• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Fbh

How the hell do you beat Ch 2 in lougue town?. I can't beat Alvida, everyone just does 1 of damage per hit and she seems to have a TON of HP, I couldn't even take a 10th of her health before she killed me

bjork

How the hell do you beat Ch 2 in lougue town?. I can't beat Alvida, everyone just does 1 of damage per hit and she seems to have a TON of HP, I couldn't even take a 10th of her health before she killed me

I don't know if this is the right strategy, but I've been waiting until a guy has matching orbs, then I used him last in the combo. Usually he'll hit for more than 1 damage in that case.

She doesn't have a ton of HP, just a high defense, so if your team is weak you won't be able to do more than 1 damage per hit. Your options are:

• Using a DEF Breaker like Helmeppo, Plastic Surgery Sanji or one of these guys.
  • Use 4* Don Krieg to poison her and wait 'til she dies
  • Use fixed damage specials/TND like Diable Jambe Sanji
  • Finish your combo with a unit with high enough damage to surpass her DEF (a matching orb can help)

It's so tempting to do some rare recruits. Sense tells me to wait for an event or for better options. But the urge... oh lord the urge.

chrono01

It's so tempting to do some rare recruits. Sense tells me to wait for an event or for better options. But the urge... oh lord the urge.
Definitely wait. The game is handing out Rainbow Gems now because it's new, once it stops you'll want to have as many as you can for when "rate-up" events start [unless you're going to IAP].

I'm going to be tempted to use a few when the V2 Straw Hats are released, but I'm still waiting until a Sugoifest. When new units are released they don't have a rate-up, and I want to get the most out of my currency. I'm sitting at 62 Rainbow Gems and my inventory space at...75, I think it is. If I spend any more it'll be on upgrading my unit space further [to 100 or so].

Oh, Ace FINALLY evolved! Now I can get to work on finishing leveling Sanji to 50 so I can evolve him too. That second Blue Pirate Penguin was hell, so much spent stamina...

Rurunaki

Definitely wait. The game is handing out Rainbow Gems now because it's new, once it stops you'll want to have as many as you can for when "rate-up" events start [unless you're going to IAP].

I'm going to be tempted to use a few when the V2 Straw Hats are released, but I'm still waiting until a Sugoifest. When new units are released they don't have a rate-up, and I want to get the most out of my currency. I'm sitting at 62 Rainbow Gems and my inventory space at...75, I think it is. If I spend any more it'll be on upgrading my unit space further [to 100 or so].

Oh, Ace FINALLY evolved! Now I can get to work on finishing leveling Sanji to 50 so I can evolve him too. That second Blue Pirate Penguin was hell, so much spent stamina...

Where are you getting blue unit fodders?

Most I'm getting are purples.

chrono01

Where are you getting blue unit fodders?

Most I'm getting are purples.
I did the majority of my leveling for him during the previous event isle [Buggy] by feeding him big turtles. It's a lot of luck involved getting them to drop, though. You can go several runs [sometimes an entire stamina bar] and not have a single one. I also fed him the three Elder Turtles we've received so far.

It's a lot of XP involved. :/

Today I got ONE big turtle, yay! T_T

Congrats! That should feel so rewarding. :D Not looking forward to pirate penguin farming though, sounds awful.

On the topic of rare recruit, if you're pulling for Ace/Shanks then just wait for the sugofest when you'll have a chance to pull their 5* forms instead of the meh 4* ones.

ACSwift

download this from google play store and been playing for 2 weeks, now I get a google error for payment service not found. Anyone know how to fix this? T.T

chrono01

Congrats! That should feel so rewarding. :D Not looking forward to pirate penguin farming though, sounds awful.

On the topic of rare recruit, if you're pulling for Ace/Shanks then just wait for the sugofest when you'll have a chance to pull their 5* forms instead of the meh 4* ones.
Thanks, it's definitely a relief to have it finished. It's been a "work-in-progress" for a while now.

The pirate penguin farming is definitely a headache. It'll be a lot easier when it gets added to the penguin daily, but there's no telling how long that will. Your advice to wait until Sugoifest if you're going after Ace/Shank is a wise one, not only for the chance at a 5* but for the increased odds of pulling them too.

The pirate penguin farming is definitely a headache. It'll be a lot easier when it gets added to the penguin daily, but there's no telling how long that will.

By the time pirate penguins move to the daily island, they'll introduce this
f0303.png
new evolution unit which we'll have to farm in story mode. sigh

The pirate penguin farming is definitely a headache. It'll be a lot easier when it gets added to the penguin daily, but there's no telling how long that will. Your advice to wait until Sugoifest if you're going after Ace/Shank is a wise one, not only for the chance at a 5* but for the increased odds of pulling them too.

Is it bad that I'm almost thinking of waiting to switch to the iPhone, simply because of losing my fruits in this game?

chrono01

Is it bad that I'm almost thinking of waiting to switch to the iPhone, simply because of losing my fruits in this game?
Not at all.

Well, it depends on how much Rainbow Gems you have and whether you really need to upgrade/switch right now. I don't blame you for waiting, though. Those Rainbow Gems equate to real money, they're not to be tossed likely!

I know, virtual items and all that, but still worth money.

One thing i didn't know about sniperking was that his special also deals 15 x psy damage as well as the turn delay (despite it being 5 extra turns to activate it)

My common sense agrees with you. But that little guy on my shoulder tells me to say screw you. :p

Haha. I think it would be cool to have a Whitebeard but that's so far away I don't know if I want to wait that long. You should definitely upgrade your space though. I dunno how you're getting away with 75. I have 100 and I never have less than 80 spaces filled with upgrade materials- a healthy amount of each.

My common sense agrees with you. But that little guy on my shoulder tells me to say screw you. :p

Haha. I think it would be cool to have a Whitebeard but that's so far away I don't know if I want to wait that long. You should definitely upgrade your space though. I dunno how you're getting away with 75. I have 100 and I never have less than 80 spaces filled with upgrade materials- a healthy amount of each.

The sugofest is heeeere.

They want people to run out of gems before strawhats v2. :p

Double drop rates and half stamina sounds like fun, too. Also daily free gem. :D

The Ace we get here is 4* right? Or there are chance for 5*?
Gonna hold up till SH V2 if it is only 4*.

The promo shows his 5* artwork so it might be possible that they'll include the 5* one this time. They'll probably list all the units that got a rate up when the event starts (like they did with Baroque), and if not, just wait until someone else tries it.

BTW, the "color" rate up events will rotate according to Xystos, and the order should be: QCK, DEX, INT, PSY, STR, QCK and so on.

linkent

BTW, the "color" rate up events will rotate according to Xystos, and the order should be: QCK, DEX, INT, PSY, STR, QCK and so on.

Hmm that's good to know. Not too many member to fit Slasher team(except Mr. candle to replace Usopp for better damage but less turn.)

I wonder what team member is good for Luffy V2.
Guess it is all high damage dealer Arlong etc.

linkent

yeah. Fuck those pirate penguins.

I did the one to get the yellow one for like 20-25 times already and never got it.
This is why i dont regret evolving to Crab evolution for SH crew.
25x8 stamina = 200. Could be use for leveling at Alvida for ~15000 pirate exp and getting ~130000 gold and many fodder include Big Turtle.

On the topic of big turtles, don't use them anymore until the 17th, we have a double chance of getting a "super success" when powering up units.

I had a hard time getting the Red Crab to evolve my Luffy to 2nd Gear, now i'm having a hard time getting the blue pirate penguin to evolve Sanji. I've played Loguetown chapter 2 about 15 times and i can't seem to get him.

I had a hard time getting the Red Crab to evolve my Luffy to 2nd Gear, now i'm having a hard time getting the blue pirate penguin to evolve Sanji. I've played Loguetown chapter 2 about 15 times and i can't seem to get him.

i've played baratie 12 to get the green crab at least 18,000,000 times i think (rough estimate) and still haven't got that green crab to drop for my asura zoro

The sugofest is heeeere.

They want people to run out of gems before strawhats v2. :p

Double drop rates and half stamina sounds like fun, too. Also daily free gem. :D
Is this a thing for tomorrow, or a Japanese version deal?

Edit: Also... WOO. Just broke 1,000,000 belli. Gooo team! Also just got the notice. Previous question answered: It's for today.

chrono01

I'm glad to see an event start already. I already have Ace so my Rainbow Gems are safe, but great for those that don't!

The double drops/stamina could be interesting. I can't see myself farming for specific drops though, what with already having Zeff and Tashigi/Kuro having their own event islands soon. It might be nice trying to get a Red/Pirate Penguin to evolve my Luffy, though...

Tidd

They double up the drop rate for characters, too? So it's 0.2% instead of 0,1%? :D

And I won't use my gems for that. I already have Shanks and I doubt that the chance will be much higher to pull Ace. Instead they should have released the Straw Hats v2.

Well the only quick characters are Sanjis, Aces, Tashigis, Kuros, and Gins, right? But you also don't have a sure chance of getting them- just a 'better' one. Could still get a Coby for all you know.

I'm more curious about the double bonus island. I checked and the Stamina for each island was still the same so maybe I don't quite get how this works yet.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Congrats chrono01 - having 5* Ace already is a nice achievement, I will use him a lot. I think I have two 5* Aces in my friend list now.

*kills zeff*
*gold sparkles*
*eyes widen*
*bag of beri*
*jumps off bridge*
I feel for you, this is just the worst.. Got trolled a couple of times with this when farming for Kuro lol.

Only on story islands. Each day some islands will have bubbles on the map that indicates if they have "drop rate up", "double beli" or"half stamina". If an island doesn't show a bubble then nothing has changed.

Ah. Alright. Hope Loguetown will get it soon. Dont have the patience to play the same map over and over again and still wont get the penguins I need to evolve my Luffy, Tashigi and Usopp.

So what QCK characters are we looking at here? I'm guessing Ace is what people want the most. Any slashers?

4* Kuro is a great pull. He's be the best QCK slasher and will keep that title for a long time (until Rob Lucci, about 6 batches of Rare Recruits away). While we'll be getting his event after alvida, his 3* form requires level 70 (more than 1 million EXP) to evolve so pulling him is still worth it.

linkent

4* Kuro is a great pull. He's be the best QCK slasher and will keep that title for a long time (until Rob Lucci, about 6 batches of Rare Recruits away). While we'll be getting his event after alvida, his 3* form requires level 70 (more than 1 million EXP) to evolve so pulling him is still worth it.

Just realised Lucci is a Slasher while Kaku is Striker.
Should be the other way round.

Also, double drop rates etc.
When does this start? And how do i know on which island? I don't get it quite honestly.

Double droprate would be a good timing to farm zeff i guess.

March 10, midnight PST. Islands with a bonus will have a bubble next to them indicating what kind of bonus effect they got.

Oh, one more thing. While Bonus Time starts at midnight, the QCK rate up only starts at 19 :00 PST, don't pull too soon. When the event is live, the Baroque Works art will be replaced with Ace&co.

Top Bottom