• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

I think today i've got 3 Red Teen Turtles (now I have 5) and 2 Aldivas (now I have 3). I'll wait until the Extra EXP days and use them to make the leveling less painful that it usually is.

As other people here, I'm interested in building a STR team for Mihawk. I've found in our beloved OPTC blog this info.

For what I've read there I think the best unit is Iron Pearl's EVO for the food to STR conversion. My party should look like this when he appears.

2nd Gear Luffy (Captain)
2nd Gear Luffy / 3rd Gear Luffy (Friend)
Arlong (I'll farm him on his Extra Island)
Aldiva (leveling her up)
Iron Pearl on Fire
God Ussop.

You'll have to sacrifice someone (Arlong or Alvida) for Chopper/Gaimon IMO or else Fire Pearl's special will be too depending on luck. A food provider like Chopper grants you 3 meat which means Fire Pearl will double the attack of 3 units of your choice (One Luffy, Fire Pearl and Arlong/Alvida). Chopper/Gaimon's special can also double as healing when food is more critical than damage.
If you're not going to use a food provider then ignore Fire Pearl's special and look at him exclusively from a stats perspective.

thetechkid

So I pulled Miss Valentine and Mr. 5, I didn't see these on the must have pull list on the front page but I wanted to ask. Is it worth continuing with these cards or should I reroll?

So I pulled Miss Valentine and Mr. 5, I didn't see these on the must have pull list on the front page but I wanted to ask. Is it worth continuing with these cards or should I reroll?

Both are pretty meh, especially as starting units. OP didn't show up in some time so he didn't add the latest batch of characters, you'll find an updated tier list here.

Went to Elite Alvida with the wrong team and had to suffer for 20 minutes hitting her with crab-like damage. >< 5 out of 6 teams have either Helmeppo or Krieg but it had to be the one with neither.

I just need one for my Usopp.
And I also dont really know how the chances are.

Should I attack him first?

Nah, drops are fixed when you enter the battle. I hope Loguetown would get a drop rate x2 during Bonus Time, I need two yellow pirate penguins and a blue one.

chrono01

Farming for Zeff is slowly driving me mad.
It's a right of passage for everyone. It's similar to farming Naga/Echidna in Puzzle & Dragons. Keep at it and try not to lose faith. You will obtain him!

My turtle farming continues. I'm tempted to use them on my Ace right now [I have five of the big turtles], but knowing the increased XP/fusion rate is coming up, I'm trying to save every one that I can.

I just need one for my Usopp.
And I also dont really know how the chances are.

Should I attack him first?

Oh I always attack the Penguin first. Same with any stage.

I have done Alvida Elite dozens of times. Of those dozens, four times have I not killed her first. On each of those four times, one of the three trash mobs dropped something preventing me from getting another Alvida drop (more exp.). When I kill her first I don't always get one... but when I kill her first at least I have a chance to get one!

chrono01

Oh I always attack the Penguin first. Same with any stage.

I have done Alvida Elite dozens of times. Of those dozens, four times have I not killed her first. On each of those four times, one of the three trash mobs dropped something preventing me from getting another Alvida drop (more exp.). When I kill her first I don't always get one... but when I kill her first at least I have a chance to get one!
It doesn't matter who you attack first. The drop is already determined when you enter that stage. That being said, I always attack the unit I want first, just so I can get the disappointment over quicker.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Most mobile games of that kind work like this, otherwise people would just quickly close the app when they see the drop and try reload/retry that stage without stamina losses. Once you enter the stage drops are already decided so that the outcome doesn't change if you reload the stage or something messes up you connection.

chrono01

How do we know this? o.0
v

Most mobile games of that kind work like this, otherwise people would just quickly close the app when they see the drop and try reload/retry that stage without stamina losses. Once you enter the stage drops are already decided so that the outcome doesn't change if you reload the stage or something messes up you connection.
What cw_sasuke said.

Keep doing it if it makes you feel better, just know that it doesn't really help things. I know, farming can be soul-crushing at times. >_<

Same here. Finishing up the battle is a lot more disappointing when you already know you can't get anything anymore.
Yeah.

On the reverse, if the unit does actually drop that feeling of achievement cannot be beat.

Can we use both the new and old Straw Hats at the same time, for example Gear 2 Luffy and Gear 3 Luffy in the same crew or do they count as the same character?

On the reverse, if the unit does actually drop that feeling of achievement cannot be beat.

To me it doesn't feel like an achievement though, since it's just luck-based. That's another reason why I've never been a fan of farming something in games with low drop-rates. Your skills cannot effect the outcome.

chrono01

What to do with the FP?

It seems you only get totally shitty characters by using those.
Apparently later on we'll be able to do recruits with FP that give you evolution/XP materials. I'm saving mine until then, but it could be a while. At least I'll have a lot to spend when they finally offer it.

To me it doesn't feel like an achievement though, since it's just luck-based. That's another reason why I've never been a fan of farming something in games with low drop-rates. Your skills cannot effect the outcome.
Maybe not technically an "achievement", but it still feels nice when your persistence is rewarded, despite being RNG [as you said].

cw_sasuke

Maybe not technically an "achievement", but it still feels nice when your persistence is rewarded, despite being RNG [as you said].
I agree, while the drops are rng there are a couple of things a person can do to improve your attempts and chances. The goals is how to farm a stage as were effective as possible and build up the right team for the task.

Sure you can have luck and get it on the first try but normally will want to optimize your group for the upcoming task.Then when you finally get the drops it's rewarding and you know it was worth the effort.

This might be more the case for Special Island and Events and less for the story stages, but in general it's the same principle.

The better you get, the more attempts you can realize and you are more likely to get the drop you want.

Finally got my Diable Sanji yesterday Now I'm trying to get this yellow pirate penguin, to evolve into Sogeking (mistakenly didn't evolve my Ussop to God-Ussop because I really didn't know much about the game) and again its giving a hard time to drop. Hate the fact that when it lights up and you think you got it and it turns out to be just a bag of belli (has happened twice). I've been playing chapter 4 in Loguetown over and over to get this penguin and all I get is the pirates to drop.

After Ussop I will start working on my Zoro, He is in level 35 (Pound Phoenix Zoro).

cw_sasuke

Arlong Park is double drop today, time to get Arlong for anyone still missing him.

bjork

After about infinity runs trying to get a seahorse, I go to the island today and get one first try. I need 6 more for future evolutions of people I have now. I'm just gonna get those right now, so there's less headache later.

Uthred

Totally out of the loop since my ipad went tits up last week (all those missed login bonuses sting ;) ). Up and running again, suppose I'll leave Zeff farming till Baratie gets its bonus time. Having trouble getting through Alvida's defence with my Shanks team, is there any "trick" to it or do you just need to overpower it?

Totally out of the loop since my ipad went tits up last week (all those missed login bonuses sting ;) ). Up and running again, suppose I'll leave Zeff farming till Baratie gets its bonus time. Having trouble getting through Alvida's defence with my Shanks team, is there any "trick" to it or do you just need to overpower it?

->

She doesn't have a ton of HP, just a high defense, so if your team is weak you won't be able to do more than 1 damage per hit. Your options are:

• Using a DEF Breaker like Helmeppo, Plastic Surgery Sanji or one of these guys.
  • Use 4* Don Krieg to poison her and wait 'til she dies
  • Use fixed damage specials/TND like Diable Jambe Sanji
  • Finish your combo with a unit with high enough damage to surpass her DEF (a matching orb can help)

For the last point, with a Shanks team you'll need an evolved Shanks friend, get him a yellow orb and finish your combo with him.

cw_sasuke

The best would be farming him in 14, right?

How big would be the chance to get him, 0.0001 instead of 0.00005?
Yeah, Arlong Park 14 would be the more efficient way to get him.. It's faster and he is the only drop on the stage.

I think from 5% to 10% if I had to guess.

Might go and get Helmeppo, 3 stamina for a run sounds good.

bjork

So I have a Diable Sanji, but I also have the Hot Rock Stew Sanji. There's no reason to keep the Hot Rock one, right? He's level 35, it might be a good exp boost to him or Ace.

cw_sasuke

So I have a Diable Sanji, but I also have the Hot Rock Stew Sanji. There's no reason to keep the Hot Rock one, right? He's level 35, it might be a good exp boost to him or Ace.
I would keep Stew Sanji you might need a healer at some point in the future who knows, there are other ways to get exp besides feeding more unique units.

bjork

I just learned that you can tap the back arrow when a guy starts leveling up, and you go back to the character list and he'll be leveled already.

chrono01

Today we get 2 Rainbow Gems. One for the event that finishes and another one for the Bonus Time event.

Can't say I dislike it.
I'm hoping this never ends [although I'm sure it will]. I'm sitting at 64 Rainbow Gems with my Character Box sitting at 90 Slots.

Keep those free Rainbow Gems coming!

bjork

My double drop rate has resulted in sacks of money. I wish it had a different colored flash so there isn't that "man, finally... ah man damn it" moment.

I decided to use a friends diabla jamba sanji as my friend captain to get zeff

When it came to the boss fight i said to myself if sanji gets his correct color orb (which he did) then zeff would drop (just one of those feelings)....finish zeff off and suddenly a huge glow and....bag of beli!!!!

Top Bottom