• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Majukun

any way to learn how good ryuma's special really is?how random it is?..it seems to have an insanely long cooldown..so it's a powerful one?

EDIT:by the way,brook at lv 50..tomorrow i'll get a dragon and evolve him...tomorrow we also have the blue turtle time and i have already 20 evolved blue penguins ready..but i still can't decide who to level up since we are not sure what team would work with blackbeard

i have

ace lv 95
brook lv 0
HW zoro lv 57
HW nami lv 57
ivankov lv 45
hina lv 73
ms valentine lv 50
kaku lv 79
kuro lv 55
tashigi lv 43

who to give them to?

chrono01

Which units do you have? How is your Slasher team? A 2x Mihawk team with the Coffin Ship should be able to clear it with some high level subs.

Using Jozu (Fr) + Ace (Cpt) should be better than 2x Jozu, since he can silence your own captain.

I think a team with Jozu (Fr), Ace, Lucci, Kaku, Brook and maybe H. Zoro at high levels should be able to do it TBH.
I have a decent Slasher team [including a max skill Mihawk], but no Coffin Ship. I know I could probably get it, since I have the default G3/G3, Arlong, Mihawk, Alvida/Smoker, and GP Usopp setup, I just haven't gotten around to it. :/

For my QCK units, I do have Ace [as previously mentioned], as well as Lucci, Kaku, and Halloween Zoro. I should have Brook momentarily, assuming RNG doesn't hate me and he drops from his event island. I might just go with this team, along with a Jozu friend. Look good to me, thanks!

Majukun

I heard you won't be able to without a gem since Doffy isn't available atm. Maybe it's possible if you have max level and some quick slasher.
there's a video where it's showed.. but it's all. max level guys and don't know if it's reliable.. problem is I have to decide before the blue turtle time...

Kyou

I'm just hoping I can fudge my way through 30 stamina a couple times to get Blackbeard

also hooray Ryuuma. Not as strong as I was hoping for but it's still an increase over Vivi

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Hmm...doesnt look like Jozu teams will have too much trouble with BB even with mostly farmable subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94voAnpgFiM

Sure the run takes a but more time but it seems to be quite a solid team unless get orb trolled non stop. Dont even need Kaku or any other kind of burst. Brooks healing skill is helpful though.

If you go with Ace/Jozu instead you should end up with around 30-35k HP. Which means you need Kaku for the final Burst.
Well this is reassuring. I have all of those characters at MAX (except Brook) and he had a super inefficient run. Seems like a lock.

I don't get how Thatch teams get through it though. They can't stall too much and BB deals a bunch of damage. Guess they have to burst and pray? Maybe with a Boa, Capone, Kaku and Hina subs they could maybe get there. You would have had to hit the QCK lottery though.

RalchAC

Going to farm turtles like a mad man today. I don't mind using a bunch of gems. I'll level up Lucci, Ace and H. Zoro to max, maybe Hina too, and I'll use the boosters from the Fortnight in Brook. His heal looks really useful. My QCK team is going to do some Rocky-like training.

Well this is reassuring. I have all of those characters at MAX (except Brook) and he had a super inefficient run. Seems like a lock.

I don't get how Thatch teams get through it though. They can't stall too much and BB deals a bunch of damage. Guess they have to burst and pray? Maybe with a Boa, Capone, Kaku and Hina subs they could maybe get there. You would have had to hit the QCK lottery though.

Thatch greatly increases the chance of getting Blue orbs. I guess you could do it with him and an orb shuffler like Ivankov.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah, to me, that was always the better part of her ability. Having the blind heal on there was just gravy. So even the nerfed version on global is still good, in my opinion.

Too bad I got like one skill level on her. :( Man, Halloween pt2 was just bad luck for me, on both skill ups and drop rates. The only thing I made out well on was Marco books.

Ah that sucks to hear - for me it was the other way around Halloween pt 1 i didnt get many skillups on my Strawhats while part 2 was quite good with maxing Zoro and Robin.

Yeah same here - the only thing we can play around with would be teaming up with Ace Captain and see how it improved the clear time without being to risky. But even so...around 5 minutes per run seems possible.
Going to farm turtles like a mad man today. I don't mind using a bunch of gems. I'll level up Lucci, Ace and H. Zoro to max, maybe Hina too, and I'll use the boosters from the Fortnight in Brook. His heal looks really useful. My QCK team is going to do some Rocky-like training.
Are we getting blue turtles today ? I thought the order was str - dex - qck - psy - int.

RalchAC

Ah that sucks to hear - for me it was the other way around Halloween pt 1 i didnt get many skillups on my Strawhats while part 2 was quite good with maxing Zoro and Robin.

In the end I decided to use my Zoros even without skill up. Got him to 13 CD which is not bad at all.

The last few days I got more lucky with Robin too, I think he is at 14 CD. Sanji maxed and Brook at 19 turns.

Good enough. I'll try to get some extra ups next time their island comes.

Yeah same here - the only thing we can play around with would be teaming up with Ace Captain and see how it improved the clear time without being to risky. But even so...around 5 minutes per run seems possible.

5 minutes per run means around 10 runs per hour which means 6 hours for 60 copies? That's a lot of time lol.

Are we getting blue turtles today ? I thought the order was str - dex - qck - psy - int.

I dunno, I'll tell you in a few hours.

cw_sasuke

5 minutes per run means around 10 runs per hour which means 6 hours for 60 copies? That's a lot of time lol.

I dunno, I'll tell you in a few hours.

Yeah but thats 6 hours spread to multiple events i dont plan on getting them all on day 1 - i dont have the time nor the box space for that heh. We will have to farm him again anyway once the Socket update hits so it makes sense to finish him off when he comes back in the future.

I like BB as a unit and will max him at some point but from the upcoming Raids only Doffy and Zephyr (because Marco Burst team) are the ones i would attempt to farm that much on day 1. Also from what i have read once we get Sockets the Blackbeard Raid will be a lot easier.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
remember that the jozu run has all characters at Lv 99

Another thing to note is that Killer has a SPLV at MAX. Unless I counted wrong, that video shows his special being used on turn 32 for the damage of 144,900. That run looked like it took to the very last turn to beat him. Granted even if you have gem once to continue, Blackbeard as a unit is worth it for that single copy.

linkent

As much as i would like to have him, dont think it is worth it to gem for him.
He is only useful as captain with max skill afaik.
Not to mention his ship is still far away.

By the time he returns, we will have Enel which will make this event much easier. As well as sockets.

pelicansurf

Another thing to note is that Killer has a SPLV at MAX. Unless I counted wrong, that video shows his special being used on turn 32 for the damage of 144,900. That run looked like it took to the very last turn to beat him. Granted even if you have gem once to continue, Blackbeard as a unit is worth it for that single copy.
Isn't Killer's un-buffed cool down at like 32 or something? Mines in the mid-high 20s, so that should be good enough.

Majukun

any new info about possible 40 stamina teams for blackbeard?
i have tons of elders blue turtle but i don't know who to level up

bjork

I got my Ryuuma on my 2nd run.

I already got 2 Ryuma encounters. Sorry for stealing yours. :(

Well good for you guys! :(

Heh. He'll come eventually, I had a late arrival for the Sanji dog, too. When he does show up, I have a ton of his books, so at least there's that.

Question: can Brook drop twice on the stages where he shows up twice? He has dropped a book every time for me on the first one.

RalchAC

Do you guys think we'll get a Sugofest the day before Blackbeard?

The colour rate up changes on November 17th and Blackbeard raid is on November 18th. It looks quite likely IMO.

Considering how stressed some people is about Blackbeard sounds like a good way to grab some people's money.

Ryuuma is still hiding. I only need the one copy, game!

Same for me. We're playing hide and seek and he's won so far :p

35, it's ridiculously high without extra levels.

I have mine at level 31 since I didn't farmed much Absalom, which TBH, was like the most boring Fortnight I've played so far, I don't know why. Brook isn't anything special, but at least he is a useful unit and I want a Ryuma for my lovely Slasher team.

I may not max him after all. It doesn't look like much people is doing it, and you're right about slots. Considering the pace at which updated have been introduced, we may get them during late December or early January

I'll try to farm at least for 8-9 skill ups. Max skilling a raid boss in one sitting is exhausting and impossible if you have classes or anything other than the game.

Geez, Ace is such a freaking EXP sink. I started at level 56 this morning and just barely got him to Level 90 after the turtle time. That was with 4.75 full stamina runs too, with pretty decent Elder luck.

It's looking less and less likely that I'll be able to successfully farm Blackbeard. Sucks, because I've really been looking forward to getting him. Maybe I can figure something out...

Majukun

only one unit left to max kaku
i might go back to brook's FN aftter this..marco's skillbook's droprate is abysmal in lucci's stage anyway..just one since i started..also i might wanna level up a bit brook's and ryuma's skill

ef1dbe205beb78f6340d55a6feab789b.png

in the end i might go with the half-sengoku team for teach...but still have to find any confirmation that it actually works as advised...only change it will be hw zoro instead than the second ace (since the sengoku will hopefully be a friend one..although i don't know if i have any on the friend list)

sadly i will probably not be able to use zoro's skill during the duel..i only have him at lv 2 and i want to wait till the 2x skillup event to use the ones i have in the storage

i will also probably avoid farming teach until we get sockets and whatnot..although starting now if possible would be good since he has a lot of skillups to do.

Kyou

I'm just gonna go with Ace/Killer/Lucci/Kaku/Capone with a friend Jozu. I just want to get BB, not farm him. I figure that should be good enough to just tank through the 30 stamina one a few times.

Majukun

I'm just gonna go with Ace/Killer/Lucci/Kaku/Capone with a friend Jozu. I just want to get BB, not farm him. I figure that should be good enough to just tank through the 30 stamina one a few times.

well,yeah,for the 30 stamina the run of the mill jozu+ace team should be enough...but i have horrible luck so i don't want to run 30 stamina if there's the risk he doesn't drop at all...better to do a 40 stamina ,,even with a gem for a recharge..athough if i go with the intent of recharging,a double jozu team would actually be better,since it just barely doesn't make it

here there are a bunch of ideas but none of these teams are verified..in fact soe of the ones proposed don't really work as we have seen on other videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKc4YVzyRlc

that of course if they didn't change the stats on blackbeard compared to japan

EDIT:i was thinking..what about a jozu+whitebeard team?would it work?

Heng

well,yeah,for the 30 stamina the run of the mill jozu+ace team should be enough...but i have horrible luck so i don't want to run 30 stamina if there's the risk he doesn't drop at all...better to do a 40 stamina ,,even with a gem for a recharge..athough if i go with the intent of recharging,a double jozu team would actually be better,since it just barely doesn't make it

here there are a bunch of ideas but none of these teams are verified..in fact soe of the ones proposed don't really work as we have seen on other videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKc4YVzyRlc

that of course if they didn't change the stats on blackbeard compared to japan

EDIT:i was thinking..what about a jozu+whitebeard team?would it work?
It would allow you to stall longer, but it really depends on who you bring. WB will not get the buff from Jozu and sitting at 30% health is pretty iffy if you don't bring a damage reduction unit (is there even a quick unit with that?).

Alright, so I think I've got a team figured out. This is based off of a post on the Facebook group, so I can't take much credit for it, but I did tweak it a little and run it through my calculator to verify that it works. Before it required some luck with orbs, but this is a little more consistent.

Here Is The Team

Cooldown Requirements:
Mihawk (both): 18 Turns
Brook: 19 Turns

Stage 1: Stall 2 Turns - No damage
Stage 2: Stall 6-7 Turns - Take 1 hit from the Lobster (2,652 damage). The Lobster only has 18 HP (5 Turns with 4 combo), so make sure you spread some of the hits to the Turtles.
Stage 3: Stall 2 Turns - No damage
Stage 4: Stall 2 Turns - No damage. Go Mihawk > Brook (1st Elder Dead) > Mihawk (2nd Elder Dead) > Lucci (Red Minion Dead) > Mr. 1 (Green Minion Dead) > Zoro (Blue Minion Dead). Although the Elder seahorses have 8HP, we can still kill the second one, as long as we hit all three perfects, because we'll have the damage to overcome its Defense.

Total Turns: 12-13 (we will assume 12)

Blackbeard:
Turn 1: 201,778
Turn 2: 201,778
Turn 6: 201,778 - Note, this is an important Turn. If you did 201,778 every turn, then Blackbeard will be sitting at 53% HP after this attack, which means we won't get silenced. If you have gotten matching orbs at any point during the past few turns, then you may want to intentionally get a Great hit at some point here, just so you don't go past the 50% mark.

Turn 7: 201,778 + Both Mihawk Specials
Turn 8: 252,222 = Mr. 1 AND Brook specials
Turn 9: 32,272
Turn 10: 201,778 - Feel free to use any burst specials you have at this point (Zoro/Lucci).

And there you have it. The big downsides to this team are the level requirements, and the precision in hitting Perfects that is required. This last part can easily be remedied by a few key matching orbs, but it could also go the other way with some non-matching orbs. Thankfully, I've assumed that Lucci gets locked instead of Zoro. If Zoro gets locked, then we will do more damage each turn and will do about 45k more damage at the end with Lucci's special, which relaxes the requirements a bit.

I know it's not perfect, but I feel like it's one of the first teams where we have pretty solid proof that it actually works. Feel free to prove me wrong (no really, please), but I feel pretty good about it.

Now to farm a crap ton of QCK turtles tonight...

RedBoot

Alright, so I think I've got a team figured out. This is based off of a post on the Facebook group, so I can't take much credit for it, but I did tweak it a little and run it through my calculator to verify that it works. Before it required some luck with orbs, but this is a little more consistent.

Here Is The Team

Cooldown Requirements:

LOL, I'm actually more worried about getting Brook down to 19 turns than getting all those guys to a high enough level (especially since the first five Brook copies I used got me nada on the skill level).

I'd have to get a bunch of levels for Brook, Lucci, and H.Zoro, but I might be able to pull this one off. Mihawk and Mr.1 are ready to go already.

ElChado

Neo Member
As much as i would like to have him, dont think it is worth it to gem for him.
He is only useful as captain with max skill afaik.
Not to mention his ship is still far away. .

Unless i missed the log raft getting released on japan, the ship people use with blackbeard is the marine ship everyone on global has, sometimes people use whitebeards ship with a healer if the stages require that attack boost to get past, but it's usually the marine ship since it gives 1.5xhp at max level.

LOL, I'm actually more worried about getting Brook down to 19 turns than getting all those guys to a high enough level (especially since the first five Brook copies I used got me nada on the skill level).

I'd have to get a bunch of levels for Brook, Lucci, and H.Zoro, but I might be able to pull this one off. Mihawk and Mr.1 are ready to go already.

We are basically in the exact same boat. My Mihawk and Mr. 1 are good to go. My Zoro is at 83, Lucci is at 74, and Brook is unevolved at 46. I'm going to have to really hit this next QCK turtle time hard and, even then, I'll probably have to supplement with Elders from the remaining Turtle times as well.

And yeah, Brook's special is definitely scary. I'm going to farm him like crazy though, so we will see. I really have no other team that is remotely good enough to farm Blackbeard, so I'm just going to let it roll on this one.

Unless i missed the log raft getting released on japan, the ship people use with blackbeard is the marine ship everyone on global has, sometimes people use whitebeards ship with a healer if the stages require that attack boost to get past, but it's usually the marine ship since it gives 1.5xhp at max level.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. I started upgrading mine a while back and only need one more upgrade for max.

RedBoot

We are basically in the exact same boat. My Mihawk and Mr. 1 are good to go. My Zoro is at 83, Lucci is at 74, and Brook is unevolved at 46. I'm going to have to really hit this next QCK turtle time hard and, even then, I'll probably have to supplement with Elders from the remaining Turtle times as well.

And yeah, Brook's special is definitely scary. I'm going to farm him like crazy though, so we will see. I really have no other team that is remotely good enough to farm Blackbeard, so I'm just going to let it roll on this one.

My levels are close to that (Brook's evolved and in the 40s, but Zoro is 70 and Lucci 60). My issue is that I was planning on doing more Lucci runs this week for Marco books and Kaku copies, while using any turtles or fodder for leveling. If I want to boost Brook's skill level, then I pretty much have to run his level all the time. 5 skill levels is going to take 25-35 copies with average luck.

Might have to just focus on Marco books now (I think getting him maxed will be more useful in the long run) and just wait to farm Blackbeard on a 2nd or 3rd appearance. I'd probably need to do that anyway. I'll still throw whatever I end up with at 40stam to see how it does, though.

Kumo

Darn, I forgot turtle time was today. So much for getting a QCK team ready for BB. :(

I decided to try one pull for the sakura event seeing as how these limited RR events don't seem to come around too often and I got Sakura Nami!

Also, PLVL 201 finally! \o/

Brook's fortnight drops too many damn pigs! Not that I'm opposed to the idea of getting pig drops or don't want to run blue turtles, which I did, but the isle doesn't want to drop you any material to evolve them for the rate at which they give you them. I had to run half stamina penguin isle a bunch yesterday to no real success and then switched to farming half stamina Fuschia Villiage today. I evolved 15 of them and maxed my Ivankov and got evolved Brook to 50. Grinding for story drops was more fun than this.

Majukun

Brook's fortnight drops too many damn pigs! Not that I'm opposed to the idea of getting pig drops or don't want to run blue turtles, which I did, but the isle doesn't want to drop you any material to evolve them for the rate at which they give you them. I had to run half stamina penguin isle a bunch yesterday to no real success and then switched to farming half stamina Fuschia Villiage today. I evolved 15 of them and maxed my Ivankov and got evolved Brook to 50. Grinding for story drops was more fun than this.

run the first stage of usopp island
it has both baby turtles and baby seahorses in it,and today is 2x drop

Tidd

First turtle time result: (thanks to Cloggerdude for the BB guide that helped me to decide which QCK units I should level up)

Lucci from 85 to 98 (missing EXACTLY 1 exp ;) )
H. Zoro from 60 to 99
and Brook from 50 to 57

Still have 55 baby turtles left, which I can use for pigs.

Jayhawk

Forgot about my first hour of blue turtle times. /o.o\

Oh well, most of my blue units are 80+ already. Hopefully I can get Boa to 90+ later.

First turtle time result: (thanks to Cloggerdude for the BB guide that helped me to decide which QCK units I should level up)

Lucci from 85 to 98 (missing EXACTLY 1 exp ;) )
H. Zoro from 60 to 99
and Brook from 50 to 57

Still have 55 baby turtles left, which I can use for pigs.

Glad to be of service! Also, it's good to see that you were able to get those kind of results from just one turtle time. Makes me more optimistic about my chances.

If only I hadn't wasted my first Turtle time on Ace....ugh.

RedBoot

If only I hadn't wasted my first Turtle time on Ace....ugh.

Yeah, that's why I've mostly focused on characters that max at 3 million, much easier. Ace and Shanks are kind of weird in their stat totals and abilities, really. Must be a consequence of being made so early on in the game.

Here's the Blackbeard "Battle Simulator" spreadsheet:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9mAY_aRRkLZNmtFYWF0aGxBakU/view?usp=sharing

It's not exactly finished, because it doesn't automatically adjust your HP when you get silenced and you're using a 2x HP Captain. You'll just have to manually adjust your HP when silenced. I've fought with it for the last few days and I'm just done. I may come back to it once I've had a few days to unwind.

Other than that, it works great! If you want to see the calculations for the Mihawk team I made in my post above, just right click and unhide the tab.

linkent

Think you are right, i remember seeing a thread that mention a boat name, not just marine ship.
But maybe that is just the marine ship name >.<
Sure nice seeing that 150k ho beating doffy.

RedBoot

Think you are right, i remember seeing a thread that mention a boat name, not just marine ship.
But maybe that is just the marine ship name >.<
Sure nice seeing that 150k ho beating doffy.

I think Ace's ship would work for him as well, assuming you only use shooters. But the marine ship's more versatile, since you can use anyone.

In other news, farming a lot of Lucci. I'm pretty sure Lulu has the highest spawn chance for hidden bosses. Also, I'm only seeing Lucci himself drop Gin and Flame Fist Ace skill books. Lame.

Kyou

both my turtle times today went really well, though I ended up spending 4 gems

feel really good about my team for blackbeard though

pelicansurf

So I maxed Ace and Sanji (lv. 75 / lv. 52 to start with) and got Brook to lv. 70. Paired with Max Killer, Jozu, Jinbe, and Kaku, I should be able to put Blackbeard down. Maybe even farm him.

Thanks for the write up Clog, after reading your post I went hard on my blue TTs: H.Zoro to 99, Brook to 89 and Lucci to 96. My Mihawk is already Max/Max too, so I'll prob use some of my Green/Yellow TTs on Mr. 1 (45 atm) and then be set on levels.

What I really need to worry about is getting Brook's CD low enough (only CD 23 atm).

cw_sasuke

Here Is The Team

Cooldown Requirements:
Thanks for the Guise looking really good. Only problem for me is the required Brook CD for his active. This mean you will have to non stop play his Fortnight and you still might get screwed on RNG with skillups. Turtle Times have been getting all my Stamina these past days so my Brook is still S.lvl 1...getting 5-6 skillups in a couple of days outside of 2x skillup event will be tough.

I have all other used unit though. Guess i will have to decide...going for Marco Books/Kaku or hedging all hope on Brook and getting him skilled up.

Copons

I may have asked it already a dozen of times, but apparently it just won't stay bookmarked: what was the Japanese site with all info and stuff?

I'd like to come up with a viable strategy for Blakbeard with Boa captain (the usual strategy sites don't feature it at all), but the more I think about it, the more it feels a bad idea, considering she'll lose her bonus pretty quickly.

RalchAC

PSY rate up it seems.

I may have asked it already a dozen of times, but apparently it just won't stay bookmarked: what was the Japanese site with all info and stuff?

I'd like to come up with a viable strategy for Blakbeard with Boa captain (the usual strategy sites don't feature it at all), but the more I think about it, the more it feels a bad idea, considering she'll lose her bonus pretty quickly.

Gamewith. But when I want to give it a look I go to the OPTC subreddit since they have it in useful links.

Doesn't Boa have a healing special?

Copons

PSY rate up it seems.

Gamewith. But when I want to give it a look I go to the OPTC subreddit since they have it in useful links.

Doesn't Boa have a healing special?

Dang Reddit, I totally forgot about it. Thanks!

And yes, she does have a healing special, but I'm not smart enough to figure out if it's enough to keep her viable.
I'd need to add both Marco and Brook, but mine are way underskilled, and on top of that I need Usopp max skilled for the seahorse round. :/

Top Bottom