• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Damn..we are getting Blackbeard :eek:
bbrtjk7.png

And you guys were complaining about the QCK exp....heh.

ZEPHYR AND DOFFY RIP

Without Doffy, slasher teams aren't viable for this raid. Better rev up your Boas, Aces, and Jozus!

RalchAC

Same here - i love Blackbeard. Just need to figure out which team will work best on his stage...didnt expect him until next year so thats kinda surprising.

Now i wish i had Boa heh.
The fact that we are getting this high lvl Raid Bosses without access to DoFla is a bit shitty though.

Yeah, Blackbeard is a cool character. It's kind of a love hate relationship to me. He can be awesome or a fucking jerk, which is quite cool and pirate-like.

no idea if it is a good character and what teams are OK for it.. time to go researching

it's his skill worth maxing?

If you plan to use him as a captain, yeah, go for it. If you just want a STR beatstick you won't need it.

Blackbeard teams don't stall much, since they take 4x damage due to his captain effect. The strategy is bringing STR subs with high HP, go to the boss stage, let him hit you and unleash his skills for some insane amounts of damage (his skill is like a counterattack).

Watch some videos on Youtube.

I'm going to farm Wapol in the meanwhile lol.

Majukun

blackbeard 40 doesn't seem farmable with the units we have now..except maybe with a double hancock team

anyone has any ideas?

RalchAC

blackbeard 40 doesn't seem farmable with the units we have now..except maybe with a double hancock team

anyone has any ideas?

So far I've been thinking about a Slasher team or a Ace/Jozu team.

The former would be 2x Mihawk, Halloween Zoro, Lucci, Kuro and Brook. With the Coffin Ship I should get around 23-25k HP.

The other option is: Ace, Jozu, Killer, Kaku, Hina and Brook/Lucci. That's 32k HP, enough for 5 hits (normal attack deals 6000 damage).

He uses a Debuff Protector, so no GP Usopp here.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dont forget to put up QCK leaders for Turtles later.
Yeah, Blackbeard is a cool character. It's kind of a love hate relationship to me. He can be awesome or a fucking jerk, which is quite cool and pirate-like.
Yeah thats what i like about him...he acts like i would imagine a Pirate to act and not like some kind of Anime antihero xD His reckless fighting style is awesome too heh.

anyone has any ideas?
I would assume that Jozu teams can clear it but im not sure. Just need to be able to burst him down near the end. Ace probably can clear it as well but you probably need to have more luck with orbs.....def. wont be easy.

Majukun

Dont forget to put up QCK leaders for Turtles later.

Yeah thats what i like about him...he acts like i would imagine a Pirate to act and not like some kind of Anime antihero xD His reckless fighting style is awesome too heh.

I would assume that Jozu teams can clear it but im not sure. Just need to be able to burst him down near the end. Ace probably can clear it as well but you probably need to have more luck with orbs.....def. wont be easy.

no,jozu teams doesn't seem to be able to clear it without the second version of marco that is not out in global
once he starts sealing captains you lose most of your HP and atk..you need a big heal that blue teams can't provide..although maybe you cna sacrifice a blue spot with marco and still have enough power..proble is..we are too far from the skillup event and anyone's marco will probably not be maxed yet

cw_sasuke

perfection.gif - Happy to be done with the Halloween Stage. Just got 2 Skill Ups while feeding 5 Zoro copies.

Also was able to max skill Robin - Sanji and Brook are probably 1-2 away from max skill but i dont care enough about them to re-enter that stage.

no,jozu teams doesn't seem to be able to clear it without the second version of marco that is not out in global
once he starts sealing captains you lose most of your HP and atk..you need a big heal that blue teams can't provide..although maybe you cna sacrifice a blue spot with marco and still have enough power..proble is..we are too far from the skillup event and anyone's marco will probably not be maxed yet

When does he start sealing your Captain ? I thought thats only a thing once he is under 20% HP, you have to burst him down once you get near that mark.

Majukun

perfection.gif - Happy to be done with the Halloween Stage. Just got 2 Skill Ups while feeding 5 Zoro copies.

Also was able to max skill Robin - Sanji and Brook are probably 1-2 away from max skill but i dont care enough about them to re-enter that stage.

When does he start sealing your Captain ? I thought thats only a thing once he is under 20% HP, you have to burst him down once you get near that mark.

yeah only when it's under 20%,problem is,it seems to have tons of hp and with a 2x attack he esn't easy to burst...i watched a video and a jozu team took 2 attacks and 2 seals before killing him

maybe it was a really underleveled team though

edit.you may try farming orbs on the way to the boss,but then you need to bring diable sanji to eliminate the usual locker round pre-boss

by the way....0,5 guys,we are gold today

anyone want to tap?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Kinda wish I had a Boa or a Thatch right now. Almost every walk through uses anti-captain silence level 1 (aka we can't do it) or Enel teams (ditto), so this is going to be unexplored territory. I have a max Jozu, Killer, Jinbe, and Kaku. Will max out Ace and either Lucci or Hina with this week's blue turtles.

Also 0/5 for Zoro last night. Will probably not skill max.

so who should we be looking to use against blackbeard?...

as i'll work on levelling a team now though i don't have boa hancock but do have whitebeard and rayleigh....

Heng

so who should we be looking to use against blackbeard?...

as i'll work on levelling a team now though i don't have boa hancock but do have whitebeard and rayleigh....
I think WB might be able to take him on although I'm not 100% sure on that. If I can't take him down with that team, I might try to do Capone + Jozu. I'm not sure if double Jozu would be a great idea because of his captain silence which would drop your health down by quite a bit and if I'm lucky with food orbs I can out heal his damage.

Tsuru might also be someone I'll have to consider to help stalling on my WB tram and hope she's the one that gets locked out of the fight with BB.

Majukun

I think WB might be able to take him on although I'm not 100% sure on that. If I can't take him down with that team, I might try to do Capone + Jozu. I'm not sure if double Jozu would be a great idea because of his captain silence which would drop your health down by quite a bit and if I'm lucky with food orbs I can out heal his damage.

Tsuru might also be someone I'll have to consider to help stalling on my WB tram and hope she's the one that gets locked out of the fight with BB.

heng wanna tap?

RedBoot

I'm going to farm Wapol in the meanwhile lol.

LOL, I was just thinking the other day about wanting to do a Blackbeard team with Wapol and Young Arlong some day, so I started leveling my Wapol. Good timing, I guess.

This is going to be fun. The content reshuffle forces us to make our own strategies for Global's character set instead of using the old guides.

I wonder if they'll hold off on any of the 60 stamina bosses for a little bit? Would mean we might see Heracles and even Duval before Dofy/Aokiji/Enel.

Heng

got keys,thanks

3 tries left for anyone interested
Nice I got keys as well.

So I've been thinking about using this team: WB x2, Capone, Killer, Kaku, and GP Usopp. Capone, Killer, and Kaku can be swapped for someone who can lower damage taken like Alvida or Perona. You can also choose to bring Mihawk for the additional 30% health reduction. This team will have about 16000 health give or take depending on who you bring. Usopp is also not needed if you have max CD for WB.

Stage 1: Stall for 7 turns. You'll have to take a hit from 1 guy for 8000 damage.

Stage 2: Kill both turtle and stall for 7 turns on lobster. Lobster will hit you for about 2600.

Stage 3: Stall for maximum turns without getting hit, which looks like 3 turns. Each unit looks like they have about 12000 hp each so you could choose to use Usopp here since stage 4 has low hp units with only 1 unit that has high health.

Stage 4: Usopp special will allow you to stall 5 turns. Take no damage. If you choose not to bring Usopp then 2 turns will be stalled here. Each unit has 5 hp and 1 of them has about 100000 health.

Stage 5: He will lock one of the characters on the bottom row for 25 turns so put Usopp + non essential/weak characters on bottom row. You will not be under 30% here, and assuming you didn't heal, you should be around 6-7k. I would recommend using any food orb along the way here. If you did use a food orb here and your health is above 7k, I would recommend fishing for good orbs and take a hit from BB. After taking the hit, use both WB to bring his health from 2580000 to 1264000 (or 884940 if you bring Mihawk). From here you need to kill him before his next turn or if you're using a character with damage reduction then you have another 2 turn (although 1 of the turn will have both captains silenced) to kill him.

Problems you may run into: stage 4 has a unit with considerably high health, you may not be able to kill him without Usopp.

Let me know if you guys spot something that will make this build useless, I'll double check to see if there's any mistakes.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
LOL, I was just thinking the other day about wanting to do a Blackbeard team with Wapol and Young Arlong some day, so I started leveling my Wapol. Good timing, I guess.

This is going to be fun. The content reshuffle forces us to make our own strategies for Global's character set instead of using the old guides.

I wonder if they'll hold off on any of the 60 stamina bosses for a little bit? Would mean we might see Heracles and even Duval before Dofy/Aokiji/Enel.

I feel bad for Doffy. The minute he makes an appearance, he's going to get destroyed.

Out of killer, capone & ace ... it's probably sagely to start powerleveling ace for BB right?

Killer's damage would get WRECKED by BB's silence + lock antics.

Clearly my most viable option is to try and max ace.

ElChado

Neo Member

anyone has any ideas?

When blackbeard was out in japan way back in spring, i watched him on twitch get farmed with double jozu, capone, lucci, killer, and i believe the last one was kaku.

used lucci and killer specials for burst, and capone to get as many orbs as possible, i just forget who was in the bottom row as sacrifice for the lock.

you only really need to burst the remaining 20%. the 50%-20% isnt death, but you need to be ready to burst the final 20% on a turn you aren't silenced.

thinking about it, the last unit might have been sanji instead of kaku to clear stage 4.

bjork

Out of killer, capone & ace ... it's probably sagely to start powerleveling ace for BB right?

Killer's damage would get WRECKED by BB's silence + lock antics.

Clearly my most viable option is to try and max ace.

I think so, yeah. Capone has a higher attack at level 30 than Ace does at 70, but Ace has the extra .5 on his multiplier.

RedBoot

Quick note on Blackbeard (everyone else may have noticed this already and I could be dumb): he doesn't trigger his captain silences at 50% and 20% until his actual turn, it's not automatic like a lot of abilities we've seen recently. This means that you could have an extra turn to burst him down before your damage gets cut.

This makes the double Mihawk team a little more viable, since they get two turns to burst him down from 49%. I might actually get a chance to use Kohza for something!

Majukun

When blackbeard was out in japan way back in spring, i watched him on twitch get farmed with double jozu, capone, lucci, killer, and i believe the last one was kaku.

used lucci and killer specials for burst, and capone to get as many orbs as possible, i just forget who was in the bottom row as sacrifice for the lock.

you only really need to burst the remaining 20%. the 50%-20% isnt death, but you need to be ready to burst the final 20% on a turn you aren't silenced.

thinking about it, the last unit might have been sanji instead of kaku to clear stage 4.
i don't have either capone or killer though

by the way,any gold wants to tap?

....ugh, I'm always behind with my guides. Never would have thought that Blackbeard would come before Doffy AND Zephyr.

Oh well, I'll try to get a damage calculator whipped up in the next day or so. That way we can easily test whether these teams work or not.

Majukun

Havent played friend game for like a months. But now im back to the game. Anyone?

are you gold today?
since when wher you absent from the game?i remember eliminating one gaffer from the friend list because it was weeks that he didn't log in..what's your name in the game?

cw_sasuke

Thanks...Jozu sounds like the safest route - especially for the first couple runs. Ace x Boa might work as well for me but it i am missing orbchanger like Capone which are probably needed to burst BB down before he casues too much trouble.

At some point i will farm him...dont know if i will be ready for this event. I honestly didnt wanna put more exp into my Ace because outside of the leaderskill his stats are pretty meh...but now..hmm.
....ugh, I'm always behind with my guides. Never would have thought that Blackbeard would come before Doffy AND Zephyr.

Oh well, I'll try to get a damage calculator whipped up in the next day or so. That way we can easily test whether these teams work or not.
Great...we can need all help provided.
I hope this team can clear the stage...because i have all those units as well.

But this also means you only can clear the stage with Boa up...i have like 2-3 Boa friends i think lol.
Where do you people get enough XP material to level up units so fast? ;_;

To be fair he doesnt need as much exp as the Gacha QCK units and also we have had the Halloween stage dropping blue Pigs/Turtles for 2 weeks now. The Halloween stage before gave me enough exp to max lvl Kidd.

bjork

I doubt that the time of day affects anything, but I just did two Coby 30s and got 3 Robin books. Maybe a last-day boost on the rates?

Majukun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpf0vqjw5QU

Well I do hope I get a friend with max Mihawk special. Will probably need a gem or 2 though. And will have to be extremly lucky on the turtle time to level up some of my qck slashers, lol.

level up brook to max for the time teach arrives it's pretty much impossible

also i don't know if i wanna waste gems on blue turtle time to level up kuro and tashigi that i probably will never use ever again

I'll wait for some ace or jozu team to emerge

by the way..someone want's to tap?

DrAg0nBoY

level up brook to max for the time teach arrives it's pretty much impossible

also i don't know if i wanna waste gems on blue turtle time to level up kuro and tashigi that i probably will never use ever again

I'll wait for some ace or jozu team to emerge

by the way..someone want's to tap?

Yeah Brook and another slasher. Probably Kuro, cuz I have Zoro max and Lucci 80 or something.

RedBoot

Well I do hope I get a friend with max Mihawk special. Will probably need a gem or 2 though. And will have to be extremly lucky on the turtle time to level up some of my qck slashers, lol.

Hmm, it doesn't seem as harsh as I was initially calculating. A 2-turn cooldown gives you decent leeway, and the captain silences only being a single turn is nice. I think the real trick here is having enough HP, since you can survive 6000 damage hits for a while. That's why Brook is so useful, he usually buys you two more attacks.

That does make Mihawk's ship just about required, though. If you've got that, you just need near-maxed Mihawks as captain and enough QCK slashers to average around 280-300k damage a turn. Global's actually a little better off there, since we have Halloween Zoro, Kohza, and Pell, all of whom weren't available for Japan at the time (Pell may have been, anyway). EDIT: Also, if anyone pulls Sakura Brook, he's arguably better than the fortnight version here, assuming you can survive without the heal.

Thatch is also super-useful here if you have him, which is kind of awesome. I'm glad Thatch and Ace are so useful against Blackbeard.

Man, that team seems super iffy. I mean, I guess it works, but I wonder how it would do with some not so great orb luck.

Plus, as someone else said, I hate to invest that many resources into Kuro and Tashigi. I'm really going to try to have my spreadsheet updated before the QCK turtle day this week. That way we'll know what character to throw the resources at.

RedBoot

Man, that team seems super iffy. I mean, I guess it works, but I wonder how it would do with some not so great orb luck.

Plus, as someone else said, I hate to invest that many resources into Kuro and Tashigi. I'm really going to try to have my spreadsheet updated before the QCK turtle day this week. That way we'll know what character to throw the resources at.

If I run it, it'll be with Lucci, Brook, H.Zoro, and either Kohza or Kuro, depending on whether I need the higher attack from the latter. I'm okay with putting resources into all of those characters save Kuro, and even then I've used him more than I would have expected. It helps that I pulled an evolved Kuro though, if it were a matter of having to evolve one and then level him, that would be excessive.

Question time!

As we're nearing weekly turtles of every color I'm curious:

What are the ... let's say top 3-5 units of every color that should be maxed?

I know a character like Ace has abyssal stats and basically needs to be maxed to even compete with similar captain-types. But I'm curious if there's any other units where it's actually kinda vital (e.g. for particular fortnights) to basically max em.

Top Bottom