zombie are pretty useless, I agree.

So the main appeal for me is the Killer books. 25 would make his skill potentially usable, as opposed to never usable at 35. But really, the issue with Killer is not knowing when(if) Global will get Rebecca, since the two of them work well together. I suspect they'll sneak her into a sugofest batch somewhere (since that's what they did with Kid Sabo), but it hasn't happened yet.

RalchAC

With 2x Enel I should be able to stall a bit more. Plus 25 turns might be doable in a raid boss.

Still, I'm going to focus on getting Mr.1. I need him for Doffy

The one thing I will give Absalom is that he's got decent stats, and if you don't have another STR Shooter, he's probably worth the attention. But then, I have Kuma, so eh. Jigoro and Shogun/General Zombie are pretty useless, I agree.

So the main appeal for me is the Killer books. 25 would make his skill potentially usable, as opposed to never usable at 35. But really, the issue with Killer is not knowing when(if) Global will get Rebecca, since the two of them work well together. I suspect they'll sneak her into a sugofest batch somewhere (since that's what they did with Kid Sabo), but it hasn't happened yet.

What if he is a 2 week character like the Devil Brats and they release her along Doffy?

chrono01

Man, I didn't want to use gems to refill my stamina for Perona, but she's just not dropping for me. I'm only at 31 and it's all I've been doing since she was released, outside of Turtle Times. :/

koryuken

I agree, 25 turns is absolutely useless in most scenarios. The only possible use is the last stage of princess turtle (since the nuke bypasses armor). Even then, its hard to stall for that long.

bzzt

Neo Member
I just got doublefinger during 2x drop. Already got Mr. 1 during WB skill book fest, and Croc a week or so ago. Don't feel like farming a second Croc at this time. All the free space Bandai gave is going to Perona and baby turtles, and again I'm hoping for a stealth box upgrade. Got about 40ish so far, hoping to get a couple more, and really hoping 2x skill ups isn't too far away.

ElChado

Neo Member
I agree, 25 turns is absolutely useless in most scenarios. The only possible use is the last stage of princess turtle (since the nuke bypasses armor). Even then, its hard to stall for that long.

The only time i watched killers special actually get used was when i watched blackbeard get farmed back when he first came out in japan around march, on a double jozu team, and only when blackbeard was under 50% but above 20% as a finishing burst attack.

Still my goal is to max him just in case.

koryuken

The only time i watched killers special actually get used was when i watched blackbeard get farmed back when he first came out in japan around march, on a double jozu team, and only when blackbeard was under 50% but above 20% as a finishing burst attack.

Still my goal is to max him just in case.

I'll save Killer books (I have killer), but I won't be farming it with the same intensity as Perona. For my box, this is one of the more useless fortnights thus far.

RedBoot

What if he is a 2 week character like the Devil Brats and they release her along Doffy?

I could see that. They might also include her into one of the other sets of random RR characters, like Bellmere and Kaya. Still, it would kind of suck if that were the case. Rebecca was a "guaranteed" unit in the Japanese version, assuming you were willing to buy the magazine or whatever included the code. Putting her behind the RNG in the Global version would be lame.

As for all the Killer feedback, yeah, even at 25 it might be a bit much. He's an odd unit. I haven't gotten much use out of his captain skill, and his regular skill might not be feasible. He's been most beneficial as just a purely high-statted QUI unit, which is still a rarity in Global. He might be at his best paired with Kid in a rainbow Striker team (which would be appropriate, I guess).

I'll probably still try to boost his skill as much as possible, but I won't focus as much as I did with Perona. Especially if his stage gimmick is as annoying as people say it is.

Top Bottom