• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

I really hope for Ivankov that it is just a "it works better for the Halloween theme"-thing.

But if it is really a copyright issue, what about the Strong World units? Wouldn't it be the same?

Oh and we will get 2 gems today? One for the Rayleigh event and one for the Halloween one?

We'll know in an hour. I like that they mess up with the schedule as long as we have the units to do their content. Plus the Halloween Strawhat island has some cool dudes like Luffy and Chopper

AFAIK some youtuber said we didn't get Zephyr because Funimation has the rights for the One Piece movie where Zephyr is in and the game is using everything from viz media.
No one knows if this is really true but people always want someone to blame. :D

It's a kind of logic conclusion, but I don't think it's what has happened.

They probably saw some data and realised most of their playerbase is far enough to do the new raid bosses (especially the 60 stamina versions) so they've released a few event to help newbies to catch up. Just think about:

- Clash of Clashes: 3 Zombie-able raid bosses in 2 weeks. Newbies could grab a copy, other players were able to max Mihawk and/or Garp.
- Different colored Turtle Times (and longer) gave people a better chance to level up their units. Plus they gave a few keys and a medium Turtle everyday.
- The stamina cooldown reduction helped players to level up faster than we originally did.
- Rayleigh training helped players to get a few extra levels, which are necessary to increase party cost.

Absalom, Tsuru, and Curiel are the only shooter leads on Global with 2x. Curiel has the added bonus of 1.5x recover but I assume not many people have him. I'm not sure which the shooter restricted fortnight is, at least I don't think it's any time soon.

I kinda like the whole Halloween fortnight happening instead although I'll be interested to see what they do about the skill book drops since a few of them that drop are for units we don't have yet (Crocus, Hamburg, SW Usopp, and some sort of snow bear thing), but it does drop WB books in the JP version.

The isle itself should be doable with MC or Mihawk team. The MC team does however need a knuckle marine since Nami converts your orbs to STR or QCK and locks them for one turn. Franky glooms one of your captains for two turns too which might cause a little trouble for slasher teams and since we don't have a readily available silence/gloom reducer with that low a cooldown but it looks otherwise beatable.

Well, Chopper reduces silence and I think there was somebody in Jaya that reduced silence?

Yep that would also mean trouble for SW units.

Maybe not, even if those copyright issues are right. Different films.

DrAg0nBoY

can I feed cotton candy to. one fodder unit and then give it to a character to save bely ?

if zephyr doesn't come than shooter teams are doomed.. totally useless.

The strong world strawhats I think will not have problems since it's just them. in another costume, not totally different characters

EDIT:for kimono Nami can't I just use blamenco and go all red?

Yeah, I am doing that with my HP cotton's. Don't know who should I feed them too :/.

Spinx

The feeling when you unlock the 50x Crocodile retries with zero drops.

negativeman.png
??

The feeling when you unlock the 50x Crocodile retries with zero drops.
I know your pain. I've probably farmed over 300 times now for Mr. 2 to no avail. I had stopped, in hopes of getting lucky during the Kimono Strawhats fortnight. I guess that isn't going to be an option now, >_<.

Copons

THAT!
Except on the toilet throne, the only possible playing location for mobile games.

I know your pain. I've probably farmed over 300 times now for Mr. 2 to no avail. I had stopped, in hopes of getting lucky during the Kimono Strawhats fortnight. I guess that isn't going to be an option now, >_<.

Yeah, Mr. 2 too was harsh, and I've stopped him for the Kimono SH fortnight too.
But damn everything, 50 (and counting) runs with zero drops for a unit I would like to drop TWICE... :'(

for kimono Nami can't I just use blamenco and go all red?

Maybe, but it's unlikely. Ensign Knuckle has a max cooldown of 7 whereas Blamenco has a max of 10. If you've managed to max Blamenco, maybe? The problem is that Nami shows up on stage 6 so it's not likely you'll be able to stall enough.

Well, Chopper reduces silence and I think there was somebody in Jaya that reduced silence?

Shoujou does but he has a 21 turn cooldown and he's a shooter. Halloween Chopper is a INT fighter so he wouldn't really fit on most teams and isn't worth losing out on the damage. Fortunately Franky has a high turn attack interval so you can just as easily hit him for half damage a few turns and then just finish him off without too much trouble.

Also, we get 2 gems today for some reason. One for the Halloween event and one for the Rayleigh training. I won't turn down a free gem.

bjork

I think RalchAC's theory about helping newer players sounds super likely, so the Zephyr thing doesn't bother me. Plus, if they didn't do the Halloween event now, there would be people in November complaining that we didn't get it.

RalchAC

I don't recommend anybody to visit the OPTC subReddit right now, even if you like to go there to look for some news like I do (since the blog is getting worse and slower...)

Man, I understand that some people might be a bit pissed, especially iOS users that didn't got a unevolved v1 Nami a few events ago. But there is a difference between being a bit pissed and being a crybaby. And there is 1 dude out there doing his best so we can have fun with the game, he is going to feel bad if after announcing such a cool event (we're getting a fortnight like 5 days after JP!) he gets a backslash.

As I said before, we're getting something. They might release Ivankov sooner since it fits the Halloween theme and, at the same time, it's a good way to delay Zephyr one extra month if they want players to get ready for him. I'd give the devs the benefit of the doubt until mid-november

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The way i see it - i wasnt expecting Dofla before 2016 but now i think they will drop him around December. I dont expect Zephyr this year anymore until they have figured out their licensing issues or whatever is preventing his release.

October - Iva
Nov - Mihawk/Garp/MC
Dec - Dofla as part of Holiday Event

If Dofla is planned for this year i can see why we had all these beginner friendly events and improved stamina refresh rate - otherwise most casual players wouldnt stand a chance.

bjork

I don't recommend anybody to visit the OPTC subReddit right now, even if you like to go there to look for some news like I do (since the blog is getting worse and slower...)

Man, I understand that some people might be a bit pissed, especially iOS users that didn't got a unevolved v1 Nami a few events ago. But there is a difference between being a bit pissed and being a crybaby. And there is 1 dude out there doing his best so we can have fun with the game, he is going to feel bad if after announcing such a cool event (we're getting a fortnight like 5 days after JP!) he gets a backslash.

As I said before, we're getting something. They might release Ivankov sooner since it fits the Halloween theme and, at the same time, it's a good way to delay Zephyr one extra month if they want players to get ready for him. I'd give the devs the benefit of the doubt until mid-november

OPTCThunderbolt? I was reading that page right after I woke up, and he sounds like a real piece of work, haha.

The way i see it - i wasnt expecting Dofla before 2016 but now i think they will drop him around December. I dont expect Zephyr this year anymore until they have figured out their licensing issues or whatever is preventing his release.

October - Iva
Nov - Mihawk/Garp/MC
Dec - Dofla as part of Holiday Event

I would like another stab at maxing my Mihawk. I think mine's at 23 and level 85, last time I simply ran out of time because of work scheduling. :\

Majukun

just realized the Halloween fortnight is gonna take the place of the kimono one... so.. is there any problem with this fortnight? what is the best team?
edit:damn the guide I found uses Japan characters that we don't have yet.. lots of them. in fact

ElChado

Neo Member
The real tragedy is Ain.

Halloween chopper reduces silence or gloom by 3 turns and maxes at 9 turns. we got the better deal with silence abilities.

Also
tonight or in 16 hours of this post we are getting the current fortnight japan has that started 5 days ago.

The new event doesnt say when just coming soon but there was a download and if you timewarp you can see it.

Wonder what books we will get instead of crocus, hiking bear, sw ussop or whitebeard.

Majukun

oh well.. i'll try with my slasher team... probably with the Merry instead of the casket boat... being unable to heal. in this fortnight seems deadly.. Although slasher don't have much recovery to begin with

I wonder if the fortnight will be easier compared to the Japanese version

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Halloween chopper reduces silence or gloom by 3 turns and maxes at 9 turns. we got the better deal with silence abilities.
Ain is pretty though.

oh well.. i'll try with my slasher team... probably with the Merry instead of the casket boat... being unable to heal. in this fortnight seems deadly.. Although slasher don't have much recovery to begin with

I wonder if the fortnight will be easier compared to the Japanese version
G3 can go all the way with no specials.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I'm down with them shuffling content around in interesting ways, but it raises questions. For example, will Global's character log be numbered differently, or are we about to get a ton of empty spaces that cannot be filled in for months?

This opens the door for other JP content to land early, even simultaneously. Imagine if Global got Ability Orbs before Doffy? It could change the whole team-building dynamic, especially with Usopp'n and Afro Luffy decking out GP Usopp. Wishful thinking, but man, I'd love to start digging into Ability slotting with the Global roster. It really changes the decision process--do I put this dupe into the identical Straw Hat for a potential special level, or into another version for the guaranteed ability slot roll? It also turns Asura Zoro into a beastly captain, especially for those with bad gacha luck.

I mean, let's face it, savvy Global players knew what was coming and were getting complacent, sitting on gems and boxes full of manuals. The pot could use a good stir, even if it was brought about by some bureaucratic snafu.

However, with so many units that drop from the Halloween fortnight, Global could really use another 100 spaces in the character box.

Ain is pretty though.

Who wears short-shorts? Dun dun dana dun dun dana

bjork

just need a good slasher to replace luffy now

He's not a stellar unit, but you can get a Buggy when he rolls back through and he's decent INT until he can be replaced with Mr. 3/Croc/Vista

I'm down with them shuffling content around in interesting ways, but it raises questions. For example, will Global's character log be numbered differently, or are we about to get a ton of empty spaces that cannot be filled in for months?

There are already gaps in the box, it currently jumps from 590 to 761. They just don't give the ? boxes for units you can't get yet.

Heng

That sucks about Zephyr and hopefully they can work things out. On another note, I can finally use the rest of my Mihawks and Garp I've saved up and WB skill books can drop on this island.

Jayhawk

All the red pigs from Absalom helped me get...
Kuma 70
Kraken 70
Blamenco 70
Monster Chopper 82

With Arlong at 80, Alvida at 70, and G3 Luffy at 70, my red orb teams are sitting pretty. They just need more skill ups. \@.@/

I am hoping the skill up books they put into the Halloween fortnight are ones that could get use with Ivankov, like Law's and Apoo's.

RedBoot

I can't imagine there's any rights issues, seeing as how Namco Bandai's had Film Z (and Strong World) costumes in some of the console OP games already. It's not like Funimation's the type to block things like this either.

The idea that they switched things around to keep us guessing, or for balance reasons, makes more sense. Really, as long as they avoid Freedom/Knowledge/Tough related characters, they could adjust things however they want.

bjork

You know, I can understand a unit like Crocodile being hard to farm. Arlong, Zeff, characters that can give your team some legs or fill in some worthwhile role.

So, that said, why does Chess have a 0.00% drop rate? Holy hell, I must've run this thing 100x by now.

daydream

Banned
He's not a stellar unit, but you can get a Buggy when he rolls back through and he's decent INT until he can be replaced with Mr. 3/Croc/Vista

is mr. 3 the best dark slasher unit?

ideally, i'd like to fill the hole nami left behind it with a dark type

RedBoot

is mr. 3 the best dark slasher unit?

ideally, i'd like to fill the hole nami left behind it with a dark type

Besides Buggy, we've also got Helmeppo v2 coming back via the Cobymeppo fortnight soon. He's got better stats than Mr. 3 and Buggy, while also being a hell of a lot easier to get than Mr. 3 and Croc.

Croc or Vista are still the best stat-wise, but Croc can take a lot of farming, and Vista is RR-only.

daydream

Banned
Besides Buggy, we've also got Helmeppo v2 coming back via the Cobymeppo fortnight soon. He's got better stats than Mr. 3 and Buggy, while also being a hell of a lot easier to get than Mr. 3 and Croc.

Croc or Vista are still the best stat-wise, but Croc can take a lot of farming, and Vista is RR-only.

guess i'll keep an eye out for all of these, thanks!

bjork

Oh yeah, I forgot all about V2 Helmeppo, ha. He's pretty good too, with a useful special.

Still no Chess. Might move on to someone else for awhile.

RedBoot

Also, just realized the secret best part of getting the Halloween Fortnight now: Two more weeks of General Zombie! Can't wait to max his special and never use him! :p

ElChado

Neo Member
It's a good chance to level up Whitebeard's special at least. Assuming they keep his and Croc's books, that is.

After using 20 gems or so during kraken in a skill rate up to max my whitebeard and it's terribly shitty drop rate, i'll be a bit cheesed if the global version of the halloween fortnight drops wb books like candy as it does in the japanese version.

StMeph

the global version of the halloween fortnight drops wb books like candy as it does in the japanese version.

Not to diminish your investment since I would also be pissed if I'd spent that many stones, but I would be ecstatic if that turns out to be the case. Can maybe-actually-finally max Whitebeard.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
After using 20 gems or so during kraken in a skill rate up to max my whitebeard and it's terribly shitty drop rate, i'll be a bit cheesed if the global version of the halloween fortnight drops wb books like candy as it does in the japanese version.

Probably will just have get used to it - we also had a bunch of people who stoned at every chance possible to get their teams ready for Zephyr/DoFla...now sitting on max lvl teams with no Raid Bosses to beat. The Haloween stage is new even for Japan, so they probably also had a couple of players who just stoned for WB skill-ups on the last Kraken event.

In this specific case it sucks since you spend much stones/times on WB Books - but in general i will appreciated surprises in the Global version. Following JPN 1:1 would get boring at some point.

RedBoot

I'm actually really interested to see what skill books drop, since half of the books in the Japanese version are for characters we don't have yet.

Worth noting that the fortnight only uses enemies that were already in global (so none of the newer marines or Skypeia fodder), and none of the Strawhats boost the new types (Freedom, etc). This was always planned to be in Global, it seems.

Top Bottom