• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

ElChado

Neo Member
Looking over the timelines, it's interesting to note blackbeard coming november 18th means this is the first raid we've gotten ahead of japans timeline. Sure blackbeard came out of nowhere, but i mean days since japan started till blackbeard compared to us global.

If japan started the same day as us, for them blackbeard would have been november 27th.

So while we may be missing zephyr and doffy, at least we can finally say we got a raid nearly 2 weeks earlier than japan did. hah

RedBoot

Finally got the coffin ship, since I expect to need it for Blackbeard. Took 359 cola to max it (I had 422 stocked up). Quite a lot of Usopping going on near the end there. I'll have to build my cola stocks back up for whatever the next ship worth maxing will be.

I've almost got the Blackbeard damage calculator finished. I initially thought it would be pretty straightforward, due to his relatively simple attack pattern, so I decided to add in Healing Special functionality. After getting all that working, I then realized that his Silence mechanic really threw a wrench into everything. The calculator works, but I don't want to release it until it automatically reduces the team's HP when using 2x HP Captains. The IF statements are really throwing me for a loop for some reason, but I think it's just because my brain is fried for the night.

tl;dr: Almost got it working. Probably have it ready sometime tomorrow afternoon.

ElChado

Neo Member
I'm shocked I dont see more people use marine teams for turtle time

it's so fast

thatch team best team for red turtles
boa 2nd, ace 3rd

marco team best team for purple turtles
franky 2nd, shanks 3rd

monster chopper team best team for green turtles
there is no 2nd everyone has a chopper

apoo best team for blue turtles
2nd is law

moria best team for yellow turtles
2nd is towel nami

Global back up team is double mihawk with appropriate subs and fullbody if your subs are weak.

also information for anyone who does think marine team is fastest turtle team.

Wazzy

Banned
Hmm I don't really have a good blue team yet since I've focused on every color more in prep for the raid bosses.

Ace is unevolved
Killer is 62
Jozu is only 18 evolved

I'll probs need to look at other teams.

chrono01

I'm really not looking forward to Blackbeard. I have Ace...but that's about it. No Boa or Jozu. :/

I might just focus on the lower difficulty to see if I can get lucky and work on farming when he comes around again.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That Brook stage might be the easiest Fortnight yet, hope I get Ryuuma soon and can move on since the skill books there are useless for me.

Tidd

That Brook stage might be the easiest Fortnight yet, hope I get Ryuuma soon and can move on since the skill books there are useless for me.

You can definitely run the island for 2 weeks and don't get a Ryuuma :(

Edit: and I'm done with this island. Got Ryuuma. Time to farm Kaku for a week :D

RalchAC

thatch team best team for red turtles
boa 2nd, ace 3rd

marco team best team for purple turtles
franky 2nd, shanks 3rd

monster chopper team best team for green turtles
there is no 2nd everyone has a chopper

apoo best team for blue turtles
2nd is law

moria best team for yellow turtles
2nd is towel nami

Global back up team is double mihawk with appropriate subs and fullbody if your subs are weak.

also information for anyone who does think marine team is fastest turtle team.

I always run Fullbody as a sub even if my team is good since I have him maxed and most teams can't kill the Elder without a matching orb.

Keep in mind that I don't have any 3x captain. My TT leads are Chopper, Ace, Mihawk (DEX), Franky and Towel Nami.

I'm really not looking forward to Blackbeard. I have Ace...but that's about it. No Boa or Jozu. :/

I might just focus on the lower difficulty to see if I can get lucky and work on farming when he comes around again.

Which units do you have? How is your Slasher team? A 2x Mihawk team with the Coffin Ship should be able to clear it with some high level subs.

Using Jozu (Fr) + Ace (Cpt) should be better than 2x Jozu, since he can silence your own captain.

I think a team with Jozu (Fr), Ace, Lucci, Kaku, Brook and maybe H. Zoro at high levels should be able to do it TBH.

Edit: and I'm done with this island. Got Ryuuma. Time to farm Kaku for a week :D

Those tales of Ryuma-based desperation scare me. Hopefully I'll get him soon.

I want to skill up my Kaku too, I guess. I dunno what I'll do once the CP9 version launches though :/

I don't know what the devs were thinking when they decided to give QCK orb manipulation and QCK orb boosting to the same fucking character :(

Hopefully you all get a 6* Marco. I'm a rational dude, so I'm aware that the chances of pulling a second Legend after getting Strong World Ace in SW batch 2 Sugofest are slim.

cw_sasuke

I hat...congrats on getting him xD

Hope i get him this week as well.
I always run Fullbody as a sub even if my team is good since I have him maxed and most teams can't kill the Elder without a matching orb.

Keep in mind that I don't have any 3x captain. My TT leads are Chopper, Ace, Mihawk (DEX), Franky and Towel Nami.

Which units do you have? How is your Slasher team? A 2x Mihawk team with the Coffin Ship should be able to clear it with some high level subs.

Using Jozu (Fr) + Ace (Cpt) should be better than 2x Jozu, since he can silence your own captain.

I think a team with Jozu (Fr), Ace, Lucci, Kaku, Brook and maybe H. Zoro at high levels should be able to do it TBH.

Yeah Fullbody is a permanent member on every turtle farming team, no matter which color.

What would you say would be better for BB - the Slasher team you mentioned or the Ace/Jozu ? Also any reason to use Brook/Lucci when you have Jimbei/KIller ? Dont know how important Brooks healing active is...but i dont think Luccis active is a dealbreaker.

Ace/Jozu
Jimbei/Kaku
KIller/Sanji

Does that sound good ? Wondering how much the squad has to be changed if you team up either Jozu or Ace with Boa.

RalchAC

I've been thinking, both versions seem to focus on different things. I read on the blog that they decided to release 60 stamina raid bosses because some core players felt the 40 stamina versions were "too easy". Those must habe been like, what? a 10% of the playerbase?

In Global I feel like they're trying to maximize the amount of players capable of farming high level content. 2 out of the last 4 events included Rayleigh island IIRC. Same for different colored Turtles. In the last few weeks we've got Hina, H. Zoro, Kaku and Lucci islands, which have powerful QCK units. And we've been getting QCK porks and turtles not stop for like a month?

What would you say would be better for BB - the Slasher team you mentioned or the Ace/Jozu ? Also any reason to use Brook/Lucci when you have Jimbei/KIller ? Dont know how important Brooks healing active is...but i dont think Luccis active is a dealbreaker.

Ace/Jozu
Jimbei/Kaku
KIller/Sanji

Does that sound good ? Wondering how much the squad has to be changed if you team up either Jozu or Ace with Boa.

I'll know when I try them lol. In any case, having different teams for the same raid boss makes it a bit less tedious. My Slasher team should have 2x Mihawk, Lucci, H. Zoro, and Kuro/Tashigi/Brook (2 of those)

My QCK team will have Jozu (Fr), Ace (Mine), Killer, Kaku and Hina/H. Zoro/Lucci/Brook/Sanji (2 of those).

I said those units above because all of them are farmable.

And I'm not sure if a Boa team would work with a Jozu captain. BB silences your captain every two turns when he is under 50% HP, and Boa ATK bonus only works >70% HP, right? That could be a problem.

Majukun

running a very straightforward all DEX team for brook.. but will i have problems with Ryuma with this team?
law, Asura zoro, biker smoker, Khalifa, kaku

DrAg0nBoY

Well got Ryuma. Now I have to wait for tomorrow to get a blue dragon to evolve Kuro and Brook for BB.

So is everyone rather farming Kaku? I have such problems returning to old Forthnights :/.

Majukun

how is lucci now?
back in the day it was kinda difficult because of his 1/3 hp mechanic..what are the full or at least partial orb manipulation avaiable for dex teams?
i wanna be sure to be able to farm him consistently

cw_sasuke

No Ryuuma yet, but i love those apology orbs...thanks Bamco xD
I'll know when I try them lol. In any case, having different teams for the same raid boss makes it a bit less tedious. My Slasher team should have 2x Mihawk, Lucci, H. Zoro, and Kuro/Tashigi/Brook (2 of those)

My QCK team will have Jozu (Fr), Ace (Mine), Killer, Kaku and Hina/H. Zoro/Lucci/Brook/Sanji (2 of those).

I said those units above because all of them are farmable.

And I'm not sure if a Boa team would work with a Jozu captain. BB silences your captain every two turns when he is under 50% HP, and Boa ATK bonus only works >70% HP, right? That could be a problem.

You are right - Boa x Jozu doesnt make too much sense. Ace x Boa is a better fit if you have enough fire power to take him down before you lose Boas leaderskill. We have more or less the same QCK unit and lineup so i will work as well on these both teams and hope at least one of them will get us through.

cw_sasuke

Hmm...doesnt look like Jozu teams will have too much trouble with BB even with mostly farmable subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94voAnpgFiM

Sure the run takes a but more time but it seems to be quite a solid team unless get orb trolled non stop. Dont even need Kaku or any other kind of burst. Brooks healing skill is helpful though.

If you go with Ace/Jozu instead you should end up with around 30-35k HP. Which means you need Kaku for the final Burst.

Majukun

Hmm...doesnt look like Jozu teams will have too much trouble with BB even with mostly farmable subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94voAnpgFiM

Sure the run takes a but more time but it seems to be quite a solid team unless get orb trolled non stop. Dont even need Kaku or any other kind of burst. Brooks healing skill is helpful though.

If you go with Ace/Jozu instead you should end up with around 30-35k HP. Which means you need Kaku for the final Burst.

hmm..i have all of them bar killer...his skill does a lot of damage...it's important to understand if it's necessary or not for the team to work...

any indication of the level of the crew members?

also,that crew's brook has hi skill maxed..it's true that he uses it pretty deep into the last stage,so it might be possible to use it anyway

EDIT:CHECKED,it uses it around turn 15..should be more than enough

only problem for me now is that killer and the level of the character he is using...but i might bring kaku for that

hmm..i have all of them bar killer...his skill does a lot of damage...it's important to understand if it's necessary or not for the team to work...

any indication of the level of the crew members?

also,that crew's brook has hi skill maxed..it's true that he uses it pretty deep into the last stage,so it might be possible to use it anyway

EDIT:CHECKED,it uses it around turn 15..should be more than enough

only problem for me now is that killer and the level of the character he is using...but i might bring kaku for that

He does 145k damage with Killer's special at the end there. It would appear that it would still be possible without it, but it's kinda iffy. I really hope we can find a better option that doesn't take as long.

Also, decided to do a pull today for the mini-sugo. Got a 4* X-Drake, so I'm pretty happy about that!

bjork

Did all the different stamina levels, no Ryuuma. But I have like 7 of his skillbook, so he'll come along eventually. I saw a dude on Reddit got him to show up on a 5-stamina, which is cool.

Unrelated to OPTC at all, but Initial D characters turned up in Drift Spirits and that's super cool.

Kyou

HhY3G2r.jpg
Thanks, Brook

cw_sasuke

Got Ryuuma (YES) so i switched to Lucci for now. I have to say Halloween Robin is quite the useful sub on Dex teams, i didnt realize that she chances the leader orbs to green - thats quite good for addition burst. Glad that i could max skill her.

Also was able to try out Biker Smoker for the first time after evolving him weeks ago....he is awesome.

PS: Died on my second Lucci run...i forgot that he hits for 35k or when he is on low HP. lol

Majukun

00deb27c2d47873e0516b93c92520687.png

ef1dbe205beb78f6340d55a6feab789b.png

f9d39ff5dac723741a815e7ddff7a44d.png

3 teams that SHOULD be able to finish teach

the one on the video needs all emmbers at lv 99..seems way too expensive to use in that sense..i would need to bring brook from lv 35 of the first evo to 99 of the second one,sanji from around 65 to 99 and ace from 95 to 99..waay too many exp

of those,the sengoku one seems interesting..although i don't even know if i have one on my friend list

RedBoot

Got Ryuuma (YES) so i switched to Lucci for now. I have to say Halloween Robin is quite the useful sub on Dex teams, i didnt realize that she chances the leader orbs to green - thats quite good for addition burst. Glad that i could max skill her.

Yeah, to me, that was always the better part of her ability. Having the blind heal on there was just gravy. So even the nerfed version on global is still good, in my opinion.

Too bad I got like one skill level on her. :( Man, Halloween pt2 was just bad luck for me, on both skill ups and drop rates. The only thing I made out well on was Marco books.

daydream

Banned
caught brook and ryuma

not sure about brook but the latter seems like a perfect guy to train up and swap in for usopp for a dmg build (for my slasher team, that is)

caught brook and ryuma

not sure about brook but the latter seems like a perfect guy to train up and swap in for usopp for a dmg build (for my slasher team, that is)

Great! Yeah, Ryuma is definitely a good addition to any Slasher team, especially if you don't have a Shanks (and even then sometimes).

Top Bottom