• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

I finally have 30 Kaku and will start farming Brook Island for Ryuma. Smoker is coming in a few days but I won't have any room to keep him until the next skill up so I'll use whatever I get. Since socket might be coming soon to global and due to the lack of box space, I won't farm Blackbeard and farm him when he comes around again.

Good luck to those who are going to farm him.

Have you really filled 500 slots!?

bjork

I haven't even jumped to 500 yet. I'm still at like 320 or something. I just needed a little breathing room.

Then I thought, "hey, I still have some gems, let's try to roll one of these Sakura characters." Vista dropped, who I already have.

Then I thought, "hey, he could skill up if I feed him to himself." So I did just that, no skill up. Also since he's like level 90, feeding that copy did little to even nudge his exp bar.

The grand line is a harsh place.

RedBoot

I haven't even jumped to 500 yet. I'm still at like 320 or something. I just needed a little breathing room.

Then I thought, "hey, I still have some gems, let's try to roll one of these Sakura characters." Vista dropped, who I already have.

Then I thought, "hey, he could skill up if I feed him to himself." So I did just that, no skill up. Also since he's like level 90, feeding that copy did little to even nudge his exp bar.

The grand line is a harsh place.

I've actually got an extra Vista (and a Princess Vivi) sitting in my box, waiting for sockets. Not sure if it's worth the effort, but then getting a small XP boost to either of those characters isn't going to do much either. :p

Although I guess Vivi will be easy enough to socket up when that Alabasta Kids fortnight comes out.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Shit just realized that Lucci/Marco is about to end...i farmed the stage a lot and didnt get a single skillup on Kaku, thats kinda disappointing. In general i feel like the last couple days were quite bad in term of progress... well i got Ryuma so its not all bad.

bjork

So, completely unrelated, but I've been playing Drift Spirits and wanted to talk about the way their events work. It makes me really appreciate OP having the transponder snails and the potential for a stamina overflow. Here's the gist:

Your stamina is in the form of fuel, which goes up by leveling and adding friends. Raising your car's affinity level by using it often can lower the amount of fuel required per race, and there's also a car part you can install to lower it greatly, which can be upgraded. You feed parts to other parts, like your team members in many other games.

Each race requires x amount to go. My current fuel is 2360, and my car requires 451 per race, so I can crank out 4 races per bar without waiting for it to refill. But when you race a boss character, it requires 2x fuel, which is 902 in my case. So I can do two of those and then I need to wait.

You can refill your fuel with tanks that either refill a half-tank, or an entire tank. But those are infrequent rewards for races, so they are nice enough to let you buy them for real money (I haven't let myself do this yet, heh.) It also refills over time, to the tune of 10 fuel per minute, or 600 per hour.

So right now, there's an Initial D event where you can race against those characters, and their cars are potential drops. But they don't just appear. First you need to do a race of any sort, then an Initial D person will come out. The first one is Takumi. In order to get past him, you need to beat him in 3 forms: regular, determined, and... I think it's called fired up. The first few races are against the regular form, then the determined one, then there's a random race in that slot against one of three girl allies you have (this lets you get an item, one of which is a half-tank refill), then if you're lucky, the fired up version comes out. So you're talking at least five races against the character, or at least this is how it seems to work. There don't seem to be many good resources for this game around, so this is just my experience.

But where they get you is, it's timed. Not like "turtle time is for 1 hour" or "brook is here for 14 days." You win an event race, and then it says a specific time until it expires. So like right now, I have until 13:58 to race this dude with a yellow RX-7, in his determined form. If I miss it, it resets. I don't think it resets to the first character, because I'm on the second one, but it will reset to the initial version you race. It feels like a way to manipulate you into buying gas, but I won't! You won't get me, game!

So I guess what I'm saying is, pulling a stamina restore in OPTC is a pretty great thing and other games should adopt this.

[edit - it recharged to 902 at exactly 1:58. I beat the guy, now the next race is another 902, but it times out in 30 minutes. Sorry, game. Not gonna sucker in.]

Uggggggg, I ran 15 STA Brook 10 times and got 1 Poster, 7 Books (mostly Laboon) and 2 nothing drops. I'm just going to stick with 30 STA.

Laaaaame. Sorry buddy. I've been having some bad luck today too. Not sure if 15 Stamina really is crappy, or if they're both crappy and it just comes in waves.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So I got Brook to level 96 today and will get him maxed tomorrow. I basically had the option of maxing him or Blamenco today, but due to Blackbeard, decided to go with Brook. (Pigs will get him there tomorrow)

I have Brook at skill level 3, so I want at least 2 more skill ups by the 18th.

chrono01

Have you really filled 500 slots!?
I've filled 500 slot already [sitting at something like 490 now]. This probably won't surprise anyone. Honestly, if they gave me 1000, it'd probably still be filled.

I can easily make room if I need to, though. A few less-than ideal skillbooks and evolution materials I can sell off, but I'm hanging onto them as long as I can.

My need for a bottomless capacity. That's the only thing that would quench my thirst.

So I got Brook to level 96 today and will get him maxed tomorrow. I basically had the option of maxing him or Blamenco today, but due to Blackbeard, decided to go with Brook. (Pigs will get him there tomorrow)

I have Brook at skill level 3, so I want at least 2 more skill ups by the 18th.

Dang right you do.....MUAHAHAHA

Edit: annnnd 5 Brooks down the drain. Ugh.

bjork

Caught a turtle time, which was nice after missing all of them last week. Still nowhere near leveled enough to farm BB, but I'll still try and go for a few copies anyway.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I've filled 500 slot already [sitting at something like 490 now]. This probably won't surprise anyone. Honestly, if they gave me 1000, it'd probably still be filled.

I can easily make room if I need to, though. A few less-than ideal skillbooks and evolution materials I can sell off, but I'm hanging onto them as long as I can.

My need for a bottomless capacity. That's the only thing that would quench my thirst.
How do you even scroll from top to bottom without wanting to end it all. I would be annoyed by all the excess. I keep my stuff to the bare minimum and am at 240-250.

RalchAC

Fuck, Bamco knows we want to level up Brook's skill so they've turned off their skill ups. I must have used like 12 copies since I got the CD down to 22...

I'm going to clear my box today. Seapony island is awesome since they increased the drop rate on evolver Islands. I've been consistently getting 2-3 small ones per run for a while.

How do you even scroll from top to bottom without wanting to end it all. I would be annoyed by all the excess. I keep my stuff to the bare minimum and am at 240-250.

Never underestimate Chrono's hoarding skills. And there is a bar on the right side that lets you faster scroll down, like the one in Internet browsers. It's tiny so you may have not seen it.

Majukun

I think I'll just ran 30 stamina until teach drops... The jozu team should be enough for that, and since I'm now at 119 stamina, I can run it 4 times with one load... to farm it I'll probably wait
talking about storage, I'm around 485,but I also have 26 blue elder turtles since I still. don't know who to give them to

I can't see your Quick team, because I'm at work, but Rayleigh is definitely a no no. Blackbeard randomly locks one of your bottom slots for 25 turns, so that's going to drastically cut the power of Rayleigh teams.

ok thanks

basically
ace lvl 39 (5*)
killer lvl 42 (5*)
capone lvl 38 (5*)
lucci lvl 53 (4*) (evolved though)
kaku lvl 50 (4*) (also evolved)

I'm not sure about stat specifics as it pertains to BB, but I think your QCK team would need a high Jozu as a friend captain, which is the same spot I'm in. What's the Rayleigh team look like?

i do have jozu aswell hes level 45 do you think he'd be better with the double hp over the extra attack from ace?

RalchAC

i do have jozu aswell hes level 45 do you think he'd be better with the double hp over the extra attack from ace?

I'd say your biggest issue are not the character themselves (which should work, at least a QCK team), but their levels. They should be at least at level 70-80 in order to beat the 40 stamina version. The QCK team could work for 30 stamina though.

I'd say your biggest issue are not the character themselves (which should work, at least a QCK team), but their levels. They should be at least at level 70-80 in order to beat the 40 stamina version. The QCK team could work for 30 stamina though.

yeah didn't think they'd be high enough for 40 version

i've heard whitebeard is a good captain to use against blackbeard is that true?

Majukun

from what we saw,they should be lv 99,not 70/80,at least for 40 stamina..there was a video with a guy with a double jozu team,all 99 guys and barely made it

bjork

I would imagine you'll be okay for 30, yeah.

I'm gonna run the 40 with my QCK team as well, and if they get killed once, I will get the gem back once it's cleared. I think it's been this way for me with every raid boss.

Heng

yeah didn't think they'd be high enough for 40 version

i've heard whitebeard is a good captain to use against blackbeard is that true?
He should be doable with WB, here's a guide I posted a while back (I updated some info since my calculations were wrong on some parts):

So I've been thinking about using this team: WB x2, Capone, Killer, Alvida or Perona, and GP Usopp. Capone and Killer can be swapped for any other high damage unit. You can also choose to bring Mihawk for the additional 30% health reduction. This team will have about 14000-15000 health give or take depending on who you bring. Usopp is also not needed if you have a high special level on WB or if you do not need to stall.

Stage 1: Stall for 7 turns. You'll have to take a hit from 1 guy for 8000 damage on the third turn.

Stage 2: Kill both turtle and stall for 7 turns on lobster. Lobster will hit you for about 2600. You will be under 30% health here.

Stage 3: Stall for maximum turns without getting hit, which looks like 3 turns. Each unit looks like they have about 12000 hp each so you could choose to use Usopp here since stage 4 has low hp units with only 1 unit that has high health.

Stage 4: Usopp special will allow you to stall 5 turns. Take no damage. If you choose not to bring Usopp then 2 turns will be stalled here. Each marine unit (3) has 5 hp, Elder Seahorse (2) has 8 hp each and 1 of them has about 100000 health.

Stage 5: He will lock one of the characters on the bottom row for 25 turns so put Usopp + non essential/weak characters on bottom row. Use both WB special here to bring his health from 2580000 to 1264000 (or 884940 if you bring Mihawk). From here you need to kill him before his next turn or if you're using a character with damage reduction then you have another 2 turn (although 1 of the turn will have both captains silenced) to kill him. Make sure you use a damage calculator to be sure you can finish his health in 3 turns.

Let me know if you guys spot something that will make this build useless, I'll double check to see if there's any mistakes.

So, i got hw zoro, jozu, lucci and kaku at 99lvls, and Brook at 76(2 lvl special), and Pell(special is 1.25x atk for QCK for 3 turns).
What would you guys suggest?

Sorry, I'm really tired and I must have understood it properly :(

Hahah, I can tell, based on this post. Go to bed!

Anyone know how to lock a unit on the damage calculator?

Hold Alt + Left Click

Silence is Shift + Left Click

So, i got hw zoro, jozu, lucci and kaku at 99lvls, and Brook at 76(2 lvl special), and Pell(special is 1.25x atk for QCK for 3 turns).
What would you guys suggest?

Try out my "Battle Simulator" and see if you can get anything to work:

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...drive.google.com/file/d/0B9m...ew?usp=sharing

MiTYH

FINALLY got Ryuma, took forever for him to show. Have about 25 books for him, waiting for a skill up since he won't be needed for blackbeard. Happy to have him, love my slashers and needed a PSY badly. For the record, got him on stage 1 of a 30 stamina

Verelios

FINALLY got Ryuma, took forever for him to show. Have about 25 books for him, waiting for a skill up since he won't be needed for blackbeard. Happy to have him, love my slashers and needed a PSY badly. For the record, got him on stage 1 of a 30 stamina
Congratz. Congratz.

T-T

ElChado

Neo Member
I wouldnt mind holding onto ryuma books for skill up but next fortnight should have apoo books and i'd rather hold onto apoo books than ryuma books, worse still if the next daily gem event doesnt have skill up in the events like im expecting.

That and ryuma books are rarely dropping for me. and that im already around 410/500 in space or so, expecting to grab 50 blackbeards maybe.

I think this is the first time that I've been truly exasperated by the game. I've been farming Brook ever since I posted the Mihawk team last Thursday. Since then, I have gotten a grand total of....two skill ups.

I am currently on a streak of around ~21 Brooks without a single skill up. I would just give up, but I've already invested so much time and resources into the team at this point. But Blackbeard is released tomorrow night and....ugh. I don't know. I just needed to rant.

You certainly aren't alone, Clog.

I have only gotten 2 skill ups on my Brook. To make it even worse, the game is being super stingy with posters. I'll likely do BB 30 and 40 once, likely needing a gem on 40 due to not having Brook's heal ready when needed. Next time around I'll have a better BB team + we should prob have sockets by then, too.

I'm just happy that I finally got Ryuma to appear (dumped my stored yellow turtles into him and now he is lvl. 92).

chrono01

Yeah, I'm only going to un 30-stamina Blackbeard until I get my drop, and then farm him when he returns [hopefully after Doflamingo]. I just want a unit now so I can use him in teams if I need to, as well as start the leveling process on him.

I'm definitely not worried about skill'ing him up yet, though. Not worth my current team build(s).

Hisoka

Maybe try 2 finger taps or swipes

Nah, doesn't work. It just zooms in or does weird things while swiping.

My 40 Blackbeard Team is also kinda ready but i don't know if it makes it.

Jozu max, Jozu max
Jimbe lvl 91, ivankov lvl 60
Diable Sanji (gets locked), Kaku max

Yeah.. Should do it. Will attack Blackbeard until 21% and unlock ivas skill at first if i have some bad orbs which garantues him a good orb, and after that Jimbe which garantues also one. Then Kaku and i should burst him 500k dmg and he's kinda done, otherwise one more chance after liberation to kill him off.

Edit: just saw wrong calculation, around 350k is my burst turn lol. Will be a bit luck based to make it i guess hah. Maybe i shouldn't use Iva and bring Brook for one more chance? He's at lvl 50 with no skillup (save them too, ugh) but with my tanky Jozu i don't think i need one skillup anyway. Will try both teams once haha

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If somone puts up Jozu or Ace later i will give my BB team a run...feel like i still have to get the timing right on some hits.

Yeah, I'm only going to un 30-stamina Blackbeard until I get my drop, and then farm him when he returns [hopefully after Doflamingo]. I just want a unit now so I can use him in teams if I need to, as well as start the leveling process on him.

I'm definitely not worried about skill'ing him up yet, though. Not worth my current team build(s).

Thats more or less my stand on it.
Nah, doesn't work. It just zooms in or does weird things while swiping.

My 40 Blackbeard Team is also kinda ready but i don't know if it makes it.

Jozu max, Jozu max
Jimbe lvl 91, ivankov lvl 60
Diable Sanji (gets locked), Kaku max

...you are screwed if Kaku gets locked right ? Or is it always the lower left unit ?

Hisoka

If somone puts up Jozu or Ace later i will give my BB team a run...feel like i still have to get the timing right on some hits.

Thats more or less my stand on it.

...you are screwed if Kaku gets locked right ? Or is it always the lower left unit ?

I'm screwed, yes

Top Bottom