• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

bjork

Had 5 gems, threw a pull. Base Urogue.

I've decided to finally get down to farming all the named stuff I'm missing, and I won't pull until I get them all. Guess I need to get busy.

RalchAC

Lately I've been thinking a bit...

Wouldn't a Kid/Whitebeard team be able to kill Doflamingo 60 stamina?

Something like:

Kid / WB
Alvida / Kraken
Mihawk / GP Usopp

I haven't run any special calculations, but it feels solid enough to me.

My biggest worry about this time is if Alvida's mitigation would be enough to survive until I can turn delay, since I won't have much HP to spare.

Heng

so..what is the general consensu regarding the mystery of 24th?
while i don't know if it matters,the background of the announcement has newspapers,a barrel,wine and meat for some reason...
I watched someone's stream and they said Japan had a special island for Oars which lasted 2 days as well that never returned. It sounds like this might be the case, I just don't see us getting something like princess turtle or cotton candy island this early.

I had big plans for farming after I got home from work last night, but then my 2 month old son decided it would be better to scream at the top of his lungs from 6-8:30. I started farming again as soon as my wife got home, but only ended up with a total of 32 BB's. Probably won't be able to max him, but oh well.

Log Luffy though? Oh man, oh man, oh man. THIS is the reason I haven't pulled a G3 yet. I JUST KNOW IT!
That sucks about not being able to farm but at least you have a respectable amount.

My hopes are high for Log Luffy too. We just have to believe!

koryuken

I used Ace/Jozu team for 1 whole night, when I was streaming. My win to loss ratio was 10-5. It was entirely luck dependent once you got to under 20%. Then went to double Jozu and went 35-1 lol. The 1 loss being horrendous luck.

I was able to farm 45 copies of BB with an Ace/Jozu team, but I have a Boa sub. I think you need a healer like Boa or Brook for this team to work. Otherwise, there's no room for error and bad orbs could mean automatic loss.

Lately I've been thinking a bit...

Wouldn't a Kid/Whitebeard team be able to kill Doflamingo 60 stamina?

Something like:

Kid / WB
Alvida / Kraken
Mihawk / GP Usopp

I haven't run any special calculations, but it feels solid enough to me.

My biggest worry about this time is if Alvida's mitigation would be enough to survive until I can turn delay, since I won't have much HP to spare.

If only someone had made a Doflamingo battle simulator.....

*cough cough cough*

Although, to be fair, I do need to make some Quality of Life changes to that spreadsheet. I'll probably work on that today some.

RedBoot

I was able to farm 45 copies of BB with an Ace/Jozu team, but I have a Boa sub. I think you need a healer like Boa or Brook for this team to work. Otherwise, there's no room for error and bad orbs could mean automatic loss.

Yeah, I managed to get within 2 turns of clearing 40stam BB with an Ace/Jozu team that was fairly underleveled (Ace, Jozu, Brook, Kaku, Lucci, Killer. Jozu, Brook and Lucci were 75-80, everyone else was around 50). It's definitely doable. I think I'll farm out some Brook copies before his island leaves so I can use a similar team when BB returns (unless I'm lucky enough to pull my own Jozu before then).

In other news, it looks like the Colosseum in the Japanese version is getting new versions of Basil Hawkins and Wiper (along with Mr. 7 and Miss Father's Day). I guess the Colosseum will focus on non-RR versions of the Supernovas for the time being.

Majukun

hmm...for doflamingo the best team seems to be the monster chopper one..but i don't have a single skillup on him atm..counting that i also have to try and max garp and only 50 gems total atm..i don't know if i'll be able to pull for the next sugofest

sure they are giving us plenty of reason to spend gems lately

i never understod how those spreadshit works..you even explained to me once but still have no idea how to use them :p

Hahaha, I know. I've tried to make them more user friendly with each successive version, but it's still super intimidating when you first open it up. My dream would be to eventually integrate it with http://optc.github.io/damage/#/. That would make things SO much easier and user friendly.

If only I was decent at programming... I've actually thought about approaching those guys to see if they would be willing to integrate my idea into their site. Seems like a natural extension of what they already offer, but I probably wouldn't be able to help much with the actual javascript programming.

RalchAC

I watched someone's stream and they said Japan had a special island for Oars which lasted 2 days as well that never returned. It sounds like this might be the case, I just don't see us getting something like princess turtle or cotton candy island this early.

That sucks about not being able to farm but at least you have a respectable amount.

My hopes are high for Log Luffy too. We just have to believe!

It only lasted 2 days? I thought it lasted longer, like the Freezer crossover.

If only someone had made a Doflamingo battle simulator.....

*cough cough cough*

Although, to be fair, I do need to make some Quality of Life changes to that spreadsheet. I'll probably work on that today some.

Yeah, I need to mess around with that thing for a bit.

Yeah, I managed to get within 2 turns of clearing 40stam BB with an Ace/Jozu team that was fairly underleveled (Ace, Jozu, Brook, Kaku, Lucci, Killer. Jozu, Brook and Lucci were 75-80, everyone else was around 50). It's definitely doable. I think I'll farm out some Brook copies before his island leaves so I can use a similar team when BB returns (unless I'm lucky enough to pull my own Jozu before then).

In other news, it looks like the Colosseum in the Japanese version is getting new versions of Basil Hawkins and Wiper (along with Mr. 7 and Miss Father's Day). I guess the Colosseum will focus on non-RR versions of the Supernovas for the time being.

I dunno, the second batch of units were Marines.

hmm...for doflamingo the best team seems to be the monster chopper one..but i don't have a single skillup on him atm..counting that i also have to try and max garp and only 50 gems total atm..i don't know if i'll be able to pull for the next sugofest

sure they are giving us plenty of reason to spend gems lately

And this is just Thanksgiving. Christmas is going to be crazy lol.

Majukun

RalchAC wanna tap?

Heng

I'm not 100% sure, I didn't keep track of the OPTC japanese version in its early year. Also I can tap too, meet you guys at chrono's code?

got keys

zeke. Last one is yours if you wanna

Tapping now for both of you.

edit: I got keys from everyone today so far, thanks.

I'm beginning to wonder why they only give out and use keys in sets of 3. Maybe at one point they were going to give players ways to earn single keys through drops or snails but from the way it works now getting and using just 1 key for Porc Sanctuary would make more sense.

Hisoka

got keys

zeke. Last one is yours if you wanna
got zeke, sadly only beri

done for the day

Thanks for keys too!
Tapping now for both of you.

edit: I got keys from everyone today so far, thanks.

I'm beginning to wonder why they only give out and use keys in sets of 3. Maybe at one point they were going to give players ways to earn single keys through drops or snails but from the way it works now getting and using just 1 key for Porc Sanctuary would make more sense.

Thanks for cola!

Have 2 games left if anyone is interested :)

Just for fun, what's everyone's list of max skill characters?

Mine:

STR:
1. gear 3rd
2. alvida
3. fullbody

DEX:
1. Asura zoro
2. goldenweek

QCK:
Inuppe!

HEART:
1. princess vivi
2. impact usopp
3. bon clay
4.heart django

INT:
1. serg helmeppo
2. cabin helmeppo

I will add that I have a large list of characters that have quite a number of skill levels or are 1-2 away from max (notably: smoker and marco) but that's my list so far.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Sure why not....

STR - G3, Ironfist Fullbody, Fire Pearl, Halloween Franky
DEX - MIhawk, Asura Zoro, Law. Miss Goldenweek, Halloween Robin,Bellamy, Zeff, Saber Ensign (lol)
QCK - Ace, Jozu, Halloween Zoro, Hina, Sanji Dog
PSY - Vivi, Golden Pound, Impact Usopp
INT - Towl Nami, Slasher Croc, Mr 3, both Helmeppos, Broggy

...i also have a couple ones who are 1-2 away from max skill (Alvida,Smoker/Perona)

Mine:

STR:
1. gear 3rd
2. alvida
3. fullbody

DEX:
1. Asura zoro
2. goldenweek

QCK:
... nobody!

HEART:
1. princess vivi
2. impact usopp
3. bon clay
4.heart django

INT:
1. serg helmeppo
2. cabin helmeppo

I will add that I have a large list of characters that have quite a number of skill levels or are 1-2 away from max (notably: smoker and marco) but that's my list so far.
Yes skill up event, I need it!!!
As to who I've maxed:
Str =
Gear 3 Luffy
Frankenstein Franky
Double Ironfist Fullbody
Fire Pearl

Dex =
Ashura Zoro
Halloween Luffy
Guard Chopper

Qck =
Halloween Nami
Dog Penguin

Psy =
Sogeking
Impact Usopp
Mr 2 Bon Clay
Double Crosser Django

Int =
Cabin Boy Helmeppo
Lapin
General Zombie

Gear 2 Luffy
Gear 3 Luffy
Alvida
Fullbody
Fire Pearl
Kuroobi
Knuckle Ensign
Kumacy
Yosaku
Asura Zoro
Biker Smoker (1 away)
Mihawk
Law (1 away)
Hachi
Perona
Bellamy
Dancing Django
Neptunian Squid
Jigoro of the Wind
Diable Jambe Sanji
Ace
Killer (1 away)
Ivankov (1 away)
Halloween Nami
Mr. Prince
Hina (1 away)
Dog Penguin
Sogeking (1 away)
Princess Vivi (1 away)
Marco
Garp
Urouge (1 away)
GP Usopp
Impact Usopp
Bon Clay
Cindry
Tony Tony Chopper
Cabin Boy Coby
Marine Django
Gaimon
Thunderbolt Tempo Nami
Towel Nami
Shichibukai Croc
Halloween Chopper (1 away)
Cabin Boy Helmeppo
General Zombie

cw_sasuke

Hey Samurai impressive box - but you might wanna censor your ingame name,numbers of orbs/money etc. from these screens. I dont know if it is still happening but i remember a couple months ago people were falsely claiming accounts via customer service from other players who uploaded box screenshots.

Hey Samurai impressive box - but you might wanna censor your ingame name,numbers of orbs/money etc. from these screens. I dont know if it is still happening but i remember a couple months ago people were falsely claiming accounts via customer service from other players who uploaded box screenshots.
Ah thanks, thought it'll be okay when they don't have my ID

Also maxed out the coffin ship =D, no point currently with the events atm lol, way less cola needed than I needed for Merry

cw_sasuke

Ah thanks, thought it'll be okay when they don't have my ID
You are probably right - but its probably better to be safe than sorry....you have a kick-ass box so you are probably more in danger than other people (lol).
Also maxed out the coffin ship =D, no point currently with the events atm lol, way less cola needed than I needed for Merry
Nice congrats...now you overpowered Slasher team is even more OP xD
Hope Shooter and Striker teams get some love on Global too.
@Zeke

Very impressive. Your Urouge is nearly maxed...when did we get his books ? Cant remember that i ever had his books.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

117 skill maxed units currently.

These are the STR units as an example:

1) Whitebeard
2) Gear 3 Luffy
3) Kid Luffy
4) Monster Chopper
5) Blamenco
6) Edward Newgate
7) Bepo
8) Blackbeard
9) Balloon Luffy
10) Arm Point Chopper
11) Alvida
12) Arlong
13) Laboon
14) Mr. 5
15) Wapol
16) Frankenstein Franky
17) Kraken
18) Escapee Morgan
19) Fullbody
20) Fire Pearl
21) Kuroobi
22) Momoo
23) Knuckle Ensign
24) Miss Monday
26) Kumacy
27) Master of the Near Sea
29) Yosaku
30) Butchie

@Zeke

Very impressive. Your Urouge is nearly maxed...when did we get his books ? Cant remember that i ever had his books.

They dropped on Hogback's fortnight. I think I got mostly lucky with something like 18 books. But he'll be back for the Shandia isle and during the skill up event too!

cw_sasuke

They dropped on Hogback's fortnight. I think I got mostly lucky with something like 18 books. But he'll be back for the Shandia isle and during the skill up event too!

Heh ah okay this makes - its the Fortnight i missed because is stopped playing for a while when the box space issue was getting frustrating for me.

I dont have him but would love to pull him on the next Sugo - would be a kickass upgrade for Striker teams.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I dont have him but would love to pull him on the next Sugo - would be a kickass upgrade for Striker teams.

Hopefully the PSY rate up bodes well for you and you get him. Urouge is one of my favorite units to use in a team.

Hah! did you really max special an unevolved whitebeard you had while waiting for sockets?

And there's people who couldnt max special ONE whitebeard, here you are with TWO.

I forget what I was doing at the time, but I pulled 3 Whitebeards during the STR Sugo awhile back. As much as I wanted to pull him, it was also my biggest fear because the Kraken isle was going on at the same time with the special level rate up. After finishing my main Whitebeard I may have been PLV grinding towards 321 at the time and continued to drop more WB books, so I skilled up Edward Newgate for fun as well. It's definitely one of my favorite achievements in-game along with skill maxing Ryuma as the latest. In hindsight I wish I didn't use the third WB for a skill up attempt, it also would be nice if we could trade/give copies of units away too to other players, instead of them just being dupes.

cw_sasuke

Hopefully the PSY rate up bodes well for you and you get him. Urouge is one of my favorite units to use in a team.

What does your Striker team look like ? Especially since you also have Whitebeard the team must be quite good. I used my Striker team only on one Fortnight so far but i was impressed with the damage output from Kidd and co.

I dont have many orbs left but 4-5 pulls should be possible.

Majukun

STR
g3 luffy
hw franky
fullbody
pearl

DEX
Asura zoro
mihawk
perona
hw luffy

QCK