• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
What does your Striker team look like ? Especially since you also have Whitebeard the team must be quite good. I used my Striker team only on one Fortnight so far but i was impressed with the damage output from Kidd and co.

I dont have many orbs left but 4-5 pulls should be possible.

For me I prefer a striker team over the defacto slasher team, but sometimes you can't help what your FL runs. Whitebeard is definitely one of the best subs, good utility with a lower CD and a lot of HP/ATK. It's kind of dumb but I like to try to use as many characters as I can, so even if I have him, I'll try to use someone else given a situation.

As per my striker team composition, I do like using Urouge as I mentioned. I have an affinity to Smoker because he was my first unit I pulled when I started the game and Killer is always nice.

Well nobody's gonna beat that LOL. Wow.

It's really just a byproduct of how much I've played. There is another player whom I talk with, I know she definitely has more than I do. I need to start focusing on story isle drops myself. This Skypiea fortnight might be a good opportunity to do that.

Heng

For me I prefer a striker team over the defacto slasher team, but sometimes you can't help what your FL runs. Whitebeard is definitely one of the best subs, good utility with a lower CD and a lot of HP/ATK. It's kind of dumb but I like to try to use as many characters as I can, so even if I have him, I'll try to use someone else given a situation.

As per my striker team composition, I do like using Urouge as I mentioned. I have an affinity to Smoker because he was my first unit I pulled when I started the game and Killer is always nice.
I leave my Kid up and hope I sway some people to put him up instead of Mihawk. It's working, but atm only 2 or 3 people have done this so far.

For my max unit;

STR:
Whitebeard
Fullbody
DEX:
Law
QCK:
Dog penguin
Hina
INT:
Crocodile

I have many skill books and characters in my bag.
42 Marco books
15 Mihawk
12 Mr. 3 books
22 Coby books
30 Kaku
9 smoker(hopefully I get more)

There's many more books I have but none of them are close to being max.

I have Whitebeard but I underutilise him cause of the need to be at 30% health which rarely happens to me except the 24hr raid bosses =/

I need to read up on how to use him, but all he has going in my current strategy is using his high strength for a striker/strength team lol

ElChado

Neo Member

It's really just a byproduct of how much I've played. There is another player whom I talk with, I know she definitely has more than I do. I need to start focusing on story isle drops myself. This Skypiea fortnight might be a good opportunity to do that.

Striker teams are fun to use, probably because so many people run mihawk. Running perona with the double kidd was pretty enjoyable. Plus they work so well both rainbow and a bit focused for some types.

I'll be running the skypiea fortnight because i pulled urouge AFTER hogback so he has 0 skill ups, plus Aisa is there and she's the block 1 psy attack unit which needs 14 skill ups to max.

I have Whitebeard but I underutilise him cause of the need to be at 30% health which rarely happens to me except the 24hr raid bosses =/

I need to read up on how to use him, but all he has going in my current strategy is using his high strength for a striker/strength team lol

Once his ship releases he'll probably see a lot more reliable use, it really goes well with WB teams.

Once his ship releases he'll probably see a lot more reliable use, it really goes well with WB teams.
Sounds good, too bad not 1 skill book I put 10 into him resulted in skill ups will be more useful to me currently ;___;

Looking forward to Log Luffy, want him to swap around Gear 3 Luffy for some of the tougher raids that I need meat recovery lol, but getting any Sugofest exclusive people will be great.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I have 30 level 99 Max units with random amounts of level 50-70 MAXs. I like playing with variety too. Rayleigh is my go-to fortnight team, but I still dream of the day I see Jinbe team leads. Fighter teams forever, yo.

Skill Maxes though:

GP Usopp, G3 Luffy, Arlong, Mihawk, Law, Fullbody, Towel Nami, Slasher Croc, Penguin Sanji, Asura Zoro, Evolved Ace, Jozu, Hina, Garp, Impact Usopp, mr. 2 Bon clay, mr. 3, helmeppo, Robin, and don know krieg. I have a bunch of characters that are really close to max as well.

theDonutking

Neo Member
I have 30 level 99 Max units with random amounts of level 50-70 MAXs. I like playing with variety too. Rayleigh is my go-to fortnight team, but I still dream of the day I see Jinbe team leads. Fighter teams forever, yo.

Dude, I find it grueling let impossible to level characters! What island or event do you running to level?

P.S. Wish I could use my Jimbe more too.

pelicansurf

Dude, I find it grueling let impossible to level characters! What island or event do you running to level?

P.S. Wish I could use my Jimbe more too.
I think I've missed like 3 "sessions" of turtle times since I started playing the game 8+ months ago. I farm every turtle time at max speed to get as many runs in, even 2 hours during the "special" colored turtle times. I also feed all fodder books to the 30-50 Lvl. Guys to get them up to speed.

I'm also terribly inefficient with pigs, ie I sell a lot of them.

makaveli13

Neo Member
these are my max skills, I'm pretty happy with the list, I have so many that only need 1 or 2 skill ups to join it, I'm looking at you God cobi and kaku!

STR
Luffy G3
Alvida
Fullbody
Absalom

DEX
Mihawk
Law
Smoker
Perona
SWS Zoro
HW luffy
HW Robin
Bellamy
Jigoro
Assura Zoro

QCK
Diablo Sanji
Jozu
HW Zoro
HW Nami
Kuru
Hina
Mr 9
Dog penguin

PSY
Marco
Mr 2
Impact Usopp
God pound Usopp
Garp
HW Sanji
DC Django
Cindry

INT
Sir Crocudile
HW Chopper
SGT helmeppo
HW Brook
CB helmeppo
General Zombie
Edit : Mr 3

RalchAC

My max skilled units:

STR:
- Halloween Franky.
- Escapee Morgan
- Double Ironfist Fullbody
- Kumacy

DEX:
- Asura Zoro
- Mihawk
- Perona

QCK:
- Ace
- Halloween Nami
- Kuro
- Hina
- Dog Penguin
- Johny

PSY:
- Impact Usopp
- Halloween Sanji
- Mr2
- PSY Django
- Gaimon

INT:
- Brain Point Chopper
- Mr.3
- Cabin Boy Helmeppo
Some notable units about to be max skilled: Smoker, Halloween Luffy and Zoro, Brook, Vivi, Coby, Cindry, Towel Nami, Slasher Crocodile and Mirage Tempo Nami.

chrono01

I don't do simulations since I'm worried I'll use up all of my luck on it and then have nothing left for the actual event. >_<

As for Legends, I just want one. Obviously, I'd prefer Rayleigh/Log Luffy overall [as well as Boa, for waifu reasons], but I don't expect to get either. I can't see myself going crazy for the Sugofest either, since I have quite a few of the advertised PSY units [Marco, Urogue]. Shanks would be nice, I guess. Aside from those, the off-type units I'd like are Log Nami/Usopp/Brook, Kid, Blamenco, and Vista. I already have Capone, Apoo, Robin, and Ace.

I'm not sure. I do have 165 Rainbow Gems, so I'll probably do ten pulls and see how it goes.

ElChado

Neo Member
do you guys know if monster chopper's skill is necessary to complete doflamingo or not?

i think 24 is what's needed if you want to use it on doffy, it isnt really needed but that extra potential 200k damage can make a difference if you suddenly miss or get great/good.

pelicansurf

yesterday runned the simulator... 6 tries, with 2 new character and Mr 2.. then I do 3 more pulls, one is log luffy.
sadly is just a simulation, also I think that the real legends rate is nowhere that good in the game
It only took me 700 gems to get Log Luffy in the simulator.

...sigh.

I would be happy with just getting Kid and Robin during the Sugo. I would also gladly accept a Blamenco and Vista, units it seems like everyone has but me.

Heng

So the new ranking is going to start before Sugofest, and I think it's deal as much damage as you can in 1 turn. Doesn't seem too hard, it'll be a nice way to get 3 extra gems for Sugofest. What team will you guys be running for this mission?

I'm going with:

Drake/Drake
Robin/Vista
Hawkins/Crocodile

One problem is that he may not have enough health for me to get the x2.5 chain multiplier so I may drop Vista and Hawkins for a turtle or penguin.

ElChado

Neo Member
So the new ranking is going to start before Sugofest, and I think it's deal as much damage as you can in 1 turn. Doesn't seem too hard, it'll be a nice way to get 3 extra gems for Sugofest. What team will you guys be running for this mission?

I'm going with:

Drake/Drake
Robin/Vista
Hawkins/Crocodile

One problem is that he may not have enough health for me to get the x2.5 chain multiplier so I may drop Vista and Hawkins for a turtle or penguin.

it's 800k damage to get top ranking, and franky himself only has 120k hp on 15 stamina.

This franky ranking was a bit of a bitch in japan if i recall correctly, except japans ranking was 1 million or more for top ranking i believe.

With that team you'll kill everything before you get a chance to do some big damage.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Can you even reach the top rank without Robin? If not I don't really need to bother with the upcoming ranking quest.

RalchAC

Can you even reach the top rank without Robin? If not I don't really need to bother with the upcoming ranking quest.

If Franky only has 120k HP, how the hell can you deal so much damage? During a stage with 3 PSY mobs?

I've done some calculations and a team with:

X-Drake / X-Drake
Towel Nami / Cindry
Coby / Penguin.

Should be able to deal well over 800k damage if you have matching orbs and Coby's special.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
If Franky only has 120k HP, how the hell can you deal so much damage? During a stage with 3 PSY mobs?

I've done some calculations and a team with:

X-Drake / X-Drake
Towel Nami / Cindry
Coby / Penguin.

Should be able to deal well over 800k damage if you have matching orbs and Coby's special.
Int chars only

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So what's everyone been using for Brook?

i've been using double zoro leads, with subs Sergeant Helmeppo and GP Usopp on the left, and Mihawk and Law on the right. More than enough bulk to survive multiple screw ups on the way to Brook, 20K HP even when gloomed, instant elimination of Bind status. Essentially whittle him down several hundred K until he binds half the team (at which point he's easily down to 1/2 HP), then helmeppo and Usopp ensure 5 turns to use all 6 team membrs to kill him before he can even get off another attack. Completely free, probably even with unleveled specials, low level characters, and non-maxed merry/mihawk ship.

i've been using double zoro leads, with subs Sergeant Helmeppo and GP Usopp on the left, and Mihawk and Law on the right. More than enough bulk to survive multiple screw ups on the way to Brook, 20K HP even when gloomed, instant elimination of Bind status. Essentially whittle him down several hundred K until he binds half the team (at which point he's easily down to 1/2 HP), then helmeppo and Usopp ensure 5 turns to use all 6 team membrs to kill him before he can even get off another attack. Completely free, probably even with unleveled specials, low level characters, and non-maxed merry/mihawk ship.

Law/Law
Smoker/Mihawk
Perona/Apoo

Don't actually utilize perona/smoker/mihawk's specials at all, but I burst brook down within 2 turns anyway so I don't really feel the need to alter my team to optimize it more.

I could switch Perona for a more damaging DEX char I guess.

Heng

Apoo + Law (incase I accidentally take a hit I'll still have my x2.5 bonus)
Law/Mihawk
Smoker/Zoro

For the Franky challenge, I may go with this group:
Drake/Drake
Robin/Penguin
Turtle/Elder turtle

My strategy is to hit perfects with 3 characters, good or great with the next 2, and perfect for the unit that has an int orb. I think he also has high defense so I may consider swapping on if the unit for Helmeppo since his attack isn't that high.

chrono01

Mihawk/Mihawk
Law
Ashura Zoro
Crocodile
GP Usopp [although I never have a use for his special, so I might as well swap him our for another Slasher]

No issue at all, I can pass the entire thing without being hit once [outside of stalling on turtles/penguin for a turn or two].

Apoo/Apoo
Django/Bellamy
Law/Mihawk

Fortnight is a cakewalk AND I get to watch the best special animation in the game, Dancing Django's. I think it's the squeaking shoes that put it over the top for me.

Heng

B7Q9JeW.jpg
So this is the team I'm going to settle on. I should be able to clear 800,000 damage easily. First of all, using Franky stage to deal this damage is almost impossible; the best I could get is 300,000 damage. Instead, there's a stage that consist of 3 high defense psy unit with low hp and a psy crab. I have to stall enough to use Robin and Helmeppo at once, which for now is 17 turns (hopefully these 12 robin books pay off...), which is where it's pretty difficult. I've tested this on the damage meter and with matching orbs on Drake, Buggy, and Robin (with the other Drake unmatched), I will deal 955,000 damage.

Robin looks to be essential for this mission, I've tried switching her out for Hogback for the x1.25 damage to fighters but came out short. It might be possible if you get Franky with the 2 girls on the last stage though. Good luck to those who are going to try this mission, it should be easy if you have Robin.

Heng

I'm probably not gonna bother trying to complete the Franky mission.

No x-drake, only maxed INT unit is Robin.

beyond that the only sugo int unit I have is basil hawkins.

Top Bottom