• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Hisoka

Wondering...will any Gaffer actually "farm" Iva ? I always found her unit lackluster compared to other Raidbosses, does she have specific situations where she shines ? Getting a Raid Boss during a skill up event is cool in general though.

Im not going all out but I might spend around 5 gems or something like that. His CD is usable since the beginning and he isn't that good, as you said.

In any way, I've waited too long to not run the boss fight a couple of times!

Hmm..

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
:-D
Ive just tried a Mihawk team with:

Mihawk / Mihawk
Mr1 / Arlong
Mr3 / Usopp

All are >90 outside Mr3 and 1 who are at 70

Mr1 can help you tank Luffy's special. Mr3 can give you an extra turn on Chopper, Nami or Ussop. And Usopp for Franky.

Just a little piece of advice too. The red giant doesn't use the 20x ATK when he has low Hp. He attacks and deals 5k damage

Luffy special deals 9k damage.
Sounds good - are you staying with Mihawk or going back to Kid ? First time im able to try out my Strike/Kid Squad so i will keep him up for this event, he is way stronger than i thought with his active + Kaku.
Nah. I'm farming the Halloween straw hats though, lol.
That sounds like a solid plan - getting them all max skilled in addition to the useful skillbook drops. I will try to max skill Law this time as well.

Heng

Who do you guys bring in monster chopper group? I've tried running with double MC, WB, Blamenco, Kidd, and Arlong. It was a breeze until I got to Chopper and tried to not active his special, but he used his special around 60%.

The team I've found success using is double Mihawk, Arlong, Vista, Mr. 3, and GP Usopp.

Edit: Striker team works well too, maybe even better than my slasher team.

Majukun

damn it..of all the runs i had to mess upo..i had to mess up the one where i got usopp ò_ò
hope i'll get him again soon

Crap wait, I thought you were talking about G3. Zeenigami has a guide for 2x Mihawk and he flubs quite a bit and still makes it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR1tDqF6puM

Thanks for the video. That has me confident in using my Slasher team of 2x Max Skill Mihawk, Lucci, Croc, Arlong, Mr. 3. I have a maxed Coffin Boat and all of those characters are maxed except Lucci (who is 87) so I should have a ton of HP to tank a hit from Nami and power through Chopper. I can then delay Franky and go all out on everything else. The only thing that may trip me up is Usopp, as IDK his attack structure.

Majukun

Thanks for the video. That has me confident in using my Slasher team of 2x Max Skill Mihawk, Lucci, Croc, Arlong, Mr. 3. I have a maxed Coffin Boat and all of those characters are maxed except Lucci (who is 87) so I should have a ton of HP to tank a hit from Nami and power through Chopper. I can then delay Franky and go all out on everything else. The only thing that may trip me up is Usopp, as IDK his attack structure.

better to bring gp usopp and leave croco in the storage...usopp is really useful for franky,mr 3's delay is not enough usually
otherwise,as long as you don't screw up like i didi and accidentally bring nami or luffy under 25%,you are ok..espacially since you have a max boat ..mine is just lv 8

bjork

I think I'm just going to ditch the Chessmarimo books. Granted another dex orb changer is nice but having to farm Chess and Kuromarimo seems like a pain in the ass. I'd rather spend my stamina getting books I know I'll put to good use.

I can confirm this to be true. I'll have a Chessmarimo a few moments after Chess drops, but damn if he'll actually do it for me. I've had the money bag a few times, damn tease.

I like the halloween SHs, I'm glad we got this now. Think we'll get Brook after this as another spooky thing for the holiday?

Jayhawk

Beat the 30-stamina version with both a Mihawk slasher team and a double G3 team. Boa's an awesome sub in my G3 team. Her special heals me back up if I screw up, and her damage is great against Franky.

Beat the 30-stamina version with both a Mihawk slasher team and a double G3 team. Boa's an awesome sub in my G3 team. Her special heals me back up if I screw up, and her damage is great against Franky.
I'm so jealous of your Boa lol

And didn't read every post but Law's skill book dropped for me, trying to find a good lineup for this run but seems like Mihawk + Mihawk team should work out if I don't miss perfect against straw hats.

bjork

Got books for Law, Broggy, slasher Croc, but have none of those units. I don't think I'll hoard them. I might try to max special these SHs though.

RedBoot

I like the halloween SHs, I'm glad we got this now. Think we'll get Brook after this as another spooky thing for the holiday?

I think the expectation is that there will be a Halloween SHs Part 2, with the rest of the crew, so we'd probably get that, with Brook following.

I'm interested to see what follows Brook though. Candy-chan is Valentine's Day themed, so if they hold that til Feb, we could get Duck Squad sooner (which means more GP Usopp farming for everyone who got fed up with Kuro droprates).

This game still not being optimised for iOS9 is really screwing up my timing ;___; so many random slowdown in the run I get screwed over so much at Nami's section.

bjork

This game still not being optimised for iOS9 is really screwing up my timing ;___; so many random slowdown in the run I get screwed over so much at Nami's section.

Someone at BN is asleep at the wheel. This game isn't optimized, the Dragon Ball game loads like it's a C64 game, and Drift Spirits isn't updated for iOS9 either and has iffy loads as well. I guess it gives more time for stamina to refill, is the sole upside to it.

I wonder if we're ever going to get those DB/OP crossover events. I'd love to drop DB because I kinda hate the game, but I want to contribute if it means more rewards in OP.

RedBoot

I'm wondering if there's a bug with Nami's blind ability, actually. I noticed a ton of lag with it, both on sound and animation. There was none of that with the blind during Absalom. I don't know why one would be busted and the other wouldn't, though.

Either way, just more incentive to avoid letting Nami use that attack.

Majukun

I'm wondering if there's a bug with Nami's blind ability, actually. I noticed a ton of lag with it, both on sound and animation. There was none of that with the blind during Absalom. I don't know why one would be busted and the other wouldn't, though.

Either way, just more incentive to avoid letting Nami use that attack.

actually,is the entire stage that seems not adequately converted...way too much lag that i never experienced on my smartphone..probably because it was designed for a different verion fo the game

I don't see any slowdowns on my 6s+ running ios9. Game has been running like a dream.
I'm on 6 =/
Someone at BN is asleep at the wheel. This game isn't optimized, the Dragon Ball game loads like it's a C64 game, and Drift Spirits isn't updated for iOS9 either and has iffy loads as well. I guess it gives more time for stamina to refill, is the sole upside to it.

I wonder if we're ever going to get those DB/OP crossover events. I'd love to drop DB because I kinda hate the game, but I want to contribute if it means more rewards in OP.
Really hope they'll update it for ios9 soon.

RalchAC

actually,is the entire stage that seems not adequately converted...way too much lag that i never experienced on my smartphone..probably because it was designed for a different verion fo the game

Mmmmm... I've suffered Nami's blindness and I didn't noticed any real lag TBH

maybe it's an IOS thing?

I'm not able to save books, sadly. I'd like to, but I have like 270/300 used and I can't stand clearing my box every 2 runs, so I'm prioritising.

Majukun

Mmmmm... I've suffered Nami's blindness and I didn't noticed any real lag TBH

maybe it's an IOS thing?

I'm not able to save books, sadly. I'd like to, but I have like 270/300 used and I can't stand clearing my box every 2 runs, so I'm prioritising.

I'm on android :p
and my lag was not specifically from nami's blindness ,that i only got once.
nothing major anyway

i was thinking..given the colorspread the new halloween characters come from..i suppose that after this fortnight we will get one with robin,brook,sanji and zoro in costume?
or do you think they will leave them for next year's halloween?

bjork

I hope you guys are right about a second Halloween island, it would seem weird to only have half the crew in those costumes for a year.

Heng

Whats the best stage to drop Nami? Last? I ran the 3rd Halloween Stage 10 times and only got 2 Luffys and 2 Choppers.
I've been running 30 stamina one and gotten 3 so far. I'm not having any luck with whitebeard books though, I've only gotten 1 out maybe 6 runs. I might try 15 stamina tomorrow and see if I get lucky there.

better to bring gp usopp and leave croco in the storage...usopp is really useful for franky,mr 3's delay is not enough usually
otherwise,as long as you don't screw up like i didi and accidentally bring nami or luffy under 25%,you are ok..espacially since you have a max boat ..mine is just lv 8
I tried with Usopp and flew threw the level no problem. I tried swapping Croc back in and beat the stage without even needing the delay on Franky. The only hit I took was from Luffy because I did too much damage. It feels nice to finally have maxed out teams that are this powerful. :D

Tidd

24 hours later and I have 6 Law books :D at this rate I should have 84 at the end of the fortnight. That should be enough to max law even if I end up with less.

I've purged all small turtles and unevolved pigs from my inventory. Sacrifices must be made!

Now to spend all my money feeding my units cotton candy from the FP event. I think that just started.

Edit: I did 50 friend pulls. I got a whooping 2 HP cotton candies. Gee, you shouldn't have.

Majukun

was hopeful about this cotton candy pull, instead just got 5 of them with 50 pulls
Has anyway else had usopp halloween pop up yet? I've encountered all strawhats except usopp
got it twice, but the first time I failed the stage.
it's just the first day anyway, lulu in the galley la stage took me almost two weeks to show up

by the way.. Halloween usopp is a better version than impact usopp?

bjork

Yeah, misread and looked at impact's capt skill instead of the special... Well i have both anyway... actually i have now more Usopps than any other character...

This got me curious, so I'm looking at my box.

8 Choppers, 7 Namis, 6 of Luffy/Zoro/Usopp, 5 Sanji

why am I keeping all of these

Qmzn

Neo Member
Regarding lag, version 5 runs a little bit smoother than v4, and v4 was a jump from v3, so at least the OPTC team is doing some sort of optimization. I can do stuff like G3 Luffy on a Galaxy SII, which is really ancient by today's standards. So the future may be a little brighter than it seems.

As a somewhat-related aside, Android x86 v5.1 has properly rolled-in VPN support, which has finally taken the frustration out of pretending to be Japanese to grab new versions of the apk. Way better than 4.x builds.

It runs well enough that it might be a better solution for rerolling during Sugofest, JP or Global, instead of proprietary stuff like Bluestacks. I wonder if you could even use it to play OP:TC on a touch-screen PC. There is hardware-accelerated OpenGL support, and more robust ARM translation.

Maybe I'll put it in a fake arcade cabinet, call it "Treasure Cruise: Tournament Edition".

bjork

Keep them until we get sockets ? Ain't nobody got space for that.

They're my nakama on this journey, all 194 people I'm sitting on atm. But if Zoro eats Zoro to make a stronger top version, I guess that might be an acceptable sacrifice.

Heng

I did 38 friend pulls and got 2 hp candy. I wish they were attack up but at least I got something. Also, I have only 3 WB books so far, is everyone else getting more frequent drops? There's just too many different books in this fortnight.

RalchAC

This got me curious, so I'm looking at my box.

8 Choppers, 7 Namis, 6 of Luffy/Zoro/Usopp, 5 Sanji

why am I keeping all of these

Do you have box space? I'm struggling so I fuse them as I get them

They'll be useful in unlocking character slots when we get that feature. Keep them!

Says the leader of the box space beggar club. Dude, there is like a new Strawhats version every 2 months.

Majukun

I'm on android :p
and my lag was not specifically from nami's blindness ,that i only got once.
nothing major anyway

i was thinking..given the colorspread the new halloween characters come from..i suppose that after this fortnight we will get one with robin,brook,sanji and zoro in costume?
or do you think they will leave them for next year's halloween?

i was right (only jap for now)

CRVkZqYVAAAT4kF.png

bjork

I did 38 friend pulls and got 2 hp candy. I wish they were attack up but at least I got something. Also, I have only 3 WB books so far, is everyone else getting more frequent drops? There's just too many different books in this fortnight.

I've only had the one WB book drop, but I don't have him so I fed it. I've had a handful of G3 books, but I maxed mine on some other island I can't recall so those got fed as well.

Do you have box space? I'm struggling so I fuse them as I get them

With 2 each of most evolvers, I'm sitting at 245/300. But I'm keeping one of every named character and then some of the newer fodder like giants and upgraded "bald boxing dude with stitches on his head" etc. I don't keep skillbooks or candies around, I just use them right away when they turn up.

i was right (only jap for now)

I hope they turn up here as well. It'll be weird to have a Brook variant before base Brook, but that's okay with me. Yohohoho

Top Bottom