• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

StMeph

I'm on Smoker in Loguetown and Alvida Elite, but don't quite have enough levels to successfully clear it yet. I don't know what the best use of my stamina is now though, as non-turtle XP materials are too expensive for too little XP. Is there a place to get turtles?

I'm on Smoker in Loguetown and Alvida Elite, but don't quite have enough levels to successfully clear it yet. I don't know what the best use of my stamina is now though, as non-turtle XP materials are too expensive for too little XP. Is there a place to get turtles?

Turtles have abysmal drop rate outside events, but Baratie 4 is the lowest stamina chapter where they appear.
What's exactly your problem with Elite Alvida? If it's just Alvida herself, then that's pretty easy to solve with the right strategy.

Wait, do we get a free fruit for each of them we do? I haven't even done the early two stages yet.

You get one fruit for doing all 3 stages.

RalchAC

I'm on Smoker in Loguetown and Alvida Elite, but don't quite have enough levels to successfully clear it yet. I don't know what the best use of my stamina is now though, as non-turtle XP materials are too expensive foQUOTElittle XP. Is there a place to get turtles?

Have you thought about befriending someone with Diablo Janbe Sanji? He is awesome for Aldiva.

StMeph

Turtles have abysmal drop rate outside events, but Baratie 4 is the lowest stamina chapter where they appear.
What's exactly your problem with Elite Alvida? If it's just Alvida herself, then that's pretty easy to solve with the right strategy.

Have you thought about befriending someone with Diablo Janbe Sanji? He is awesome for Aldiva.

For Alvida, with an Arlong team, I can get to Alvida, but don't have enough damage to take her out through the defense. With a Vivi-Don Krieg team, I had trouble getting to Alvida because I wasn't able to heal quite enough to get there. I would imagine Sanji would have the same issue.

With Smoker, the Arlong team doesn't have quite enough HP to soak a hit, or else they should have no problem taking him out with his 5-round timer.

I also have Shanks, but my PSY team doesn't put out enough damage. Mostly it's something that another 5-10 levels on everyone or a few evolutions should fix.

For Alvida, with an Arlong team, I can get to Alvida, but don't have enough damage to take her out through the defense. With a Vivi-Don Krieg team, I had trouble getting to Alvida because I wasn't able to heal quite enough to get there. I would imagine Sanji would have the same issue.

With Smoker, the Arlong team doesn't have quite enough HP to soak a hit, or else they should have no problem taking him out with his 5-round timer.

I also have Shanks, but my PSY team doesn't put out enough damage. Mostly it's something that another 5-10 levels on everyone or a few evolutions should fix.

Do you have Helmeppo? PS Sanji? If not, check your fodder for one of these.

With a double Arlong team, prepare an orb on the stronger Arlong (you can do this in the crab stage) and then when facing Alvida use the DEF breaker then attack her and finish your combo with the powered up Arlong. Actually, after using the def breaker, Arlong's special (4*) should be enough to kill her. It's worth a try (and worth farming a fodder def breaker) for all the goods you get from Elite.

qazqaNii

Easiest for me when doing elite alvida has been DUAL vivis giving me 5x RCV per turn, the normal vivi (miss.wednesday has a 50% reduce dmg turn which is actually good against the the shit before alvida). For some reason miss.wednesdays special is better than the evolved version of her imo.

The rest of my team is:
4* Don Krieg
Bazooka Luffy
GOD Ussopp
santouryu ZORO

While my dmg sucks, it is possible, alvida dies in 4 turns thanks to krieg.

Yeah, the fodder defense breakers make Alvida a cakewalk.

Also, Asura Zoro's special attack takes way longer to charge than my old Zoro. It's really a shame how the special attacks keep taking longer to charge. Sure, they're more powerful, but at what price.

bjork

I wish I had focused on one ship. I have Baratie to 4, and the dinghy and Merry to 6. Could've had Merry done, probably.

Tidd

Evolved my Zoro to the Asura version and Sanji to his Diable Jambe form and Alvida is so easy now :D Buggy is level 34. Just 1 and I can evolve him, too.

Oh and I finally added myself to the googledoc sheet. Whenever I'm offline I'll use Diable Jambe Sanji as a Captain for the Alvida event.

chrono01

Same, I'm having horrible luck upgrading my ship. Damn you, Usopp. :/

One blue pirate penguin obtained, one more to go. Soon Ace, soon...

icechai

With Double Arlong team and one of them at lvl 30+ ish, you can just keep him with the Str orb rolled before Alvida and a perfect on Alvida will 1 shot her.

Rurunaki

All I need now is Arlong ti complete my STR team.

Captain: Gear 2 Luffy
Arlong*
Alvida
Booger Explosion guy
God Ussop

I feel I'm ready for Mihawk.

StMeph

Do you have Helmeppo? PS Sanji? If not, check your fodder for one of these.

With a double Arlong team, prepare an orb on the stronger Arlong (you can do this in the crab stage) and then when facing Alvida use the DEF breaker then attack her and finish your combo with the powered up Arlong. Actually, after using the def breaker, Arlong's special (4*) should be enough to kill her. It's worth a try (and worth farming a fodder def breaker) for all the goods you get from Elite.

With Double Arlong team and one of them at lvl 30+ ish, you can just keep him with the Str orb rolled before Alvida and a perfect on Alvida will 1 shot her.

Worked like a charm. Alvida Elite now on farm. Thanks all.

I'm sure with a couple more days of this, I'll have enough XP for Smoker.

RalchAC

The One Piece blog updated the Tier list, have we updated the one in the OT too?

man what must the drop rate be on Zeff

0.5%?

Cheer up. Once you get him and you enjoy the x6.25 bonus damage you get from a Dual Zeff build you'll totally feel the farming was worth.

Worked like a charm. Alvida Elite now on farm. Thanks all.

I'm sure with a couple more days of this, I'll have enough XP for Smoker.

Nice. So in the end you've been able to beat her.

There is some nice fodder in that island, plus the Zoro / Chopper books. Since there is many red fodder in the area, leveling your Arlong would work well, he is a beast! And getting Aldiva should work well too. She has an incredible skill.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cheer up. Once you get him and you enjoy the x6.25 bonus damage you get from a Dual Zeff build you'll totally feel the farming was worth.

True - once you have Zeff nothing can stop you at this point. Sanji/Luffy and whoever else you have as a fighter will just destroy every enemy xD

He is a must have !!

RalchAC

True - once you have Zeff nothing can stop you at this point. Sanji/Luffy and whoever else you have as a fighter will just destroy every enemy xD

He is a must have !!

Do we know if he'll stop being as good in the future? Not having an evolution kind of worries me TBH.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Do we know if he'll stop being as good in the future? Not having an evolution kind of worries me TBH.

He will stay "good" but there will be Gacha units who will replace him with better stats/skills. But it it will be a while until we get Jimbei.

For a farmable leader he is amazing - as long as your subs are strong the team should be competitive for a while.

RalchAC

He will stay "good" but there will be Gacha units who will replace him with better stats/skills. But it it will be a while until we get Jimbei.

For a farmable leader he is amazing - as long as your subs are strong the team should be competitive for a while.

Oh man, I'd love to have a Jinbei in my party. I really like him and his relationship with Luffy.
He has to become a Mugiwara.

Perona

Bring Don Krieg for his poison or Diablo Jambe Saji for his special ability and she's a joke.

I don't have either of them evolved so I'm stuck using Helmeppo whose special takes 25 turns to charge. Makes it really annoying since I have to waste a bunch of turns every time.

If anyone wants an idea of how tough Mihawk will be, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUDeDxqfUhU

tl;dr: Arlong/Buggy/Kuro/Zoro/Usopp, 40-stamina, 9 fruits

Doesn't seem that bad TBH. Mihawk is definitely worth 9 fruits.

Damn.

But yeah, most definitely worth it if you can make it in that many turns. Crocodile and Doflamingo also seem crazy good for slasher teams, but I'm guessing they're both far away?

bjork

Woke up, nabbed the red and green pirate penguins on my first goes, then been trying to get two seahorses with little luck. May wait until the seahorse island and go back to farming actual dudes.

edit - I think several people here will have teams that strong by the time Mihawk rolls around, and the gems spent seem like they'd be worth it for sure. Also, I guess once you figure out a strategy it gets easier, because look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKDwk4MLpEY

I don't read Japanese at all, but assuming he got 100 Mihawks legit, that's nuts.

Damn.

But yeah, most definitely worth it if you can make it in that many turns. Crocodile and Doflamingo also seem crazy good for slasher teams, but I'm guessing they're both far away?

Crocodile is a story boss, 5-7 island away from Loguetown. Doflamingo is the latest raid boss JP got, so we probably won't see him for a year or so.

Oh and both will be a pain to get. Starting with Laboon, story bosses will no longer be added to the rare recruit so good luck farming Crocodile with Zeff-like drop rates. Doflamingo is a pretty tough 24h boss (60 stamina ;_;) and Vivi strategies don't work on him.

RalchAC

He already said to Luffy. He even told Neptune he would join. Probably at the conclusion of Big Mam arc.

Which may happen after Dressrossa, in I'm up to date with the anime, not the Manga, but I remember
that Big Mom ship appeared in front of the Thousand Sunny when Nami, Sanji, Brook and Chopper where heading to Zou or whatever.

Future looks aweesome.

ah_hia

Anybody have any idea if we will be able to evolve the strawhats into their v2? Because the prospect of being dependent on rare pulls scares me.

bjork

Anybody have any idea if we will be able to evolve the strawhats into their v2? Because the prospect of being dependent on rare pulls scares me.

They're listed as pulls only, on the blog chart.

I'm curious to know about Django's evolution. He can go two ways, to Dancing Django or Marine Django, but the game itself only shows Dancing Django as a potential option. Is it something that's added with an update later? Smoker's got an evolution with his bike that looks to have been added way later, maybe it's like that.

Rare Recruit only.

Edit:

They're listed as pulls only, on the blog chart.

I'm curious to know about Django's evolution. He can go two ways, to Dancing Django or Marine Django, but the game itself only shows Dancing Django as a potential option. Is it something that's added with an update later? Smoker's got an evolution with his bike that looks to have been added way later, maybe it's like that.

His new evo will come with Hina's special island.

Limit

Just got Helmeppo for his defense breaking ability but it looks like I will have to evolve him to get that? Getting rare drops right now sucks out more energy than triggering a wave of euphoria since leveling up is such a chore. Got smoker yesterday from loguetown and I haven't even touched him because I felt lethargic just thinking about how much I will have to farm to level and evolve him.

bjork

Did a few runs on Alvida elite for some red turtles, got her and Enraged Arlong into the 30s. I was running Buggy 7 over and over trying to get a sea horse to drop, but after about 30 runs, it's bedtime. I wound up with a little progress for my character levels, but nothing to call home about. Definitely going to wait for the seahorse island after today, heh.

Finally got the crab I needed for my Asura Zoro. Shew, so much stronger now.

Anyone else pumped up by that Mihawk video? I'm going to do nothing but use the Alvida stage to pump up my Arlong's level as much as possible going forward. Can't wait to try to get a Mihawk.

bjork

Finally got the crab I needed for my Asura Zoro. Shew, so much stronger now.

Anyone else pumped up by that Mihawk video? I'm going to do nothing but use the Alvida stage to pump up my Arlong's level as much as possible going forward. Can't wait to try to get a Mihawk.

Less pumped by that one and more impressed by the Vivi/Laboon one. Vivi, Laboon, and some penguins. I have no idea how long that fight actually took, but that's cool that there's a workaround for such hard-hitting attacks.

(I'm going arlong method too, yes)

Less pumped by that one and more impressed by the Vivi/Laboon one. Vivi, Laboon, and some penguins. I have no idea how long that fight actually took, but that's cool that there's a workaround for such hard-hitting attacks.

(I'm going arlong method too, yes)

The most impressive video is the Gear 3 Luffy one. In the last turn, the last Luffy alone did 400k+ damage to Mihawk. So basically, if you don't mess up your perfects and you have a way to give your Luffy a red orb when you need it (Chopper + Fire Pearl), you can defeat Mihawk and its 1 million HP in 2 turns.

30-stamina Viv/Labooni should take 2 hours according to the blog, so about 4 hours for 40-stamina.

KumaJG

The most impressive video is the Gear 3 Luffy one. In the last turn, the last Luffy alone did 400k+ damage to Mihawk. So basically, if you don't mess up your perfects and you have a way to give your Luffy a red orb when you need it (Chopper + Fire Pearl), you can defeat Mihawk and its 1 million HP in 2 turns.

30-stamina Viv/Labooni should take 2 hours according to the blog, so about 4 hours for 40-stamina.

I want to run my INT team for Mihawk but Force members seem mandatory. So I might just run my Arlong team with Alvida instead of Kuro for the damage reduction and she won't be useless against Mihawk like Kuro.

Hhmm a Gear 2 Luffy might be good too.

Luffy/Arlong/Alvida/RedDragon or Morgan/ God Usopp

Rixa

I had okish run in Alvida Island.

OPTCrewards.PNG
Question of course is, is Alvida worth the leveling & evolving?
This is funny game, I dont have any urge to spend my gems. I do have 100 character slots, I may later buy more room but not for now. This seems to be very F2P friendly game at the moment considering those what you get from fights as reward.

Top Bottom