• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh yeah...evolved Arlong, that took a while !!

Just got Helmeppo for his defense breaking ability but it looks like I will have to evolve him to get that? Getting rare drops right now sucks out more energy than triggering a wave of euphoria since leveling up is such a chore. Got smoker yesterday from loguetown and I haven't even touched him because I felt lethargic just thinking about how much I will have to farm to level and evolve him.

Gets a Top Tier unit and complains about the fact that he has to level the unit... lol.
Question of course is, is Alvida worth the leveling & evolving?

If she fit any of the teams you are planning on running...then yes. She is a Top Tier unit at this point in the game and will be useful in the future as well.

Man. I want to evolve my Alvida (level 49), but I was down to 400k belli so I've gotta dedicate my time to the weekend event. Alas.

I also feel like Alvida Elite has less teenage turtles than Buggy. I've probably gotten the babies three or four more times often. And when I do get the teenagers, they have not dropped anymore more often than I've gotten a drop. My luck is leaving me out to dry in that regard, hah.

Oh yeah...evolved Arlong, that took a while !!

Grats!

Jupiter

Here's my character list. Evolved Luffy to Gear 2 yesterday, now i'm focusing on getting Zoro to lvl 50 and evolved. 248,815,356

Hgfykvi.jpg

chrono01

Ugh! Damn you, blue pirate penguin. DAMN YOU!

It's so frustrating having my Ace ready to be evolved, but being short one evolution material. Seeing others with evolved Ace isn't helping matters. Not only that, but I'll want another one, since I need to evolve my Sanji too. :/

rmanthorp

So I'm fighting Tashigi to try and farm her but I've fought her twice and SCRAPED past. I get thru' the rest of the level ok but her boss fight is weird. Everyone is guarded? I don't fully understand the guard in this game. What is the best way to deal with Tashigi boss Chapter 10 of Loguetown??

So I'm fighting Tashigi to try and farm her but I've fought her twice and SCRAPED past. I get thru' the rest of the level ok but her boss fight is weird. Everyone is guarded? I don't fully understand the guard in this game. What is the best way to deal with Tashigi boss Chapter 10 of Loguetown??

Alright, just did a small test with the best team EVER:

Here's what I concluded:

• battles 1/7 to 6/7: The big marine guys have about 50-100 DEF, nothing major, the seahorse can deal 100+ damage with a perfect
  • battle 7/7: In the screenshot above, I just did a round where I did some damage to the PSY guy then unleashed Zoro's special. So that's basically the result of 12645 damage, and since Tashigi's type is QCK, she took 25290 damage. Ouch.
  • The seahorse can deal about 79 damage to her, so she does have about 100-150 DEF, nothing major.
  • Combining the two previous points, the conclusion is that she doesn't really have DEF but she has about 50,000 HP. That can take forever to get rid of if you're using the wrong units.
  • The two guys who didn't die in that screenshot actually have a pretty high def and somewhat decent HP (not 50k but much more than Alvida's 1k)
  • Attacked them for a few turns while Krieg's poison was into effect and it did kill them faster, so yeah their HP is not that high. As expected, the poison didn't do a dent to Tashigi's HP. Getting rid of 50k HP in batches of 333 will take forever.

Ferga

Will the Zoro manuals from alvida's island work on Asura Zoro?

Thinking of holding onto them but then i realised the manual is for 36 pound

linkent

My luck with drop is really so far so good. Less than 10 tries for zeff, koro, tashigi.
But that goddamn ship upgrade!!!! Failed again twice at 9colas. Stick stuck at level 7. It has failed for 6/7x 9colas now. Fug Drunk Usopp!!!

These turtle drop rates are driving me crazy. One teen turtle every 2-3 stamina bars is cruel.

BTW, don't waste Chopper's skill books on Brain Point, they don't work.

cw_sasuke

Man. I want to evolve my Alvida (level 49), but I was down to 400k belli so I've gotta dedicate my time to the weekend event. Alas.

I also feel like Alvida Elite has less teenage turtles than Buggy. I've probably gotten the babies three or four more times often. And when I do get the teenagers, they have not dropped anymore more often than I've gotten a drop. My luck is leaving me out to dry in that regard, hah.

Grats!

Thanks man.

And yeah turtles drop rate seems to be worse than with Buggy, shit we were spoiled before xD

Also was planning on evolving Alvida but considering how bad the turtle drops have been so far i might just concentrate on leveling Arlong for now.

BTW, don't waste Chopper's skill books on Brain Point, they don't work.

Oh that sucks - kinda hope it would still work since its the same active skill. Well cant have it all.

Also was planning on evolving Alvida but considering how bad the turtle drops have been so far i might just concentrate on leveling Arlong for now.

Aren't your main crews Fighter & QCK? Why did you hop on the Arlong train?

I already have 17 Arlong on my friend list, please don't be the 18th. xD

cw_sasuke

Aren't your main crews Fighter & QCK? Why did you hop on the Arlong train?

I already have 17 Arlong on my friend list, please don't be the 18th. xD

Well depending on how lucky i get with drops i work on multiple teams - i had a Slasher team ever since i got Arlong, but i had to level him.

I dont use the slasher team right now because the Fighter one is what i am accustomed to.

Enraged Arlong
Asura Zoro
Buggy the Clown
Mohji & Richie
Golden Pound Usopp
Friend Arlong

Thats it.

QCK team isnt getting much play right now because Ace is quite weak unevolved and it will take more time/effort to evolve him and i am missing subs like Tashigi, Kuro etc. to pull it off. Sanji was my only blue sub for the QCK team -.- Once we get Kuro Island and i evolve Ace i will be back...cant wait for it :-D

Rurunaki

Well depending on how lucky i get with drops i work on multiple teams - i had a Slasher team ever since i got Arlong, but i had to level him.

I dont use the slasher team right now because the Fighter one is what i am accustomed to.

Enraged Arlong
Asura Zoro
Buggy the Clown
Mohji & Richie
Golden Pound Usopp
Friend Arlong

Thats it.

QCK team isnt getting much play right now because Ace is quite weak unevolved and it will take more time/effort to evolve him and i am missing subs like Tashigi, Kuro etc. to pull it off. Sanji was my only blue sub for the QCK team -.- Once we get Kuro Island and i evolve Ace i will be back...cant wait for it :-D

Meanwhile, my Shanks is gathering dust because of the lack of PSY Island event.

Enraged Arlong
Asura Zoro
Buggy the Clown
Mohji & Richie
Golden Pound Usopp
Friend Arlong

Thats it.

I see. I agree building multiple teams is a smart thing to do. I have 3 great teams myself (PSY, INT, Vivi) but most of the units are Lv 20-30. Turtle Island can't come soon enough.

Meanwhile, my Shanks is gathering dust because of the lack of PSY Island event.
My Shanks is gathering dust too (Lv 37, I think), which is a shame because my PSY team is pretty awesome unit-wise. My Vivi still refuses to share the turtles with anyone.

Rurunaki

I see. I agree building multiple teams is a smart thing to do. I have 3 great teams myself (PSY, INT, Vivi) but most of the units are Lv 20-30. Turtle Island can't come soon enough.

My Shanks is gathering dust too (Lv 37, I think), which is a shame because my PSY team is pretty awesome unit-wise. My Vivi still refuses to share the turtles with anyone.

Feed that Vivi so I can use her for Mihawk hehehe :)

Feed that Vivi so I can use her for Mihawk hehehe :)

She's Lv 60 now, she'll become a princess soon-ish. :p

Actually, I have a Lv 48 5* Vivi friend but I don't plan to pull for strawhats v2 and I want to use Vivi/Zoro v2 instead of Vivi/Laboon (much faster) so I don't have a choice but to level up mine.

freed

Any good advice for getting arlong?? I replay the chapter about 50times but no luck until now -_-

But finish smoker fight yesterday and got him just one try :)

Wtf with drop rate in this game, is this pure luck to get certain drop ???

Majukun

Any good advice for getting arlong?? I replay the chapter about 50times but no luck until now -_-

But finish smoker fight yesterday and got him just one try :)

Wtf with drop rate in this game, is this pure luck to get certain drop ???
The only advice is 'pray your God if you have one'

Zero_IYAD

I've been farming for a Helmeppo for days.
I ran his stage almost 60-80 times, finally got the drop a few minutes ago!
That was a hellish experience, hope his defense break is worthy.

tumblr_nkw78xUneH1srgzyyo1_540.jpg

rmanthorp

Hmmm - thanks for the advice on Tashigi - I think overall my team is just 2 weak. I'm feeling a bit direction-less at the moment, or rather, I'm not sure what I should be going after...

Here's my current box - any advice on what teams I should be building. I've just been trying for QWK ever since I got Ace but IDK if I'm doing it right.

VO_TXyUu1g28BF5hTJeYfeTY-ICUm1M8sWwUk_BLZqs

qazqaNii

Is it worth evolving my miss.wednesday to a vivi carue, I mean first evolution has the better super :p.

And is red pirate penguins and zeff impossible to find? Í have done them for about 30+ rounds and none of them have been found so far. Im crying each time I kill any of them :(

Limit

I've been farming for a Helmeppo for days.
I ran his stage almost 60-80 times, finally got the drop a few minutes ago!
That was a hellish experience, hope his defense break is worthy.

tumblr_nkw78xUneH1srgzyyo1_540.jpg

Makes Alvida a cakewalk but you have to stall for 25 turns, which I didn't expect from a 3 star unit. This is same cooldown requirement as 5 star units.

@qazqaNii

Keep on farming. Took me a week for him to drop. He's worth it. But the moment Straw Hats v2 gatcha release date is confirmed I would stop farming for units like Zeff and simply play casually and then pull for gear 3 luffy with all the saved gems. Or reroll for gear 3 luffy if there aren't any good units in one's crew. Gear 3 luffy is outright game changer.

Salex_

Day 3 of my Arlong farming. I can't believe he still didn't drop. I guess this is payback for getting Zeff on my second try

Is there an expected release date for the Straw Hat Pirates v2 batch? I don't see anything about that on the blog. The temptation to use a rainbow gem or 2 to speed up this farming process is hard to resist when I have 26 of them.

qazqaNii

@qazqaNii

Keep on farming. Took me a week for him to drop. He's worth it. But the moment Straw Hats v2 gatcha release date is confirmed I would stop farming for units like Zeff and simply play casually and then pull for gear 3 luffy with all the saved gems. Or reroll for gear 3 luffy if there aren't any good units in one's crew. Gear 3 luffy is outright game changer.

Reroll at p-lvl 40+? Now the date hasn't been confirmed yet but, I will probably be P-LVL 50+ when they get released is it really a good idea to reroll then? Also just got a green pirate penguin when I was playing some story mode, not sure if the game is serious. I wanted a red one damnit.

bjork

30-stamina Viv/Labooni should take 2 hours according to the blog, so about 4 hours for 40-stamina.

holy balls. I don't even like being awake that long!

^ Quote the first post and you'll find a link to a Google Doc with all GAFfers' friend IDs.

@bjork: Your ID is invalid

Fixed, thanks for the heads up.:)

Also, this rerolling talk... I've not rerolled, but I assume you're starting over then, yes? You don't retain P-LVL or anything, right? I think I'll just cruise on with the guys I have and try rare recruits for the v2 SHs.

bjork

I tried to get Merry to 8 this morning and failed. But that's the first time I tried, so we'll see how it goes next time.

Limit

Reroll at p-lvl 40+? Now the date hasn't been confirmed yet but, I will probably be P-LVL 50+ when they get released is it really a good idea to reroll then? Also just got a green pirate penguin when I was playing some story mode, not sure if the game is serious. I wanted a red one damnit.

Like I said, assuming you don't have any good units by then and don't get anything good even after pulling for v2 straw hats gatcha. Gear 3 Luffy is ideal if you are playing an aggressive style but by no means the only great unit in that upcoming group. But if you get nada, zilch, then yes, rerolling is a smart choice.

Hmmm - thanks for the advice on Tashigi - I think overall my team is just 2 weak. I'm feeling a bit direction-less at the moment, or rather, I'm not sure what I should be going after...

Here's my current box - any advice on what teams I should be building. I've just been trying for QWK ever since I got Ace but IDK if I'm doing it right.

I'm getting a 403 error from your image. Are you sure that's a public link?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I've been getting the luck of the gods recently; got Arlong, Zeff, and Tashigi drops in one day! The same day!

1ZMrkdO.jpg

Baaaaallin'.

bjork

Got a friend request and when I went to add them, it said I was full. Got home and checked, like maybe 30 minutes later, two spots were open. I wonder who I lost, heh.

Gonna go to sleep with a new fancy pillow that hopefully fixes my neck issues. I'll leave Ace up for now if anyone needs an Ace.

Top Bottom