• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Jayhawk

Global following Japan's timeline for fortnights and raids gave us way too much predictability and preparation time. We won't be able to capture the surprise of the Japanese version first getting a raid boss and not knowing the best strategies right away, but a few unexpected surprises here and there for the global version is nice. I am more inclined to now keep all my different team types strong, instead of focusing on what the next raid boss would be weak to.

Let's get some discussion going on Ivankov teams!

Double Zoro, Mihawk, Law, Apoo, and Miss Doublefinger can hopefully beat Ivankov at my current levels.

Majukun

the rayleigh event is ending and with it the days and days of 2xdrop..chance.. farmed as much as I could.. had 4 units on the Crosshair , only got 2..mr 1 and 2 are still unobtainable for me.. but at least I got brogy and croco

RedBoot

Double Zoro, Mihawk, Law, Apoo, and Miss Doublefinger can hopefully beat Ivankov at my current levels.

Seems kind of tough to find team info for Ivan, probably because he's not as widely used as other raid bosses. I think his captain skill looks fun, though I don't know if there's a really viable team there or not (plus I'd have to find Ivan friend captains for it).

Either way, I get the feeling most double Zoro or double Mihawk setups can handle the stage. The difficulty may be more about how to properly fight Ivan (since you need to burst him when he's around 20% health).

I'm thinking of running Double Mihawk, Asura Zoro, Law, Saber Billion (I think Ivan gives you tandem orbs?) and GP Usopp. Might switch Vista in if the Seahorse Locking stage gives me trouble. This might be one of those quests that I have to fail 2-3 times before getting a solid setup down.

ElChado

Neo Member
Seems kind of tough to find team info for Ivan, probably because he's not as widely used as other raid bosses. I think his captain skill looks fun, though I don't know if there's a really viable team there or not (plus I'd have to find Ivan friend captains for it).

Either way, I get the feeling most double Zoro or double Mihawk setups can handle the stage. The difficulty may be more about how to properly fight Ivan (since you need to burst him when he's around 20% health).

I'm thinking of running Double Mihawk, Asura Zoro, Law, Saber Billion (I think Ivan gives you tandem orbs?) and GP Usopp. Might switch Vista in if the Seahorse Locking stage gives me trouble. This might be one of those quests that I have to fail 2-3 times before getting a solid setup down.

So what team will be good for the halloween fortnight?

Slasher team with double Mihawk as the captain?

Global following Japan's timeline for fortnights and raids gave us way too much predictability and preparation time. We won't be able to capture the surprise of the Japanese version first getting a raid boss and not knowing the best strategies right away, but a few unexpected surprises here and there for the global version is nice. I am more inclined to now keep all my different team types strong, instead of focusing on what the next raid boss would be weak to.

the popular ivankov return team was double zoro, doublefinger, law, apoo, doflamingo.

Since we lack doffy, bellamy works as a dex unit that boosts orbs, but he isnt really worth farming. Mihawk works as a strong sub and the special makes the fight faster.

The biggest problem is we dont have any apoo or law skill ups, and with apoo at 20, we're missing the fastest ivankov team.

Double mihawk should be easy and fast. ivankov only has 1.8 million hp, and at 20% heals. Thats under 400k hp you need to burst to kill him, a burst team easily does that.

So Law, ChessMarimo, ShichiCroc, Masira, WB, Asura Zoro, and Broggy books. Not bad.

I wonder if I can get away without running GP on my slasher team to deal with Franky. No guts, no glory! Edit: Completely doable.

I think I'm just going to ditch the Chessmarimo books. Granted another dex orb changer is nice but having to farm Chess and Kuromarimo seems like a pain in the ass. I'd rather spend my stamina getting books I know I'll put to good use.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I caught them all! I've been getting G3 books, Asura Zoro, and Slasher croc books. Not bad!

That Nami special though. Lolz.

Jayhawk

Too bad I don't have Broggy and Crocodile for the skill books to be used. Haven't had much luck with drops and with Brain Point Chopper and Vista already, I don't NEED them.

I've had to rely on skilled up Mihawk friends to do the Halloween fortnight's 30-stamina version to deal with the Luffy boss. I need to remember which Mihawk friends have MAX skill or close to it.

pelicansurf

Rayleigh has been making short work of the Straw Hats, but if I don't kill Nami in 1 blow, I have to stall so I don't get blown out by Luffy when my hits are invisible. I haven't seen Usopp yet.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Anybody actually get a WB skill book drop from this event? Been doing 30 stamina and only seeing law and the others.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody actually get a WB skill book drop from this event? Been doing 30 stamina and only seeing law and the others.

I've gotten 1 WB book so far in about a dozen runs. I haven't seen any Croc books, but apparently the drop rate for the WB books is higher here than Kraken?... supposedly?

I wish I had Chessmarimo though, might have to try to get him this week if possible.

----

Otherwise to all, if it mattered any. I found my way back to this game. After a month of not playing it was extremely relaxing but I missed the play enough to want to come back. I was fortunate enough to get my account back from the player whom I handed it off to. Incredibly solid dude, can't thank him enough.

To which, in regards to this fortnight. It's pretty fun, so despite the despair about no Kimono as long as we have the Law skill books for example. I think this is a better alternative, thematically, but also with the Croc book and second chance at WB books already for those who got him last sugo or didn't succeed in the special levels during Kraken. While the Halloween units don't seem very useful, (Usopp looks to be though!) they're definitely fun I think. And it's cool to get a fortnight that is almost day/date with what JPN has right now.

So far things to watch out for is doing too much damage on Halloween Nami, as she can blind you for 6-7 turns and empty your slots. So the lead up to Chopper can be dangerous, if you're running 30 stamina. And it can get even more tough if you're blinded and you do too much damage on Franky, as he'll silence your captain for 2 turns. Pending the turn counter on him at 4 or 2, it can be difficult with the final encounter with Luffy.

I'm running a Monster Chopper team personally with a skill max red marine and Blamenco for backup. Hopefully everyone is finding success with this fortnight, aside from that it's nice to be playing again.

Copons

Lol I managed to get my ass kicked from the 30STA Halloween event. :'(
Anyway in a few runs I already have all that could drop except Chopper.
But those halloween units are so crappy, I'm kinda tempted to feed them to their proper counterparts.

Ah, when will Ivankov start?

Hisoka

I've gotten 1 WB book so far in about a dozen runs. I haven't seen any Croc books, but apparently the drop rate for the WB books is higher here than Kraken?... supposedly?

I wish I had Chessmarimo though, might have to try to get him this week if possible.

----

Otherwise to all, if it mattered any. I found my way back to this game. After a month of not playing it was extremely relaxing but I missed the play enough to want to come back. I was fortunate enough to get my account back from the player whom I handed it off to. Incredibly solid dude, can't thank him enough.

To which, in regards to this fortnight. It's pretty fun, so despite the despair about no Kimono as long as we have the Law skill books for example. I think this is a better alternative, thematically, but also with the Croc book and second chance at WB books already for those who got him last sugo or didn't succeed in the special levels during Kraken. While the Halloween units don't seem very useful, (Usopp looks to be though!) they're definitely fun I think. And it's cool to get a fortnight that is almost day/date with what JPN has right now.

So far things to watch out for is doing too much damage on Halloween Nami, as she can blind you for 6-7 turns and empty your slots. So the lead up to Chopper can be dangerous, if you're running 30 stamina. And it can get even more tough if you're blinded and you do too much damage on Franky, as he'll silence your captain for 2 turns. Pending the turn counter on him at 4 or 2, it can be difficult with the final encounter with Luffy.

I'm running a Monster Chopper team personally with a skill max red marine and Blamenco for backup. Hopefully everyone is finding success with this fortnight, aside from that it's nice to be playing again.

I would quote myself now if i wouldn't have a life.
I haven't, i'm just lazy as fuck lol

I was in the same situation once and dandte helped me out.

Welcome back mate!

6temnrh.jpg

Awesome Edit:
See you later

You'll be like:
theypulledmebackin.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That Halloween stage is great so far. Only tried 30 stamina with Kid yet, but he rocks the stage.

No Law skillbook drop yet though.

Majukun

just noticed that Mr 2 base cooldown is the same of maxed Garp.. so i don't really need to max his skill for him to be useful.... when i find it of course... so i can dump his skillbooks and farm others
That Halloween stage is great so far. Only tried 30 stamina with Kid yet, but he rocks the stage.

No Law skillbook drop yet though.
What's your team?

cw_sasuke

What's your team?
Kid/Kid
Killer/Kaku/Alvida/Golden Pound

Alvida active to weaken the dmg if needed for Chopper on Rage Mode, Golden Pound active for Franky and Luffy gets one shotted after Kid and Kakus actives.

Majukun

Easily.
But if you fail to one-shot Nami, she'll blind you for 6 turns, rendering G3 useless (as long as you're not the god of OPTC and can blindly score perfects :D ).
well i actually can if i know the unit :p
like with some of the guys i had in the anti-absalom team i could score perfects,like jozu or kaku..others were much more difficult to me,like hina or lucci

still have to try the fortnight though..used all my stamina with my last attempt of ferming mr 1..
of course got nothing.

RalchAC

I'm pretty happy with the new units. I'm going to level up my Pumpkin Luffy and use it for Ivankov instead of Doublefinger, I'll grab her when they do an event that adds her to RR. I already have Impact Usopp but the Wolf one should be a good substitute and has a really cool sprite too. Chopper, while niche, seems decent. Dunno about Franky.

----

To which, in regards to this fortnight. It's pretty fun, so despite the despair about no Kimono as long as we have the Law skill books for example. I think this is a better alternative, thematically, but also with the Croc book and second chance at WB books already for those who got him last sugo or didn't succeed in the special levels during Kraken. While the Halloween units don't seem very useful, (Usopp looks to be though!) they're definitely fun I think.

Welcome back dude! It's nice to see you've got tour account back.

The new Fortnight is definitely fun too. I think you've chosen the best moment to return. I tried not to read about the island and used my Striker team to scout the whole thing. Felt awesome knowing nothing about it.

Lol I managed to get my ass kicked from the 30STA Halloween event. :'(
Anyway in a few runs I already have all that could drop except Chopper.
But those halloween units are so crappy, I'm kinda tempted to feed them to their proper counterparts.

Ah, when will Ivankov start?

Chopper sprite is too damn cut, I fell in love when I saw him.

And 26 October I think.

Kid/Kid
Killer/Kaku/Alvida/Golden Pound

Alvida active to weaken the dmg if needed for Chopper on Rage Mode, Golden Pound active for Franky and Luffy gets one shotted after Kid and Kakus actives.

My team was kind of similar.

2x Kid, Bike Smoker, Killer, Alvida and GP Ussop.

chrono01

----

Welcome back! d(^_^)v

Copons

well i actually can if i know the unit :p
like with some of the guys i had in the anti-absalom team i could score perfects,like jozu or kaku..others were much more difficult to me,like hina or lucci

Yeah, eventually I got pretty good at blind perfects too with my blue team, even tho in my case, Boa was so faster than the others that often killed my timing.

This is why you purposely 2 turn her.

That's if you get her below 20 % HP.

Oh, I didn't realize that.
Good to know then!

Anything I can do to help secure that 1HKO on nami? She messes with orbs right?

IIRC she changes everything to red and blue.
But eh, at this point you could simply 2-turn her as they said before.

Chopper sprite is too damn cut, I fell in love when I saw him.

And 26 October I think.

Thanks!

And yes, those sprites are super cute and I'm definitely keeping them, but I honestly can't find a good reason to level any of them up.

Majukun

taking a look to the guise for the fortnight..but chopper does his <50% special only when it is it's turn to attack or does it whenever it's his turn or not?
basically..can i kill him in two turns without worrying about leaving him at >50% hp the first turn?
and same goes for the other guys in this fortnight

RalchAC

taking a look to the guise for the fortnight..but chopper does his <50% special only when it is it's turn to attack or does it whenever it's his turn or not?
basically..can i kill him in two turns without worrying about leaving him at >50% hp the first turn?
and same goes for the other guys in this fortnight

Do you mean the one that increases his defense and attack? I think he just uses it whenever his health drops, whether its his turn to attack or not. He used it once when his attack CD was going from 2 to 1.

Majukun

Do you mean the one that increases his defense and attack? I think he just uses it whenever his health drops, whether its his turn to attack or not. He used it once when his attack CD was going from 2 to 1.

hmm..ok..so the method for nami,franky and luffy should be to put lower their hp around 25/30% and kill them in the second turn,while for chopper is aroun 51% and then kill..
or his buff isn't really that strong and you can just kill it however you want?

RalchAC

hmm..ok..so the method for nami,franky and luffy should be to put lower their hp around 25/30% and kill them in the second turn,while for chopper is aroun 51% and then kill..

I can't say that 100% sure until I've made more runs, sorry buddy :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I go straight for the kill on Chopper and Franky. If anyone has an matching orb (except Usopp?), you can probably kill Chopper in one go and if not, the second turn should be enough to kill him. Using Usopp on Franky completely nullifies his effect(s) and his turn count starts high so it's easy peasy and you can't use him on Luffy anyways. If he hits you with the despair, just make sure you stall it out.

Majukun

I go straight for the kill on Chopper and Franky. If anyone has an matching orb (except Usopp?), you can probably kill Chopper in one go and if not, the second turn should be enough to kill him. Using Usopp on Franky completely nullifies his effect(s) and his turn count starts high so it's easy peasy and you can't use him on Luffy anyways. If he hits you with the despair, just make sure you stall it out.

thanks..so the only problem now is if my slasher team can kill luffy..it should since i have 2 mihawks to utilize when he reaches around 20% though so to avoid his best attack..i'll try this team
The game taunts me. I've gotten over 3 wb books and only 1 law and 2 croc books. My wb has been maxed since kraken.

ehi,at least you have a whitebeard -_-

the game trolls me continuously but didn't give me one :p

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
thanks..so the only problem now is if my slasher team can kill luffy..it should since i have 2 mihawks to utilize when he reaches around 20% though so to avoid his best attack..i'll try this team

ehi,at least you have a whitebeard -_-

the game trolls me continuously but didn't give me one :p
Crap wait, I thought you were talking about G3. Zeenigami has a guide for 2x Mihawk and he flubs quite a bit and still makes it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR1tDqF6puM

cw_sasuke

Wondering...will any Gaffer actually "farm" Iva ? I always found her unit lackluster compared to other Raidbosses, does she have specific situations where she shines ? Getting a Raid Boss during a skill up event is cool in general though.

RalchAC

Wondering...will any Gaffer actually "farm" Iva ? I always found her unit lackluster compared to other Raidbosses, does she have specific situations where she shines ? Getting a Raid Boss during a skill up event is cool in general though.

Im not going all out but I might spend around 5 gems or something like that. His CD is usable since the beginning and he isn't that good, as you said.

In any way, I've waited too long to not run the boss fight a couple of times!

RalchAC

Ive just tried a Mihawk team with:

Mihawk / Mihawk
Mr1 / Arlong
Mr3 / Usopp

All are >90 outside Mr3 and 1 who are at 70

Mr1 can help you tank Luffy's special. Mr3 can give you an extra turn on Chopper, Nami or Ussop. And Usopp for Franky.

Just a little piece of advice too. The red giant doesn't use the 20x ATK when he has low Hp. He attacks and deals 5k damage

Luffy special deals 9k damage.

Majukun

Ive just tried a Mihawk team with:

Mihawk / Mihawk
Mr1 / Arlong
Mr3 / Usopp

All are >90 outside Mr3 and 1 who are at 70

Mr1 can help you tank Luffy's special. Mr3 can give you an extra turn on Chopper, Nami or Ussop. And Usopp for Franky.

Just a little piece of advice too. The red giant doesn't use the 20x ATK when he has low Hp. He attacks and deals 5k damage

Luffy special deals 9k damage.

just 2 stamina more and i'll try my team with

mihawk x2
lucci
mr 3
arlong
gp usopp

(no luck farming mr 1 for me)

wish me luck

pelicansurf

Nah. I'm farming the Halloween straw hats though, lol.

Top Bottom