• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

I think this is the first time that I've been truly exasperated by the game. I've been farming Brook ever since I posted the Mihawk team last Thursday. Since then, I have gotten a grand total of....two skill ups.

I am currently on a streak of around ~21 Brooks without a single skill up. I would just give up, but I've already invested so much time and resources into the team at this point. But Blackbeard is released tomorrow night and....ugh. I don't know. I just needed to rant.

Same here. It wouldn't be as bad if the game didn't love to troll me. Brook is at level 3 after >25 dupes. Miss Valentine is at skill level 7 after the same amount of books.

It always feels like crap characters have increased chance of skilling up...

Edit: Another 2 dupes wasted for no skill up.

The game should have some kind of "internal CD" to avoid this. Like, you'll always get 1 skill up every 12 dupes, no matter how bad your luck is. If you get a skill up earlier, the CD returns to 0, obviously. But using over 20 copies and getting nothing feels like a waste of time.

If somone puts up Jozu or Ace later i will give my BB team a run...feel like i still have to get the timing right on some hits.

I'll put up Ace in a few min when I finish my last Brook run for the night.
Edit: Up.

Same here. It wouldn't be as bad if the game didn't love to troll me. Brook is at level 3 after >25 dupes. Miss Valentine is at skill level 7 after the same amount of books.

H.Sanji = Special Level Max
H.Zoro = Special Level 3

>_<

Majukun

damn, smoker got me unprepared the first time.. didn't remember that stage was so unforgiving if you use a g3 team... very little strength captains on friend list.. everybody still farming brook?

alben

Neo Member
damn, smoker got me unprepared the first time.. didn't remember that stage was so unforgiving if you use a g3 team... very little strength captains on friend list.. everybody still farming brook?
I'm using mihawk for smoker, that way i can use meppo and morgan. I have no trouble getting him down in one or two turns

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well if you miss your perfects you will have issues on every stage with G3...otherwise he steamrolls that stage and with Alvida+Golden Pound you have more than 10 rounds to take Smoker out.

PS. I will use this Jozu team for my BB Quest Clear. Hope that HZoro get locked.

quickmemo_2015-11-18-xosdi.png

I'll put up Ace in a few min when I finish my last Brook run for the night.
Edit: Up.
Thanks will try it out later.

Majukun

Well if you miss your perfects you will have issues on every stage with G3...otherwise he steamrolls that stage and with Alvida+Golden Pound you have more than 10 rounds to take Smoker out.

PS. I will use this Jozu team for my BB Quest Clear. Hope that HZoro get locked.

quickmemo_2015-11-18-xosdi.png

Thanks will try it out later.
wow, all Lv 99?you might be OK for 40 stamina, but not 100% sure

cw_sasuke

wow, all Lv 99?you might be OK for 40 stamina, but not 100% sure

Everyone but Kaku is max lvl. but 40 stam might be tough since i am missing Brook and his heal skill which was used in the Jozu/Jozu video i posted. Maybe teaming up with Ace will be better...just have to try it out.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Went to clear Angel Island, thought I was gonna get rekt when basket head blinded me; luckily I was good enough to activate G3 anyways.

bjork

My Miss Valentine was level 6 from dupes, and I've gotten 0 from skillbooks. Feels bad.

This is the team I'll be using:

I was unsure of who to put in the bottom row but with this I think I should be able to boost down BB after he silences both captains with a full QCK combo (assuming no meat) and Killer's special if Kaku gets locked or a boosted partial orb combo with Killer's special if Ivankov gets locked.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck to any farmers and anyone running Blackbeard tonight in general.

I'll be running a Whitebeard team myself, so for any of you I have on my FL running a similar setup, hopefully it'll be of help (although I think it may just be Heng here). I'll try to put up a more accommodating captain up once I'm done with the raid, with anyone running Jozu, Ace, etc.

Also, as per good ol' Korial: his reddit post/research indicated Blackbeard's special will clear out any buffs you have on your team once he's sub 50% health. So time any orb boosts accordingly and leave those damage reducers at home!

Tidd

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC...ont_take_damage_reducers_to_blackbeards_raid/

Guys?!?!!! We have a problem! Looks like BB cancels all buffs before he attacks <50%. Which means he also cancels Mr.1 damge reduction?!
I guess you can still use Mr.1 before BB hits <50% and get the same amount of turns to defeat him.

Also, as per good ol' Korial: his reddit post/research indicated Blackbeard's special will clear out any buffs you have on your team once he's sub 50% health. So time any orb boosts accordingly and leave those damage reducers at home!

Ninja'd

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC...ont_take_damage_reducers_to_blackbeards_raid/

Guys?!?!!! We have a problem! Looks like BB cancels all buffs before he attacks <50%. Which means he also cancels Mr.1 damge reduction?!
I guess you can still use Mr.1 before BB hits <50% and get the same amount of turns to defeat him.

Ninja'd

Yup, saw this earlier, but been busy at work.

I'm really sorry guys. I watched a ton of Blackbeard videos and looked at a bunch of guides, but never realized that he would clear out damage reduction like that. Doesn't impact me all that much, since I wasn't able to skill up my Brook anyway, but I do feel bad for anyone that was relying on the team I posted.

Heng

Good luck to any farmers and anyone running Blackbeard tonight in general.

I'll be running a Whitebeard team myself, so for any of you I have on my FL running a similar setup, hopefully it'll be of help (although I think it may just be Heng here). I'll try to put up a more accommodating captain up once I'm done with the raid, with anyone running Jozu, Ace, etc.

Wait does this also apply to damage reduction buffs? If so, this could be a bit of trouble for me since I'm relying on killing him in 3 turns instead of 2.

Also I'll leave up Jozu for those who are going to farm him after the initial 2 hours he's been released.

Edit: I might use this team:
The damage calculator says I can deal 493,000 damage without any negative or boosting orb and with Kaku locked. With Capone's special, I'll be able to deal 835,000 assuming WB gets negative orb and everyone gets positive orbs. Hopefully it'll work out for me.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Wait does this also apply to damage reduction buffs? If so, this could be a bit of trouble for me since I'm relying on killing him in 3 turns instead of 2.

Yes, as per the link Tidd posted to the reddit topic. You have two turns to burst down Blackbeard with a Whitebeard team, otherwise it's game over.

I'm running (including team placement):

WB/WB
Kaku/Mihawk
Sanji/Killer

My alternate is subbing Ivankov in for Kaku for a guaranteed orb for himself with his special. Otherwise, the goal leading up to Stage 4 is farming orbs for my QCK units. Then immediately using WB/Mihawk specials to eliminate 66% of Blackbeard's health, a Kaku special to orb boost any farmed orbs and finish off Blackbeard by turn 2 (if necessary).

Heng

Yes, as per the link Tidd posted to the reddit topic. You have two turns to burst down Blackbeard with a Whitebeard team, otherwise it's game over.

WB/WB
Kaku/Mihawk
Sanji/Killer

My alternate is subbing Ivankov in for Kaku for a guaranteed orb for himself with his special. Otherwise, the goal leading up to Stage 4 is farming orbs for my QCK units. Then immediately using WB/Mihawk specials to eliminate 66% of Blackbeard's health, a Kaku special to orb boost any farmed orbs and finish off Blackbeard by turn 2 (if necessary).
Hmm actually I think I can still use Alvida in my build. I think for the first 2 turns I attack without activating WB special. So turn 1 and 2 you fish for good orbs and make sure he's above 50% and pop Alvida on the second turn. After that pop both WB and finish him off.

ElChado

Neo Member

WB/WB
Kaku/Mihawk
Sanji/Killer

that exact team is what i plan to use when i run out of jozu friends or feel like a faster run. hope we're friends. always need more max special wb

RalchAC

My Brook is at level 88, my Zoro 95, my Kaku 91, my Ace 85 and my Killer and Lucci are both maxed. I'll try the Slasher team that Cloggerdude linked but I'll use his special earlier in order to minimise damage a bit sooner.

I'll try the Ace + Jozu team too and see which one is faster and safer.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm actually I think I can still use Alvida in my build. I think for the first 2 turns I attack without activating WB special. So turn 1 and 2 you fish for good orbs and make sure he's above 50% and pop Alvida on the second turn. After that pop both WB and finish him off.

I was thinking about this too, whatever you end up running with I'm sure you'll find success. Ultimately it's what you personally feel more comfortable with.

that exact team is what i plan to use when i run out of jozu friends or feel like a faster run. hope we're friends. always need more max special wb

We're friends, I'm "LUCY" on your FL, PLV 348. Be sure to hit up that reddit megathread for more max/max WBs, I was able to acquire a few there myself. I'm going to give a Jozu team a try myself too, but that may not be until tomorrow.

Kumo

WB/WB
Kaku/Mihawk
Sanji/Killer

Mind if I add you? I also want to run a WB team, but mine's only 21 turn cd just so you know. I've been looking at other WB runs and it still seems doable. It'll just require some extra attention.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Mind if I add you? I also want to run a WB team, but mine's only 21 turn cd just so you know. I've been looking at other WB runs and it still seems doable. It'll just require some extra attention.

I added you via the list. Try to accept it soon though, I can't remember how many requests I sent out earlier as I only have 2 friend spots left.

bjork

Is Mihawk not a viable member? His type is a disadvantage, but he can still pop his special to start things off, right?

Tidd

Lol skill up event ends right before the return of 3 raid bosses ;)

hmm something special which lasts two days? Two new raid bosses? Zephyr and Doffy?

And choose your own turtle time. RIP waking up in the middle of the night.

TIME FOR BB!!

Mazre

Looks like my subs are too weak for BB40 at the moment but I scored one off my first 30 stam run so it's all good for now. Will leave my jozu up for those with a farm capable team.

cw_sasuke

Got him on my first try with 30 stamina feels good. No problem for Double Jozu... Now let's see about 40 stamina.

Jayhawk

Got Blackbeard on first attempt of the 30-stamina. Only needed to gem once for 40-stamina with my Boa team using Jozu friend captain. If I had more high-level Boa friend captains, I think I would be able to kill him a couple more times. Timely heals from two Boa Hancocks and Brook would be okay for this fight.

Got him first try on a 40 stamina run with double Jozy. It was pretty close, but I also messed up a ton, so maybe this really is doable after all.

RedBoot

Nobody had a Mihawk up, so I switched to an Ace/Jozu setup. Cleared 30stam easily (and got a drop), and managed to almost clear 40stam (just ended up 2 rounds short). Not bad considering I prepared for a completely different team setup. If I level up Kaku, Ace, and Killer for next time, I might be able to handle 40stam for farming (alongside the old Slasher plan). We'll probably have other methods by then too (Dofy).

Love the cinematics too. Though we're getting it a bit too early in the "storyline."

Took a few *cough* times, but I think I've finally gotten down how to beat 40 stamina with double Jozu. Just need to be cognizant of what your health levels are going to be after each silence. So if I'm at 46k and I'll go to 32k after the silence, I might as well just stall an extra couple of turns for more blue orbs.

Of course, this is more important at the 20% mark. That part took longer for me to figure out than I'm proud of...

I'm done for the night though. I've basically exhausted my Jozu friends at this point. I'll definitely be farming more tomorrow though.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I went with Jozu / Ace combo, it seemed fine, however I was very reliant on getting good orbs throughout the fight, particularly the last 20%. However, my success percent went up by a decent margin when I cut Killer for Jozu. Jozu could set his own orb, get me more health, and more recovery, so it ended up working out. Got 11 total Wins on 40 and 4 Wipes.

Thanks for everyone who watched tonight, I think someone posted a neogaf thread on the chat, so I assumed someone was on.

makaveli13

Neo Member
I'm not having too much trouble using a 2 x Jozu team as long as I pay attention.

using kaku, Ivan, lucci, HW Zoro as subs.

I am getting him to just above %50 health then waiting for some health orbs, then burst him down and heal the next turn. I don't get him below 20% until I have kaku ready.

Alright, so I think I've got a team figured out. This is based off of a post on the Facebook group, so I can't take much credit for it, but I did tweak it a little and run it through my calculator to verify that it works. Before it required some luck with orbs, but this is a little more consistent.

Here Is The Team

Cooldown Requirements:
Mihawk (both): 18 Turns
Brook: 19 Turns

Stage 1: Stall 2 Turns - No damage
Stage 2: Stall 6-7 Turns - Take 1 hit from the Lobster (2,652 damage). The Lobster only has 18 HP (5 Turns with 4 combo), so make sure you spread some of the hits to the Turtles.
Stage 3: Stall 2 Turns - No damage
Stage 4: Stall 2 Turns - No damage. Go Mihawk > Brook (1st Elder Dead) > Mihawk (2nd Elder Dead) > Lucci (Red Minion Dead) > Mr. 1 (Green Minion Dead) > Zoro (Blue Minion Dead). Although the Elder seahorses have 8HP, we can still kill the second one, as long as we hit all three perfects, because we'll have the damage to overcome its Defense.

Total Turns: 12-13 (we will assume 12)

Blackbeard:
Turn 1: 201,778
Turn 2: 201,778
Turn 6: 201,778 - Note, this is an important Turn. If you did 201,778 every turn, then Blackbeard will be sitting at 53% HP after this attack, which means we won't get silenced. If you have gotten matching orbs at any point during the past few turns, then you may want to intentionally get a Great hit at some point here, just so you don't go past the 50% mark.

Turn 7: 201,778 + Both Mihawk Specials
Turn 8: 252,222 = Mr. 1 AND Brook specials
Turn 9: 32,272
Turn 10: 201,778 - Feel free to use any burst specials you have at this point (Zoro/Lucci).

And there you have it. The big downsides to this team are the level requirements, and the precision in hitting Perfects that is required. This last part can easily be remedied by a few key matching orbs, but it could also go the other way with some non-matching orbs. Thankfully, I've assumed that Lucci gets locked instead of Zoro. If Zoro gets locked, then we will do more damage each turn and will do about 45k more damage at the end with Lucci's special, which relaxes the requirements a bit.

I know it's not perfect, but I feel like it's one of the first teams where we have pretty solid proof that it actually works. Feel free to prove me wrong (no really, please), but I feel pretty good about it.

Now to farm a crap ton of QCK turtles tonight...
I followed this and got super lucky with him dropping on my first 30 STA run. I don't have a good enough QCK team to farm his 40 STA version (couldn't skill up Brook), so I will do that the next time he comes around.

Hisoka

Yolo indeed lol

He's no match for my double Jozu, even the 40 one.
You really just have to think about orbs and pray that Kaku doesn't get locked.

At first i look for good orbs, bump BB to 21%, then he silences only one captain. I activate Kaku, give him a blast. Next turn no silence, still one orb boosting turn left, activate ivankov first, then Jimbe. Give him a full row.
If he does survive (he didn't in my case lol)-
You still have 2 turns to kill him off.
If he still survives this..
My team has a base hp of 16000 already - i just need one food orb to survive 4 turns after my burst. That's faaaaar enough.
Dont know why but my dmg was higher than predicted. :D
Maybe i will farm him...

Top Bottom