• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone knows if we're gonna get some Pirate Penguin event in the near future?
I feel I've already wasted a couple hundred stamina to get the red one, and I've yet to complete Loguetown and properly start farming Alvida Elite (even tho it's an awful chore, as even with 2 Enraged Arlongs, I can't get to damage her for more than 1hp per hit), but I'd really really would like to evolve Rufy ASAP to free some space in my characters list.

I think they will be added to the Wednesday fusion material dungeons in the future. Dont know when it will happen in the western version though.

@N30RYU
Alright then, just exp wise Logue 12 is better than - but it also takes more time/effort imo.

Edit:
Well or not.

@chrono
Any luck yet with the blue pirate penguin ?

chrono01

I think you're going to want to double-check your equation.
Yeah.

For Loguetown [Chapter 12] you get 800XP for 12 stamina. That's 66.66XP [67XP, rounded up] for each stamina.

In comparison, Alvida Elite gives you 1200XP for 15 Stamina. That's 80XP per stamina, which is quite a bit better than Loguetown.

If you have no interest in farming XP turtles/Alvida/books, then Loguetown might be better. You still get decent XP, and a chance for Smoker to drop. But then, you could always wait until his event island to obtain him...

Personally, I'm farming pirate penguins now and, when I get what I need, I'm returning to farming Alvida Elite. It's a shame that her skill changes when she evolves, since any dupe you obtain is basically just XP fodder for her. I mean, you could keep extra and evolve them for a chance to increase her skill, but considering her max level is 50 [and requires quite a few materials to evolve] I'm not going to bother.

Copons

Supposedly there will be a higher difficulty penguin daily that starts later on where you can easily farm them. It's difficult to say when we'll get it, though. :(

I feel your pain, though.

I think they will be added to the Wednesday fusion material dungeons in the future. Dont know when it will happen in the western version though.

And all of a sudden it doesn't matter anymore!!

Ks3k70l.png

I feel so dumb now, because it was SO obvious.
All I had to do was harness the true power of mobile gaming: playing on the toilet bowl!

I'm going to have to find one of these defense breaker units because daaang chipping away at elite alvida ain't fun. It's not even hard, just tedious. Any recommended or should I just pump up a fodder unit as soon as I find one?

chrono01

I'm going to have to find one of these defense breaker units because daaang chipping away at elite alvida ain't fun. It's not even hard, just tedious. Any recommended or should I just pump up a fodder unit as soon as I find one?
Don Krieg's poison ability will three-shot Alvida. Bring God Usopp for his three turn stall ability and you've already won [just need to attack the weaker units]. Or you can use Diablo Jambe Sanji's special ability to one-hit KO her. It does a base 5k damage to all enemies, and since Alvida Elite only has 1k health, it destroys her.

RalchAC

And all of a sudden it doesn't matter anymore!!

I feel so dumb now, because it was SO obvious.
All I had to do was harness the true power of mobile gaming: playing on the toilet bowl!

I've actually got the Red Penguin yesterday. But I've spent all my money leveling up my >30 characters so I couldn't evolve him lol. This weekend the golden island is probably going to be the only place I visit.

Kuro stage in two weeks has blue turtles, right?

Don Krieg's poison ability will three-shot Alvida. Bring God Usopp for his three turn stall ability and you've already won [just need to attack the weaker units]. Or you can use Diablo Jambe Sanji's special ability to one-hit KO her. It does a base 5k damage to all enemies, and since Alvida Elite only has 1k health, it destroys her.
I have a few Don Krieg/Diablo Sanji friends, I should bring them along then. Already have God for turn stalling, but with Vivi on my side losing isn't really possible. I should try to evo my Sanji then.

Thanks for the tips chrono~ You help out so much on the two mobile games I play, haha. <3

chrono01

I have a few Don Krieg/Diablo Sanji friends, I should bring them along then. Already have God for turn stalling, but with Vivi on my side losing isn't really possible. I should try to evo my Sanji then.

Thanks for the tips chrono~ You help out so much on the two mobile games I play, haha. <3
Not a problem, happy to help.

Best of luck to you!

Pirate Penguined my crew

What's ViVi cost in its last evolution? Also 15?

Congrats! Dat TND team! 5* Vivi is a Princess, she can't possibly cost the same as B-tier pirates. She's gonna cost you 20 points, so you need 6 more P-LV for her to fit in your team.

I have absolutely no use for Gear 2 Luffy but I just evolved mine since I lucked out and got a red penguin when I did story mode.

Edit: Oh and it's war between you and me for the title of the first GAFfer with a 5* Vivi. >.>

Majukun

They are already ruining the game.. The drop rate for the turtles is now ridiculous .. I got only one since I begun farming... What's the point in playing if you don't obtain anything and you can't progress?

I know it's standard practice for this kind of games to give at the beginning and then try to starve you little by little as the game progresses to make you spend... But this game has so little content at the moment that the result is that you don't have anything productive to do with your stamina and less incentives to play in the first place

It's not like turtles are overpowered in the first place either.. At high levels at best you level up once with them

cw_sasuke

Yeah it sucks, but thats always the case with new evo material - at the beginning they are very tough to get but with more time passing there will be more options for obtaining them like from the weekday farming dungeons.

At this point, no one really needs to do a Pirate Penguin Evo to beat a quest, so they are trying to limit how quick some people can advance without having to orb for stamina. In addition to that the crab evolutions for the strawhats have a purpose as well, they might need more exp but you dont have to farm for pirate penguins. So it kinda evens out at the end depending on your luck.

Even without the Pirate drop you at least get somehow solid exp and fodder units - that wasnt the case with most earlier story quests.

RalchAC

Yeah it sucks, but thats always the case with new evo material - at the beginning they are very tough to get but with more time passing there will be more options for obtaining them like from the weekday farming dungeons.

At this point, no one really needs to do a Pirate Penguin Evo to beat a quest, so they are trying to limit how quick some people can advance without having to orb for stamina. In addition to that the crab evolutions for the strawhats have a purpose as well, they might need more exp but you dont have to farm for pirate penguins. So it kinda evens out at the end depending on your luck.

Even without the Pirate drop you at least get somehow solid exp and fodder units - that wasnt the case with most earlier story quests.

The big turtles drop has decreased? A shame if true. I see your point and while it may suck, I don't see how it is different than mmo progression. There is a point when you've cleared the content and you can only try to get marginally better, so you may be able to clear future stuff rather easily.

I'm not especially bothered by it. getting better units leveling them up, building a party for making future content easier (like a STR team for Mihawk), farming new units, and all that are what would give us an advantage compared to the new players.

LogicStep

What should I do with all my purple fodder and turtles? My Buggy is my highest level character at 43. Do I keep pumping them into him or get Nami up and running? Or feed them to my other characters? I feel like I'm wasting them when I don't feed the same color.

cw_sasuke

RalchAC,

Ouch now i feel stupid, for some reason i thought Majukun was talking about the Pirate Penguins and their drop rate.

I have to agree on the turtles, drop rate seems very low right now. But it was the same with Biggy for me on a couple of days as well. Just have to accept that leveling will be tough until we get dedicated Turtle EXP Islands.

What should I do with all my purple fodder and turtles? My Buggy is my highest level character at 43. Do I keep pumping them into him or get Nami up and running? Or feed them to my other characters? I feel like I'm wasting them when I don't feed the same color.

Maybe just keep them for your next good turtle character you get ? If you have the space for it.

I'd give them to any semi-future-proof unit, mainly DEX and PSY ones. The next few islands we're getting are gonna be QCK, STR and INT (in that order) so we're not gonna have green or yellow turtles anytime soon.

bjork

Your friend's list is full apparently :(

I see you in my list, you made it. :)

How do you guys manage your friend lists? I've just been checking occasionally to see who hasn't played in the longest, and remove those people. I just cleared up a few spots held by people who didn't play for a week or more.

855,634,738 if anyone else wants to jump in.

Also - I pulled Ace and Robin while I was at work this morning. Sanji seems to be an okay pick as a captain, but is Ace better? Robin will replace Nami, I think. But I can't decide on my blue crew.

Imo there's no point in unnecessary colormatching; I only do that for really good fodder or certain turtles (don't think I've ever even colormatched an elder turtle). Just give them to whoever you have that need them. It's not like the fodder is rare.

RalchAC

I try to match color when feeding my characters, but you shouldn't be afraid of using them on units that don't match the color. You get a lot of fodder units. Small turtles don't give much more EXP than current fodder either. You may want to save medium turtles, but we're getting a new INT extra island in a month or so. So you may be able to get more soon.

N30RYU

Any recomended stage with low sta cost and 10 fights to farm bottles?

What should I do with 7 fruits, a rare recruit? Just refill stamina or wait for the weekend special to refill and spend my stamina farming belli?

bjork

What should I do with 7 fruits, a rare recruit? Just refill stamina or wait for the weekend special to refill and spend my stamina farming belli?

Farming cola? I think it's too random of a drop to really farm with normal methods, isn't it?

As for the fruits, I'm gonna start sitting on mine until the Mihawk event. Just in case.

Save them for Mihawk, or at the very least wait until we get the Strawhats V2 batch. The daily free gem promotion is ending on March 10, so you need to use your gems pretty wisely.

Dunno for Cola, probably the second half of Arlong's Park.

qazqaNii

Does anyone know what the login streaks reward? I believe I did get 5k and tons of FP at login day 9. But now I am at 13 and I only get 500 beli. Anyone got a list or something?

Does anyone know what the login streaks reward? I believe I did get 5k and tons of FP at login day 9. But now I am at 13 and I only get 500 beli. Anyone got a list or something?

After the tenth day, you get three gems every five days. Everything else is so minor it's not even worth mentioning imo.

Well, I finally got the Green Pirate Penguin to drop for my Zorro evolution, but now I can't get a freaking Green Crab to drop. I've done nothing but farm the Crab stage all day. I've actually NEVER had one drop yet, even though I've had multiples of all the other Crabs. Ugh, stupid Zorro.

I just want to farm Alvida! I've got to catch up on my Arlong levels. Somebody here is up to Level 80 now.... =(

Damnit farming for seahorses are annoying, not annoying as farming for bosses but the fact that they can be a lower level seahorse is annoying ;___; I wanna evolve my Zoro

Woo, finally got a gold crab so I got God Usopp now.

Still not sure what kind of team I should be running now though. Tried with a Zoro team but the lack of good tech units coupled with the lack of exp for them basically made my team into a mismatch of whatever the hell I manged to get.

Majukun

Woo, finally got a gold crab so I got God Usopp now.

Still not sure what kind of team I should be running now though. Tried with a Zoro team but the lack of good tech units coupled with the lack of exp for them basically made my team into a mismatch of whatever the hell I manged to get.

the best captains at the moment are zeff,arlong,shanks and ace..

for the alvida island I'm running with a double zeff team with diable jambee sanji that oneshot her..but you can also use an arlong team and bruteforce through her defense

shanks and ace are rare recruit only..so you can't farm them

qazqaNii

So I've gotten 4 fat alvidas, is it possible to get multiple skill lvls if I feed them all at once to another alvida? Also does the skill upgrade follow when I evolve her later on?.

So I've gotten 4 fat alvidas, is it possible to get multiple skill lvls if I feed them all at once to another alvida? Also does the skill upgrade follow when I evolve her later on?.

First: yes. Second: if the evolution has the exact same ability; I believe so. I think it's rare though.

Yes you can, I got two skill up when fusing 6 Buggy's together once. Skill level resets for Alvida though post-evolution and feeting fat Alvida to the Smooth one won't give you a skill up.

Vivi is only useful for a handful of 24-h raid bosses. Both her strategies (Vivi/Laboon and Vivi/Tank Zoro) fall on their face as soon as you're facing multiple ennemies. She's not a great unit by herself, but she'll help you get multiple excellent ones starting with Mihawk.
BTW I got a 5* Vivi friend today so I might just stop leveling up mine and focus on someone else.

Xeroblade

Can someone tell me a method to get the green pirate penguin!? Do I have to not be trying to farm him? thats the key right? guyyyyyyyyys?

Can someone tell me a method to get the green pirate penguin!? Do I have to not be trying to farm him? thats the key right? guyyyyyyyyys?

Grind on the toilet. Seems to be working for many people!

Unrelated, I normally have Enraged Arlong as my captain. I get maybe like 8 people using him every night. I switched to Don Krieg for a couple days to see if people would like that for Alvida. Only 2 used. Here I thought I was doing a good deed.
:p

bjork

I might pass on Don Kreig. Been farming him the past 2-3 days and still no luck.

I'm thinking it's a good stage aside from that, though. One variation has a green, red, and blue turtle that can drop, and the other variation has three different seahorses. So if you're hunting one of those (I need like three of the one seahorse for evolutions) and you might also get Krieg to drop, it's not a total waste.

Man, I got the weirdest Alvida Elite stage I've ever had. Round 1+2 were normal. Round 3 was a teenage turtle and a fodder guy. Round 4 was a Coby. Round 5 was the monster Shanks scared off. Round 6 had a fodder and the guy stuck in the chest. Round 7 was Alvida all by herself with a counter of 4 turns.

Not only was that set full of weird mixes, but things were out of order too i.e. turtles are normally round 4 I believe. I did another one and it was standard, but man was that one set freaky.

bjork

Got my errands done for the day, so now it's time to work on getting Zoro to Asura and Luffy to Gear 2. Luffy is max and I just need two evolvers, Zoro is 33 and I need the same two evolvers. I'm guessing like 60ish runs before I have them both done.

Got my errands done for the day, so now it's time to work on getting Zoro to Asura and Luffy to Gear 2. Luffy is max and I just need two evolvers, Zoro is 33 and I need the same two evolvers. I'm guessing like 60ish runs before I have them both done.

Asura is going to be the death of me, I just know it. Freaking Green Crab.

You're guessing I hit Veteran by mistake?

... It's possible. I've done all three just for the free fruit, but I don't remember that particular order happening twice.

Well Alvida is alone in Veteran, not in Elite. The Sea King and Gaimon are secret bosses that can randomly appear on any stage, so they just replaced the crab stage and whatever comes before it.

Top Bottom