• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

chrono01

Well I got my Blackbeard from 30-stamina, but I'm going to echo the many here and say I won't farm him until next time, when I can skill up my Brook [sitting on so many copies] and, hopefully, have Doflamingo. I have one I can level up/evolve, so that's enough for me.

Best of luck to those who didn't get theirs yet, or decide to farm some!

theDonutking

Neo Member
I hate Blackbeard so much. Took 3 stones to clear 40stam because of an active skill slip. Is an Ace team better than a Garp team for this rush?

I kept going back to my slasher team to try and farm chess/kuromarimo with my left over stamina since he's (they) is the only semi-useful story mode character I haven't farmed yet but I didn't realize that if you refill your stamina with a gem, it will overfill your meter like it does with snails so I could have been saving up that extra stamina for more BB runs.

I wasn't going to farm BB this time around but since I can consistently beat him with my double Jozu team and since they're having the skill-up event a lot sooner than expected, I figure why not. I'm at 12 BB so far and I only died once because I fucked up my burst chain when BB was sub 20%.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I hate Blackbeard so much. Took 3 stones to clear 40stam because of an active skill slip. Is an Ace team better than a Garp team for this rush?

You can try a burst team with Double Garp, V2 Coby, Mr 2, Marco, and Impact Dial Usopp. If you have the levels
https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...99,263:99,223:70,208:70C1,10B0D364O0L0G6S100H

Or you could try a double jozu team:
https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...99,324:99,232:99,322:99C1,10B0D364O0L0G4S100H

ElChado

Neo Member
it's kind of funny. I havent died with my double jozu team yet it's super comfy and easy and safe.

But i've died with double wb because the second turn gave me weak orbs on everyone so he survived with a sliver.

Back to double jozu it is.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cleared 40 stam also on my first attempt without issues - seems to be a very safe team and you have multiple round to heal/stall if necessary.

quickmemo_2015-11-19-losu1.png

I got BB from a 30 drop, so I'm not in dire need of running 40. However, I would do so if I can put together a gem-less team. However, I don't think that's possible with these QCK units (all full evolved). I have a few turtles and pigs I can use, but I don't think that would change things much. Thoughts?

Ace - 75 (22 CD)
Killer - 85 (35 CD)
H.Zoro - Max (16 CD)
Lucci - Max (19 CD)
Brook - 91 (22 CD)
Kaku - 88 (16 CD)
DJ Sanji - 65 (14 CD)
Hina - 61 (20 CD)
Tashigi - 52 (25 CD)
H.Nami - 51 (11 CD)
Mr. Prince - 43 (20 CD)
Lulu - 39 (14 CD)
Pell - 5 (21 CD)
Kuro - 1 (15 CD)
Ivankov - 1 (17 CD)

Dogguin - 37 (14 CD)
Mr. 9 - 33 (15 CD)
Gin - 26 (15 CD)
Higuma - 15 (39 CD)
Carne - 9
Johnny - 5 (18 CD)

RalchAC

Fuck. The Slasher team is not possible right now, at least with Mr.1 since he nullifies buffs even at full health.

The Ace/Jozu team is almost there. But I always dies when BB has 5% HP remaining. Fuck.

Awesome event BTW. The Clash of Clashes format (3 bosses in a week) could become a recurring event and choose your time TTs are awesome. Since it looks I'm not gemming for BB (slight modifications won't turn my almost there in 100% farmable) I'll max Garp and maybe skill up Chopper a bit.

I wonder which surprise are they saving for us :O

Garp was rough! I think I went 100+ turns with a zombie team!

Are you ready to take revenge?

I got BB from a 30 drop, so I'm not in dire need of running 40. However, I would do so if I can put together a gem-less team. However, I don't think that's possible with these QCK units (all full evolved). I have a few turtles and pigs I can use, but I don't think that would change things much. Thoughts?

Ace - 75 (22 CD)
Killer - 85 (35 CD)
H.Zoro - Max (16 CD)
Lucci - Max (19 CD)
Brook - 91 (22 CD)
Kaku - 88 (16 CD)
DJ Sanji - 65 (14 CD)
Hina - 61 (20 CD)
Tashigi - 52 (25 CD)
H.Nami - 51 (11 CD)
Mr. Prince - 43 (20 CD)
Lulu - 39 (14 CD)
Pell - 5 (21 CD)
Kuro - 1 (15 CD)
Ivankov - 1 (17 CD)

Dogguin - 37 (14 CD)
Mr. 9 - 33 (15 CD)
Gin - 26 (15 CD)
Higuma - 15 (39 CD)
Carne - 9
Johnny - 5 (18 CD)

Levels are too low, I think

Been doing 30 sta BB with the following team:

ace/ace
kaku/capone
killer/hina

Beat him 3 times with relative ease. (one more hit would've killed me both times, but I had no issue bursting him down either way.); no drop yet though. :(

Not too surprising, my drop luck on 30 sta raids has never been that great; didn't get ivankov for the same reason.

cw_sasuke

Okay after six successful 40 stam runs I don't think you can die with a double Jozu team and max lvl subs unless you get ridiculous unlucky. With an orbchanger or Killer as a fail safe it's even better. Def the easiest raidboss so far for me.

@RalchAC

Nice finally getting my last Garp skill books. Just sucks that we will mis the 2x skill up event.

ElChado

Neo Member
Okay after six successful 40 stam runs I don't think you can die with a double Jozu team and max lvl subs unless you get ridiculous unlucky. With an orbchanger or Killer as a fail safe it's even better. Def the easiest raidboss so far for me.

@RalchAC

Nice finally getting my last Garp skill books. Just sucks that we will mis the 2x skill up event.

i actually got close to dying just now with double jozu because i forgot how close i was to 20% and then got int/psy/tandem orbs so my capone was useless for most of them while sitting at 8000 hp. Good thing killer special came through for me.

Majukun

I guess I'm going to try to make this team work:

https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...22:94,766:99,75:90,324:75C1,10B0D0O6L0G0S100H

It makes things a lot tighter, and it will also probably take longer, but it does at least seem possible. Of course, I wonder how many Max level Jozu's will actually be available.
can you confirm this works for 40 stamina?
I have done the first 30 stamina but either no drop, now. wondering if I have to keep doing that or try my luck with 40 stamina
edit:damn, make the clash start just when the double skillrate it's over it's cruel, like, Disney evil

bjork

Welp, I got stuffed on 30 once, but I spent a gem and finished. Then I changed teams and went for the 40 and had to gem twice, haha. So dumb. I thought, "I'll take these dual mihawks and snuff out a ton of his health right away," and that did work, but the aftermath was very much not pretty.

Still, got two BBs and that's good enough for me. I think I really need to buckle down on leveling my key units, as I only have a handful maxed and never more than 1 of any type so far. Everyone's like 50-60 which is fine for story missions, but all of these raid bosses except for Mihawk are strong enough to stonewall me on the toughest version.

So what are the chances that the secret event is Princess Turtle?

The 66 hour timeframe seems weird for that, but it's the only thing I could think of that might make sense. I can't seem them doing a Sugo for that long and it's too soon to think they'll do 4.0 (w/ a 66 hour Socket Books event) so soon after we just got a nice update.

Wazzy

Banned
Got him on 30 stam and don't plan to do 40. My blue team is probably not good enough and I beat him with a gear 3 team.

RalchAC

So what are the chances that the secret event is Princess Turtle?

The 66 hour timeframe seems weird for that, but it's the only thing I could think of that might make sense. I can't seem them doing a Sugo for that long and it's too soon to think they'll do 4.0 (w/ a 66 hour Socket Books event) so soon after we just got a nice update.

If it's a surprise it should be something that we haven't got so far. My best is a 30 minutes long Cotton Candy island. Why?

- I found it's too soon for them to release a new version. We just got challenges.
- Too long for Sugo. And we won't get a new raid boss so soon TBH.
- Princess Turtle times are a new feature. Choose your time TTs are a new feature too. My bet is they would release those at Christmas.
- Too soon for adding Grand Line story characters to Friend gacha. We're just getting Enel. Maybe Christmas?

After my bad luck with Garp dupes last time (got 5/34) I'm thinking about just going all out and not hoarding them. I could hard some Monster Choppers instead.

Having 3 runs per gem feels awesome though. But I'd know better how it feels if my team could farm BB :p

cw_sasuke

Dem Feelings... :-/

quickmemo_2015-11-19-axu44.png

i actually got close to dying just now with double jozu because i forgot how close i was to 20% and then got int/psy/tandem orbs so my capone was useless for most of them while sitting at 8000 hp. Good thing killer special came through for me.

Yeah, thats why i always make sure to have Killer ready if i cant stall anymore because meat doesnt show up. But thats why Jozu is so great...you can stall forever and even get a non skilled Killer ready for action.

Didnt expect to farm him but considering how easy it is i will try to get as much copies as possible - the its back to Smoker. Cant wait for skill up event next week.
I have done the first 30 stamina but either no drop, now. wondering if I have to keep doing that or try my luck with 40 stamina
edit:damn, make the clash start just when the double skillrate it's over it's cruel, like, Disney evil
lol..yeah they know exactly what they are doing xD
Only have 2 Garp skill level left but without event this could end up taking 20 copies if i am unlucky.
After my bad luck with Garp dupes last time (got 5/34) I'm thinking about just going all out and not hoarding them. I could hard some Monster Choppers instead.

Having 3 runs per gem feels awesome though. But I'd know better how it feels if my team could farm BB :p

You got 5/34 with 2x skill up being live ? Damn that sucks, RNG can be shitty even during these events. I agree that hoarding isnt always the strategy but for Raidbosses i dont know if you should just feed them outside of an event unless you have only a couple skillups left or you need his slvl lower for an upcoming event.

Tough to tell since we dont know when Zephyr will appear. Feels like my team for him has been ready since mid summer or whenever Garp appeared first.

Sucks that you are missing a single piece for BB - but you will have the right team together once he comes back.

PS: Didn't even know about a 30 minute Cotton Candy Island... any information on the enemies that show up there or useful teams ?

Hisoka

@RalchAC

Im on the same boat. Nice that Jozu is so reliable! :D
And damn onions while i play, cutscenes are awesome.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
It's been about 9 hours so far, but time to sleep and continue this tomorrow. My Blackbeard is currently sitting at LV97, with 13 skill ups. Just two more of each...

Hopefully everyone else is fairing well and/or acquired their Blackbeards.

Tidd

Skill up event? Who cares! I don't have any skill books lol maybe I should save some Brooks and Smokers. Whatever I will run for the rest of the week.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah, I ended up going Double Jozu post stream and it was pretty brain dead as long as you don't get all green orbs the entire BB fight. It basically gives you 4 turns under 20%, which is more than enough to get there. Ace/Jozu adds too many RNG luck requirements.

Majukun

guys,guys...double jozu is actually doable whatever team you have as long as you have an enough leveled team
just made 40 stamina with

2 x jozu max
lucci max
kaku max
ace max
HW zoro 89

no special really needed

Heng

Man smoker drop rate is horrendous... it makes Brook Island seem generous. I've spent 2 days farming him and so far I've only gotten 4 drops. Was his drop rate always this bad? I might just run BB for the experience than getting Vivi books from Smoker.

RalchAC

Man smoker drop rate is horrendous... it makes Brook Island seem generous. I've spent 2 days farming him and so far I've only gotten 4 drops. Was his drop rate always this bad? I might just run BB for the experience than getting Vivi books from Smoker.

Technically you get more exp doing Smoker instead of BB. But if I were you and had a reliable tram I'll farm him anyway. You won't max him with 20 copies and will make his return less tedious.

I want a Jozu damn it! T.T

RedBoot

I'm getting pretty solid luck on 30stam Blackbeard, he's dropped 5 times out of 6 runs. I'm not going to gem, but I'll get as many as I can with natural stamina. If I can manage 2-3 skill ups next week, that'll be a nice boost for later on when I can clear 40stam a little more reliably.

I'm super curious about the special event too. It should totally be Fat Usopp + Heracles since it's around Thanksgiving.

Yeah, it was that bad last time. I think he and Arlong have had the lowest drop rates of any fortnight boss so far. I wouldn't mind getting some skill levels on my Biker Smoker, but I think I'll get more out of running Brook for the rest of the week.

I'm also curious about what the next fortnight will be, since it's possible they'll hold back Candy-chan for February. I hope it is, though, since I don't need much from that fortnight. It'll give me a chance to grind for a Croc or Enel drop.

Yup, I can definitely confirm that it works. As I said before, just watch out for certain damage points before silences and it's easy sailing.

For instance, you'll have about ~64k health starting out. When he gets to below 50%, your HP will be cut to 32k. What this means is that you basically have 32k health to play with before getting him below 50%. It doesn't matter if you get him to below 50% in 2 turns or 6 turns, you're still going to end up with 32k health - 6k damage. Use that knowledge to your advantage and try to stall for Blue orbs.

More importantly though is the 20% HP point. You'll be at ~16k health when he double silences you, so you still have a few turns to stall for blue orbs. It's kind of hard to explain, but it makes sense once you've done it a couple of times.

Kaku getting locked makes the whole process harder, but it's definitely still doable with Ace. Just make sure that you use Ace, Lucci, and HW Zoro's specials once you get him to below 20%. It might not seem like much, but it can make a difference some runs.

Edit: I think I'm going to try to moving HW Zoro to the bottom slot, next to Ace. That way I won't have to worry about Kaku getting locked. The difference in damage should be fairly minimal otherwise.

Heng

Technically you get more exp doing Smoker instead of BB. But if I were you and had a reliable tram I'll farm him anyway. You won't max him with 20 copies and will make his return less tedious.

I want a Jozu damn it! T.T
Yeah this is true, maybe I'll farm Brook instead. I would have more incentive to farm Smoker if more people used Kidd as captain but it seems slasher team is a better option in most fort night.
Yeah, it was that bad last time. I think he and Arlong have had the lowest drop rates of any fortnight boss so far. I wouldn't mind getting some skill levels on my Biker Smoker, but I think I'll get more out of running Brook for the rest of the week.
This would explain why my smoker only has 1 skill up.

I can't wait for this skill up event, I'm going to have 156 box spaces back. It's going to be filled with MC and Garp a few days later though...

Yeah, moving Kaku up to the middle spot definitely makes life easier. I haven't lost any today from having Kaku being locked, but I definitely had a few close calls. Him being placed in the middle spot seems to counteract most of that.

It's been a while since I've done this: Is 50 a pretty safe number for maxing BB during the special up event?

Heng

Yeah, moving Kaku up to the middle spot definitely makes life easier. I haven't lost any today from having Kaku being locked, but I definitely had a few close calls. Him being placed in the middle spot seems to counteract most of that.

It's been a while since I've done this: Is 50 a pretty safe number for maxing BB during the special up event?
He starts off at 30 and the lowest CD is 15, so if you're unlucky and get 1/5 chance during skill up event, it would take you 75 copies. However if you have moderate luck, you might have a 1/4 chance to skill up, do 70 would be another good number. Nothing is guaranteed so it's up to you on how much you think will be enough.

He starts off at 30 and the lowest CD is 15, so if you're unlucky and get 1/5 chance during skill up event, it would take you 75 copies. However if you have moderate luck, you might have a 1/4 chance to skill up, do 70 would be another good number. Nothing is guaranteed so it's up to you on how much you think will be enough.

Well, I was going under the assumption that a normal skill up chance is apparently 15%. So, during the event, it should be 30%. That means that we should get an average of 1.5 skill ups per 5 combines. So that's where I was getting the 50 number from. Obviously it's still going to depend a lot on how lucky I get that day.

I hope I get lucky though, because this team would be a blast against Doffy:

https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...3:99,227:99,249:99,412:99C2,10B0D0O0L0G0S100H

Merry Go would actually probably be more effective (not sure), but it's so cool seeing total HP of 106k.

Jayhawk

I used 20 skillbooks on Marco before the skill up event was announced in preparation for possible use against Blackbeard. 0 skill ups from those 20 books. lol

His skillbook appears in the the Japanese version of Carue's fortnight isle which might be coming soon for Global. I hope it comes out next exactly, so that it's active during double skill ups for GP Usopp and Marco skillbooks.

ElChado

Neo Member
If it's a surprise it should be something that we haven't got so far. My best is a 30 minutes long Cotton Candy island. Why?

- I found it's too soon for them to release a new version. We just got challenges.
- Too long for Sugo. And we won't get a new raid boss so soon TBH.
- Princess Turtle times are a new feature. Choose your time TTs are a new feature too. My bet is they would release those at Christmas.
- Too soon for adding Grand Line story characters to Friend gacha. We're just getting Enel. Maybe Christmas?

The special event could be multiple things together as the start time of 0:00 is never paired with an end time of 17:59.

Well, I was going under the assumption that a normal skill up chance is apparently 15%. So, during the event, it should be 30%. That means that we should get an average of 1.5 skill ups per 5 combines. So that's where I was getting the 50 number from. Obviously it's still going to depend a lot on how lucky I get that day.

I hope I get lucky though, because this team would be a blast against Doffy:

https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...3:99,227:99,249:99,412:99C2,10B0D0O0L0G0S100H

Merry Go would actually probably be more effective (not sure), but it's so cool seeing total HP of 106k.

I decided to actually run this team through my damage calculator spreadsheet, and I'm pleased to report that it definitely does work. It should work with either ship actually, but I need to adjust some calculations on the spreadsheet to be 100% sure. If so, the Going Merry version is actually a few turns faster, but that's assuming you don't take any damage during Stages 1-4.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that we'll have to tank some hits during the first four stages, so the Marine Ship might be required after all.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I've got Jozu up now for anyone who needs him and is still running Blackbeard. I'll keep circulating whatever captains I have to hopefully help.

In the end it took 115 copies to skill max Blackbeard outside of the rate up. With the 'same character bonus' and red turtles it was more than enough to fully level him. I have 21 copies left over, I'll probably aim for an even 30 later.

The WB team I ran was relatively pleasant. I died a couple times early on trying to figure out my stalling strategy and a couple more times throughout due to bad orbs or a bad combo which always left me around 50,000 HP short for damage. But all in all, it was pretty straight forward.

Well, I was going under the assumption that a normal skill up chance is apparently 15%. So, during the event, it should be 30%.

Normal skill up chance is around 12.5%, with the double rate up being closer to 24%.

Even crueler is that Japan currently has Skill Up that ends on the 24th and will be getting 4 raid bosses between the 20th and 24th (Buster Call, Zephyr, Aokiji, Mihawk).

Normal skill up chance is around 12.5%, with the double rate up being closer to 24%.

So more like 62.5 copies. Oh well, I doubt I'll be able to get to that today. I've been farming diligently throughout the day, but I'm sitting on about 20 copies so far. I feel like I can probably make it to 50 copies by the end of the event, but any more will probably be pushing it. We shall see though.

Majukun

i don't want to farm teach anymore because for some reason,i can defeat him only if one of the guy on the bottom is locked..if the other one is,i never manage to do it..so i reuled it not safe to farm and decided to try my luck with brook or smoker...one problem,no one has an asura zoro or a decent red captain on atm for some reason

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
is it just two maxed Vivis and you're healing faster than Teach can hurt you? That sounds amazing and long.
Yeah pretty much, gotta burst down the last 20% before he attacks again or you can get lucky with a couple meat orbs to take his next attack.
Wasn't too bad, I think Zombie-ing Garp was longer, but maybe that was just my lazy ass only using Mihawk and Onigumo specials on Garp.

ElChado

Neo Member
I've got Jozu up now for anyone who needs him and is still running Blackbeard. I'll keep circulating whatever captains I have to hopefully help.

In the end it took 115 copies to skill max Blackbeard outside of the rate up. With the 'same character bonus' and red turtles it was more than enough to fully level him. I have 21 copies left over, I'll probably aim for an even 30 later.

The WB team I ran was relatively pleasant. I died a couple times early on trying to figure out my stalling strategy and a couple more times throughout due to bad orbs or a bad combo which always left me around 50,000 HP short for damage. But all in all, it was pretty straight forward.

But why would you try to max skill him when special rate up is 5 days away?

The special event might be a promo that leads to a raid or sugofest which is why it starts at 0:00 and ends at 17:59

Top Bottom