• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Heng

i don't want to farm teach anymore because for some reason,i can defeat him only if one of the guy on the bottom is locked..if the other one is,i never manage to do it..so i reuled it not safe to farm and decided to try my luck with brook or smoker...one problem,no one has an asura zoro or a decent red captain on atm for some reason
I can put up Kidd or Kuma if you want, or even Law.

I'm looking forward to the Zephyr event only because with a Marco burst team it takes under 4 minutes per run. I'm 45 BB copies in and I've only messed up once but man, this feels like a slog.

I'm looking forward to the Zephyr event only because with a Marco burst team it takes under 4 minutes per run. I'm 45 BB copies in and I've only messed up once but man, this feels like a slog.

Ugh, you're a lot farther than me at least. I'm starting to wonder if I'll even make it to 50 copies now.

i have 3 copies :p

what team are you guys using?

kqh1Spo.jpg

With friend Jozu. It's a lot safer than I was expecting it to be. When you get Black Beard under 20%, if you get 1 meat orb in the next 2 turns (at least with my team's HP in particular), it will give you enough health to tank another hit essentially letting you take another turn to reroll orbs if needed. Killer's skill gives you another safety net if necessary but I've had instances where I didn't even need it.

Majukun

It's a lot safer than I was expecting it to be. When you get Black Beard under 20%, if you get 1 meat orb in the next 2 turns (at least with my team's HP in particular), it will give you enough health to tank another hit essentially letting you take another turn to reroll orbs if needed. Killer's skill gives you another safety net if necessary but I've had instances where I didn't even need it.

yeah,problem is i don't have either capone or killer...
managed to clear 40 stamina with a hyper-leveled double jozu team,but for some strange reason (maybe the skill?),i can complete the stage if it locks hw zoro,but not if it locks ace...so i postponed the farming,i don't know if i'll regret it...is blackbeard used much?since he seems to live or die by his skills and not much else

i have 3 copies :p

what team are you guys using?

I'm using that exact same team that you quoted on the last page. The only thing I changed was moving Kaku to the middle slot and HW Zoro down to the bottom.

I think that's the team you were trying, so it really should work. I've not died once since last night using that team. You just really have to focus on farming Blue orbs when you get him close to 20%.

yeah,problem is i don't have either capone or killer...
managed to clear 40 stamina with a hyper-leveled double jozu team,but for some strange reason (maybe the skill?),i can complete the stage if it locks hw zoro,but not if it locks ace...so i postponed the farming,i don't know if i'll regret it...is blackbeard used much?since he seems to live or die by his skills and not much else

He completely destroys Duval and can be used as another plausible captain team against Doffy. I wouldn't say he's as essential to maxing as say Garp or Mihawk but he has a very specific niche he fills and does it very well.

Majukun

I'm using that exact same team that you quoted on the last page. The only thing I changed was moving Kaku to the middle slot and HW Zoro down to the bottom.

I think that's the team you were trying, so it really should work. I've not died once since last night using that team. You just really have to focus on farming Blue orbs when you get him close to 20%.

it worked half of the time for me for some reason..maybe i'll try a bit later :/

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
But why would you try to max skill him when special rate up is 5 days away?

The special event might be a promo that leads to a raid or sugofest which is why it starts at 0:00 and ends at 17:59

I typically just play this game at face value and go day/date with events on-hand, especially the raids. I have fun doing it, given its maniacal requirements of a long gameplay session(s). But yes, it could've easily been more sound to wait till next week. Yet in the same sense, I've had luck play out differently during rate ups and when it's normal. I used to help facilitate running data with other players in the Reddit OPTC chat, until it was ultimately determined what the general percentages are. We've actually had events where the rate up has been nerfed on purpose during a raid day. So in a sense, I almost view the whole special level rate up (especially super success) as a placebo effect.

For me it's just typically doing volume runs, which is no secret at all in terms of what many others do to acquire mass drops. I'd say I was lucky with my 115 copies, as I've failed before using the same tactics.

With the secret event going on next week, I'm comfortable with whatever comes. Even if it's something that coincides with "if I had just waited" or something. I can't prepare for something I don't even know what is to begin with. If I had to guess... maybe we get a free Rebecca or a super sugo or a surprise Doffy or princess turtles. But really who knows.

Majukun

I typically just play this game at face value and go day/date with events on-hand, especially the raids. I have fun doing it, given its maniacal requirements of a long gameplay session(s). But yes, it could've easily been more sound to wait till next week. Yet in the same sense, I've had luck play out differently during rate ups and when it's normal. I used to help facilitate running data with other players in the Reddit OPTC chat, until it was ultimately determined what the general percentages are. We've actually had events where the rate up has been nerfed on purpose during a raid day. So in a sense, I almost view the whole special level rate up (especially super success) as a placebo effect.

For me it's just typically doing volume runs, which is no secret at all in terms of what many others do to acquire mass drops. I'd say I was lucky with my 115 copies, as I've failed before using the same tactics.

With the secret event going on next week, I'm comfortable with whatever comes. Even if it's something that coincides with "if I had just waited" or something. I can't prepare for something I don't even know what is to begin with. If I had to guess... maybe we get a free Rebecca or a super sugo or a surprise Doffy or princess turtles. But really who knows.

random-number-generator-dilbert-comic.jpg

Alright, I think I'm done with Black Beard. Progress report:

- I got 1 Black Beard evolved and sitting at level 49 with 68 copies to feed him when the skill up happens.

- This raid absolutely rained elder seahorses. I must have sold at least 15 of them and I still have 7 of them in my inventory.

- I should have been at 70 BBs but I flubbed a burst combo in one run and accidentally started a run with a Mihawk team and a Jozu friend captain.

- I had 45 Marco books and needed 4 skill ups so I figured since I needed the inventory space and probability was in my favor even outside a skill up event I would use some. It only took 10 books to skill max me. I wasn't expecting that but I'm not going to complain.

- Thanks to farming Ivankov and Black Beard and maxing my inventory to 500 my gems are RIP. Just 22 left now.

Kumo

Farmed 62 copies. :eek: Will that be enough? Hopefully. The grind was getting too much for me towards the end. All in all, 15 gems used. I messed up 5 of my runs I believe.

Thanks to all of my WB friends! Double WB + Mihawk is too OP. xD

ElChado

Neo Member
oh dear gosh why bandai.

log luffy NOW? already?!

skypiea fortnight!?

Wiper books the same time we get a CHANCE to even get wiper?!

Sugofest is AFTER the surprise thing in the daily gem event?!

What is going on bandai!

And a bunch of rate up for units I don't have: Blamenco, Vista, Kid, and Robin!

I'm not crazy about it being during a PSY rate up but there's so many good units in this sugo, I'm going to pull anyway.

Kumo

Oh boy. Time to hard pull for Marco. PSY up + boosted rate means I will surely pull him within a reasonable amount of gems.... right?? I have like 40 books saved for him too.

Dat Log Luffy tho.

Oh boy. Time to hard pull for Marco. PSY up + boosted rate means I will surely pull him within a reasonable amount of gems.... right?? I have like 40 books saved for him too.

Cobys! Cobys everywhere! As far as the eye can see!

Speaking of PSY units, if the ranking titles are anything to be believed, it looks like Franky will be the next returning fortnight.

TheShah

What island is the best place to farm a red lobster? Can't evolve Blackbeard. The ones in little garden spawn random colored lobsters.

Heng

Psy rate up on top of the Sugofest... there's so many pst characters I need (Urouge, Rakuyo, Mr. 2, Sengoku, and Shanks) on top of the log characters I want. I might even use all my gems for this Sugofest if I'm not careful >_<

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Psy rate up on top of the Sugofest... there's so many pst characters I need (Urouge, Rakuyo, Mr. 2, Sengoku, and Shanks) on top of the log characters I want. I might even use all my gems for this Sugofest if I'm not careful >_<
Urouge would be really nice for Kid...

I have 6 of the 12 boosted characters and no Legend. Besides the new Log characters, I don't have Marco, Capone or Shanks. I also don't have Rakuyo or Mr. 2 so I'll do some pulls.

I have <20 gems atm, so I'm tempted to drop some $ on this too. Although, that didn't work out for me well the last time >_>.

RedBoot

Well, Skypeia Warriors fortnight certainly makes more sense showing up now as opposed to after all the Impel Down levels like in the Japanese release. It's during the skill up too, so looks like I'll be trying to max Urouge and Kuma's specials. Laki's great if you want to farm a Wiper (or hope to pull SW Ace later on). Kamakiri might have been useful for Blackbeard.

It's cool that they're switching fortnights when it fits. Actually, if we keep getting story levels every month or so, we could be seeing the Afro Luffy fortnight early as well. It might even go Skypeia Warriors, Duck Squad, then Afro Luffy.

I've got plenty of PSY characters already, so that part of the sugo doesn't help me, but I'd certainly like to pull Kidd, Apoo, or Capone. Or Log Luffy, of course. Our next sugofest after this one might finish up the Log units, since we'll have Davy Back by then and they'll be able to give us Log Zoro and Franky. Strong World could be a while away.

The only thing that bums me out about the fortnight reshuffle, is that we won't be getting Ducksquad during the skill up event. It'd be nice to get GP Usopp maxed without having to horde books.

Hisoka

I managed to fall asleep during Blackbeard lol..
At least 15 of him.
Welp, at least i have some gems to spend on Sugo now. Please Marco, i stored 50 books for you!

Copons

Welp, I've basically squandered all my reserves of gems trying to yolo-pull motherfucking favorite character ever Mr. 2 to totally no avail. I managed to pull every single Chopper evolution though. And its base form too. Thanks Obama.

Well, I actually got Rakuyo and I'd be happier if I hadn't wasted so many gems AND had pulled Mr. 2. :'(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Lol used the reddit roller, got this my first shot

Marco, Log Luffy, Usopp, Vivi Nefertari, Coby Cabinboy, Marco, Usopp, Whitebeard, Miss Goldenweek and Flintlock Pistols Izo!

What a tease

RalchAC

Most of the boosted units aren't in my collection.

Marco, Robin, Blamenco, Apoo, Capone... I think I only have Kid and Ace from the boosted units list.

I may do 10-12 pulls in this Sugo. I have 90 gems right now and I should be between 105-110 after I finish Ark Maxim.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
After the BB Raid Jozu is definitely aiming for that MVP spot as a QCK unit. He is very useful against Dofla and after yesterday we can say that a Double Jozu team with high level subs is enough to clear BB 40 stamina without too much issues.

Meanwhile Ace was a disappointment again. Sad that my first RR pull in this game and one of my favorite characters is such a letdown even again STR Bosses.

Did anyone here clear 40 stamina comfortably with Ace ? Also did anyone use SWS Zoro and his active against BB ? He was hyped as being very useful for BB but looking at most team configs, no one really used him. Still sad that i evolved mine months ago because i didnt knew his active would change lol.

PS. Oh we are getting Log Luffy ? He is amazing but since i already have G3 i am not in a rush to get him...but yeah between Rayleigh, WB and now Log Luffy - time for some pulls.

Edit:

Frankys stage returning is nice as well...might be able to max skill him.

RalchAC

Did anyone here clear 40 stamina comfortably with Ace ? Also did anyone use SWS Zoro and his active against BB ? He was hyped as being very useful for BB but looking at most team configs, no one really used him. Still sad that i evolved mine months ago because i didnt knew his active would change lol.

My Ace+ Fr Jozu team couldn't beat it. I didn't have all my units maxed, Ace was 85, Brook 90 and H. Zoro was 95. But I'm not sure if having 50-80 extra ATK in those 3 units would have made such a huge difference.

Without effective orb manipulation, Thatch was the MVP here IMO. His special would have been really useful.

Edit:

We got Lucci before Blabkbeard. That can only mean one thing:
Zephyr is coming!?

I dunno if I'll do more than the neccesary runs, since my PSY Franky is already maxed (not the skill) and I only leveled him because I needed a PSY heavy hitter for my Zephyr team (using the Garp bust crew).

If Skypiea Warriors chars aren't that good, I may use those days to farm Ark Maxim units and Wapol.

Majukun

farmed around 15 blackbeard yesterday, sitting on 50 gems that will increase after next adventure island.. Sadly i will not reach the log bonus in time... did i read right? legends have a rate up this time?
nevermore, read better.. and also I have most of the skillup guys.. hype deflated.
by the way, log luffy is better than g3 luffy?

Majukun

so..what is the general consensu regarding the mystery of 24th?
while i don't know if it matters,the background of the announcement has newspapers,a barrel,wine and meat for some reason...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
My Ace+ Fr Jozu team couldn't beat it. I didn't have all my units maxed, Ace was 85, Brook 90 and H. Zoro was 95. But I'm not sure if having 50-80 extra ATK in those 3 units would have made such a huge difference.

Without effective orb manipulation, Thatch was the MVP here IMO. His special would have been really useful.

We got Lucci before Blabkbeard. That can only mean one thing:
Zephyr is coming!?

I dunno if I'll do more than the neccesary runs, since my PSY Franky is already maxed (not the skill) and I only leveled him because I needed a PSY heavy hitter for my Zephyr team (using the Garp bust crew).

If Skypiea Warriors chars aren't that good, I may use those days to farm Ark Maxim units and Wapol.

Can you use Thatch as a leader for BB ? Havent checked that out but yeah his special is very helpful..so is KIllers, Capone or Jinbeis just so that you can have guaranteed damage output for the last couple turns. Jozu is MVP because he is obliviously necessary as the Captain of those tank teams and his usefulness against Dofla is proven. I was surprised to see how man Jozus were in my Friendlist - the best Captains are less useful when nobody runs them.

Actually getting Franky skillups i just a nice boni, my main goal was getting those Vista skillups. I didnt farm the Franky Island when we first got it...dont know excatly why but my Vista is still a S.lvl 1.

Yeah still need to get Wapol but i already used up all his skillbooks because of space issues -.-

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
After the BB Raid Jozu is definitely aiming for that MVP spot as a QCK unit. He is very useful against Dofla and after yesterday we can say that a Double Jozu team with high level subs is enough to clear BB 40 stamina without too much issues.

Meanwhile Ace was a disappointment again. Sad that my first RR pull in this game and one of my favorite characters is such a letdown even again STR Bosses.

PS. Oh we are getting Log Luffy ? He is amazing but since i already have G3 i am not in a rush to get him...but yeah between Rayleigh, WB and now Log Luffy - time for some pulls.

Edit:

I used Ace/Jozu team for 1 whole night, when I was streaming. My win to loss ratio was 10-5. It was entirely luck dependent once you got to under 20%. Then went to double Jozu and went 35-1 lol. The 1 loss being horrendous luck.

I had big plans for farming after I got home from work last night, but then my 2 month old son decided it would be better to scream at the top of his lungs from 6-8:30. I started farming again as soon as my wife got home, but only ended up with a total of 32 BB's. Probably won't be able to max him, but oh well.

Log Luffy though? Oh man, oh man, oh man. THIS is the reason I haven't pulled a G3 yet. I JUST KNOW IT!

Top Bottom