• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

I've just seen the new updated they've posted on the news screen.

So basically there will always be an increase drop rate from now own and every day we'll get a Half Stamina + Double Drop rate in 1 Island, right?

I think from now own I'll just wait until the current story chapter is on its Special Day. Same for farming characters that won't get an Extra Island.

Do we know when those things start working?

I was already saving my spare Aldivas and big Turtles in order to level her up from 40 to 50 in two rounds (5 Aldivas + 5 Teen Turtles is around 170.000 experience) which is almost the exp needed from level 40 to 50.

4* Kuro is a great pull. He's be the best QCK slasher and will keep that title for a long time (until Rob Lucci, about 6 batches of Rare Recruits away). While we'll be getting his event after alvida, his 3* form requires level 70 (more than 1 million EXP) to evolve so pulling him is still worth it.

I have both him and Tashigi and I think I prefer Tashigi. She is not as painful to level up, has a quite good nuke skill and a quite good recovery that I think could be quite useful. Kuro has better ATK, AoE damage and a high hit count (8?) which is cool.

I think both are good units and fill different niches.

Hisoka

March 10, midnight PST. Islands with a bonus will have a bubble next to them indicating what kind of bonus effect they got.

Oh, one more thing. While Bonus Time starts at midnight, the QCK rate up only starts at 19 :00 PST, don't pull too soon. When the event is live, the Baroque Works art will be replaced with Ace&co.

Awww thank you sir!
Hope to see this bubble on baratie or logue town.

Just realised Lucci is a Slasher while Kaku is Striker.
Should be the other way round.

The leopard is a slasher and the giraffe is a striker. Sounds fine to me.

I have both him and Tashigi and I think I prefer Tashigi. She is not as painful to level up, has a quite good nuke skill and a quite good recovery that I think could be quite useful. Kuro has better ATK, AoE damage and a high hit count (8?) which is cool.

I think both are good units and fill different niches.

ATK is everything in a slasher team. You shouldn't need more than 1-2 turns to clear most non-boss fights, so you shouldn't even get hit and care about recovery. That's why Kuro wins IMO, and the same applies to Mr.3 vs Usopp in most cases (in pre-Mihawk content at least).

bjork

Why is Asura Zoro's attack stat so much higher than Gear 2 Luffy? I'm kinda shocked how good he is now that I've evolved Zoro.

Gear 2 was more about increasing speed in the story, iirc. Plus, it fits their characters. Zoro constantly trains. Luffy eats and falls asleep, heh.

I might throw a pull or two when the QCK thing is active. I already have the lower-tier versions of the characters, but it would be cool to pull a higher one to spare the time and beli in leveling.

Rurunaki

Why is Asura Zoro's attack stat so much higher than Gear 2 Luffy? I'm kinda shocked how good he is now that I've evolved Zoro.

Asura Zoro is equal to Gear 3rd Luffy storywise. It will always be Luffy = Zoro > Sanji in terms of power within the crew. So don't expect 2nd Gear Luffy to have the same stats as Asura.

Rurunaki

ATK teams are getting scary..

Luffy - lead 2nd Gear or bedt yet 3rd Gear
Arlong - still has one of the highest Atk
Alvida - her stats are really good for a defensive character
Axe hand Morgan - just need his jailbreak evolution to be top tier.

This will be my go to team until I can get Marine Coby with Shanks or Garp lead.

Asura Zoro will be obsolete once Mihawk is released :(

RalchAC

Fuck. I've evolved Coby for the Character Log and when I decided to feed him to feed him to God Ussop it only gave 300 EXP! Fucking Coby is useless even as fodder.

Asura Zoro is equal to Gear 3rd Luffy storywise. It will always be Luffy = Zoro > Sanji in terms of power within the crew. So don't expect 2nd Gear Luffy to have the same stats as Asura.

Man, sometimes I hate how Luffy (and Zoro to a lesser extent) get most of the cool fights while Sanji doesn't. Well, he gets some, but not as many. I mean, Zoro was even able to use the Sniperking as his sword, it's really hard to top that :p

Rurunaki

Fuck. I've evolved Coby for the Character Log and when I decided to feed him to feed him to God Ussop it only gave 300 EXP! Fucking Coby is useless even as fodder.

Man, sometimes I hate how Luffy (and Zoro to a lesser extent) get most of the cool fights while Sanji doesn't. Well, he gets some, but not as many. I mean, Zoro was even able to use the Sniperking as his sword, it's really hard to top that :p

Sanji is still part of the "Monster Trio", and expect Luffy to always fight the bosses while Zoro to some extent seeing as he is the first mate. The problem with Sanji now is he might be relegated to Frank/Brook/Robin tier once Jimbei joins the Strawhat Crew.

Even Bon Clay was more useful than Sanji. Although, Sanji is smarter than Luffy and Zoro combined, so he picks his fights.

bjork

Sanji is still part of the "Monster Trio", and expect Luffy to always fight the bosses while Zoro to some extent seeing as he is the first mate. The problem with Sanji now is he might be relegated to Frank/Brook/Robin tier once Jimbei joins the Strawhat Crew.

Yeah, unless you formed some very specific team, I would imagine by the time Jimbei is available, even a maxed Sanji would be outclassed. Kinda sad, he's my favorite SH.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Asura Zoro is still considered one of the best leads in the JP version, he won't be useless anytime soon. 2x ATK/HP Bonus is massive. Mihawk only boost ATK with a higher multi.

Gear 2 was more about increasing speed in the story, iirc. Plus, it fits their characters. Zoro constantly trains. Luffy eats and falls asleep, heh.

Oh from a narrative point of view I totally understand the stats, I'm just sorta surprised there's such a massive difference between them within this game considering they're the same star rating and all that.

Coby and Zeff have the same star rating too.

They're not part of a three-form evolution chain though..

I'm probably misinterpreting this a bit, I kinda just assumed that gameplay-wise Luffy, Zoro and Sanji were like the starters in pokemon.

red/blue/green themes, 3-form evolution + all three viable units.

So Zoro suddenly having 700 attack on his final form is like .. "wait what".

rmanthorp

RE posting without a busted image

I think overall my team is just 2 weak....? I'm feeling a bit direction-less at the moment, or rather, I'm not sure what I should be going after...

Here's my current box - any advice on what teams I should be building. I've just been trying for QWK ever since I got Ace but IDK if I'm doing it right.

http://i.imgur.com/6ghm6Ox.jpg

I think overall my team is just 2 weak....? I'm feeling a bit direction-less at the moment, or rather, I'm not sure what I should be going after...

Here's my current box - any advice on what teams I should be building. I've just been trying for QWK ever since I got Ace but IDK if I'm doing it right.

Where's Luffy? And what have you been doing with all your gems; you only have one left and a very tiny character box and seemingly few rare pulls.

A QCK-team with Ace, Sanji, Kuro, Blue Dragon and Usopp? Or maybe you can do something with Zeff.

rmanthorp

Where's Luffy? And what have you been doing with all your gems; you only have one left and a very tiny character box and seemingly few rare pulls.

A QCK-team with Ace, Sanji, Kuro, Blue Dragon and Usopp? Or maybe you can do something with Zeff.

I had the flame plate dude like 3 times and I just binned him :O - I also used some for clutch revives - take it that's a no no?? :< - Luffy went a long time ago. I know I'd regret that...

That IS the QCK team I'm currently rocking with moderate success.

@RalchAC: Did you miss my reply?

I had the flame plate dude like 3 times and I just binned him :O - I also used some for clutch revives - take it that's a no no?? :< - Luffy went a long time ago. I know I'd regret that...

Yeah, it kind of sounds like you messed up with wasting rainbow gems on nonsense (and throwing away Luffy, even if you don't use him) ;b Especially since starting tomorrow QCK characters have an increased drop-rate as rare pulls, but then I suppose maybe you already have most of the ones you can get so far.

Majukun

4* Kuro is a great pull. He's be the best QCK slasher and will keep that title for a long time (until Rob Lucci, about 6 batches of Rare Recruits away). While we'll be getting his event after alvida, his 3* form requires level 70 (more than 1 million EXP) to evolve so pulling him is still worth it.
Lucci is a slasher too? Oh come on! Why are fighter so damn rare? Lucci doesn't even have a sword...
Speaking of which.. How much does the rate increase on the event? Ace is a good fighter, but I don't know if it's worth all those gems only trying to get him

Lucci is a slasher too? Oh come on! Why are fighter so damn rare? Lucci doesn't even have a sword...
He fits as a slasher if you consider his Zoan form. Khalifa will be your fighter from that batch.

Speaking of which.. How much does the rate increase on the event? Ace is a good fighter, but I don't know if it's worth all those gems only trying to get him

Not sure about this, we'll have to wait and see.

Majukun

Is it better to power up characters with 5 per time or it doesn't matter and you can give it even on at the time?

bjork

A slasher team with Kuro as captain, Zoro, Buggy, God Usopp, and I don't know who in the last spot. Maybe Sanji for his heal special, or Vivi since she's a slasher too? With an Arlong friend captain, the slashers would be pretty decent.

Is it better to power up characters with 5 per time or it doesn't matter and you can give it even on at the time?

I think it doesn't matter, the exp is the exp. Maybe combine guys so you have fewer total, but they have higher levels, so you aren't spending as much?

I've done enough runs on Baratie 2 to almost got from 65 to 66 and I still can't get this seahorse to drop. On seahorse island day, I'm catching like 20 of them.

Yeah i feel you i've been trying for the green crab on the special island all of friday (and the normal islands on the weekend) and it just dropped...was worth it thouh as zoro is crazy powerful in that form

ah_hia

Crabs are crazy difficult to get even in their Islands. I think I've got the rainbow hermit crab thrice now instead of armored Crabs. On an unrelated note, playing alvida 3rd stage and the teenage turtle dropped a zoro skill book wtf

pLow7

MJFcSYn.jpg

I'm at Loguetown now, it took me two Years to finish Arlong with VIVI as 2nd Captain.

I'm trying to go for Zeff, but i don't know if i should waste my Time for Zeff or farming Pirate Penguins in Story Mode. I still got 2 elder Purple Turtles which i wanted to use for Luffy and Zoro when i get my Penguins because i don't want to wait a Year until i get them to 35!

Soo, Zeff or Penguins ?

cw_sasuke

I'm at Loguetown now, it took me two Years to finish Arlong with VIVI as 2nd Captain.

I'm trying to go for Zeff, but i don't know if i should waste my Time for Zeff or farming Pirate Penguins in Story Mode. I still got 2 elder Purple Turtles which i wanted to use for Luffy and Zoro when i get my Penguins because i don't want to wait a Year until i get them to 35!

Soo, Zeff or Penguins ?

Go for Zeff first - with Luffy, Nico Robin and Sanji you already good fighters. You will get the Penguins later on eventually anyway, while Zeff wont get a dedicated Event Island.

Always be Luffy > Zoro = Sanji in the crew.

Thats not true at all.

Salex_

Looks like I'm going to use my gems tomorrow. The only QCK unit I have is Sanji and I really want Ace. I hope 6 pulls is enough to get him.

Soo, Zeff or Penguins ?

Zeff. Evolving Luffy or Zoro with your current team synergy wouldn't be that useful. If you get Zeff now, you can make a good fighter team.

Leader: Zeff
Luffy
Sanji
Nico
Usopp
Smoker is a Striker though and 6.25x whatever Nicos base dmg is easily beats Smokers ATK. No need to use Smoker at this point because Zeff teams can destroy every boss with Golden Pound Usopp.

Good luck on getting Ace, would be great if you get the 5* version asap - because leveling up his 4* version takes a lot of effort/time.
Oops, thought Smoker was a fighter!

Yeah, it'd be nice if I could get his 5* version, but I'll be fine with anything at this point. I won't be able to use a QCK team for awhile, so I can level him during the Kuro event.

cw_sasuke

Looks like I'm going to use my gems tomorrow. The only QCK unit I have is Sanji and I really want Ace. I hope 6 pulls is enough to get him.

Zeff. Evolving Luffy or Zoro with your current team synergy wouldn't be that useful. If you get Zeff now, you can make a good fighter team.

Luffy
Smoker
Sanji
Usopp

Looking at Nico's stats, you shouldn't use her on your fighter team until you evolve her.

Smoker is a Striker though and 6.25x whatever Nicos base dmg is easily beats Smokers ATK. No need to use Smoker at this point because Zeff teams can destroy every boss with Golden Pound Usopp.

Good luck on getting Ace, would be great if you get the 5* version asap - because leveling up his 4* version takes a lot of effort/time.

Guess I'll post mine too, since I don't think I ever have:

Character Box:

Current Team:

I semi-regret maxing out Buggy like I did, but I think he'll still be useful later on, especially if I can ever pull a Nico Robin. That QCK event is super tempting, since Ace is one of my favorite characters. The only thing that sucks is the fact that I would be waaaaay behind if I decided to start working on a QCK team now.

StMeph

Generally, there's no point to using stones to revive in story mode. It's a waste of stamina, since you could use one to get full stamina and retry again. If you NEED it to complete the chapter, that's probably more of a sign that you need more XP or change your team comp, because you don't have quite enough stats to tackle it. The only time it's more acceptable to revive to complete an encounter are for the special island big boss encounters (like Mihawk).

How did you get rid of Luffy? Never get rid of named characters. If you need more space, add more box space. That's also generally a good use of stones, unless you go overboard or something.

Luffy
Smoker
Sanji/Nico
Usopp

Looking at Nico's stats, you shouldn't use her on your fighter team until you evolve her, unless you want more recovery.

Ill be getting some gems for the event to pull an ace i hope

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

I might throw a pull or two when the QCK thing is active. I already have the lower-tier versions of the characters, but it would be cool to pull a higher one to spare the time and beli in leveling.

Can you pull an evolved Ace in the bonus QCK thing?

qazqaNii

Finally got a red pirate penguin, went to upgrade luffy, what do I see? I don't have the red dragon. Well shit time to wait till thursday.

Is it just me or is the gems really expensive? You get like 1 gem for 1$, kinda overpriced imo.

Vecks

Finally got a red pirate penguin, went to upgrade luffy, what do I see? I don't have the red dragon. Well shit time to wait till thursday.

Is it just me or is the gems really expensive? You get like 1 gem for 1$, kinda overpriced imo.

It is expensive, but it's also the standard price for these f2p games. They get much "cheaper" when you buy a higher bulk, so it's to push you to buy the bigger "deals".

I was thinking the opposite the other day actually when I was checking the blog for the Japanese version to see some upcoming characters. A lot of characters who you'd think would be slashers was actually something else. Maybe they felt like they had too many slashers.

StMeph

It is expensive, but it's also the standard price for these f2p games. They get much "cheaper" when you buy a higher bulk, so it's to push you to buy the bigger "deals".

There are also never sales or discounts on gems, so what you actually have to find are sales or discounts on iTunes gift cards (or whatever the equivalent is for Android in the GooglePlay store).

There are also never sales or discounts on gems, so what you actually have to find are sales or discounts on iTunes gift cards (or whatever the equivalent is for Android in the GooglePlay store).

Are there really never any sales? Do you mean so far in the US game, or have they not had any sales in the Japanese version either?

I really really love this game, but I just don't know if I could ever force myself to pay those kinds of prices for the fruit. I'm kind of afraid that's what's going to eventually lead to me quitting the game.

pLow7

Go for Zeff first - with Luffy, Nico Robin and Sanji you already good fighters. You will get the Penguins later on eventually anyway, while Zeff wont get a dedicated Event Island.

Luffy
Sanji
Nico
Usopp

Thank you! I guess it'll be a long ride. Hopefully Baratie will get a "better Droprate"-Special soon :D

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Are there really never any sales? Do you mean so far in the US game, or have they not had any sales in the Japanese version either?

I really really love this game, but I just don't know if I could ever force myself to pay those kinds of prices for the fruit. I'm kind of afraid that's what's going to eventually lead to me quitting the game.

Compared to other F2P games, OP is pretty generous as far as handing out fruits. You get 1 a day + 3 every 5 days + 5 for clearing an island + random chapters handing them out.

StMeph

I could be wrong with Treasure Cruise, as I'm basing all of this on my experience with Puzzle & Dragons (over 2 years, since launch) and Monster Strike (months), but this style of game basically never sells their IAP stuff at a discount, mostly because they've never had to. Existing revenues are too good. Plus TC has the One Piece license, so I would expect that makes them even less willing to sell at discount.

If you want a discount, you'll have to find discounted gift cards. That's the only way that I know of.

Compared to other F2P games, OP is pretty generous as far as handing out fruits. You get 1 a day + 3 every 5 days + 5 for clearing an island + random chapters handing them out.

Oh I agree, but I've heard that the giving out of fruits will slow down significantly as the game goes on. I hope that's not the case, but who knows.

Top Bottom